It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I thought Ryan won, but that both candidates made their points well and the general public is probably going to see it as something of a draw. The wildcard is clearly going to be Joe Biden's antics and whether or not he turned off a few independents with that whole act. I wouldn't expect it to have a huge impact, mind you, since most people aren't going to base their vote on a VP debate.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It's clear Biden won the debate. He was on fire. If you say otherwise then it's also clear that you have an agenda.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagyarVagyok
So pathetic , and funny, how Fox news try to show how Biden was so aggressive , and was making faces and laughing about Ryan... Well if someone next to me lying about everything the most respectful "just" smiling at him. I would say, son you are a liar, just go home ....this is not for you. Biden was a big winner tonight , and that spoiled rich kid , just chocked in his own lies...

what's with the blatant disinformation ? .. biden told his own lies .. he was aggressive and tried to call ryan out which I give him credit for .. I like seeing the aggressiveness .. the problem is, he went overboard from aggressive to downright rude .. biden also told inaccuracies ON TOP of being a rude and condescending grump .. that cancelled out his good points

to be quite honest, biden came off as desperate to me .. he knows obama was massacred last week so he felt pressure to come out and jump on ryan .. he overdid it and it backfired

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beatbox
It's clear Biden won the debate. He was on fire. If you say otherwise then it's also clear that you have an agenda.

if you call distorting and lying while talking over your opponent and interrupting and talking over your opponent 80+ times, all the while laughing at your opponent while talking about serious issues and being a condescending dbag towards your opponent then yes he most definitely won

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagyarVagyok
So pathetic , and funny, how Fox news try to show how Biden was so aggressive , and was making faces and laughing about Ryan...

So pathetic, and funny, how the far left is dismissing BIdens attitude and body language.

So pathetic, and funny, how the FACT CHECKERS are exposing the lies of Biden and Ryan
but the left is ignoring that their guy LIED and instead saying he was absolutely wonderful.
So pathetic, and funny, how MSNBC is spinning the debate this morning.

The debate was pretty tied up.
The dems are madly in love with Joe Biden this morning, which in of itself is pretty sad.
The republicans say Paul Ryan won.

The FACT CHECKERS say that both of them lied and got things wrong.
But the (D) and (R) cheerleaders have their fingers stuck in their ears and won't listen to that truth.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am not a R, and not a D. I just laughing about how pathetic is a Republican party , and Fox news. I 'am supporting Ron Paul . It is clear both R, and D party is lying, but for me yesterday night Biden won big time... That spoiled millionaire didn't get what he wanted, and chocked his own lies against Biden lies, if you like better this description. People so naive if they think either party is better than the others , and they are here to help for a middle class Americans . They are both criminals against humanity ...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
In the first presidential debate, Romney beat Obama; not based upon the substance of his words, but on his command of the debate (usually Obama's strong suit).

Similarly, in the vice presidential debate, Biden beat Ryan; not based upon the substance of his words, but on his arrogance, over confidence and douchbagery (usually Ryan's strong suit).

Many lies and half truths have been told by both sides. It will be interesting to see where the next two debates take us. Will the train wreck continue, or will one of the two candidates right the ship?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Joe kicked the kid's ass last night. I thought it was 90 minutes of good clean fun, and if Ryan could've bitch-slapped Joe he sure as hell would have. Let's face it, if you hate Obama or if you are desperate for the GOP to win this election, then you are pissed that Biden was rude to Ryan and socked him around a little. But Ryan can take the heat. He's a big boy, and he's taken and given worse.

When Obama got beat up by Romney, the DNC admitted it and carried on from there. Let's see how the GOP deals with a little ear boxing of their own wonderboy here. So far, they seem to be crybabying all over the web, but maybe they'll get a nutsack together and move on. Who knows. Today will be a good test of whether the GOP and the conservatives in this society have what it takes to be the party with the abuse target painted on it for a change. It's not easy being a grownup in this nasty little world, but only grownups can lead us out of the mess we're in as a nation.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The Debate, in one minute.

Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
The Debate, in one minute.

Nuff said.

Joe's got a great sense of humor.

And irony.

It was 90 minutes of fun TV.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Sorry.

Im not even a Romney supporter. Im an Independent.

The State of this Country, is not a laughing matter.

If I want laughs, I would rather watch Comedy Central. He made himself look foolish. Desperate.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by NorEaster

Sorry.

Im not even a Romney supporter. Im an Independent.

The State of this Country, is not a laughing matter.

If I want laughs, I would rather watch Comedy Central. He made himself look foolish. Desperate.

So....when you look at the sky on a sunny day....what color do you see?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
1. It is frightening how the measure of mental or spiritual maturity too often has no correlation to chronological age.

2. On the opinion of abortion, if once outside the doors of your church you espouse an opposing set of values to when inside, who then is the real soul I am seeing.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
sorry, but everytime i look at ryan, he looks like the "son" from the old TV show "the MUNSTERS" he was called eddy munster...plus, it's easy to say your going to cut the budget, so vote for me...people in america already have seen how republicans cut budgets by simply seeing how they do it in the various states under their control, and the cuts always fall on the poor and middle class. this isn't some big secret, and that's why people want details.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
1. It is frightening how the measure of mental or spiritual maturity too often has no correlation to chronological age.

2. On the opinion of abortion, if once outside the doors of your church you espouse an opposing set of values to when inside, who then is the real soul I am seeing.

If you would drag your god out of your church to impose it on the society as a whole, then someone needs to prevent you from ever becoming powerful enough to be successful in doing so. This is a free society that is not ruled by theocratic laws. If a person honestly believes that their god sees abortion as murder, then that's something they have to deal with in their own life. A majority of American believe that abortion is NOT murder, and political leaders work FOR the American people. Not for their own personal version of what they believe their god demands of them. This is the difference between being a public servant and a private citizen.

Public SERVANT = serving the public.

Get it?

Conservatives often have a real hard time making that connection. They seem to want to impose their own service to their own version of god on people who have no interest in whatever it is that their god is "telling" them to do or not to do. They really can't see the difference between serving the public and micromanaging the public. And those are the honest, devoted conservatives. I won't even go into the psychopathic liars who manipulate the honest, devout conservatives by whipping them up into a lather against business and environmental regulators in order to clear the way for criminal behavior. That's a whole other breed of social menace.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude77

Originally posted by beatbox

if you call distorting and lying while talking over your opponent and interrupting and talking over your opponent 80+ times, all the while laughing at your opponent while talking about serious issues and being a condescending dbag towards your opponent then yes he most definitely won

its really funny how you ppl are taking biden's laughs out of context but thats neither here nor there...

but please be more specific about theses lies and distortions you talk about...maybe you can be a little MORE specific then person you claim won the debate..lol

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Without fact checking, I considered the debate to be a tie.

Here's what gets me. It's pretty scary when Joe has out shined the President twice now. First during his speech at the DNC and now the V.P. debate. What does this say about Obama?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Was anyone else feeling deja vu while Joe was explaining the "faulty intelligence" and lack of communication as blame for the lack of security in Benghazi?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
sorry, but everytime i look at ryan, he looks like the "son" from the old TV show "the MUNSTERS" he was called eddy munster...plus, it's easy to say your going to cut the budget, so vote for me...people in america already have seen how republicans cut budgets by simply seeing how they do it in the various states under their control, and the cuts always fall on the poor and middle class. this isn't some big secret, and that's why people want details.

And every time I see Biden I think "hair plugs". But appearances and physical characteristics have absolutely nothing to to do with a man's character, common sense, or love for this country. What matters is fulfilling the promises you made. In this regard, Obama and Biden have failed miserably. I don't know how anyone can trust either of them to do anything different from the the first 4 years.

Romney & Ryan have promised to be able to work with the Democrats in Congress to reach a bipartisan solution to closing loopholes. This is a pipe dream. There is no way the Democrats are going to give bipartisanship a second thought if Obama loses. the only hope Romney has of fulfilling his promise is to get a Republican majority in the Senate and House. Without that we are still at the mercy of a Democrat controlled Senate. Good luck getting any substantial spending cuts passed with that scenario.

edit on 10/12/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The best news source quote I read was:

"Biden was defending the middle class, Ryan was defending Romney"

And THAT is the difference folks...

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join