It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by sonnny1

So sonnny1 you would prefer Romney and Ryan who would not only send American forces into Iran but also Sryia and even Stay longer in Afghanistan? which will bring more deaths, more hatred from the people in Afghanistan?

Nope.

I prefer Gary Johnson.

I just find all the Obama, and Biden supporters, ridiculous. Especially after 4 years, of stupidity.

Its not hard to see, that Obama should not be President. Not hard to see that Joe Biden should NEVER have been vice President. His own words, echo what many in his own Party believed.

"Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me." --Joe Biden, speaking at a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sept. 10, 2008

One more Biden Gaffe, just to put things in perspective........

"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008

How can anyone take him seriously?

Can you?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by mademyself1984

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by HostileApostle

The moderator tried really hard to get specifics out of Ryan, he flat out refused.

Now you have to ask yourself, why is he (and Romney) continuing to refuse to give specifics about this? Maybe it's because they know the specifics are going to be extremely unpopular to the American Public?

She didn't try to get a single one out of biden...HMmm

Like i said how much can you explain in 2 mins...that is what I call a trap, and Biden is just sitting back waiting if he did go into it in detail.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Biden wasn't lying his ass off... That is the difference -

Ryan knows if he actually presents his intent, he and Romney will be rejected by the middle of the electorate.

So with all the clamoring for details from Romney/Ryan...somebody please explain to me at what juncture during either debate did Obama or Biden go into great detail to discuss their plan moving forward from their (not even arguably) worst term as President and Vice President achieved by anyone...ever?

Sorry, Bush had the worst presidency ever Alberta Einstain

I'm sorry, but when I've listened to both debates (as a Democrat), I find myself becoming increasingly agitated with the amount of confusion Obama/Biden pretend (I hope) to have regarding the ideas, stances on issues, and potential solutions Romney/Ryan HAVE set forth. All I hear from Obama/Biden...is the same thing they were telling people 4 years ago, before the # storm that is their Presidency crushed our economy and weakened our foreign policy. I'm sorry...I'm not a "war monger", and I certainly don't like paying taxes. I'd welcome a tax cut. I'd welcome affordable health care. I'd welcome a lot of things. Being led by a couple of guys who have shown time and time again that they have no idea what they are doing, and they are out of touch with reality, while lying (I realize they all lie) about how they intend on fixing things...is not something I welcome. Obama said himself, if things didn't turn around, he'd be a one term president...someone explain to me when things "turned around", because with all of these Obama supporters, I surely had to have missed something...

You are not a Democrat, just read the contradictions in your post...

If you don't want to be a loser, stop imitating a loser's behavior.

The facts are available to you. Obama has been worse than Bush...and it is barely debatable And please...explain to me how one could make the determination that I am not a Democrat based off of anything I have said? So my preferential political party produced a horrendous President and I'm not stupid enough to try and convince myself otherwise...that makes me not a registered Democrat? Got it...just a moment...getting my wallet out...Registered Voter's Identification...there it is...yep...Democrat. .

Because your perspective is distorted and ridiculous -

Bush took a perfectly good economy and destroyed it...

America went from losing 750,000 a month due to Bush's management to gaining 5 million jobs
since then.

Either you are a liar or you are possibly retarded -

Right...it's distorted. That's what it is. Our economy isn't horse #. Our foreign policy isn't a joke. Bush might have "destroyed the economy"...he didn't....but I'll concede...and then retort with this: If that were in fact the case (and I won't dispute Obama inherited a mess), at what point did it become Obama's responsibility, to at least make improvements? Not make things worse? Your boy said it himself....If this keeps up he'd be a one term President...I'm retarded?

FACTS

Total jobs lost between Feb 2009-June 2012= 4.62 million. Total jobs created=4.3 million. A difference of -316,000. So no...he hasn't created jobs...he's managed to replace 75 percent of the jobs he lost...for comparison's sake...Bill Clinton, in his first term, produced 11.6 million jobs. In George Bush's first term, he lost 165,000 jobs. Not 4 million. The current GDP output gap as of right now, is 2.6 TRILLION dollars. Unemployment is still more than 3 points higher than it was when he took office. The loans to the auto industry began under George Bush in 2008, before the election. Spending to GDP ratios are higher than they were at the end of World War II. Revenue to GDP ratios are lower than they were at the end of World War II. Since becoming president, he has added over 5 trillion dollars to the national debt. In Reagan's TWO terms as president, the debt increased 19 points. In Bush senior's first term, it raised 11 points. In George W's two terms, it raised 13.3 points. Obama has raised the debt 20 points...more than Reagan did in 8 years. More than Bush Senior and Clinton did combined, and almost double what George W did in 8 years.

Median household income has decreased nearly $5,000. 30 % of unemployed workers have been out of work for over a year, the highest that number has EVER been. 39 straight months of +8 % unemployment. The longest streak of an unemployment rate that high, EVER. The number of Americans on food stamps has increased by 70 percent during his presidency. 50 % of college graduates are unemployed, or employed below their level of schooling/training. Home prices are the lowest they have been in since 2002. The number of home owners is at a decade long low. Obama axed NASA's manned space program. He has raised more money from Wall Street than any president before him, and has raised more money than all GOP candidates combined, during this election, alone. The last budget passed under his leadership was in 2009. Gas, the day Obama took office, cost on average $1.95 per gallon. It now averages $3.72 per gallon. The deficit, a staggering 229 BILLION dollars, is the largest deficit in the history of the United States. America no longer has a AAA credit rating, lost during Obama's presidency, due to the decrease in the value of the dollar. Obama has added more debt, in 38 months, than bush did in two full terms as President....damn you George Bush...right? Got it.
edit on 10/12/2012 by mademyself1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Paul Ryan-44%
Joe Biden-52%
Neither-4%

@ 4:30 AM

Source
edit on 12-10-2012 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2012 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
campanionator,

the 5 million jobs created has already been proven false .. and by the way obama mentioned this in the debate .. a sneaky little lie by omission .. but of course that lie doesn't count because it's obama ..

What Obama did not say, however, was that the nation shed 4.3 million jobs during the early days of his term, and that the net gain since he took the oath of office in January 2009 is just 125,000 jobs.

www.cnn.com...

not to mention 15 million more people on food stamps for a grand total of 47 million or about a 6th of the population receiving aid for food .. obama's budding welfare state coming along nicely ..

it's funny watching people trying to spin obama's failure as president

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Right...it's distorted. That's what it is. Our economy isn't horse #.

Uhhh, the Dow is at 13,000 points up from 7,000

We are not longer losing 750,000 jobs a month

Exports are up 35%

Manufacturing is at it's highest level in over 30 years-

You are an imposture and your views are distorted

Our foreign policy isn't a joke. Bush might have "destroyed the economy"...he didn't....but I'll concede...and then retort with this: If that were in fact the case (and I won't dispute Obama inherited a mess), at what point did it become Obama's responsibility, to at least make improvements? Not make things worse? Your boy said it himself....If this keeps up he'd be a one term President...I'm retarded?

Things are better - did we lose 750,00 jobs this month???

How is it worse to gain jobs?

Please explain in ENGLISH how it is worse to gain jobs???

FACTS

Total jobs lost between Feb 2009-June 2012= 4.62 million.

FROM 2009

For the first three months of the year, 2 million jobs have been lost, and 5.1 million jobs have been lost since the start of 2008.

To put the three-month loss in context, if no more jobs are lost over the next nine months, 2009 would still be the fourth worst year for job losses since the government started tracking the number of workers in 1939.

March's monthly loss is up slightly from the loss of 651,000 jobs in February, although it's less than the number of jobs lost in January. That figure was revised up to a loss of 741,000 jobs -- which now stands as the biggest monthly drop in 59 years.

money.cnn.com...

FACT Bush's fiscal policies sunsetted in OCTOBER 2009

The U.S. Government's fiscal year starts on October 1. In nomenclature, if a fiscal year covers more than one calendar year it is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, the U.S. government's fiscal year from October 1, 2008 to September 30, 2009 is called "FY 09."

The economy lost most of it's jobs before Bush's policies expired

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude77
campanionator,

the 5 million jobs created has already been proven false .. and by the way obama mentioned this in the debate .. a sneaky little lie by omission .. but of course that lie doesn't count because it's obama ..

What Obama did not say, however, was that the nation shed 4.3 million jobs during the early days of his term, and that the net gain since he took the oath of office in January 2009 is just 125,000 jobs.

www.cnn.com...

not to mention 15 million more people on food stamps for a grand total of 47 million or about a 6th of the population receiving aid for food .. obama's budding welfare state coming along nicely ..

it's funny watching people trying to spin obama's failure as president

Why yes, you have to replace the jobs that were destroyed, did you think the jobs went into a
closet to hideout?

FROM 2009

For the first three months of the year, 2 million jobs have been lost, and 5.1 million jobs have been lost since the start of 2008.

To put the three-month loss in context, if no more jobs are lost over the next nine months, 2009 would still be the fourth worst year for job losses since the government started tracking the number of workers in 1939.

March's monthly loss is up slightly from the loss of 651,000 jobs in February, although it's less than the number of jobs lost in January. That figure was revised up to a loss of 741,000 jobs -- which now stands as the biggest monthly drop in 59 years.

money.cnn.com...

FACT Bush's fiscal policies sunsetted in OCTOBER 2009

The U.S. Government's fiscal year starts on October 1. In nomenclature, if a fiscal year covers more than one calendar year it is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, the U.S. government's fiscal year from October 1, 2008 to September 30, 2009 is called "FY 09."

edit on 12-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Keep chasing your tail. And while you are at it, please feel free to at some point verbalize to me at what point this country became Obama's responsibility...
edit on 10/12/2012 by mademyself1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Keep chasing your tail.

Keep lying to yourself with impunity

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Keep chasing your tail.

The only people lying to themselves are those that refuse to acknowledge Barack Obama has done nothing to deserve four more years as the POTUS...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

BIden didn't address noto one of Ryans comments on Obamas failed promises

I understand, but if Romney/Ryan win they will have failed promises too..they all do, and they never explain these broken promises.

Thing is, I think that before they get in, they think they can do more than they can..but find out that it's not all up to them. I'm not making excuses [makes me mad too], but I've seen this over & over again.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Keep chasing your tail.

The only people lying to themselves are those that refuse to acknowledge Barack Obama has done nothing to deserve four more years as the POTUS...

America is still here, Osama's dead, the manufacturing sector is growing for the first time in decades, my house is starting to gain value again, I am making money again, we are finally exporting products, American car companies are still alive, we are out of Iraq and things are looking up.

I'm tired of being negative and down on America

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Keep chasing your tail.

America is still here, Osama's dead, the manufacturing sector is growing for the first time in decades, my house is starting to gain value again, I am making money again, we are finally exporting products, American car companies are still alive, we are out of Iraq and things are looking up.

Ah, so you are voting based on the premise that Obama can turn a complete 180 in 4 years. So the first 4 apathetic years don't count. That's reasonable...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He said, Ambassador Stevens, and Three brave americans.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Keep chasing your tail.

Ah, so you are voting based on the premise that Obama can turn a complete 180 in 4 years. So the first 4 apathetic years don't count. That's reasonable...

I am voting on the premise that things are improving -

Long term structural things are improving such as Exports, Manufacturing and Housing.

It has been a rough period for America and I think Obama has been a steady hand,
edit on 12-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

reply to post by campanionator

spin spin spin .. you must be getting dizzy .. first of all .. he lied .. straight from that link .. it was 4.4 million created, not 5 million .. and the 4.4 mil jobs created doesn't hold when at the end the net is 125k .. that's his true production as president .. a net gain of 125,000 jobs ..

also, job creation isn't keeping up with population growth .. there's no way that 7.8 figure is accurate .. I'll bet you on that ..

also, unempl rate held steady over 8% for almost all of obama's term and the true unempl rate at the moment is much higher than that .. not sure why anyone would be behind those kind of results ..

you have no defense for this other than spin spin spin OR attack Romney even though he's not the one who's been running the country for the last 4 years ..

dems are in panic mode .. you have that cutter lady now actually trying to blame romney for making an issue out of our ambassador being killed .. she thinks we shouldn't be talking about that .. nothing to see here .. and already biden's been caught lying in the debate ..

so lets see .. more lies from obama and biden .. no new plan to expect from them and a failed record ..

Romney has his flaws but lets not act like obama's doing a good job .. he's not ... he's come up short as president

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Keep chasing your tail.

I am voting on the premise that things are improving -

Long term structural things are improving such as Exports, Manufacturing and Housing.

It has been a rough period for America and I think Obama has been a steady hand.

So...if this is a steady hand...I'm scared to consider what thousands upon thousands of people consider "unsteady"....if that's what Obama camp is using to make an "educated" vote...it's been four years...it's time to let go...So, in the last 7 or 8 weeks of Obama's first term he's made up for the first 200 or so...that's what I'm being led to believe...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What I find most disturbing about this thread is how dems /libtards are calling Biden's constant grinning, "confidence". Sorry but I find nothing humourous in the state that obama has left our country over the past 4 years. NOTHING going on is a laughing matter. I dont care what kind of spin you put on biden's behaviour last nite, arent you at least concerned that he finds so many serious things "funny?"

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I was really impressed with Bidens abilities. He was on his game, aside from the few stutters, and really pointed out a lot of HUGE distinctions, but with no difference in their stances. Which makes the romney/ryan ticket look so much worse wailing about complaining about how Obama handles everything. Nice to see them admit they would handle a lot the exact same way, when pressed for details.

We still weren't able to get any details aside from a vague promise, about what will be included in the tightening of tax write off's to fill the 5 trillion dollar revenue reduction garnered by promising a 20% across the board tax cut.

Ryans down fall was his lack of willingness to outright lie, like Romney repeatedly did during his debate. Dont get me wrong, Ryan lied a few times himself.. But he didnt just reject party platforms he previously took, the way Romney did in the primaries.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Polls and opinions are all over the place on this one

dailycaller.com...

I guess if you are a Democrat Biden won, and if you are Republican Ryan won, and Indies go either way. (although my personal opinion is that if one has to be a complete a^^ to win,then something is wrong )
edit on 12-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
So pathetic , and funny, how Fox news try to show how Biden was so aggressive , and was making faces and laughing about Ryan... Well if someone next to me lying about everything the most respectful "just" smiling at him. I would say, son you are a liar, just go home ....this is not for you. Biden was a big winner tonight , and that spoiled rich kid , just chocked in his own lies...

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join