It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Without fact checking, I considered the debate to be a tie.

Here's what gets me. It's pretty scary when Joe has out shined the President twice now. First during his speech at the DNC and now the V.P. debate. What does this say about Obama?

It says the President governs and the VP entertains. .... as it should be.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

It looked to me like Biden actually had real knowledge of numbers and facts while Obama just struggles to remember what he's supposed to say. Obvious by all of Obama's uuuuhhhhhs throughout his debate.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The best news source quote I read was:

"Biden was defending the middle class, Ryan was defending Romney"

And THAT is the difference folks...

and how can ppl even take issue with this? i mean seriously, did some of us watch the same debate? biden was all about the ppl, while ryan was bragging about romney's individual charity contributions...folks, cmon...
edit on 12-10-2012 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

How is Biden really defending anyone when the growing debt is getting ready to consume this entire country?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beatbox

The best news source quote I read was:

"Biden was defending the middle class, Ryan was defending Romney"

And THAT is the difference folks...

and how can ppl even take issue with this? i mean seriously, did some of us watch the same debate? biden was all about the ppl, while ryan was bragging about romney's individual charity contributions...folks, cmon...

Biden talked a lot about the middle class, but the fact is that in the last 4 years the middle class has seen their income decline, they have seen their cost for healthcare increase while their benefits and coverage decreased. Many have lost their insurance despite Obama's promise that you will get to keep your health care.
Biden can talk about the middle class all day long but that doesn't change the reality that Obama has lied to them and failed them and will continue to do so if reelected.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Like it or not folks, the topic of conversation today on all shows and all newspapers is BIDEN.

It's like Ryan wasn't even there, everyone is talking about Biden. The Left is loving him, the Right is hating him.

Biden did his job, he turned Ryan into a footnote and he got the Left excited again.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Biden did his job, he turned Ryan into a footnote and he got the Left excited again.

^^^This

While in the first debate, Romney bullied the moderator; in this debate, Biden more appropriately chose to bully Ryan instead. Biden Made Ryan look like an inexperienced juvenile.

I think this facebook post from Bil Maher summed it up nicely: "All that's left is for Biden to throw Ryan a handkerchief and say: "Here, clean yourself up kid"

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This thread provides little hope that we will ever resolve our differences in this country and work together for our common interests.

Sad. So very sad.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
(paraphrase) Biden whining .... 'we didn't know that Libya needed more protection. The 'intelligence' didn't tell us. It's their fault.

(paraphrase) Biden moments later ... 'don't worry about Iran getting a nuclear weapon. 'Intelligence' tells us they don't have it. Everyone calm down and trust 'intelligence' and the White House.

Seriously .. who buys this crap? One minute dodging responsibility and throwing 'Intelligence' under the bus for Libya and then in the next saying how we should all trust them and 'Intelligence'. Yeah right.

Oh .. that's right .. O-bots like Bill Maher.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ventura for President.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
My reactions as the debate occurred:

Biden was so disrespectful and spent a great deal of time sneering and laughing meanly at Ryan. Ryan was respectful of Biden and of the debate process and the American people who they were supposed to be talking to.

Martha was clearly biased, letting Biden constantly rudely interrupt, and asking Ryan questions that Biden would have been expected to ask.

Joe clearly LIED about knowing immediately about why/how the embassy murders happened. If, being generous to a fault Obama didn't know - then the administration is clearly incompetent.
Playing with numbers back and forth is one thing, lying about the cause of murders is very serious, and lying to the American people and the UN saying a youtube video caused it is vicious and heinous lying. Obama is not treating the murders seriously at all when they blame everything on a very poorly done and ugly youtube video, how unconscionable. All the other issues they disagreed on were disagreements and opposing viewpoints of the same numbers, national security is not a numbers game, it is life and death.

Out of the 2 men:

I pray Biden never becomes a sneering, laughing President.

Ryan would make a good President.

That is the reason we need the VP debate,

because there is a chance (God forbid) the winning team will end up with the VP being President.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

One more observation I need to mention:

Biden closed with ""The President and I won't rest until the playing field is level"

That is another way of saying we won't rest until we are a communist country.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

By the way, I see Obama's governing ability the same as Paul Ryan does...

We’ve got to tackle this debt crisis before it tackles us. The president likes to say he has a plan. He gave a speech. We asked his budget office, “Can we see the plan?” They sent us to the press secretary. He gave us a copy of the speech. We asked the Congressional Budget Office, “Tell us what President Obama’s plan is to prevent a debt crisis.” They said, “It’s a speech, we can’t estimate speeches.”

You see, that’s what we get in this administration -- speeches -- but we’re not getting leadership.

www.washingtonpost.com... t11-running-transcript/2012/10/11/a5167f1e-13cd-11e2-ba83-a7a396e6b2a7_story_4.html

Obama wasted the first two years of his presidency pushing and defending Obamacare and has spent the last two years giving speeches. I think this has been the longest presidential campaign in history. All you have to do is go to the Whitehouse's website speech page to see how far back he's been campaigning.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Biden was so disrespectful and spent a great deal of time sneering and laughing meanly at Ryan.

Yeah, that constant laughing and that joker smile I thought was disturbing. I mean is it appropriate to be laughing at the lousy state of the economy? The state of the world unraveling?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I think it's called nervous laughter.

When you don't know how to defend a statement, you laugh to make people think your opponent is lying and making it up, instead of responding to it directly. I think Joe was just trying to keep from looking like a whipped pup, much like Obama with his head down and silent.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by daryllyn
I think Biden is acting like a child.

Snickering, smirking, interrupting.

This is serious business and he should act accordingly.

It's embarrassing.

And Ryan is acting like a corrupt lawyer.

Maybe he will send your son to Iran?

You can always hope

Notice that I never endorsed either party.

My insulting Biden doesn't automatically mean I was supporting Ryan.

Just to be clear.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm startled to read the comments this morning - are we even from the same planet?

Biden did a great Wizard of Oz, Ryan did a great Truman Show..

Pushing back on the moderator for control and time is one thing, even Ryan did that quietly if you paid attention. Biden was an imbecile the whole time - if you NEEDED someone to stand up "in person" for you because you can only lob insults through a keyboard, I'm sure Biden made you feel better. Proving yet again the part of "tolerance" is anything but - there is no difference between this behavior and theocratic behavior of the Right. Hypocrites.

Ryan couldn't have been worse prepared for the $5 Trillion questions - they weren't a surprise. Down to the wording it wasn't a surprise what was going to be asked. How did that escape debate prep? His closest to "specifics" were the $1.1/1.2T blurb that faded like cheap gum.

I have seen no reason to believe that there will be a substantiate difference between Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan. After the POTUS debate, the way POTUS has behaved since, and Biden last night - I'm voting Romney/Ryan just to get the smug insolent @#$%! out of the limelight. They're far more interested in pandering to the ignorance and intolerance of their base than anything else. At least R/R would be a change of tone away from the self-loathing today.

#DownsizeDC

-Mags
edit on 12-10-2012 by Insurrection because: Language

edit on 12-10-2012 by Insurrection because: *headdesk*

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Biden lost to me because of his lack of respect.

Had to say it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

And I'll be voting for Obama to keep that smug corporatist Romney out of office.

Funny how that works.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join