It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Ive worked in this school (fiber internet providor) and have strong ties to the town as my company has on office I frequent (about 150 employees) not far from the school. Im pretty depressed as a dad and will be self medicating with beer and chocolate.

Once I get my head clear I will begin s discussion with my local town about raising taxes (100$/year per family) and getting a armed guard at each school. A cheaper way would be to mimic Israel and have teachers who carry..but the schools here are way to liberal and I cringe at the though of my old teachers even trying to pick one up and hold it the right way. But anyone can learn with the right motovation.

I wish guns can could be wiped off the face of the earth and we could all live in peace (and im a gun owner) but its not going to happen.

I believe if guns are OK in banks, court houses, government buildings, then teachers or some authorized person should have one as well.

We should protect our kids better than our god damn banks, money and politicans for crying out loud.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Annual Big Ten Killers In The USA:

#1 - Tobacco Use: 529,000

#2 - Medical Errors: 195,000

#3 - Unintentional Injuries: 118,000

#4 - Alcohol Abuse: 107,400

#5 - Motor Vehicle Accidents: 34,500

#6 - Unintentional Poisoning: 32,000

#7 - Drug Abuse: 25,500

#8 - Unintentional Falls: 25,500

#9 - NON Firearm Homicides: 16,800

#10 - Firearm Homicides: 11,500

To all the banning crowd - better start contacting your representative, got a LOT of banning to do.

(and how is that war on drugs going, how well did prohibition on booze work out?)
edit on 14-12-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

The United States has 9 gun related deaths per 100,000 people every year. In the UK, where guns are outlawed unless you have a special permit, it is .22 deaths per 100,000 people every year. Dont tell me gun laws dont make a difference. The number of gun related deaths are upwards of 30,000 a year in the U.S

I wasnt going to get sucked into this, but I'll post this and leave it at that. Im not for outright gun bans. But I will never understand why people need assault weapons and semi auto weapons.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Originally posted by randyvs
From Kennedy in 63 to this latest incident it's always a nutty gunman. A crazed gunman. Sorry but it is never that simple. Tho someone seems to be making it a common occurrence.

Not to make jokes but thats like the FED. If it aint broke dont fix it, if it is broke but people are to stupid to notice then again, dont fix it. Then they seal the records so everyone accountable is dead already. In 29 years though we can find out once and for all if Lee Harvey Oswald was a lone gunmen.

While touching on this, all of you who are saying "Wait until we get the official story".

What official story? We REALLY don't know anymore about what happened with John Holmes now than we did after the day that theatre got shot up. Not alot.. they have not let us in on alot of those details. If you think this will play out ANY DIFFERENTLY.. by all means stay glued to the tv, but I'm pretty sure most of the "main facts" are in at this point. Anything left is grissly details and if thats what you want to spend your free time researching.. well, were not much different from the Romans. You can call it concern but I call it being vicarious.

link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
You can't get rid of people losing their minds, you can't get rid of guns (nor should we try),

But we can certainly make it more difficult for mentally ill people to buy semi-automatic weapons and large supplies of ammo.

link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Interesting how each victim but one was killed. What's the likelihood of that? Somebody was an excellent marksman OR this thing went on for quite some time with no intervention from anyone in the school.

The whole thing doesn't add up. Too much disinformation.

Indeed, even for a person who shoots regularly it just baffles me that each victim was killed. I'm really having trouble with that fact.

Something here just ain't right.

edit on 14-12-2012 by smokenmirrors because: (no reason given)

Well if the reports are correct and 27 are dead with over 100 rounds being fired then I would say he wasn't a good shooter at all. Anyone can herd people into a room and start shooting.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Remember: Mods said no gun control stuff on this thread, I counted like 6 or 7 threads here for that

link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I am an American. I love my Country.

I am proud of some of the accomplishments that have come from my country.
I am disgusted by some of the accomplishments that have come from my country.

I am proud of some of the accomplishments that my government has done for my country.
I am disgusted by some of the accomplishments that my government has done for my country.

I am proud of some of the things my country mates have done for it.
I am disgusted by some of the things my country mates have done for it.

I am proud of some of the ideas that come from my country
I am disgusted by some of the ideas that come from my country.

Some is not all, yet you group all as some. This is ignorance to its highest standard. I am not my neighbor anymore than you are yours. We are people of Earth. With your logic to hate one is to hate all and therefore your hate is for mankind yet you single out a single country with the thought that we are all the same.

I have lived all over this planet and I can say all people in all nations are the same in that there are always a difference of opinion. You act as if the people in your country have not committed violence, I guarantee there have been many. I don't need to know where you are from to say this with certainty.

Your anger toward a whole country or its government rather than the individuals just goes to show your ignorance in the real world and the tendency of yourself possibly becoming violent for your beliefs which makes you no better than what you profess to be against.

link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

It's already like that......... These were mom's guns, not his. He could have just as easily gotten one from a king or angel in danbury if he went to the right bar.

link   
Just because this is a conspiracy site doesnt mean everything in the world is a conspiracy. I know it gives order out of the chaos in the world's events. I get that. I have my own thoughts on lots of conspiracies. Im not convinced about 9/11. I never was convinced about the moon landing ( and I laugh at myself for that one). I certainly believe that Kennedy was killed by a conspiracy involving the CIA.

But that doesnt give us here at ATS the authority to make everything a conspiracy. There is not one morsel of evidence to suggest that. Until you show crime scene photos that show no blood. Or you interview the families of those victims and they tell you it never happened, you are just purporting nonsense.

And someone asked me to get off my high horse and stop telling people what they can and cant post here. I'm not saying they cant post it here. Im asking for some semblance of decency. Don't go the route of Alex Jones where someone flicking their cigarette is a conspiracy. Others are watching us on this thread. And we do a disservice to the ATS community when we just throw out the word conspiracy to everything. It amounts to the boy crying wolf. The less we are wrong, the more people will notice when we are right.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hey, first of i would like to send my condolences to all of america two shootings in one wk is terrible, especially a primary school that's disgusting!
Now i have been a long time reader and was just wondering if maybe this man has been influenced by the possibility of 21/12/12. I'm not saying he has an excuse He was obviously mentally imbalanced, but in his mind maybe he believed he was saving the children from the horrors that will come.
Another reason i was thinking of is that the Spiritual Change we are meant to go through on 21/12/12, well maybe it is sending some people into a crazed state of mind, they cant handle it, or it is effecting people in a different way.
I may not have worded what i wanted to get across properly but im sure you get the jist.
And the reason i'm writing this is because its conspiracy site and i know that there is no humane reason why anyone would want to do this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by NinjaKitteh
There are seriously people on here going on about it being staged???

These people lost their children. SMALL children. KILLED. And you are going on about it being staged?

Good Lord people, have a little bit of respect for those who lost their lives and a little bit of a heart.

I've never been so disgusted in my life at what I'm seeing posted here

yup, i had to leave for a while, i got so pissed. and now i see they are on obama for fake crying
he has school age daughters for christ sakes...and....it's a plot by obama to do away with guns....geez....some people here need real psychiatric help, they have gone over the deep edge.
edit on 14-12-2012 by jimmyx because: addition

No really some people need to get a clue, of course this COULD have been another 'staged' event real or otherwise, not saying it was or wasn't, I wasn't there were you, remember we heard at first the same nonsense that those who questioned 9-11, were 'dishonoring the families' what crap. MILLIONS of people now question and know what a bs event that was, we are living in an age of stagecraft, it is going to become harder and harder to tell the 'natural' from the 'engineered'.

link   
Dear gawd...

I just logged on and saw this. I can't believe another mass shooting has happened again.

All those babies... all those precious lives lost.

My heart goes out to my neighbours south of the border, I can't even fathom what these families must be going through right now. But I extent my hand and share your grief.

Choking back the tears.
I can't type anymore.

This is too sick for words.

link   
reply to post by mrraptor

I disagree. I can personally think of at least five other ways right now that could have been used to cause the same amount of death and cause even greater levels of fear. While we can never stop crazy people from doing crazy things, we can address the problems instead of reacting to the aftermath. Removing guns may make us feel better...for a while...but will do nothing to fix the problem(s). You can prevent more death by banning cars than guns. And cars are considered a "luxury" while guns/self-protection are a right.

But again...at this moment, it really doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
From Kennedy in 63 to this latest incident it's always a nutty gunman. A crazed gunman. Sorry but it is never that simple. Tho someone seems to be making it a common occurrence.
edit on 14-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Why can't it ever be that simple? Why does it have to be a grand conspiracy? Is it really that hard to believe that there are really people out there who lack empathy or mental stability.I know for a normal person, you don't want to believe that something like this could happen, that someone could actually be capable of committing an act like this, but there are psychopaths, pedophiles, serial killers out there who do sick, twisted things to children and then murder them. Some people murder many slowly and covertly over many years because they wish to remain free, they wish to continue to live, or they just want to see how long they can get away with it for. Others decide that they are going to end their life and they are going to take a bunch of people with them. It's always more shocking when someone blows away nearly 30 innocent people in the span of 20 minutes, but in the end it's no different than the "weird but friendly neighbor nextdoor" who has a basement of horrors where he has tortured and murdered many victims over the last decade. People just have different methods to their madness.

Also, there has been a lot of blatant trolling over the past few pages in this thread. I urge posters and readers here to wise up and ignore it instead of engaging it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

And how many of these deaths do you think are committed by registered gun owners? I would say a very very minute percentage if any. Criminals do not care about gun laws. Do you think this nut job used guns that were registered to him? The idiot in Oregon they confirmed used a stolen assault rifle.

link   
Absolutely shocked by this tragedy, especially as it's one week before Xmas. Thinking about everyone over the pond affected by this awful awful disaster.

link   
Our thoughts, love support, and prayers go out to the victims and those affected by this tragedy. I am truly heart broken by this. It hurts so badly- I can only imagine their loved ones. God bless everyone.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradism

Still haven't seen a drop of blood.

You actually think they should release images of massacred elementary school children?

Originally posted by paradism
I love how the President cries yet I've watched local/national footage for 7 hours and not one eyewitness has had an emotional response.

I don't know what the hell you're watching but on CNN there have been a number of witnesses interviewed who were very emotional including children and first responders.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have been following this site for some time and have never been compelled to make an account. I enjoy reading the alternative views people present. I feel it gives me insight. However,

Today, I felt compelled to comment. I am a lifelong Connecticut citizen. The town is real. The people are real. People in my life are affected my this tragedy. The scary part to me? Is that I do believe there is a lot more than we know going on here and we'll never know. Just like we didn't know with Colorado theater shooting.

But here are the facts. The shooter was 20. He grew up in that town. He shot his mom in the face. He went and killed 20 innocent, beautiful children, teachers, a principle and a guidance counselor.

I would never deny these are the facts, and I'm deeply offended by those who do. But we will NEVER know motive. This could have very well happened in any town in CT or, for that matter, New England. The assumed shooter may not have been acting "in control of himself"

But the bottom line is - the town is a victim. The whole town. Because they aren't "in on it." They lost 20 children. Gone. I live in CT. This will be covered for weeks. And this is not a "fake place." So much is going to come out about the victims, all who have roots in this state. I'm not "in on it", but I know people directly affected.

Now, does part of me believe it is a false flag event? Ya. But it didn't NOT happen. Please. That is just ridiculous.

And honestly, while I'm at it. The entire tragedy is being politicized SO fast. GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN LAWS GUN VIOLENCE. Too soon. Real people lost their REAL children. This didn't even happen 12 hours ago.

A kid in the back ground of a camera making faces means we have a hoax? When I was 6, my grandmother died. It was hard to comprehend, and when I told people, I would smile and laugh - even though I was devastated. THESE ARE CHILDREN. There is a reason young kids don't make good witnesses in a trial.

I guess that is all I have to say about that. G

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by bknapple32

And how many of these deaths do you think are committed by registered gun owners? I would say a very very minute percentage if any. Criminals do not care about gun laws. Do you think this nut job used guns that were registered to him? The idiot in Oregon they confirmed used a stolen assault rifle.

He wouldnt have been able to buy these guns legally. He got them from his mom. another statistic of a gun owned in the home killing more than it defends

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join