It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Delusional...........

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hey wait a min , isn't this the space exploration forum and not post a Pick and rant forum ?
Seems to me that this post should have been posted in the alien forum , no ?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

To say that life exists elsewhere in universe without ANY demonstrable proof is foolish.

To say it doesn't is completely ridiculous...What religion to do practice? Is there anything you were taught in any school that was written in a history book? I bet you don't even believe you are real.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
If you don't believe there is life out there somewhere in the universe,given the numbers, then you are a fool.
Now is there there any intelligent life out there....well there isn't much on this planet so go figure.

Life IS intelligent. Our planet is abundant with it, so chances are, the other planets that are capable of supporting life would also be abundant of life (which is intelligent).

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Please do tell , which religion limits their god to only being able to creating life here ?

Also , would love to know what history books have you read ?

And once again , what does any of this opinionated hyperbole have to do with space exploration ?

Perhaps the mods are busy with Christmas Eve celebrations to appropriately deal with this thread ?
edit on 24-12-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I don't have a religion, I believe in the God of the Bible, but you sure are mistaken in believing faith is a denial of extraterrestrial life. The reality of it is, that there isn't any evidence to support life on other planets. Your argument is just wishful thinking. I'm just saying explore some other possibilities before reviling me about my beliefs.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sure, there is a mathematical possibility that other forms of life, other than us, do exist in the entire universe as we know it, but all the math in the world isn't proof. In order to prove beyond a doubt that we aren't alone in the universe you would have to produce evidence that extraterrestrials exist.

I guess it all depends upon which route you want to go:

1. You can "believe" that there are extraterrestrials.
  2. You can "believe" we are a misnomer.
  3. You can take the scientific approach and logically conclude that either can be true, but there isn't enough data to conclude either as fact.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Phage

All that ?

I believe anyone who refuses to acknowledge a possibility as being valid out of bias has corrupted himself thru his own prejudice. And at some point, will some how, have to deal with the corruption with'in thier heart.

Now, have you considered the possibility that all we see in the heavens, is completely void of any carbon based life forms. Do to the simple fact, that these life forms don't just jolly well happen, but must be employed by the/a most supreme intelligence in and of existence ? That intel being referred to by most of us earthlings and some very old, yet very pertinent and sincere writings, as GOD.

And wouldn't it also make just as much sense as your ideas of a populated universe ? If I were to suggest it isn't populated at all yet ? Because we are only to a point in this higher beings plan, that the populating of the cosmos is merely something you have only jumped the gun on. Yet is still just as much the truth of a plan you can't begin to imagine ? Yet absolutely involves you personally and would honor every human being in existence with great purpose.

Because this higher beings plan to populate, while experiencing an unseen current difficulty, will be realized without worry ? Do to his awesome power and mega-intelligence rendering him to be exactly what we should expect of a being with this type of rep. A righteous and holy loving Father figure, who we were meant to have an awesome relationship and great adventures with under his all knowing command, to go out. And to seek new civilizations by his creation thru us. To truly go where no man has gone before or ever imagined remotely he could go.

What if the one who created all this, is so righteous that we don't see all the moralities that would force even him to stand back? And let this interruption of evil, that is this world, that he never intended for us ? But we created and he will have no part of, what if he must let it burn itself out ? Because he is not a tyrant ? What if instead of our own hard fought ways, of trial and error and experimentation in the lab, and at times blowing ourselves up and "back to the drawing board ", and, "if at first you don't succeed " cursed crap we must bare for the simple fact of not knowing a damn thing compared to this highest order of being, our you catching on yet ? Can I stop ?

In other words, what if your timeline is skewed ? For the simple fact that your idea is the one being popularized while the truth is being polarized. As an advantage of a lesser power, yet one of still greater knowledge than ours
uses to shield this truth from you. Because it is the truth and because he has ruined everything for himself and the only thing he has left is hate and jealousy for all of Gods creation.

What if evidence isn't anything it's cracked up to be because mankind is fallable and a fool without the guidance his Father. Sound familiar at all ? I digress but not really.
edit on 24-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.....

Please post on topic...and remember

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

~~reopened~~
edit on Mon Dec 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Closed for staff review.....

Please post on topic...and remember

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

~~reopened~~
edit on Mon Dec 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

If I was rude to anyone I apologize. Thank you for reopening.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ok donttread has requested that religion be kept out of the mix...so I will just refrain from that from here out. If you believe in anything that didn't require proof then why would you try to deny even the slightest possibility that we are not alone? I would suspect that everyone that has replied has something they believe in that did not require proof. That alone should allow for the possibility, never mind the probability.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well that took a little goading and a lot of effort Randy. Thanks. I pushed the right button I guess.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

I think it is widely accepted that it is an almost mathematical certainty that there is other life out there. I think most scientists would agree with that. It is only the religious nuts that think otherwise.

I've said it 50 times on this site and it bears repeating. The universe exists because it must. It exists to support life. Why else would it exist? Life is the rule, not the exception. I would imagine that in generations going forward, this will be borne out by continuous, new discoveries.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing

Sure, there is a mathematical possibility that other forms of life, other than us, do exist in the entire universe as we know it, but all the math in the world isn't proof. In order to prove beyond a doubt that we aren't alone in the universe you would have to produce evidence that extraterrestrials exist.

I guess it all depends upon which route you want to go:

1. You can "believe" that there are extraterrestrials.
  2. You can "believe" we are a misnomer.
  3. You can take the scientific approach and logically conclude that either can be true, but there isn't enough data to conclude either as fact.

How do you know 2 + 2 = 4? You were taught this right? Can you produce evidence of anything you learned in school in a book? NO. So mathematics works only when you can be shown evidence?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I've said it 50 times on this site and it bears repeating. The universe exists because it must. It exists to support life. Why else would it exist? Life is the rule, not the exception.

Applause

I'm glad someone gets it... well almost.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I don't have a religion, I believe in the God of the Bible, but you sure are mistaken in believing faith is a denial of extraterrestrial life. The reality of it is, that there isn't any evidence to support life on other planets. Your argument is just wishful thinking. I'm just saying explore some other possibilities before reviling me about my beliefs.

Actually your thinking is wishful and you are in denial. The fact you are willing to put faith in a book that was written and rewritten time and time again of which nothing can be offered as proof is the very reasoning that shoots you down. I will not have a theology discussion, I was asked to refrain from that, but any history book of any kind is supposition that we are brainwashed into believing is the truth. Mathematically, it is impossible for us to be the only planet in this Universe that has civilization of intelligent life. I will even go so far to say I guarantee it without proof and I guarantee we are the ants of the Universe and many other civilizations are highly advanced way beyond out scope of intelligence, but hey believe what you will. you are only afraid to deny ignorance because allowing yourself to believe anything else would go against what you have been taught, without proof I might add.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I didn't revile anything I suggested your thinking was faulty.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry but seeing is believing what you ask requires proof my lady...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
Mathematically, it is impossible for us to be the only planet in this Universe that has civilization of intelligent life.
incorrect

I will even go so far to say I guarantee it without proof and I guarantee we are the ants of the Universe and many other civilizations are highly advanced way beyond out scope of intelligence, but hey believe what you will.
Proof needed im afraid, you can't guarantee what you do not know ?.
edit on 24-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Who says we are alone?

In my 36 years alive I have yet to hear 1 person who believes that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join