It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America...WTH Are YouTthinking?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And Obama spent his entire campaign promising AGAIN what he didn't deliver in his first term.

Doesn't this have to do with the fact that the republicans have the majority of the house? Partisan disagreements thwarting any progress all the time? Like a basketball guard standing in front of the hoop. Maybe get out of the way? Yet, when a score can't be made you blame the shooter.

I don't understand why everyone blames the democrats when clearly the house is in favor of the republicans? Blame congress.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by humphreysjim

Dangerous in what way?

PS: WTH do you care? You live in the UK!
edit on 11/7/2012 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

Dangerous in that he is a psychopathic religious nut who changes his position so much nobody really knows what it is, or what he is capable of. And asking why I care is ridiculous. The actions of the USA effect the world.

Romney didn't even get into presidency yet and he already offended the whole of the UK by suggesting we could not handle the Olympics, how is that not dangerous?

Also, my wife is American and her family is currently living there. We could not afford to stay in the US because of our inability to get health care, which is just unacceptable. So much was/is wrong, but would head in the right direction if those in positions of power would let it.
edit on 7-11-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Komonazmuk

You can't even figure out that it was sarcasm. Fifty states. Sixty is considered profoundly retarded.

Like a feline, I kick you under the litter.

In the US, voting for a third party candidate is like flushing money down the toilet. All you did was draw a vote away from either main party candidate.

Aww poor kitty. Still upset I see.

So where does that leave you mid 70s? low 80s?

I guess you have four years to continue with your rabble-rabble. Enjoy it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn

Originally posted by Sinny
I agree the entire system and people who voted for the 2 parties are a complete farce.

However, I would also like to know how Obamas been re-elected given the fact he's not kept his word on anything -

My favorite being closing that god forsaken prison! Lol.

If you are referring to Gitmo, you can thank the congress for that little stalemate. Here is a little bit of info for you:

January 22, 2009 (two days after taking office) - Obama signs an executive order to close Gitmo within a year.

May 20, 2009 – The Senate votes 90-6 against the needed funding to close Gitmo. For most Senators, the issue was political kryptonite. While in theory, many Americans wanted Gitmo to close, few wanted the prisoners transported to their “backyards.” Again, fear won out over human rights.

The article goes on to say:

The politics of closing the prison have clearly soured following the attempted bombings on a plane on Dec. 25 and in Times Square in May, as well as Republican criticism that imprisoning detainees in the United States would endanger Americans. When Mr. Obama took office a slight majority supported closing it. By a March 2010 poll, 60 percent wanted it to stay open.
Source Link

If you would prefer a more 'main stream' source for the same info here is an MSNBC article for you: Senate Blocks Transfer of Gitmo Detainees

Care to try again?

Star for you. I was trying to make that point to Jude.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Obama continues to lie to us about his true religious affiliation (bowed to a Saudi), his place of birth, the Benghazi incident and the Bin Laden raid.

I'll trade a fresh flip-flopper for a ripe liar and it'll come out even.
edit on 11/7/2012 by PrplHrt because: Spelling!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've read through some comments and seriously the only question I got to ask to certain people is, do you really think Romney would have made a difference? People are saying what's wrong with the people of America for voting for Obama, but I think the whole world would have said what's wrong with America for electing Romney. You people make me laugh.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Obama continues to lie to us about his true religious affiliation (bowed to a Saudi), his place of birth, the Benghazi incident and the Bin Laden raid.

I'll trade a fresh flip-flopper for a ripe liar and it'll come out even.
edit on 11/7/2012 by PrplHrt because: Spelling!

If Americans weren't so ridiculous when it comes to religion candidates would happily declare their beliefs. I suspect Obama is agnostic or even atheist for instance, but saying so would make election impossible.

That is the problem with America, you can't blame Obama for getting around it.

And all politicians lie, your statement implies Romney is a truthful flip-flopper, which is just laughable. He said and did whatever he could to get into power (thankfully he failed), he does not know the meaning of honesty.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

change, Change, CHANGE

A fresh face, a new cabinet, new ideas about how to solve our problems. Goddamn, is everybody in this stinking forum mentally handicapped?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

2. The US healthcare system will come to equal that of Great Britain and Canada with third world countries becoming health destinations.

Wow, I can't believe the ignorance some people have. Canada's health care system is second to none! I can go to the doctor anytime, anywhere for anything and it costs me zero dollars. Want an MRI? $0. Need some stitches? $0. When I was 19 I was stabbed with a sword three times. Leg, chest and breastplate. I was in and out of the hospital in 4 hours and I paid ZERO dollars. I also didn't have insurance. You'd be lucky not to be bankrupt after something like that.

edit on 7-11-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Lol, voting for a Mormon sounds mentally challenged to me bud

link   

reply to post by Putyournamehere

change, Change, CHANGE

A fresh face, a new cabinet, new ideas about how to solve our problems. Goddamn, is everybody in this stinking forum mentally handicapped?

What ideas were those then?? Romney had no ideas, that's part of the reason he was not elected!

"I know what to do to fix that" is not an idea, it is the statement of a slippery conman.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by PrplHrt

Lol, voting for a Mormon sounds mentally challenged to me bud

Magic pants, 'activate'!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Let him believe his delusion, it's probably the only reason he has to wake up any more.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

2. The US healthcare system will come to equal that of Great Britain and Canada with third world countries becoming health destinations.

As someone who has lived in both the UK and the US and experienced healthcare from both sides, I can confidently say the UK is far and away superior in every respect.

Have you experienced both sides, or are you arguing from a position of ignorance?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
As an American at this point I am praying for the destruction of this nation. This election has proved just how full of crap the American public is. We are past the point of no return. All I can do is hope the stupid are allevieated and justice will prevail but I think I would have to be on another planet for that to happen. In other words, My fellow Americans have lost my respect and I will never lay my life on the line for these people. There was a time where I would but no longer shall I hold that conviction. I am just so sick with all of this right now. I hope Karma pays a visit to those who deserve it soon.

Dear Grunt, WTF? I guess your one of those people who think their rights are superior than others and if someone doesn't agree with you then they should not have rights? As an 0351, I know that Repubs and Democrap PARTYS make the people who vote for them look like idiots because the party faithful don't realize they are just expendable pawns in a power struggle. That these sheeple who vote dem or rep will never join the ranks of the elite even though think they will......

Frankly, I don't like your fake patriotism. I think you are a disgrace to the Marine Corps and need to grow up. Stand up and act like a soldier not a spoiled brat. If you don't want to fight for the American people get a BCD and get out of my Corp!

MItch Bupp
Wpn co 1st btn, 6th Marines, 2nd Mar Div, beloved Camp Swampy

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk
Don't worry folks, the shadow government has every thing under control, go back to sleep America, watch some sports and worry not about the men behind the curtains!

The shadow gov had it under control... they had both candidates ..... in their pocket

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Maybe I'm an idealist. You're all probably right. I'm a dreamer. I dream that my country will be great again. That someday a man will sit in that Office and surprise us all and be a president of ould.

I'm a fool for thinking that trying someone else might help move us ahead on the trail a little bit.

Damn me for wanting a better country. Damn me for wanting to try somebody new.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

As someone who has lived in both the UK and the US and experienced healthcare from both sides, I can confidently say the UK is far and away superior in every respect.

Have you experienced both sides, or are you arguing from a position of ignorance?

Hi Hump, What gets me is that medical should be like the public utilities not a for-profit business model...... that just shows how compassionate our culture really isn't. Then here in the US if government money is involved the business community figures out a way to maximize profit and lock out competition... then they throw the screws to you.....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
PrplHrt, presidents do not make a country great, its people do. If you want to make a difference, get off your arse and go do some good instead of whining about who was elected. The same goes for the OP.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hi Hump, What gets me is that medical should be like the public utilities not a for-profit business model...... that just shows how compassionate our culture really isn't.

Exactly. My wife could not get insurance due to a pre-existing condition that made her a bad candidate for "long-term profit". A system like that is wrong on many levels.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join