link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
I'll just leave this here...

you can't refute it

More need to see this.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Actually damn you for putting everyone down who doesn't conform to your beliefs. Again I ask, do you really think Romney would make America great? Your are delusional, out of touch with reality, try looking at the big picture.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Putyournamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by humphreysjim

Insulting people because they are hungry for change is stupid. Voting for the old rancid is even dumber.

If you voted for Obama you voted for four more years of SSDD, tuna salad, when you could have had salmon.

But you can't afford salmon.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

romney spent his whole campaign telling people what he was going to take away from them and insulting entire groups of people so it shouldn`t be a surprise that so many people didn`t vote for him.

he told women that he would take away their right to decide what to do with their own bodies
he told the poor and unemployed that he was going to take away their welfare
he told half of americans that they are lazy and dont want to work
etc etc

Exactly...........................
My choice, my right as a citizen of America to vote how I see fit given my only choices.

To the OP, I usually love your threads, this one saddens me

We are ALL tired of the political crap too, corporate cronyism, and candidates who really have no clue what its like to be poor or homeless or hungry and slaves to the ULTRA RICH CAPITALISTS (democrat or republican)....I keep hearing about people voting for the lesser of two evils. Hopefully the American political system will realize that having more than two choices is a possibility. We are FAR from being perfect. Maybe it is about time for America to give up on being the mother protector to the world. Stop looking to us to help out......we need to focus on our own problems first. That's been our problem.

Romney literally outcast half of Americans and women!! That is not a person I want to represent America....How do you think he would react to other countries if he feels that way about us?

America is a distinct nation due to the many diversities!!! Diversity in religion, race, and sexual orientation...
Romney wanted to take us back 50 years and if you say being a Mormon had nothing to do with it, you are wrong! His upbringing and beliefs played a huge part in how he portrayed himself to the masses.

Yes America is full of Christians, but we are also full of many other religions with different ideas and beliefs on how to raise our families and what we want to do with our own bodies.....that is why he lost...

Regards and Peace
SW

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by humphreysjim

Dangerous in what way?

PS: WTH do you care? You live in the UK!
edit on 11/7/2012 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

Ahmadinejad lives in Iran. But what do you care, you live in USA?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by PrplHrt

Actually damn you for putting everyone down who doesn't conform to your beliefs. Again I ask, do you really think Romney would make America great? Your are delusional, out of touch with reality, try looking at the big picture.

Well to be fair, how do you know Obama will make America any better? We gave Obama 4 years and the country is still in shambles. Obama also didnt follow through with any of his promises... So why are you so confident that Obama will deliver this country back to greatness? Because history is showing us, in 4 years, Obama brings little change while increasing the deficit $5+ trillion dollars

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

reply to post by PrplHrt

Well to be fair, how do you know Obama will make America any better? We gave Obama 4 years and the country is still in shambles. Obama also didnt follow through with any of his promises... So why are you so confident that Obama will deliver this country back to greatness? Because history is showing us, in 4 years, Obama brings little change while increasing the deficit $5+ trillion dollars

Hi. Not my conversation but would you mind if I responded?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I absolutely and totally agree, I no longer vote because I know in the end nothing will change and any candidate will end up screwing most of us in some way.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

reply to post by PrplHrt

Hi. Not my conversation but would you mind if I responded?

It wasn't my convo either, but i just jumped in, so you should feel free to jump in too

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Call me crazy, but I feel that the voting system in this country needs to be changed... Citizens over 18 shouldn't be given the right to vote just cause they meet those simple requirements. They should make it mandatory that if you want your voice to be heard you need to study up on the election at hand. You need to be INFORMED and not misinformed like so many voters are...

I live here in Chicago, I saw this black (mid-20's) guy cheering, I asked him why he voted for Obama he stated "nothing specific, other than the fact obama was black and democratic"........... Really??? That's why you vote for someone??? Please educate yourself on what Obama stands for and don't just vote because of skin color or party line.... Too many people today are just like that person I spoke to and it makes me sick... I consider myself a moderate, I lean both ways on different subjects and vote accordingly when an election rolls around. I wish more people went about it like I do instead of just voting democrat/republican/skin color....
edit on 7-11-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Good.

As an Obama suporter, what do you think my answers would be to these points?

We gave Obama 4 years and the country is still in shambles.

Obama also didnt follow through with any of his promises

Obama brings little change while increasing the deficit $5+ trillion dollars

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Something along the lines of that the country isn't as bad as some (Fox News) makes it out to be. Obama has shown improvements in the private sector and from the auto bailouts. The deficits he's added are due to the mess he was given from Bush.... Stuff like that... It always depends on "which" type of obama supporter I'm talking too...

Some Obama supporters don't necessarily support Obama but voted for him yesterday because they felt he was the lesser of two evils running... Others feel that Obama has done ZERO wrong in office and is a great president. Let me ask you, which one are you?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

Something along the lines of that the country isn't as bad as some (Fox News) makes it out to be. Obama has shown improvements in the private sector and from the auto bailouts. The deficits he's added are due to the mess he was given from Bush.... Stuff like that... It always depends on "which" type of obama supporter I'm talking too...

Some Obama supporters don't necessarily support Obama but voted for him yesterday because they felt he was the lesser of two evils running... Others feel that Obama has done ZERO wrong in office and is a great president. Let me ask you, which one are you?

Both.

I like the perspective you switched to formulate a practical response. They are good reasons aren't they? I would also add, 4-years isn't really enough in the grand scheme of things. Rome wasn't built in a day.

As far as promises go...
Gittmo? You can thank congress for that. A lot of the resistance to change comes from within.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

What scares me is that we have a total divide in this country right now, and popular vote showed that last night where they were close to being dead even (electoral is another story).... Like I stated earlier, I consider myself a moderate who's stuck in the middle of two sets of extreme (almost radical) views coming from opposing sides... I'm not sure what the country needs, Im not sure if Obama or Romney was the right choice. I guess only time will tell and I hope by the that time were improved as a country. I would LOVE to be proved wrong about Obama, I HOPE he gets everything back on track, I just don't know if he's capable of doing so (or if any 1 man/administration is capable)...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I don't give a luck about Obama or Romney. It just disturbs me when people start bashing their fellow countrymen because they didn't give in to their ideology. That's what a democracy is for. And to be honest, does it really matter who's president, one person or another, it's all the same really. I just have a hard time believing a Mormon was that close to being president, I mean seriously, don't you think that's ridiculous, what's next, John travtolta for president?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

I don't give a luck about Obama or Romney. It just disturbs me when people start bashing their fellow countrymen because they didn't give in to their ideology. That's what a democracy is for. And to be honest, does it really matter who's president, one person or another, it's all the same really. I just have a hard time believing a Mormon was that close to being president, I mean seriously, don't you think that's ridiculous, what's next, John travtolta for president?

I'm not seeing the connection between a Mormon politician and an actor? All Presidents are religious in one way or another, I don't see the issue with having one who is Mormon... Just because we've never had a Mormon president before doesn't mean we shouldn't have one in the future. At one point we never had a African american president and we all know how Obama re-wrote history there.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Have they taken any of our freedoms away!? Are you seriously asking this?

Are you actually a member here at ATS?

That's scary that you would even ask this.

Hello?

People...did this guy just ask this....in writing?

Bush signed away more freedoms with the Patriot Act.

If the Patriot Act and the Military Commisions Act would not have been put into law under Bush Jr. -- the NDAA would have never been signed into law.

Those first two together stripped more rights away from Americans than anything that Obama has done.

You have to start taking responsibility for the past leaders your party has elected. Take things into perspective:

As I said yesterday, I can still get my FFL, apply for a class III permit and own a fully automatic .50 calliber machine gun the same as I always could.

The world is not ending, you can still buy your big scary guns.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

Aw Jim. Come on. How long have you been a member here at ATS?

This election wasn't an "us" versus "them" thing.

It was fighting for a ideology, for an America that we hoped to preserve, for less dependence on a government so people can acheive their own personal potential.

This was about fighting Santa Claus, for creating a less entitled society.

It was about not turning this country over ot the UN....

and so much more.

Are you just naive? Or uninformed?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I could say the same thing about white people I know. I've asked around, and I've had white people tell me they voted for Romney because:

"I want to put the white back into the Whitehouse".

I was told this to my face by a middle-aged white woman I know.

The street runs both ways, tons of white Christians voted for Romney because he was white and a Republican.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Well Caucasians are pretty much the minority now in this country, so if trends keep going in that way then my guess is that we will NEVER see another republican president again...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def