It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

but it is that little guy in green

Green is it?

X.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Xoanon

The CIA isn't the Wizard... but it is that little guy in green who answers the door when one knocks asking for a heart, courage, or a brain.

~Heff

ETA: Combine the two machines.... then think 10 years ahead of what we have now in the public domain. Imagine a world where the fifteen blogs you wrote on Blogspot could be used to check for word patterns, predispositions, typo's.... everything... and then fed through a series of matrices designed to "label".
edit on 10/2/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

Very echelonish and all

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
reply to post by Hefficide

Heuristics is only one approach to running the machine.

Had you come to the conclusion that the wizard was and is the CIA?

For many of us the yellow brick road seemed to lead to a different wizard...

The Men In Black (OPs) The Aviary and UFOs

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sometimes denying ignorance becomes more than a catch-phrase.

Heff: Sure Heuristics and some meta-magikal-computer is sifting tons of information for the occasional "flag" as you suggest. That's the data-mining angle.

Then we have the scientist/alchemist who has a different job and must inch closer to the sociological animal and create memetic potions. A lil' more hands-on approach if'n you know what I mean.

All to the good and all I'm sure, ahem, of course and indubitably.

edit on 2-10-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Actually it's a totally aware carnivore in an oasis.

Since we're waxing poetic.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Know what you mean? Click on my profile and read some of my threads!

Descartes was an amateur.

I think therefore I am.... I think what I think because my senses are open ports and are vulnerable to attack.

If only we had mental firewalls....

~Heff

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Advantage

Actually it's a totally aware carnivore in an oasis.

Since we're waxing poetic.

~Heff

Hey I made that word up.. its an original.

“Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.”
― Mark Twain

Problem with the truth is.. folks will run in weird circles making crazy assumptions waving their hands about and shouting.. refusing to "deny ignorance" and have their mouths hanging open like baby birds waiting for some half chewed up food to fall in. .
Im not a poet.. but I wanted to give an amusing visual pic. I can see this in my head, you know.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

oh I am well aware it is being monitored in some sense, actually had a dream about it, but to be afraid of that would be the equivalent of my own demise.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Corporate Providence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Advantage:

folks will run in weird circles...

I get a lot of entertainment value from realizing that it was inevitable and it is ironic that ATS should find itself eating its own tail, in a Strange Loop.

And to whom it may concern? I love it here, I was minted for this place when I finished the final volume of Wilson's Illuminatus Trilogy when I was very, very young.

You built it, and we came. Just like in the movie.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Xoanon because: geez

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You've just described Google, Yahoo, any and all online surveys, what happens when you use either your credit or your debit card, the information that your cable company compiles when you use "on demand", and any number of other daily or customary activities.

I might also point out that one can go to almost any conspiracy based site and see that it's not just ATS that gets singled out with these types of accusations.

Now, either I'm an honest guy making honest statements... or I'm a highly trained NSA employee, or Cybercommand technician, sitting at work and going through the unbelievably taxing ordeal of trying to create a fake persona - that is contrived and doesn't represent me at all.

The Internet is awesome. But it's also a place where one can say anything they wish. And, if they're smart, then can even make it appear to be well sourced and true. Last night, for example, I came across a thread based upon a blog, that blog - in turn - was based upon another blog which was, in turn - based upon yet another blog. About eight blogs deep into it I realized that I'd found a circle. There was no actual source beyond the circle of blogs.

Misinformation, disinformation, lies, memes, trolling, keyboard courage, the rantings of the depraved, stealth marketing, people who hoax for kicks... all out there. And much of it really appears legit. But isn't.

On these sites you're referencing that ATS resolves to Langley, Virginia. With some very simple tools and a bit of know-how you can disprove this on your own.

Which leads me to my point. Always question what you read online - even what I'm saying. Check, double check, and then still suspect.

This amazing place gives everyone a voice - and some of those voices just love the lulz and other have agendas.

Personally, I have OCD and ADHD so my agendas are cunning and evil, but I lose interest in them after about eight minutes because I get distracted by shiny stuff.

~Heff

ETA: Do I get another "oh.... you..."? I The first one made me smile!

edit on 10/2/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

So let me see if I got you on this Hefficide. Your saying the internet is a unreliable place to get the straight dope. the truth as it tends to be, don't take everything to heart because it may be just ramblings backed up by more ramblings working to create it's own reality. Don't trust it. I'm with you man.

I got to say you the typingist You throw out paragraphs and pages effortlessly.

You promote the idea of having an alternative personality or purpose, against the alternative but just as likely idea that you are not being anything but genuine. This duality of possibilities in the story you tell, initiates the decision making process in my thinking. and I like that. If you do work for NSA, you're under paid.

I agree there are much more efficient ways to track us individuals that we readily agree to.The reaction of ATS members to certain words, I don't believe is a worth while study. Couldn't get funding. Forget about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Know what you mean? Click on my profile and read some of my threads!

Descartes was an amateur.

I think therefore I am.... I think what I think because my senses are open ports and are vulnerable to attack.

If only we had mental firewalls....

~Heff

That's a wicked mind-eff of a link!

We love ya, Heff! I know you fight the battle too. You've got a mental firewall out of necessity and a warrior's spirit.

Besides the Borg works pretty nifty: I feel better just for getting some o' this outta my system: GUT is a valuable test subject.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
Advantage:

folks will run in weird circles...

I get a lot of entertainment value from realizing that it was inevitable and it is ironic that ATS should find itself eating its own tail, in a Strange Loop.

And to whom it may concern? I love it here, I was minted for this place when I finished the final volume of Wilson's Illuminatus Trilogy when I was very, very young.

You built it, and we came. Just like in the movie.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Xoanon because: geez

Ive been pinched! There IS a god and there is hope for us yet.

One persons perception of the loopy truth might be a hell of a lot different than the next. Like having dejavu every day with every post. Makes a mess of communication and understanding truth versus Truth. We are really a conundrum.. a predestination paradox.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just because the head is rolling down the highway doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
ATS is a FORUM and we are the MEMBERS.

Sorry for the simplified one-liner...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If you found out that Planet Earth was a zoo for humans always being watched by aliens for entertainment, would you kill yourself?

That's a pretty similar question.

In the context of evolution, every organism and really every action of every organism plays out like something of an experiment. And if you are a creationist, then isn't God sort of experimenting within itself in the same way?

Embrace the grand experiment that is humanity, life, and the universe.

Edit to add: Your actions shouldn't be determined by who is watching.
edit on 10/2/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I don't post here often, but I just want to add to this thread. The idea behind this thread is the EXACT reason I left another well-known conspiracy site, and registered here instead.

Believe me when I say this, ATS is nothing like that. The other website (I won't mention the url/name), has actually been PROVEN to be a tool of a conservative thinktank and the NSA. A lot of money, resources, and time has been invested into the site when it was bought by the Agencies.

Also, on that website, you are immediately banned if you mention malware, viruses, specific thinktank corporation names, etc etc.

You are also banned for posting conflicting thoughts and opinions from what they are trying to brainwash people with. For instance, a well known moderator, along with about 5,000 other people have been banned in the past few years JUST FOR MENTIONING dislike of Zionism.

They also played a HUGE role in attacking the Occupy movements. The web-site owner made a thread specifically stating he would BAN anyone who supported the Occupy movements. In the same thread, he called for members of the web-site to infiltrate the Occupy movement, and tear it apart.

This is all true, I have no reason to lie. I'm sure many of you know which web-site I'm talking about. You can do your own research, and come to the same conclusions I have...the proof is out there.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If it were true, it wouldn't suprise me at all.
But if it were actually true and I knew it, I would still post.
As it is, I try not to give out specifics about my location or work or any other personal details, unless it is absolutely relevant.
If someone wanted personal information about me, it would be wiser of them to follow one of my yahoo accounts.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

It wouldn't matter.
It's common sense that the internet is a PUBLIC place.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

it would not affect me at all. I say things on here all the time to see how other people react to it so i can study it. I study them they study we are a big happy family

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
heh
Pay highly trained and educated analysts to watch us
Or just sit back and watch us accuse each other of being the man
What a gas

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I would like to add: I care not who runs this site. Nor any other site. I care instead about the integrity of the material posted on this site, and the site itself.

As I mentioned in a post above, another well known conspiracy theory fringe site, is run by a conservative think tank and off shoots other intelligence agencies that collect data and information. That isn't what bothered me. What bothered me was the hidden agenda that they constantly, yet subvertly drilled the members of that site with. They also would scan your computer for open ports, and do god knows WHAT to EVERY computer that connects to that site.

From what I've seen from ATS so far, there doesn't appear to be ANY hidden agenda, and it seems like the people who run this web-site do a great job of letting different viewpoints clash and collide. It also seems that the people who run this site are actually respectful to its members. Based on that alone, I wouldn't care if it was George Bush Junior himself who ran this site!

If you guys knew how some other "popular" conspiracy sites were ran, you'd be praising ATS up and down.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join