It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Use Up 1.44 million in Just One Month

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

a MAJORITY of those i know do (+families) + pensions for those who aren't.
either way, it's ALL tax dollars.

if we're gonna cut anything, why not pensions first ??
apparently, they didn't plan well enough when the cash was flowing, did they ?

no, much like the retirements that have been pilfered, plundered and flat out disappeared under the "advisement" of the government.

VA disability ? nah, that's more like Obamacare.
(acutally better in many respects but that's another topic)

good for you, how's the view from that pedestal ???
enjoying looking Down on everyone else ??

i don't have to want it, it comes naturally.
most of my neighbors get govt assistance of one kind or another, what are YOU talking about ?

don't know and you're not sharing so i guess it's irrelevant, isn't it?

you brought up the VA, we're discussing government assistance known as food stamps ... do you know of ANYONE who receives VA disability and NOT food stamps ?? i don't.
well, you might ... you're younger.

but, but ... you said ALL ASPECTS must be cut ... why not the VA or the MIC or any government pensions ?? i thought "all aspects" meant all aspects

you're the only one debating the FACT that military members and their families receive food stamps.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Did I just read that right?

You did not say that they knew what they were getting into? Among other things I responded to, respond to my points based on what you think.

I thought this would be simple... I responded to one of your posts with that. If you want to see what you said, click the link. I do not play quote games and I am not politicking. Either we will engage in a fruitful discussion for both of us or not. Your choice.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by PvtHudson

Because it is the caring and compassionate thing to do.
You know, hook more people on the Govt Sugar Daddy.

Its funny that you don't see yourselves as the government.
it's actully much worse than funny, it's downright sad.
in their mind, they are nothing more than property and rights are government granted.

you know, the right to survive via a food source.
perhaps they are hoping the grocers will be swarmed with hungry masses that arrive with no value for trade ??

this is what they're being trained for these days ... civil uprising.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ah, got lost in the mix. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Does this make you feel better than others?

No, as I feel good about myself regardless.

I commend your service, and I have family who have killed and been shot for this country so I have a right to talk about this.

Don't think that just because you have had family members KIA, that gives you the right to speak about it.
You can speak about it regardless.
Whether it is intelligently is the issue.

They specifically did not return with this attitude,

What, the attitude that people need to be personally responsible for their lives and actions???
I call BS, as any and all family members and friends, ranging from WWII to the current have the attitude of the above.

but I did notice that the attitude is propagated within the military.

You are taught to be accountable for your actions and to be responsible. Not to look for Govt to take care of you.

Would you care to comment more on this?

See above

When I go to the dollar store they ask if I would like to donate to poor military families. Sounds to me like they need to refuse to serve until they get a pay raise but w/e.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way, nor does the Military Member think like that. They would rather work a side job then that.

This is coming from someone who was med'd out of 11D OSUT (and rightfully so) and is now on food stamps.

Ok, and that means what?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Ah, another one of these. Please quote my post in context, or just provide a link. You did not respond to everything I brought up. In the *context* of this thread, that last statement was very important to give you perspective.

I take it you are not interested in having a beneficial discussion?

Are you saying all military members feel the way the military wants them to? Not everyone called their drill sergeants a father figure.

If you are just going to respond to specific, out of context, sentences of mine in the end I will look bad this is true. I do not see how that is relevant or beneficial to anyone. Please respond to ALL of the points I brought up, and in context.

My family has served in every war since WWII btw. No KIA's either, just purple hearts. He killed the guy that shot him, and happened to save one of my Drill Sergeants lives if detailed accuracy is important to you.
edit on 11-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

a MAJORITY of those i know do (+families) + pensions for those who aren't.
either way, it's ALL tax dollars.

Ok then.

if we're gonna cut anything, why not pensions first ??
apparently, they didn't plan well enough when the cash was flowing, did they ?

All items need to be cut.

no, much like the retirements that have been pilfered, plundered and flat out disappeared under the "advisement" of the government.

Yeah, sure. That is the reason why the Govt needs no more power.

VA disability ? nah, that's more like Obamacare.
(acutally better in many respects but that's another topic)

Not really, as 0bamacare is not really health insurance.

good for you, how's the view from that pedestal ???
enjoying looking Down on everyone else ??

And that is concluded how?

i don't have to want it, it comes naturally.
most of my neighbors get govt assistance of one kind or another, what are YOU talking about ?

Unless you include what you are referencing, I have no clue as to what you are talking about.

don't know and you're not sharing so i guess it's irrelevant, isn't it?

Please include reference.

you brought up the VA, we're discussing government assistance known as food stamps ... do you know of ANYONE who receives VA disability and NOT food stamps ?? i don't.
well, you might ... you're younger.

Yes, plenty of Vets.
Lots that are retired, disabled and just plain vets not on Welfare.

but, but ... you said ALL ASPECTS must be cut ... why not the VA or the MIC or any government pensions ?? i thought "all aspects" meant all aspects

you're the only one debating the FACT that military members and their families receive food stamps.

I stated ALL didn't I. Or are you just glossing over that?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Get off your high horse and just answer the question.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

yes, i said that, to which you responded ...

I've lived on much less than $700 for food a month, much less. It is not fun, but it is quite doable.
since the difference between living on $700 per month and spending $700 for food a month, has to be pointed out to you, then clearly, you've NEVER done it

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You really going to get all high and mighty, or are you just going to answer the request to reference something.

Ah, another one of these. Please quote my post in context, or just provide a link. You did not respond to everything I brought up. In the *context* of this thread, that last statement was very important to give you
perspective.

All that was within the response, was within your statement. I excluded nothing.

I take it you are not interested in having a beneficial discussion?

Nope, as I am not actually typing this response, It is just a figment of your imagination.

Are you saying all military members feel the way the military wants them to? Not everyone called their drill sergeants a father figure.

What are you talking about. Please explain. This makes no sense.

If you are just going to respond to specific, out of context, sentences of mine in the end I will look bad this is true. I do not see how that is relevant or beneficial to anyone. Please respond to ALL of the points I brought up, and in context.

Oh good hell.
See the top answer.

My family has served in every war since WWII btw. No KIA's either, just purple hearts. He killed the guy that shot him, and happened to save one of my Drill Sergeants lives if detailed accuracy is important to you.

So????????????????????

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Oh, so all that is required is for someone to "Believe" that they need it???

Geez, no wonder we are screwed. Instead of people being taught that it is embarrassing to take from the Govt, it is the norm if they "believe" they deserve it.

Yeah, not an entitlement society at all.

I love when military talks about entitlement society. It would be funny if it wasn't so weird.

I think it is weird when people cannot grasp the simple concept that being paid to provide a good or service is a tad bit different than being paid to provide...nothing.

who is "getting paid" again ??
service members get a paycheck, housing, food, education, skill training and more for their "getting paid" ... ppl who receive food stamps don't get a "paycheck" unless they earn one, what IS your point here ?

how does FOOD assistance equate to "getting paid" like service people do ???????
forget the fact that it ALL comes out of the same pool of tax funds.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

What question? Why it is relevant? You were just talking about people like me. It is this word that we learn at a young age it is called *context*. If you are a Christian you know all to well how important context is (temptation of Christ?).

So quote my original post to you, and respond to all of the things I brought up. Please do these things *in context* or just throw in the towel.

High horse? I am a person who lives below the poverty line and relies on food stamps. Hardly a "high horse".

edit: i see you went ahead and did it again. This is how you quote see that button that says "quote" press it and reply to the post in full or not at all. You are the one on a high horse.
edit on 11-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

yes, i said that, to which you responded ...

I've lived on much less than $700 for food a month, much less. It is not fun, but it is quite doable.
since the difference between living on $700 per month and spending $700 for food a month, has to be pointed out to you, then clearly, you've NEVER done it

That's a rather stupid assumption. I have lived on less that $500 TOTAL a month before. Everytime you try to get your gotcha by playing semantics, you end up looking even more silly. You assume, with great prejudice I must add, than someone who is successful now, didn't have to struggle back in their past. This is blatantly false. I've struggled, I've done without, and that is why I know it can be done.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Oh, so all that is required is for someone to "Believe" that they need it???

Geez, no wonder we are screwed. Instead of people being taught that it is embarrassing to take from the Govt, it is the norm if they "believe" they deserve it.

Yeah, not an entitlement society at all.

I love when military talks about entitlement society. It would be funny if it wasn't so weird.

I think it is weird when people cannot grasp the simple concept that being paid to provide a good or service is a tad bit different than being paid to provide...nothing.

who is "getting paid" again ??
service members get a paycheck, housing, food, education, skill training and more for their "getting paid" ... ppl who receive food stamps don't get a "paycheck" unless they earn one, what IS your point here ?

how does FOOD assistance equate to "getting paid" like service people do ???????
forget the fact that it ALL comes out of the same pool of tax funds.

And this is where you fail. The taxpayer requires a service, say being a fireman. The fireman is hired to provide said service to the taxpayer. The taxpayer recieves the benefit of that service. Giving out a handout does not provide a service nor a good nor a benefit to the taxpayer. The fireman provides a service for his money. The welfare recipient does not. Quite a simple concept.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Your sentence structure and lack of comprehension of topics discussed and statements made leads me to believe you are a return banned member ImmaculatedD1, you are just here to stir the turd or truly have no idea as to what is being discussed.

Starting from here, please, any question you would like me to answer, please post, as I will answer them. I don't pick and chose to what I answer.

For me, all past statements were so far left field, I am going to just not respond to.
I read them and they make no sense.

edit on 11-12-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

We agree on quite a bit.
But, I do understand how Govt works and about the pool idea.
Local Govt is what we should be all striving for, not centralized Fed Govt.
I am not exactly against the Fed Govt. I just understand it and know that is has WAY too much power and needs to be reigned back in.
on the points you bring forth, we do agree.

i just cannot understand how anyone who is supported by the government (as soldiers/seamen are) can possibly have any angst toward the concept of food assistance.

i don't care what they have, what they drive, who they associate with, if they are hungry and they have no provision, as a human, it is my duty (and yours) to assist.
it's food, not shelter, not cash, not drugs, alcohol or an education for that matter.

yes, ppl abuse the system.
in every city, in every state.
if we focused on curbing the fraud, maybe the rest would balance out ?
does the system need an overhaul ?
absolutely but to eliminate it is an extreme of which i cannot agree.

i cannot and will not harbor anger, condemnation or any such emotion or act for any hungry tummy ... that just ain't right.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

They make no sense because you are not reading them in the context of the thread. I understand that you have a problem with applying things like logic and context.

No I am not some returned banned member. This happens every time I talk to someone like you.

1st they take everything I say out of context and pick apart individual sentences to make me look bad, on top of burying the context in pages of posts.

2nd when I call them on it, they get mad and start insulting and accusing.

3rd they throw logic out the window all the while calling me stupid and looking for ways to discredit me.

I don't care what these other people think, I was talking to you specifically. They just happen to be able to read it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

on the points you bring forth, we do agree.

i just cannot understand how anyone who is supported by the government (as soldiers/seamen are) can possibly have any angst toward the concept of food assistance.

First thing, I am not supported by the Govt.
Secondly, the difference has been stated here by myself and Navydoc.

i don't care what they have, what they drive, who they associate with, if they are hungry and they have no provision, as a human, it is my duty (and yours) to assist.

Then go ahead.
I help as well.
I don't agree with the Govt taking from me to give to others.

it's food, not shelter, not cash, not drugs, alcohol or an education for that matter.

Doesn't matter.
It is a slippery slope. Just look to the age group of 18-28. They are now of the entitlement mentality.

yes, ppl abuse the system.
in every city, in every state.
if we focused on curbing the fraud, maybe the rest would balance out ?
does the system need an overhaul ?
absolutely but to eliminate it is an extreme of which i cannot agree.

I thought YOU wanted to help, not the Govt.
It is a band-aid that needs to be pulled off. It will hurt, but will provide air to the wound.

i cannot and will not harbor anger, condemnation or any such emotion or act for any hungry tummy ... that just ain't right.

No, it ain't right that the Govt steals from some to give to others.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

If you have a question to ask, by all means.

Otherwise all I hear is "Blah blah blah".

edit on 11-12-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yep.

Military member. A person that actually does a job, works for a living and has a high chance of being placed in harms way. The Military member works for the benefits received.

VS.

Welfare recipient. A large amount of people that don't' work or produce anything. A small amount that do work, but have low paying jobs that are not the fault of society. People in this category don't work for the benefits they receive.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder what the difference is.

Does this make you feel better than others?

I commend your service, and I have family who have killed and been shot for this country so I have a right to talk about this.

They specifically did not return with this attitude, but I did notice that the attitude is propagated within the military. Would you care to comment more on this? When I go to the dollar store they ask if I would like to donate to poor military families. Sounds to me like they need to refuse to serve until they get a pay raise but w/e. This is coming from someone who was med'd out of 11D OSUT (and rightfully so) and is now on food stamps.

Let me help you with context and logic. Respond to these points. I responded to a couple you made in another post, but they are still your beliefs so why pretend not to know what I am talking about?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Please refer to this
reply to post by macman

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join