It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Delusional...........

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
I will say one more time clearer...WE ARE NOT ALONE...and I DO NOT REQUIRE PROOF. If you have any belief that math is real then you cannot deny ignorance.

I'm sorry darlin but actually you do need proof and you are in denial of the fact that we need proof.

No one is saying there isn't life out there they are just saying in order to know one requires physical
evidence, why is that so hard for you to understand princess..?..

edit on 25-12-2012 by denver22 because: Spelling only

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by intrptr
Well of course there is life "out there", where do you think we came from? Here?

Pretty arrogant considering you have never been off this rock.

Who exactly are you referring too in your post?

Not you angel...

Hubble Deep Field

I think about that all the time. I walk my dog at night before bed and I am always amazed at the stars overhead. The vastness, the wonder... thats true worship by the way... and your calculator doesn't have enough zeros.

Well I was sure the zero's were way off the board...the demonstration proved my mathematical tendencies about the subject though.

Something along these lines there are at least this many galaxies...

And at least these many planets

And life exist nowhere else? Lmbo....Oh no one is in denial....right? They need proof.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I an certain the universe is teaming with life. However being that in 4 .5 billion years only one life form has become 8ntelligent on earth may indicate that intelligent life is extremly rare.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

I will say one more time clearer...WE ARE NOT ALONE...and I DO NOT REQUIRE PROOF. If you have any belief that math is real then you cannot deny ignorance.

I'm sorry darlin but actually you do need proof and you are in denial of the fact that we need proof.

No one is saying there isn't life out there they are just saying in order to know one requires physical
evidence, why is that so hard for you to understand princess..?..

edit on 25-12-2012 by denver22 because: Spelling only

So just answer one question for me...Have you been taught anything that you believe is fact without proof?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Your argument lady is you are saying to people that you bet your life that there is life and you
dont need proof and you know there is....well could you please put your're money where you're
mouth is and show us the actuall proof ....noo thought so you lose game over man game over..

Seriously lady you have no proof just statistics that numbers.Well the numbers count for nothing
they do not constitute proof in any way shape of form but a probability scale..

Good day ..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I an certain the universe is teaming with life. However being that in 4 .5 billion years only one life form has become 8ntelligent on earth may indicate that intelligent life is extremly rare.

If by rare you mean 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 probable chances....okay then only 1,000,000,000 planets have life, gee you are right that is rare

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So just answer one question for me...Have you been taught anything that you believe is fact without proof?

Still requires proof otherwise it's just an open minded mindset only, must try harder little lady
must have proof,u cannot base claims on statistical probabilities and claim because you believe in you're
mind you believe it to be fact without seeing the said aliens or "intelligent life you describe"..

edit on 25-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

...Okay, delusional was harsh I changed it to denial...

I'm not in denial. And I think I can speak for quite a few others who personally believe life exists elsewhere.

However, what I personally believe is not relevant. Whether I personally believe in intelligent ETs or not won't change the fact of if they exist or not.

You can believe all you want, but the bottom line is that until intelligent ETs are actually found, the fact of their existence is still unknown -- even if they most likely do exist, and the odds the were are alone are virtually zero. However "virtually zero" is not zero.

Those odds only mathematically becomes zero upon the discovery of other intelligent life -- whether you, me, or anyone else personally believes they exist or not. The odds (or the ETs, for that matter) don't care if we believe in them or not.

Still requires proof otherwise it's just an open minded mindset only must try harder little lady
must have proof cannot bas claims on statistical probabilities and claim because you believe in you're
mind you believe it to be fact without seeing said aliens...

Yes. People who feel it is possible (even if the chances are virtually nil) that we may be alone are MORE open minded than people who believe something with 100% certainty only because they want to believe it.

I think I am more open minded because I consider ALL of the possibilities until proven otherwise. Sure -- I think intelligent ETs exist, but I can't be 100% certain of it until all other possibilities are proven false.

edit on 12/25/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Your argument lady is you are saying to people that you bet your life that there is life and you
dont need proof and you know there is....well could you please put your're money where you're
mouth is and show us the actuall proof ....noo thought so you lose game over man game over..

Seriously lady you have no proof just statistics that numbers.Well the numbers count for nothing
they do not constitute proof in any way shape of form but a probability scale..

Good day ..

My argument is that you are ignoring the obvious. There is no mathematical way that we are the only planet in the Universe that has intelligent life and I will go a step further...this is not even the only Universe so everything times 9 infinity....open your brain a little and quit denying ignorance...I noticed you did not answer my question...DO YOU HAVE PROOF for everything you believe to be true and based on fact? DING DING DING...NO you do not have proof of everything you believe, so you ignored my question for a reason.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

WE ARE NOT ALONE

If anyone can look at this picture and tell me that we are alone in the vastness of infinity...you are severely delusional.

Seriously. We live on a planet that revolves with 7 other planets and one so called dwarf planet around a single star and maybe 2 (we don't know) because we might be a binary star system.

Do the math.

It has been said that our galaxy alone has over a billion stars (1,000,000,000) and there is really no way to quantify that. Lets just stick with a billion for the hell of it.

If our star has 9 planets, that means we can assume other stars have planets too, right? Lets assume that every star out of a billion has at least 3 planets. That is 3,000,000,000 planets in our galaxy.

Then it has been suggested, also, no way to quantify, that there is well over a trillion galaxies in our Universe.
1,000,000,000,000 x 3,000,000,000 = 3.e+21 is the answer my calculator just gave me.

That is a ridiculous amount of planets and this is a conservative number. Let's try the maximum for the hell of it using our solar system as the model.

1,000,000,000,000 x 9,000,000,000 = 9.e+21.

No matter how you do it lets take 1% of either total and you get somewhere in between 1,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 planets roaming around out there.

1% of them may have life of an intelligent kind...so...that would be somewhere between 1,000,000 and 1,000,000,000.

Doesn't really matter how you do the math, there is NO WAY in any way shape or form a common sense view that can tell me or any of you that we are alone in this Universe.

I am sure I screwed up the math and some scientist will come in here and correct me...that is ok...I'm not a mathematician...I simply find it ridiculous that anyone can think we are the only form of intelligent life.

BAW33

you cant go around saying stuff like this bro, you'll stir up the sheep make them all unsettled like.

Yeah I know right...can of worms with fish hooks on the end of it. It is so hypocritical of people to come in here and try to tell me they need proof in order to accept this as fact, but they believe a BIBLE as fact when 90% of it is fiction. Hysterical.
edit on 12/25/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Lady have you have no proof like soylent green said untill they are shown to the world then
there is no proof...Let me get this clear to you little one...We believe in the probability of life
but will not state it as a fact untill there is physical proof do you understand that?..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Lady have you have no proof like soylent green said untill they are shown to the world then
there is no proof...Let me get this clear to you little one...We believe in the probability of life
but will not state it as a fact untill there is physical proof do you understand that?..

Did you beat your head against the screen as you wrote that...
Young man your condescending tone not withstanding falls fast on my deaf ears...You and Soylent answer one question for me...Do you believe anything that you do not have proof of as being the factual truth?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33]

Yeah I know right...can of worms with fish hooks on the end of it. It is so hypocritical of people to come in here and try to tell me they need proof in order to accept this as fact,

YES we need proof god i could imagine you as a judge ..send him down off with his head
he did it i require no proof ..Why is that your honour...Because i don't need it wtf lady..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

We may be alone within our own galaxy. Why? Because of a very special and unique cosmological configuration in terms of our earth-moon-sun relationship, which if it was anything other than precisely the way it is, "life" if there was any on earth would be very very different that what we enjoy today. In fact, without the effect of our single giant moon, our precise distance from the sun and even the tilt and wobble (which is a result of the moon also), then we would not be having this conversation because if that were the case then this world would not be covered with liquid water. Life on earth is either by design or the result of the most astronomical of coincidences imaginable, even beyond imagination,.

So while I've thought and considered what you've presented for our consideration, upon further research I've discovered that life on earth as we experience it is by far more extraordinary and unique than I'd previously imagined.

Consider this question, for example: On how many worlds would it be possible for a ten fingered bipedal self aware sentient observer to look up and witness their single, giant moon, perfectly eclipse their sun?

Oh there may be other configurations with another type of dynamic equilibrium balancing (moon action) capable of sustaining life, but what we have here on earth is almost certainly a cosmologically unique configuration.

edit on 25-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The Uncaused cause, the Unmoving mover, the Infinte and Eternal One, the Self Existet, the Always has been what Always Is and always Will Be,

Nobody created the Creation, the One always has been.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

how do you explain enki?

I don't know who this is? feel free to explain? I will say this if anyone believes one word in the BIBLE or any other supposed historical account of anything and they don't believe there is other life in this Universe times 9 infinity, then they are in serious denial.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

The Uncaused cause, the Unmoving mover, the Infinte and Eternal One, the Self Existet, the Always has been what Always Is and always Will Be,

Nobody created the Creation, the One always has been.

Yes but where is your proof?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

A God particle?

Just because you have a drop of the ocean in a bottle, doesn't mean you have THE Ocean in a bottle, understand?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

The Drake equasion proves nothing , its not a good way to guess how many different forms of life out there because we dont know what most of the values for the formla are.

This is from the wiki link you posted :

there is no evidence for abiogenesis occurring more than once on the Earth—that is, all terrestrial life stems from a common origin. If abiogenesis were more common it would be speculated to have occurred more than once on the Earth. Scientists have searched for this by looking for bacteria that are unrelated to other life on Earth, but none have been found yet. It is also possible that life arose more than once, but that other branches were out-competed, or died in mass extinctions, or were lost in other ways. Biochemists Francis Crick

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Did you beat your head against the screen as you wrote that...

YES i did,trying to get through to you that one does requires proof, deal with it sweetheart..

Ohh by the way i am southern english and calling somone sweetheart or love is normal
And is not condesending...

English mods understand what i mean there with proof that it is not rude coming from
our toungues..

P.S wheres you're proof im waiting little lady..

edit on 25-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join