It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Use Up 1.44 million in Just One Month

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Yep.

Military member. A person that actually does a job, works for a living and has a high chance of being placed in harms way. The Military member works for the benefits received.

VS.

Welfare recipient. A large amount of people that don't' work or produce anything. A small amount that do work, but have low paying jobs that are not the fault of society. People in this category don't work for the benefits they receive.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder what the difference is.

Does this make you feel better than others?

I commend your service, and I have family who have killed and been shot for this country so I have a right to talk about this.

They specifically did not return with this attitude, but I did notice that the attitude is propagated within the military. Would you care to comment more on this? When I go to the dollar store they ask if I would like to donate to poor military families. Sounds to me like they need to refuse to serve until they get a pay raise but w/e. This is coming from someone who was med'd out of 11D OSUT (and rightfully so) and is now on food stamps.

link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Nice soap box. Maybe use the soap from it clean your ears out and read what I have typed before.

ALL ASPECTS NEED TO BE CUT.

Oh, and since you have just kind of washed over what my views are of our wars, let me restate.
WE need to leave the ME and let it burn.

Instead of assuming you know me, why not just ask.

link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I said, why not step in and help out his grandmother.

I've lived on much less than $700 for food a month, much less.
actually, you didn't cause if you had, i wouldn't have responded to the rude assumption that started this exchange.

and grandma has $700 per month to LIVE on, not just buy food with ... like i said, your comprehension sucks.
and yes, it can be done, i feed 2 adults on less than $200 but not without community (charity) assistance.

and at no point did i suggest he shouldn't help his grandma but you aren't even giving enough consideration for the possibility that he can't, for whatever reason.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Yeah ok then.

Unicorns and Rainbows.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by AfterInfinity

Nice soap box. Maybe use the soap from it clean your ears out and read what I have typed before.

ALL ASPECTS NEED TO BE CUT.

Oh, and since you have just kind of washed over what my views are of our wars, let me restate.
WE need to leave the ME and let it burn.

Instead of assuming you know me, why not just ask.

I believe he DID ask.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yeah ok then.

Unicorns and Rainbows.

Your attempts to sound smug leave you looking defeated.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

While part of me agrees that the GI should be paid more, it is not like any person signed up, without knowing the pay scale. For a lower wage, the GI is provided housing, food, healthcare and clothing.
Yes, companies that fraud the Govt with crappy products should be hung out to dry. Just like any other instance.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No, as it was a rant, or statement.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Id rather my tax dollars go to someones food rather than to someone to post on ATS.

That is one of the nicest things I have read here on ATS, thank you

edit on 11-12-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I was going for relatively neat-o. But, what ever.

What color is Bob? Does he vomit happiness?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You should have put the money you got for schooling to better use.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

Originally posted by projectvxn
And yet the government will tout this as a success.

They really do. They are proud that 48 million people are on food stamps. They measure success by how many are on welfare rather than how many are not.

Who are they?

A robot?

I am glad that 48 million aren't hungry, is that a crime?

Or should we be proud that people are suffering here in America?

government dependency = progress

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Nah, I like what I do. It provides for myself and my family very nicely.

Oh, I forgot. You don't know what I did in the Military, what School I have gone to, what degrees I hold or what profession I work in.

Yep, truly a wasted effort in school.

But thanks to the GI Bill, that I paid into, for helping me get the education that is not to the standards of someone named "DoYouEvenLift" here on ATS.
I shall put in for a refund and have the funds sent to you.

link   

Yep.

Military member. A person that actually does a job, works for a living and has a high chance of being placed in harms way. The Military member works for the benefits received.

VS.

Welfare recipient. A large amount of people that don't' work or produce anything. A small amount that do work, but have low paying jobs that are not the fault of society. People in this category don't work for the benefits they receive.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder what the difference is.
yep, that same military member whom, if in theatre, is more likely to come back permanently damaged and surviving off of government provisions for the remaining days that he/she breathes.

riiiight ... you're doing a great job, don't let anyone tell ya different

and when you become injured, get a real job and don't expect a neighbor to lend a hand.
that IS what you're fighting/working for, isn't it ?

let's just ignore the simple fact that a majority of government 'survival benefits' are paid directly to wounded warriers of one kind or another ... and after 10 conflicts in 50 or so years, they add up.

but no, let's point a finger at everyone else ... that's the right answer

ETA -- while we're on the subject, what about those generational types ... you know, the ones whose ggrandad was wounded in WWII or Korea and their gdad was wounded in VietNam and their dad in Lebanon or on down the line for next 2 generations ... you know, Iraq/Iran, Kuwait, Afghanistan and on and on and around the circle we go.
so, those who have been getting govenment benefits from that origin ... shouldn't they be cut off too ?
edit on 11-12-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

You should have put the money you got for schooling to better use.

I would have just bought unicorns!

FOODSTAMPS. Oh yeah, that's the topic.

Damn shame there are so many people on them, eh?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey all you super geniuses. Rising use of food stamps implies that the economy is getting worse. And still you robots applaud your dead leader like trained seals. You all remind me of Stalin supporters I read about in high school. No matter how bad things got, they blamed everything and everybody, but their dear leader.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Nah, I like what I do. It provides for myself and my family very nicely.

Oh, I forgot. You don't know what I did in the Military, what School I have gone to, what degrees I hold or what profession I work in.

Yep, truly a wasted effort in school.

But thanks to the GI Bill, that I paid into, for helping me get the education that is not to the standards of someone named "DoYouEvenLift" here on ATS.
I shall put in for a refund and have the funds sent to you.

No no, don't bother.

Unlike you, I will not ask for a refund or try to take money away from someone that believes they need it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Hey all you super geniuses. Rising use of food stamps implies that the economy is getting worse. And still you robots applaud your dead leader like trained seals. You all remind me of Stalin supporters I read about in high school. No matter how bad things got, they blamed everything and everybody, but their dear leader.

This is funny.

This is very funny.

(The idea that it got stars is even funnier.)
edit on 11-12-2012 by DoYouEvenLift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
yep, that same military member whom, if in theatre, is more likely to come back permanently damaged and surviving off of government provisions for the remaining days that he/she breathes.

Yeah, because all GIs come back and live off VA disability. Sure sure.
Which is it, pensions are retirements. You know, the ones where the members puts in 20+ years, and there is an agreed to retirement.
Much like the retirements offered to the Govt worker that works in the welfare office, approving those food stamp applications that are SO needed.
Or, do you mean VA disability, kind of like workman's comp or disability that some many people are on.

Originally posted by jimmyx
riiiight ... you're doing a great job, don't let anyone tell ya different

Thanks, I sure won't.
I know the job I did was much needed, and I received a lot of awards and some ribbons for doing so.

and when you become injured, get a real job and don't expect a neighbor to lend a hand.
that IS what you're fighting/working for, isn't it ?

Oh geez, now you want the neighbor to lend a hand??
Why, the Govt is there to take care of everyone. They show this by taking more and more money from people to give to those in need.

And you know personally, again, who I help and what I do to help those in need?

let's just ignore the simple fact that a majority of government 'survival benefits' are paid directly to wounded warriers of one kind or another ... and after 10 conflicts in 50 or so years, they add up.

We are talking about welfare and food stamps. Not about VA disability payments. They are 2 separate things. 2 separate funds. Nice try though. A+ for effort.

but no, let's point a finger at everyone else ... that's the right answer

What everyone else.
The topic is about food stamps going up. That is what is being debated.
Want to debate topics like Military spending? Start a thread and I will join.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You guys making fun of the military, need to have served at least two years.

My husband when into the Marines right out of High School, and served in Vietnam, you know what the military taught him, a strong work effort.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join