It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
There are is a very important similarity between all of these types of attacks and its not that there is a loony gunman. It's that the pick targets where the expect people to be defenseless. You can't get rid of people losing their minds, you can't get rid of guns (nor should we try), but you can make these places safer.

We can't predict WHEN these people will lose it, but we can easily predict where. What would be easier making malls, schools, and movie theatres safer or removing guns and stealing peoples rights?

Bingo.

You can literally walk into most malls in major cities carrying weapons and you'd have a plethora of targets. Sitting ducks.

link   
now im being censored for no reason.

Ban guns - INCREASE government policing and take away privacy rights of US citizens at home.

ID tag all US citizens

Fingerprint and DNA all US citizens and ban them from leaving their country.

TAKE guns from the US citizens as they can ONLY use them for cowardly purposes.

link   
From Kennedy in 63 to this latest incident it's always a nutty gunman. A crazed gunman. Sorry but it is never that simple. Tho someone seems to be making it a common occurrence.
edit on 14-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

I'm guessing gun laws are more strict then. Overall, we are socially liberal but we vote more conservative than europe and asia.

Bad parenting is also a factor. Notice kids were not spineless emos that piss their pants when parents used to punish them and beat the # out of them in the earlier part of the 20th century? Kids owned up. These days, they are a bunch of pussies. Large part of that is the fault of liberal thinking. Again, in large part I vote Democrat/Liberal but there is a lot I do not agree with them on.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

You really have no idea what you're talking about ... no idea. I'll just say that people don't become mass murderers, especially of children, because they weren't abused enough by their parents as children or because of political ideology. Someone has some issues needing processing.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by waltdisney
I'm sorry but ive read through pages and pages of this thread, and cant believe how many members of this site are falling for this hoax. Go look at pictures of the school, completely isolated surrounded by trees. Look at the kids being led out of the school by FBI, happy and smiling. Look at the 3rd grader who got interviewed by CNN. Completely calm, smiling and even laughs at the end. 27 PEOPLE JUST GOT MASSACRED. Where is the blood?

Columbine 2012, Obama even tears up just like Clinton did.

FAKE

You should be banned. Insensitive ignorant blabber.....

This is a conspiracy forum bud

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

While I do agree that the United States has plenty of problems, mass killings are not exclusive to that part of the world and I do not feel like this is the thread to go on debating about that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yeah. 20 kids and half a dozen adults 'minor'. As is obligatory in a country full of hee-haws armed to the hilt with military ordnance.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Please don't come in acting foolish and throwing insults around (not to mention being a bbit cliche). We are allowed to consider all possibilities no matter how far fetched. And the only thing disgusting about this thread is your disagreement with our ownership of that right.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The fact is, most of us in the U.S. can go buy a gun anytime we want, and shoot someone. 99.90% of us do not.

link   
There are seriously people on here going on about it being staged???

These people lost their children. SMALL children. KILLED. And you are going on about it being staged?

Good Lord people, have a little bit of respect for those who lost their lives and a little bit of a heart.

I've never been so disgusted in my life at what I'm seeing posted here

link   

I'm guessing gun laws are more strict then. Overall, we are socially liberal but we vote more conservative than europe and asia.

Bad parenting is also a factor. Notice kids were not spineless emos that piss their pants when parents used to punish them and beat the # out of them in the earlier part of the 20th century? Kids owned up. These days, they are a bunch of pussies. Large part of that is the fault of liberal thinking. Again, in large part I vote Democrat/Liberal but there is a lot I do not agree with them on.

Listen friend, you said it yourself. Gun laws are more strcit, thats the whole point. We have emos here in Europe, but they dont end up shooting innocent people. You cant find more liberal continent than Europe, and still the mass shootings are really rare conpared to the USA.

link   
Why don't these a-holes in the media release the names of a few more "suspects" who had nothing to do with it? It's unfu**ingbelievable how these guys get away with ruining innocent people's lives without any repercussions.

You know what I just heard? I heard Brian Ross of ABC News is a pedophile. Now, I don't know if it's really THAT Brian Ross, but I thought I'd just throw it out there, even though I have no proof.

These people are disgusting!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

You are speaking nonsense right out of your butt. Most American citizens are good hard working people just trying to survive and enjoy what bit of life they can. I assure you that we are not the sum of our politicians or our criminals (synonyms). We have idiots that snap and do crazy things. I would point out that the shooting and killing on a mass scale happen every single day all over our planet. Things are tough all over.

link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Then you have issues.

Just because the media speculated, did not make ANY of the rumors fact. As the day went on, facts came to light. And honestly, it all makes sense. The guy went into a classroom, blocking the only exit, and went to town with a semi automatic rifle. How hard is it to believe he executed 20 kids? Not very.

People that see a conspiracy in EVERYTHING are just as unstable as our buddy the shooter

Yeah I have at least one issue. I know the MSM reports what TPTB tell them to. This will be all the MSM talks about for at least a week. Do you get that? This is how it works, they keep the US public busy focusing on events like these while larger atrocities take place on a broader scale. When it comes to false-flag op's TIMING IS EVERTHING. If the US gets militarily involved in Syria this week the MSM will not cover it. We will be to busy wondering "why" some mysterious, mentally ill dead kid did something SO evil while truly evil ALIVE people will be carrying out plans that will result in much higher death counts elsewhere.

Can someone please move this very important post to Page 1.

Second line.

link   
reply to post by Hadrian

The facts support my statement. This guy was just a spoiled twât that could not deal with life. ADHD or autism or whatever you want to blame it on...those are excuses.

Are you a conspiracy nut who thinks Obama pulled this guy's strings while sipping hot cocoa in Pennsylvania Avenue? If so, you are part of the problem....always blaming someone else.

link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
now im being censored for no reason.

Ban guns - INCREASE government policing and take away privacy rights of US citizens at home.

ID tag all US citizens

Fingerprint and DNA all US citizens and ban them from leaving their country.

TAKE guns from the US citizens as they can ONLY use them for cowardly purposes.

Methinks you're the sort that should be banned from owning a weapon.....violent tendencies, mentally unstable with distorted thought process.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the relative ease of access to firearms has definitely made this event worse than it would have been, had guns been harder to come by. In this case, I believe that this person acted out of revenge, whether real or imaginary towards his parents, and possibly his brother (i.e. having his brothers I.D. on him). The children were probably a target as well for whatever reasons I cannot even begin to comprehend.

The fact that this person had easy access to weapons most likely fed his vision of actually going through with it. Sure, he may have used a knife, a machete or a pitchfork, but the fact remains; he probably wanted to kill as many people as possible and by only having access to "regular" weapons, his vision of the act would probably be less intriguing, maybe leading him not to go through with it, or at the very least, not be able to kill and injure as many people.

As of 2012, mass killings such as this one is usually the result of mental instability and from what it seems many shootings follow the same pattern. Religious and/or political conviction may be the result of some, but in my opinion the difference between it and insanity doesn't exist.

Acts like these cannot be fully prevented, since we simply cannot fully comprehend what separates the truly evil insane, from "normal" insanity. We can however limit the means of committing them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by waltdisney

Originally posted by bknapple32
Get a clue

There are multiple clues.

1. Obama fake crying
2. Children laughing in parking lot
3. No blood, anywhere or on anyone
4. Very, very small town
5. Completely isolated school
6. Directly after Oregon Mall shooting
7. Hurricane Sandy/Sandy Hook Elementary
8. Explosive twitter reaction from Gov/Media outlets
9. Members of US Gov. attended the Sandy Hook concert yesterday,
even going out of their way to TWEET it to the world. Coincidentally,
27 people would get killed there the next day.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Many conspiracy theorists are afraid to face the truth of an unpredictable world filled with random dangers and console themselves with the belief that all can be explained by a totally controlled and predictable conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Erm, have you ever met someone with autism? It's not even comparable to ADHD........ That is like putting a crack fiend in the same catagory as someone that likes coco puffs.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Absolutely ridiculous.

Many conspiracy theorists are afraid to face the truth of an unpredictable world filled with random dangers and console themselves with the belief that all can be explained by a totally controlled and predictable conspiracy.

Precisely why they are mocked and not taken seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join