It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Biden lost to me because of his lack of respect.

Had to say it.

So Biden lost because he whooped Ryan too much, that's classic.

It's so funny watching the reactions to this debate.

Not one person is talking about Ryan. It's either Biden won because he was aggressive and called out Ryan on all of his lies, or it's Biden lost because he was too mean.

Apparently, the debate consisted of Biden and the moderator, I swear there was some other guy there, but no one seems to be talking about him.

That right there should tell everyone who won.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Not one person is talking about Ryan. .

You keep repeating that like it's a good thing.

Biden was a car wreck. This morning, people are driving by and rubbernecking the wreck. They can't take their eyes off the mess. People are not talking about Biden in a positive manner this morning. It's strange how those facts come out when they are filtered through your far left luv affair filter .. like it's a good thing for Biden or something.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
reply to post by grandmakdw

That is another way of saying we won't rest until we are a communist country.

It's scary that people actually believe that Obama and Biden are trying to turn America into a communist country.
Do you even realize how utterly impossible that is?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Biden lost to me because of his lack of respect.

Had to say it.

So Biden lost because he whooped Ryan too much, that's classic.

It's so funny watching the reactions to this debate.

Not one person is talking about Ryan. It's either Biden won because he was aggressive and called out Ryan on all of his lies, or it's Biden lost because he was too mean.

Apparently, the debate consisted of Biden and the moderator, I swear there was some other guy there, but no one seems to be talking about him.

That right there should tell everyone who won.

The other guy was Eddie Munster... he got his wittle feewlings hurted too

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
It's scary that people actually believe that Obama and Biden are trying to turn America into a communist country.

Do you even realize how utterly impossible that is?

I also find this particular repeated sentiment curious - there is a huge difference between Communism and poor application of social programs. It's a "Red Scare" tactic that doesn't help their cause. The "Truth", as it were, is bad enough when it comes to the DEMs and GOP.. no reason to Paula Dean some butter on their and alienate the small slice of people looking for better signal to noise. -Mags

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here's a couple of interesting things to chew on after last night's debate..

Biden Claims He Voted Against Afghanistan, Iraq Wars

Vice President Joe Biden accused Rep. Paul Ryan of putting two wars on the “credit card,” and then suggested he voted against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

“By the way, they talk about this great recession like it fell out of the sky–like, ‘Oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” Biden said. “It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, at the same time, put a prescription drug plan on the credit card, a trillion dollar tax cut for the very wealthy.”

“I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

ts4.mm.bing.net...
The Joker

ts2.mm.bing.net...
Eddie Munster

ts3.mm.bing.net...
Obama in drag
(remember he gave her hubby a job and went to her wedding)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

I'm not hearing a lot of positive things about Biden.

His clear lack of regard for the seriousness of the situation is telling. Shouldn't the experienced one, as so many have put it, been able to keep a straight face?

At least Ryan wasn't laughing the whole time. He is the greener of the two and I would have been more inclined to expect bad behavior from him versus his seasoned counterpart.

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing either party, I'm strictly speaking about the behavior during the debate. My picking on Biden for laughing childishly does not imply that I am supporting Ryan. Just to be clear.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Here's a couple of interesting things to chew on after last night's debate..

Biden Claims He Voted Against Afghanistan, Iraq Wars

Vice President Joe Biden accused Rep. Paul Ryan of putting two wars on the “credit card,” and then suggested he voted against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

“By the way, they talk about this great recession like it fell out of the sky–like, ‘Oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” Biden said. “It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, at the same time, put a prescription drug plan on the credit card, a trillion dollar tax cut for the very wealthy.”

“I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”

This is one of several lies Biden told that did not get challenged by the moderator or the Left leaning members here on ATS. I guess it is easier to just gloss over these glaring inconsistencies (lies) and gloat that Biden was his usual obnoxious self.
I am glad he demanded specifics from Ryan though. Ryan should have been prepared for this. Instead his answer was weak and basically said that a bipartisan approach would be necessary to close the loopholes. This is wishful thinking and a recipe for disaster...The Republicans are not going to get bipartisan support for cutting spending or closing loopholes. They need a majority in the Senate and House to get anything done.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Biden was a car wreck. This morning, people are driving by and rubbernecking the wreck. They can't take their eyes off the mess. People are not talking about Biden in a positive manner this morning. It's strange how those facts come out when they are filtered through your far left luv affair filter .. like it's a good thing for Biden or something.

Only the right wingers, would you expect anything less?

The left wing is talking about how fired up they are about Biden's performance. You really can't deny this, it is a fact. If you believe otherwise, please show me some left wing source that is saying Biden did horrible?

Of course the right wing is crying about Biden being too mean. But what you don't understand is that if the Right wing (including you) really thought Ryan won, they would be praising him, they would be talking about him. Instead, they are just crying about how mean Biden was.

I'm enjoying this desperation, it's entertaining.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I didn't get to watch it

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Depends on who you are listening to, and I can guess who you are listening to if you aren't hearing a lot of positives.

Yeah yeah, I know...no one is "endorsing" Romney/Ryan this morning. No one wants to endorse a beaten down candidate. It's so funny.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Biden talked a lot about the middle class, but the fact is that in the last 4 years the middle class has seen their income decline, they have seen their cost for healthcare increase while their benefits and coverage decreased. Many have lost their insurance despite Obama's promise that you will get to keep your health care.
Biden can talk about the middle class all day long but that doesn't change the reality that Obama has lied to them and failed them and will continue to do so if reelected.

What you are saying that these were tough 4 years, but it's hardly news to anybody. Financial crises of the proportions we witnessed can hardly vanish without a trace as if nothing happened, we are still in the shadows of that. How that's Obama or Biden's fault, beats me. If anything, they did too little to regulate the financial sector.

As to the healthcare, the US has been having the cost problem for many years now, a long time before Obama took office. And again you are trying to hang it on Obama. Frankly, it's pretty clear that there are countries in the world which manage their healthcare resources a lot better than we do. They don't have the same scale of cost problem. And it beats me why we can't face the reality that we are doing things wrong. What Obama tried to do was an attempt to correct this, but alas, we are too backward to do anything radical, and what came out was indeed suboptimal.

The system we have now is OK with a lot of people uninsured, and with costs going up at a brisk pace, because some influential people make tons and tons of money. There is no mechanism that's there by default, to prevent this form happening. So we end up with dumb statements from the likes of GWB, who claimed that every American has access to medical care since you can always get to the Emergency Room. And that coming from a person who enjoyed quality preventive care for all of his life...

Sorry, but the market doesn't always create a system or situation that makes sense. Health of the nation is concern of the nation, and from that point of view Obama was right to attempt and do something about it. Again, for the likes of Ryan, what do they care.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I didn't get to watch it

Dude! You would have LOVED it!!

Biden turned all their "bullying" around on them and wiped the floor with Ryan!!

He did to Ryan what faux news tries to do to the rest of the world on a daily basis! It was CLASSIC!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
But from reading the replies it is NO surprise the right wing acts like they won, even if they lost. It's a childish and an actual good propaganda technique. If you don't admit you lost then that won't be a narrative on the non-entertainment kind of news.

edit on 12-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Only the right wingers, would you expect anything less?

The left wing is talking about how fired up they are about Biden's performance. You really can't deny this, it is a fact. If you believe otherwise, please show me some left wing source that is saying Biden did horrible?

Of course the right wing is crying about Biden being too mean. But what you don't understand is that if the Right wing (including you) really thought Ryan won, they would be praising him, they would be talking about him. Instead, they are just crying about how mean Biden was.

I'm enjoying this desperation, it's entertaining.

While the left may be fired up and extremely happy that Biden didn't stick his foot in his mouth, I think the independents are much less impressed by Biden's performance. I have yet to see a huge swing in the polls as a result of this debate.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Sorry it is not impossible to turn us into a communist party.

The government now owns/controls through Obama care all of the health care industry.
The government took over a major auto maker and now owns/controls it.
Obama has passed a presidential edict that makes it legal for him to have and control a personal kill list; and to incarcerate Americans for "suspicious' activity.
The Obama administration has tried over and over to heavily censor and control the internet, radio and television.
Veterans who speak out against the government, not do anything, just speak, have been involuntarily held in mental institutions without telling their families where they are.
Black Panthers stand at polling places with batons sneering at non-blacks to try and intimidate them without any penalty.
47% of Americans are now dependent upon the government to survive financially, a few more and the government will control the majority of American's finances and dependent upon the whims of the government and beholding to the government.
The government is openly repressing the free exercise of religion with Obamacare forcing employers who don't believe in abortion to pay for it through their insurance coverage of employees; not allowing students to pray in school (even just to themselves in the cafeteria).
The government is now taking home make sack lunches away from children and forcing them to eat chicken nuggets provided by the government.
I could go on and on and on.

Remember, there are elections in Russia and other communist countries, it doesn't makes them any less communist.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

I'm hearing a lot of positive - I'm just not hearing out of the context of people being really satisfied with the tone Biden took. Biden did a poor impersonation of Christopher Hitchens without the facts, without the transparency, without the integrity, and without the humor.

If people really "liked" what happened last night, they're part of the problem. There were no solutions brought to the table - so those Biden people are basically saying they just want to make sure ~their~ guy gets some pouding done. How is that going to help us fix anything?

They're every bit the hypocrites the Right is. It's vomit inducing. -Mags

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

It is frustrating that's for sure, and while the debate was lively at times, I don't think it will make a difference in the long run.

Folks from either side will stand their ground, despite what was said or how they looked, in the end it's up to each voter to make their own decision.

This snip of an opinion piece echoes what I took from the VP debate:

www.cnn.com

...Overall, it was a draw. Liberals will probably appreciate that Biden did what Obama failed to do last week: He took the debate to the Republicans and called out their "malarkey." But moderate voters might take offense at his combative tone, which often bordered on rude. By contrast, Ryan's softer, more wonkish style might strike floating voters as weak. But he could also score among those looking for calm and reason rather than heated rhetoric...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So I have been watching Fox News, MSNBC, and listening to both right/left wing radio this morning.

There is so much excitement on the left this morning.

The right wing shows are a lot of anger and very sad voices.

How long can people still try to claim that Ryan won?

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join