It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
We shouldn't be covering this for a week but it will be in the news for exactly that. This is what the shooter wanted, he wanted to get as much recognition and attention before he died as he can. This only reinforces a future gunmans idea that they will get this much coverage to pursue such an act.

Good video to watch on detailing just that.

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I know man, it just sucks this is the way I think.

I knew something was up in Aurora, and I have the same feeling about this one.

Hopefully I'm wrong about it all

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

That's conflicting as well..... Newest reports said father is alive and talking to feds, and mom is dead at the house.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Can someone fill me in on how questioning the motive and/or reasons to these tragedies is disrespectful to victim's families? Maybe I'm from mars or something because I don't see what this has to do with anything. From 9/11 to the Colorado shooter to today and everything in between. I am soooo fuxing tired of hearing this complaint used over and over when it's nothing more than an emotional outburst using a cookie cutter cliche to validate one's emotional distress.

Things have changed.The line between connecting with a real human being versus a virtual one have been blurred,especially in our younger generation.
You can chat all you want to with someone online,much like here,and hide behind an avatar and made up name.
What would you actually do if you were to meet someone face to face ?

It will take some time for all of this to sort out,so it's probably best to ignore MSM reports for awhile till things calm down.

These were innocent little kids .
They're lives were taken by evil today.
Any tool used by people are just that,a tool be it a gun or a knife or a frying pan.
It's up to the individual on how that tool is used.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Despite warnings from an administrator...

Pages upon pages about a tragedy and how long has it been since anyone even stopped to think about the poor kids, their families, and all those who are deeply and truly affected by this event - on a personal level?

Even in combat soldiers stop long enough to retrieve and bury their dead.

This is simply pathetic.

I tried, but was ridiculed for it. Its a shame.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
I promise you won't take my guns over this. Alive any way. Twenty six people died. That sucks. If one of the teachers was a carrier and could have it on him, could have been a different story.
edit on 14-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Great, lets give the rest of the surviving kids some guns, guns for everyone !

The rest of the world is sad on your behalf USA, gun slinging maniacs.. more guns is not the solution, no guns is
Teachers with guns you say.. that´s only a good idea until the next kid takes the gun, IT will happen.. and the more guns the bigger the chance.. how much blood shall fill the schools of US before Americans wake up and evolve

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Taking my guns is a lot more Important, a tyrannical government affecting 300 million people is a lot more than 26 people. I'm sorry to say that, but I don't care if it was 300 people in terms of taking my gun. There is 300 million people in this country, crime is going to seem a lot. Oh, and guns save a lot more lives than they take.

link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by NinjaKitteh
There are seriously people on here going on about it being staged???

These people lost their children. SMALL children. KILLED. And you are going on about it being staged?

Good Lord people, have a little bit of respect for those who lost their lives and a little bit of a heart.

I've never been so disgusted in my life at what I'm seeing posted here

Can someone fill me in on how questioning the motive and/or reasons to these tragedies is disrespectful to victim's families? Maybe I'm from mars or something because I don't see what this has to do with anything. From 9/11 to the Colorado shooter to today and everything in between. I am soooo fuxing tired of hearing this complaint used over and over when it's nothing more than an emotional outburst using a cookie cutter cliche to validate one's emotional distress.

I'm not trying to be an asshole and I will redirect my thinking if someone can give me a serious unbiased answer. The point is, for some reason, some how, something messed up has happened. Be it society has gone down the sink, be it CIA rats trying to force tighter gun control, be it inept mental health systems passing the buck, be it the god damn devil himself. It makes no freaking difference. It's not disrespectful to anyone when trying to examine the flaws of our way or trying to determine if something more sinister is at play.

Is it because it's too soon to come up with controversial ideas? Is there some kind of time buffer for these sorts of things before we can talk about? Something is dekcuf up, so what is it? But noooo don't say anything other than what we are told because you'll offend someone. Why?

We definitely have some mentally unstable chaps on ATS -- some are losing their minds over this.

I wouldn't think any of the victims are currently on ATS picking through each and every comment, and there have been numerous posters sending prayers out.

But I'm probably a bad person too since I stated such.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Its a better debate than having to convince someone that this wasnt a faked attack.

I agree that right now this moment there is nothing solid to say this was false-flag - I can also say theres not enough to totally discount it out of hand either.

I have found that members using what is little more than speculation on a particular subject have spurred others on ATS to research and find actual data supporting or debunking certain paths of study on a whole range of subjects.

I think its far to early to take either position on whats happened.

I do think it is fair to warn of the political conspiracy that will be result of this horrific event planned or not.

My heart hurts for all the children and adults who've been lost today and I cannot even imagine how the parents feel - I have twin 7 year olds and something like this is beyond me.

Answers do need to be had, just not today.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLLights

Originally posted by Tecumte

Originally posted by LLLights

Hey G, thanks for posting that, I'm about a 1000+ miles from ya, I wasn't there, so obviously I have to get the story from a distance, like most events you have to understand nowdays people have to determine IF something even actually HAPPENED first before they can decide 'how' it might have happened. That may seem rather sceptical but as I've said, so much smoke and mirrors and stagecraft nowdays, it's getting harder and harder to tell the 'natural' from the 'synthetic', people have been predicting these senseless shootings would increase to be used for political fodder and it DOES seem right on cue. It makes one wonder.

Yes, it does make someone wonder.... I wonder - and it was in my backyard! That is a scary feeling. Colorado is far from me. There was so much uncertainty and so many questions, on this site alone about the Batman movie shooting. If there is a conspiracy behind this - it means there is nothing but evil, greed and the struggle for power controlling the world. That is a hard pill to swallow. This area has been hit HARD over the past 24 months - an area that usually stays pretty quiet.

If one thing the internet has done, I would say is, it has allowed people and events and minds to be linked up like never before, instead of seeing 'conspiracies' at every corner, we can plainly see rather a very ugly and possibly 'Satanic' 'business model' grid and maybe, an extreme form of 'social Darwinism' where the meanest nastiest most power hungry use their money and influence to buy subordinates who help them with 'directed history' and setting up the stages for the required 'presentations'. The Agenda justifies the means. Order out of Chaos. It's all about becoming a 'god'. I mean after you have accumulated trillions what do ya do for fun?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
- "You catch wild pigs by finding a suitable place in the woods and putting corn on the ground.
The pigs find it and begin to come everyday to eat the free corn.
When they are used to coming every day, you put a fence down one side of the place where they are used to coming.
When they get used to the fence, they begin to eat the corn again and you put up another side of the fence.
They get used to that and start to eat again.
You continue until you have all four sides of the fence up with a gate in the last side. - files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Bill O Reilly is about to interview a 3rd grader survivor from the attack.

link   
reply to post by bknapple32

What a disgusting vulture he is......
And what kind of parent would allow such a thing? Disgusting indeed........
edit on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:19:01 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   

Taking my guns is a lot more Important,

Honestly, I don't think that those who are currently in mourning over this tragedy give the first damn about you or your guns.

Are people really naive enough to think that Congress could whip up a magical bill, get it through both the Senate and the House, and signed into law in the time it will take for this thread to find it's natural end?

Piggybacking an agenda on the bodies of dead children is beyond reprehensible - on both sides of the issue. Anyone using this as an excuse to bolster their political agenda is, IMO, shameless and a definitive symptom of the problems we face as a society.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Taking my guns is a lot more Important,

Honestly, I don't think that those who are currently in mourning over this tragedy give the first damn about you or your guns.

Are people really naive enough to think that Congress could whip up a magical bill, get it through both the Senate and the House, and signed into law in the time it will take for this thread to find it's natural end?

Piggybacking an agenda on the bodies of dead children is beyond reprehensible - on both sides of the issue. Anyone using this as an excuse to bolster their political agenda is, IMO, shameless and a definitive symptom of the problems we face as a society.

~Heff

Well said, on that, what do you think about O Reilly interviewing a 3rd grade survivor in about 10 minutes?

I think its pretty shameful. Unless somehow this 3rd grader said he or she wanted to get the story out.. at 8 years old. I dont think so.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
America this is just getting stupid and a line needs to be drawn somwhere, either theres a real problem with the people of America or the gun laws are too loose. Something needs to give, this is just madness now. .

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Oh my god, this interview by o reilly is heartbreaking. Doesnt this add to the trauma, marching an 8 year old on tv to relive this tragedy??

I hope shes too young to realize what is going on right now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yes, I thought most had related their feeling of grief over this incident, with these children and adults involved..

Now it seem is the misplaced blame on the guns and not the people doing these terrible crimes against the innocent

How many time can you say something is terrible and must stop, but don't blame guns.

ATS China School Knife Attack - Over 20 injured, including children,

link   
reply to post by Spacespider

And when you take guns away, hicks and criminals will still buy them illegally. My step father would probably run a few cops down before he gives up his rifle. What does he do with his rifle? He kills squirrels. #ing squirrels. It's not the guns, it's the people holding the guns. There will be just as many criminals with guns when you make guns illegal. They're criminals. What do you think they would do? "I think I'll go kill 20 children today! Oh wait, guns are illegal. Boo hoo." No, they would find a way to obtain their weapons, legal(ly) or not.

link   

The families can mourn. I would have killed the shooter myself. However, I have an outside perspective. Let their community and families mourn. I have to worry about my weapons because of this idiot and instead of sympathizing with the family i have to worry about my rights being attacked.

So, don't make me look the bad guy here.
edit on 14-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join