It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
But from reading the replies it is NO surprise the right wing acts like they won, even if they lost.

Actually from what I'm reading it looks like most folks say it was a tie. There are some die hard far lefters who keep screaming BIden won because 'everyone is talking about him' .. even though what people are saying isn't exactly good stuff. Most everyone .. including myself .. has said it was pretty much a tie. Both candidates lied. Both talked over each other. Both ignored the moderator and did their own thing. Biden couldn't stop smirking and chuckling (it was odd). But they both had facts .. they both 'got' the other on occassion .. they both were 'gotten' by the moderator ... and they both lied. Seemed pretty tied up to me and to most folks (if you read the polls).

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

But from reading the replies it is NO surprise the right wing acts like they won, even if they lost. It's a childish and an actual good propaganda technique. If you don't admit you lost then that won't be a narrative on the non-entertainment kind of news.

edit on 12-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

They absolutely, positively lost the debate, now they're trying to "win" the "post debate", but failing greatly at that as well

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

When is the right wing ever going to learn what communism is?

Obamacare is Romneycare and it is nothing more than forcing people to buy private healthcare. A long with a few regulations on PRIVATE healthcare.

The gov auto takeover is fascism

Censorship has noting to do with communism, that is called authoritarianism and can be forced through any type of financial system

Voter intimidation has what to do with communism again? And the black pantheR stood outside of ONE voting place in PA.

47% thing is a lie and has been debunked over and over, try to search it on ATS

I could careless to reply to the rest of your points because they're more than likely all wrong like the previous. Educate yourself please.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's a momentum win for Obama and a momentum loss for Romney.

The left is excited this morning, and the right is all grumpy.

Romney set the bar pretty high with his first debate, Ryan couldn't reach that bar, and Biden has set up Obama to continue to call out Romney's lies in the next debate.

You can try to spin it all you want, but Obama's campaign is excited and proud of Biden's performance and Romney's campaign is agnry because Biden was so mean to Ryan.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
They absolutely, positively lost the debate, now they're trying to "win" the "post debate", but failing greatly at that as well

If Biden had controlled himself at all - it wouldn't even be an issue. It would be like DEMs the morning after w/ Romney. Biden didn't need to give that "window" away, it hurt them with undecideds and non-partisans. My whole family, across 1700 miles, decided after that debate and the behavior post-POTUS debate that Romney/Ryan will get our vote.

If I had ~read~ the answers, I bet I would be exactly the opposite. Delivery matters. Just like a phony delivery can be spotted elsewhere, a misdirecting delivery mattered here. Biden was all about the base they already had, I still don't see how that helped them. At all. -Mags

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by grandmakdw

When is the right wing ever going to learn what communism is?

Obamacare is Romneycare and it is nothing more than forcing people to buy private healthcare. A long with a few regulations on PRIVATE healthcare.

The gov auto takeover is fascism

Censorship has noting to do with communism, that is called authoritarianism and can be forced through any type of financial system

Voter intimidation has what to do with communism again? And the black pantheR stood outside of ONE voting place in PA.

47% thing is a lie and has been debunked over and over, try to search it on ATS

I could careless to reply to the rest of your points because they're more than likely all wrong like the previous. Educate yourself please.

They only know what faux news tells them. If faux came out and said Obama was trying to take us back to worshipping the Greek Gods because he wore a toga once in college, they'd be harping on that from here on out.

They have no clue, no concept, no intelligence of their own (the majority of them, a few do, but you don't hear from them as often because they don't want the stupidity of the rest of their party rubbing off on them).

Since we already know how the election is going to pan out, we can sit back, watch it, and enjoy it like we would a tv show

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's a momentum win for Obama and a momentum loss for Romney.

The left is excited this morning, and the right is all grumpy.

Romney set the bar pretty high with his first debate, Ryan couldn't reach that bar, and Biden has set up Obama to continue to call out Romney's lies in the next debate.

You can try to spin it all you want, but Obama's campaign is excited and proud of Biden's performance and Romney's campaign is agnry because Biden was so mean to Ryan.

If the VP debate had been before the first Presidential debate, would they have appreciated Obama's calm respectful tone more? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

It was "ok", even "good" in their minds that Romney behaved in practically the exact same way that Biden did, but when Biden does it, it's horrible and unthinkable... very odd lot they are...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insurrection
I have seen no reason to believe that there will be a substantiate difference between Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan.

I beg to differ. I believe that one of the reasons why the US invaded Iraq for no good reasons was the desire of the clique assembled around the then newly elected GWB to cement their grip on power. The war proved a valuable tool in that. If you do research, it's quite amazing how a relatively small group of people made absolutely arbitrary decisions, which cost us so many lives and put us into a fiscal pit. And they were never held accountable. Romney often talks about "strength" and how to fix Iran and North Korea, without offering ANY specifics. I'm just wondering if he would be able to resist the temptation to do something macho and drag us into another war.

After the POTUS debate, the way POTUS has behaved since, and Biden last night - I'm voting Romney/Ryan just to get the smug insolent @#$%! out of the limelight. They're far more interested in pandering to the ignorance and intolerance of their base than anything else.

I'm sorry, but what what base are you talking about? Surely it's not the base that believes in "death panels", or the base that calls Obama a "secret Muslim", or a communist? It can't be the base that says "get the government out of my medicare". Speaking of ignorance...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If Biden had controlled himself at all - it wouldn't even be an issue. It would be like DEMs the morning after w/ Romney. Biden didn't need to give that "window" away, it hurt them with undecideds and non-partisans. My whole family, across 1700 miles, decided after that debate and the behavior post-POTUS debate that Romney/Ryan will get our vote.

If I had ~read~ the answers, I bet I would be exactly the opposite. Delivery matters. Just like a phony delivery can be spotted elsewhere, a misdirecting delivery mattered here. Biden was all about the base they already had, I still don't see how that helped them. At all. -Mags

He played it very, very well.

The "rudeness" came from the second in command, not the big Cheif. He was the one who had the room to be rude and played it to his advantage. Obama couldn't do the same because he is President of the United States. Biden can because he's often overlooked, ignored, what have you. He gave the Democratic base the lift they needed, he wiped the floor with Ryan.

Truthfully, I can't remember a single content message from either side last night, I just remember Biden wiping the floor with Ryan and Ryan not being able to handle it. He took control of the debate, hence, he won. Ryan looked week and useless and Biden showed that he was in control of the situation.

You don't have to like it, you lost. Most people don't like losing. But you did lose last night just like the Obama side lost the first Presidential debate. We don't know how the next one will go but you can bet your bottom dollar that the teams are already working on it based on what happened last night in Biden's beat down of Ryan.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

reply to post by daryllyn

I'm not hearing a lot of positive things about Biden.

Depends on who you are listening to, and I can guess who you are listening to if you aren't hearing a lot of positives.

Yeah yeah, I know...no one is "endorsing" Romney/Ryan this morning. No one wants to endorse a beaten down candidate. It's so funny.

HA, is CNN an approved democratic party network (DPN)? I hear they actually get paid for favorable coverage so it should be entirely acceptable

CNN, R 48% - B 44%

Forty-eight percent of voters who watched the vice presidential debate think that Rep. Paul Ryan won the showdown

By a 50%-41% margin, debate watchers say that Ryan rather than Biden better expressed himself.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I love how now all of a sudden the right wingers are using CNN as their sole source.

You do know there were other polls, right? Do you wonder why the right wing is only using CNN's poll?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You don't have to like it, you lost. Most people don't like losing. But you did lose last night just like the Obama side lost the first Presidential debate. We don't know how the next one will go but you can bet your bottom dollar that the teams are already working on it based on what happened last night in Biden's beat down of Ryan.

You can keep repeating that but people who didn't have a horse in the race, or someone like me that was leaning Obama/Biden have slid the other direction between the two performances. "I" lost nothing - Obama/Biden did in this context. You yourself said signal to noise wasn't good so at that point - if we have no pragmatic faith or information being delivered. If you already "don't believe", then delivery and execution is all that remains.

On the other end they pumped coc aine into their base - which I keep hearing was needed but I'm not seeing how it actually helped close (or widen) the gaps that mattered. -Mags

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Phoenix

I love how now all of a sudden the right wingers are using CNN as their sole source.

You do know there were other polls, right? Do you wonder why the right wing is only using CNN's poll?

Because it was reported that the network is DPN, bought and paid for and therefore cannot be challenged by your lot

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Were you waiting for MSM to report this?

Fact Checking Biden: Seventeen Pinocchios

www.gop.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Proverbs 29:9 (NLV)

9) When a wise man argues with a foolish man, the fool only gets angry or laughs, and there is no peace and quiet.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I flipped between FOX, MSNBC and CNN. FOX is having fun getting everyone's opinon on Bidens awful behavior. MSNBC is all in la-la land pretending Biden won when in fact it was pretty tied up. CNN is doing some fact checking. Doing pretty well as a matter of fact. This is what they just said -

Another Biden lie told last night (one of many) ... He claimed that Romney wanted to 'let Detroit go bankrupt'. The TRUTH is that Romney called for a controlled bankruptcy process for Detroit so the industry could restructure and come back. Obama agreed with the Romney plan and even implemented it. It worked. Obama and Romney had the same plan for Detroit. Biden lied.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yeah, like I really believe this post. Nothing like "pretend to be an undecided voter who was won over because of Bidens demeanor" style of propaganda. I mean maybe if Romney didn't behave like a jerk the 1rst debate then you'd have a case.... Can we say biased?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
27 lies in one debate

last time I checked, 27 is larger than 17

They probably won't admit that either though

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yeah, like I really believe this post. Nothing like "pretend to be an undecided voter who was won over because of Bidens demeanor" style of propaganda. I mean maybe if Romney didn't behave like a jerk the 1rst debate then you'd have a case.... Can we say biased?

Part of their hypocrisy, it's ok when their side does it, but if the other side does it, cry foul

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join