It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Delusional...........

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I can't believe people are watching Ancient Aliens still..
In a thousand years, are the people going to find our books, stories etc. and say that it really happened?
The ancient civilisations made up stories just like we do now. That's like saying Harry potter is real just because it's written in a book and Godzilla really did terrorize Japan.

I do believe there is life somewhere out there, however I do not think they met our ancestors. let alone visited this planet.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

how do you explain enki?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
Okay upon further review perhaps the word I will use is DENIAL. Delusional may be a bit harsh. Delusional is a disorder, which some you actually might be regardless how you feel about by thread topic...however, being in a state of denial is something that happens when are brains just won't accept the reality of something being highly probable.

So you are in a high state of denial if you do not at least allow for the possibility that other civilizations exist throughout the vastness of our Universe...If you won't allow that a probability exist, at least accept the fact a high possibility does.

From a 100% scientific perspective, your belief is as dogmatic as any religious zealot because you have no basis for knowing the probability for life evolving. You are only using your own limited experiences as a reference.

Suppose the probability is smaller than 1 in 1 quadrillion to the quadrillionth power for life evolving? How can you conclude from a scientific standpoint that it's not?

Big numbers don't make things a certainty.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

still the universe is too big not to have life in other galaxies supporting at least mold or bacteria which may form some plants

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Actually I was questioning your statements .

As for this thread , you are correct I don't see this presentation of opnion based on a picture followed by your own conclusions as best suited for the Space exploration fourm .

However I could be wrong , see I too assumed . My assumption was that this fourm was in fact a fourm for discussing Space exploration and not arguing an opnion based on a picture , my mistake .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

WE ARE NOT ALONE

If anyone can look at this picture and tell me that we are alone in the vastness of infinity...you are severely delusional.

Seriously. We live on a planet that revolves with 7 other planets and one so called dwarf planet around a single star and maybe 2 (we don't know) because we might be a binary star system.

Do the math.

It has been said that our galaxy alone has over a billion stars (1,000,000,000) and there is really no way to quantify that. Lets just stick with a billion for the hell of it.

If our star has 9 planets, that means we can assume other stars have planets too, right? Lets assume that every star out of a billion has at least 3 planets. That is 3,000,000,000 planets in our galaxy.

Then it has been suggested, also, no way to quantify, that there is well over a trillion galaxies in our Universe.
1,000,000,000,000 x 3,000,000,000 = 3.e+21 is the answer my calculator just gave me.

That is a ridiculous amount of planets and this is a conservative number. Let's try the maximum for the hell of it using our solar system as the model.

1,000,000,000,000 x 9,000,000,000 = 9.e+21.

No matter how you do it lets take 1% of either total and you get somewhere in between 1,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 planets roaming around out there.

1% of them may have life of an intelligent kind...so...that would be somewhere between 1,000,000 and 1,000,000,000.

Doesn't really matter how you do the math, there is NO WAY in any way shape or form a common sense view that can tell me or any of you that we are alone in this Universe.

I am sure I screwed up the math and some scientist will come in here and correct me...that is ok...I'm not a mathematician...I simply find it ridiculous that anyone can think we are the only form of intelligent life.

BAW33

you cant go around saying stuff like this bro, you'll stir up the sheep make them all unsettled like.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
First of all why is this thread even allowed to be posted? I made a similar thread saying all the december 21, 2012 people were delusional and needed to seek help. Apparently that was offensive and was removed and deleted. Why should this thread be any different?
edit on 25-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Well that took a little goading and a lot of effort Randy. Thanks. I pushed the right button I guess.

So it would seem. Yes ! Well done Madam.
I'm happy Tread allowed your thread to reopen. And offer an apology if I got carried away at any and/or all points. You have a nice thread and a Merry Christmas OP.

SnF.
edit on 25-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

You said it yourself, life as we know it requires water, but that does not mean life cannot exist without it. There are places on our own Earth that quantify that. All planetary life that exist does not have to require water.

Actually, here on Earth, it does.

Or at least the vast majority. Back in 2010, a microbe was found here on Earth who's basic need for life is arsenic. Of course it was found in a lake.....

That is why they are looking for places that have water in liquid form however, because it's what we know, and it's what we know how to look for.

Unless something is holding up a sign and saying "we're here", it's kind of hard to find something that you don't even know what the evidence that it leaves is if that life is based on something other than water. We've not really found anything yet.

I imagine that in the future, we just might discover life that uses a different medium other than water (I'm betting it will be another liquid though).

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ah, reasonable analysis would likely concur that based on the fact that there have been thousands upon thousands, if not millions upon millions, even billions upon billions of years that have passed thus far without even so much as an email from another intelligent life form, those who still hold out the belief that such exists are in fact the ones whose scientific conclusion could be called into question.

However, I digress.

Would it not be faith to believe in something that one cannot see? Now there's an interesting concept. I wonder how many atheists "believe" in intelligent life somewhere out there in the heavens

Truthfully, some virus, some bacteria, some type of unknown entity may exist in the heavens, however we have yet to prove that eh?

One more thought, what if this life exists but we humans have not the capacity to realize it?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Science has a concept called "Almost Certainly" or "Almost Surely". The term "Almost Certainly" or "Almost Surely" has a specific meaning in science.

When something is mathematically very close to being certain (say when someone is 99.9999% sure that intelligent life exists elsewhere) then you can say that life almost certainly existing elsewhere -- but "almost". It's about as close to being a certainty as is mathematically possible.

HOWEVER -- it is NOT a 100% certainty, because that life has never actually be found/contacted. Until that intelligent life is actually found or contacted, then there is still a chance -- no matter how astronomically low that chance is -- that we are alone. Like I said, that chance may be so slim that it almost does not exist -- but the chance STILL DOES exist; it's just extremely low.

Science CANNOT with a clear conscience say "it's 100% certain intelligent life exists elsewhere", because to be 100% sure, there would need to have hard proof of that life. To say they are 100% sure would be doing a disservice to what science is supposed to be about....

...Right now, the best that can be said is that intelligent life almost surely exists elsewhere.

edit on 12/25/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

WE ARE NOT ALONE

you cant go around saying stuff like this bro, you'll stir up the sheep make them all unsettled like.

Contact with other civilizations is a process, I'm sure once apes believed there was nothing else beyond their domain. Then they evolved and figured they were alone on a flat piece of something and there might be more beyond, unseen things like gods and spirits up in the sky which would probably be another flat piece of something.

Now we have evolved to a point where it's undeniable truth there is life out there. There are still few who would say the Hubble doesn't really exist or is an elaborate hoax probably from Satan to deceive humanity into believing ET's are really demons in disguise.

So posts like these are necessary, there are those behind and those in front who claim they have some form of contact, just like those who claimed they could communicate with gods and spirits. Regardless if they have actual contact, such cases are necessary for the idea of contact and maybe disclosure to become commonplace instead of a reason for a one way trip to a psychiatric hospital.

And even if nothing ever happens but it turns out humans find other life first it's still a good thing to imagine other civilizations, it puts the situation on this planet in an entire different framework which creates a unique perspective, a sure way to think out of the human box, which is the only box we could know ofcourse.
edit on 25/12/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
...That is why they are looking for places that have water in liquid form however, because it's what we know, and it's what we know how to look for.

Unless something is holding up a sign and saying "we're here", it's kind of hard to find something that you don't even know what the evidence that it leaves is if that life is based on something other than water....

Exactly.
We search for "life as we know it" because that is the kind of life we are most likely to be able to find.

Life processes are not that easy to recognize -- even when that life is "life as we know it" here on Earth. Life is being found in new places on Earth, bt not because we haven't looked in those places before, but because we only recently were even able to detect that life. And, again -- that is life as we know it.

Think about trying to recognize the tell-tale signs of a microbe that is "life as we DON'T know it". I mean, we may be studying a rock that contains life as we don't know it and never even notice the life exists.

So -- yeah -- we look for life as we know it (water-using, carbon based) because it is easier to find. However, that doesn't mean that science thinks it is impossible for there to be a non-water-using, non-carbon-based life form out there somewhere. They are certainly studying the possibilities of different kinds of life. It's just that if you don't know what you are looking for, you may not see it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Ah, let me give you a better perspective. What you are looking at in the photo, are NOT stars. They are GALAXIES, and each Galaxy contains a Billion stars, of which each has planets, the number of which I do not know.

Better Now ? Now you're thinking.

B'Shalom

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You Are Delusional...........,

Yes I know this as I have been told several times

All jokes aside, I share the same sentiment as you do on this OP. Ever since I was a child I would look up at the sky and think of all the stars and how at least ONE of them had to have a planet that could contain intelligent life. I find it completely ignorant for humans to assume that we are the only intelligent life in the universe, if you can even consider humans intelligent which could be debated because we do some rather stupid things.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Well you certainly spent time telling me off. It doesn't blow air up my skirt. I will say again you are in denial. I changed my reference from delusional to denial. I suspect that you have been taught many things that you believe without proof.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
First of all why is this thread even allowed to be posted? I made a similar thread saying all the december 21, 2012 people were delusional and needed to seek help. Apparently that was offensive and was removed and deleted. Why should this thread be any different?
edit on 25-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Okay, delusional was harsh I changed it to denial, that being said sounds like sour grapes to me. I am sure the moderators know how to do their job, perhaps there was some wording in your thread that they felt was offensive. You are off topic though so you most likely will be removed from my thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Princess, she isn't saying it's impossible but probable.Look one cannot stake their life and say for
definite that there is life as we just haven't found it yet and us skeptics as you call us are not in
denial far from it..

Does that make sense love..
edit on 25-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Actually I was questioning your statements .

As for this thread , you are correct I don't see this presentation of opnion based on a picture followed by your own conclusions as best suited for the Space exploration fourm .

However I could be wrong , see I too assumed . My assumption was that this fourm was in fact a fourm for discussing Space exploration and not arguing an opnion based on a picture , my mistake .

Well I see nothing from you other than saying my thread is in the wrong place.

So far none of your rhetoric belongs here...the Universe is being explored...how far have we gotten as humans? Barely to the Moon. There is a galaxy right next to us that has planets in it. We need proof? Since when do we need proof to believe? They have been teaching us religion and telling us stories about people that never existed, but are accepted as fact without proof. I will say again denial is not just a river in Egypt.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Princess, she isn't saying it's impossible but probable.Look one cannot stake thier life and say for
definate that there is life as we just haven't found it yet and us skeptics as you call us are not in
denial far from it..

Does that make sense love

Actually, love, it does not make sense. It is denial to believe otherwise. Being a skeptic is fine, Do you believe anything you have been taught as fact without proof? If so then you can add hypocrite to the list. Of which anyone that has replied so far would be if they do not at least allow for the high probability that we are not alone...as humans we are force fed a preponderance of history without one shred of proof. I will say one more time clearer...WE ARE NOT ALONE...and I DO NOT REQUIRE PROOF. If you have any belief that math is real then you cannot deny ignorance.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join