It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have no doubt whatsoever that this sight is watched and read by a lot of people in the mainstream in all walks of self interest. They are smart to do so and we would be smart to keep right on posting our best material because this is a great way to reach people who can make things happen and who can reach all the people we don't reach.

I don't want to overthrow anybody. I want people in power to see the utility of humane conduct, compassionate conduct, and of cycling down the level of greed that ruins human culture.

We need everybody, especially the rich and powerful, to be more and better educated than they are if we are to survive as a species. Nobody's personal or national agenda or personal global agenda is more important than that.

ATS gets the right messages out.

edit on 3-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I really don't care if they watch me, read me, flag me, just so long as they don't probe me.

Seriously, of all the crap going on in the world, your worried if your being watched? Of course you are, everyday, everywhere, everything you do. Screw 'em, I say. I've said nothing on here I wouldn't or haven't said to their faces. If I have, it's just because I haven't had the chance to say it to their faces.

What are they gonna do, make me disappear? Kill me? We all die and I'll die just as I live, speaking my mind.

Its a great community with some of the deepest thinkers I've ever had the pleasure of being around. (and some of the shallowest morons, to be fair and balanced) Maybe those reading our posts will open their eyes too.

Peace

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

Eh, I don't think so.

Why? Because too many subjects are blacklisted, and too many types of expression are banned. If the government wants reliable stats, they'll let us "be ourselves" and measure THAT, rather than a propped-up, respectable, civil sandbox.

You are what you do when "no one's looking".

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Of course I'd keep coming here, I love it here it is very entertaining. But I ask you this, When does Paranoia finish and insanity begin? I mean we all know that the alphabets are frequenting this site, so why not play some games with them.
On Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy the Mice were experimenting on us humans so how do you know we aren't setting up the alphabets.
How do we know your not CIA and testing us for our responses, and how do you know other sites that bag ATS are
also not cleverly conceived plots designed to entrap the young in some fiendish macabre experiment.
You don't, and we don't but I get a laugh and that's why I'm here.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

Would you still come here?
Would you think twice before you post?

(Ironically most people here don't really care it seems, as long as they think this place is for their own good, they don't really care about being used or watched.)
edit on 2-10-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

Yes.
I do anyway. I'm a writer, that's what we do.

It is ironic isn't it? But don't be too hard on people like that because, really, what can you do about it? So we're being used and watched. Big deal. We ALL watch each other, use each other, effect each other and influence each other every day, and just because people are a part of an organization that's supposedly "in control" of things ( a naive notion if I ever heard one) that doesn't make them more effective at what they do then the average person. And if you think their station in life dictates their abilities to get things done, well, sorry, but that's another naive notion in my book. People can be effective at what they do regardless of their social or professional status. We're all equally important in that regard.

I just feel bad for people who don't see things that way. I try to make a difference by sharing my points of view on things but at the end of the day, that's what it all comes down to for everyone. Trying. And for all you "secret shadow" organizations that are hiding behind the scenes pulling the strings
, take what I just wrote while listening to this song. If you can connect those dots, you have my respect.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Just don't take it TOO seriously. Life's too short.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
of we are rats in a lab but where do you think the gov gets there ideas from not to mention ATS has probably prevented false flags from occurring we are the New World Order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I've said before that ATS is a hamster wheel.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
My first post in this thread was somehow lighthearted and brief.But then last night i started thinking what is the purpose of threads like this one,after the subject has been discussed over and over and we have an official answer from the owners.
I noticed that the OP is a fairly new member,so ok he/she read something on another forum and didn't search and wanted to share.That's alright...

Then i started thinking about reason why other forums spread such rumours,why we don't hear that GLP or other conspirasy sites are psyops or labs or whatever....That's what i came up with:
a)Other forum owners are "jealous" of the success of ATS and they are trying to steal some of the lights,by spreading rumours.
b)Banned members try to take their revenge(which we have seen it more than once)

c)ATS is actually feared.In here there are some great minds and i have read some incredible threads and thoughts.So disinfos(or whatever they are called) go to other sites and start rumours about psy ops.They know that eventually the rumours will reach ATS and spread doubt.Even if they manage to make 1 person go away everytime is a win.Why?Those who get too paranoid and leave the site,because they are too afraid,they are the ones that they should keep a closer eye on.These people have "propably something to hide".
If the rumours start here and without the catch phrase "i read on another forum",it will propably get dismissed very fast and the OP will propably get banned.
But think about it,my friends.Most of the people here are afraid that they are being watched and they use this fear as a weapon.A little while ago we were talking about freedom of speech and how we must not lose it.Well using the boogeyman of a 3 letter agency they try to make you stop posting and in a way they take away your freedom of speech.

Some members say that we are not that special,just a bunch of wackos.Well,it takes some crazy people to change the world.How many great minds in the human history were considered crazy,before they were proven right?

And to get a little paranoid here.Is it a coincidence that after the heated thread by Heff about manipulation,a thread appears that is actually trying to manipulate the members?

DON'T LET THEM SCARE YOU.

Anyway i hope i make sense.I suffer from insomnia(again) and although i do a lot of thinking,my brain doesn't work very well.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Given:

* The number of children, elderly, handicapped, and individuals in an epileptic fit that are brutalized and tazed by today's law enforcement...
* The number of wrong doors chainsawed down by our police, SWAT and Federal Marshalls,
* The fact that virtually all of the suspected terrorists caught since 911 were recruited by the FBI or other agencies,
* The fact that TSA has to resort to advertising on the backs of pizza boxes (and probably used condoms) simply to find people to work for them....
* The number of terrorists who have been killed multiple times and still show up...
* The whole idea that bin Laden was buried at sea according longstanding Islamic tradition...
* The audacity that the United States would need to resort to indefinite detention -- and what that says about the absolute incompetence of government lawyers first to suggest that...
* And the list could go on, at length, probably forever...

The United States Government NEEDS sites like ATS and people like you and me as a training program. The reason why the government doesn't shut most of us down is because we, the members of ATS, would mentally, physically and psychically kick the average US law enforcement team's arse just for lookin' at us. heh...

We are the real men and women who stare at goats. And... other things.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

If you are a member of other fringe forums, you may be familiar with the rumors.
If ATS is the only forum you visit, you may or may not find this thread in bad taste.

It is commonly believed in these communities that ATS is in fact an experimental website where members are given data and their reaction and/or knowledge is observed and recorded.

Well now, lets see... can you not think of a reason why less successful forums, with less members, who don't attract as much attention as ATS does, possibly run by former banned members who simply don't want to admit they broke the T&C enough to get themselves banned and have no concept of their own personal responsibility might want to make those claims...?

Now before all the mockery begins, i'd like for you to take a minute, take a deep breath and tell me how this would affect you if it turned out to be true.

(Ironically most people here dont really care it seems, as long as they think this place is for their own good, they dont really care about being used or watched.)

If I was the kind of person who didn't realise I was being played by competitors to the site who want to try and do it down solely to draw attention to themselves, then I might.

Fortunately, the harsh reality of it is right in front of me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

And to get a little paranoid here. Is it a coincidence that after the heated thread by Heff about manipulation, a thread appears that is actually trying to manipulate the members?

No, it's not a coincidence. It's not a planned manipulation either. If anything, it's people having a popularity contest with each other. Someone see's a thread that gets a lot of attention, they want attention too so they make another thread based on the same topic. They apply it differently of course so as not to get 404'd, but that's what people have been doing here for years.

This is why the whole notion of being watched amuses me. If the CIA is basing part of what they do by what they read here, they're inept rookies. And if you believe that's what the CIA is doing, you're naive.You're going to get a clearer picture of the social fabric as a whole on Facebook ( Sad isn't it?) then you ever will on this site.........people like me are going to make sure of that. I see a post that I think belongs on a lesser site with lesser minds, the OP will know about. And if I have a bug up my butt like last night, I might just piss 'em off in public to where they'll think twice about posting garbage on a site that I've learned a lot from over the years.

This is why I don't buy into the theory that we're being monitored and, to a certain extent, censored. Some of the things I've said about politics and religion over the years would leave a lot of people scratching their heads wondering why my door hasn't been kicked in yet. They also might wonder why I'm still in good standing around here. It's because no one owns or influences this site but Simon Grey. He hasn't sold out and he hasn't paid in. Not that I can see at least. That's why, after some of the more radical things I've said here since '06, the worst that's ever happened to me was a warning because of foul language. And I was talking about MYSELF for pete's sake.

It's either that or what I have to say holds no sway. Whatever the case, I'm free to come and go as I please and say what I please without fear of retribution or adverse judgement. Besides, I haven't met a person yet who's smart OR ballsy enough to keep me from doing or saying what I want. There may be 1 person out of 8 billion who has ever influenced what I've done, but they led me in the right direction so I don't mind. And I shouldn't. If I'm on a leash, I gave it to them. ( See my username ......you're in good company)

It all comes down to believability. Can you believe what you read here? Can the Government? It's a chat forum. By and large it wasn't made to be taken seriously. People might have serious agendas when they come here, but pick 'em out from the rest.Pick out the people who are serious about their convictions from the one's who are just looking for attention. Hell, if the CIA can't even do that, and they can't because of the doubt I just planted in their database, what chance does the average person have?

Sorry, but the Government isn't censoring you. Your paranoia of the Government is.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Seeing as the several hundred thousand Members in good standing, are not worried about or upset about ATS enough to post here; leaving the handful of you here to complain

Also taking into account this is nothing more than a complaining chit chat thread now

I will be closing it

A quick recommendation though

We have several million people that come to this site each month. We have several hundred thousand Members in good standing. Our reputation on the Internet is in fact stellar.

So if you don't like it here, or are afraid to post.. Please just log out and don't return.

We would hate for ATS to be the cause of your personal downfall

So with that being said, I am now closing this thread.

Thank you all

Semper

First off I think what you attempted to do, but where "vetoed", was a blatant attack on the Freedom of Speech. As ATS being a public forum, we have to right to voice our opinions so long as it doesn't infringe on other's rights and so far this thread has been strangely civil.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

So now if someone forms an idea it's an attack on ATS? What's with the mods on this thread? And you are pretty adamant about putting you point across that other conspiracy websites are below ATS..and you pretty much say if you believe what the OP is saying that we are weak of mind? Hmm...well I personally like reading from Red Ice Creations, I like how people can't comment on the stories and they show you where the original story came from and as I usual do, I take EVERY story with a pinch of salt.
edit on 3-10-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

This amazing place gives everyone a voice

Now now how can We say that and this close to X-Mas? I can understand posts getting removed for language and being off topic, but I have had posts removed for debating about a topic with Mods and have seen it happen to others.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

WELL. As usual it boils down to "as long as it doesn't affect my bank balance then I dont care"

How honourable....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If you are a member of other fringe forums, you may be familiar with the rumors.
If ATS is the only forum you visit, you may or may not find this thread in bad taste.

It is commonly believed in these communities that ATS is in fact an experimental website where members are given data and their reaction and/or knowledge is observed and recorded.

Now before all the mockery begins, i'd like for you to take a minute, take a deep breath and tell me how this would affect you if it turned out to be true.

(Ironically most people here dont really care it seems, as long as they think this place is for their own good, they dont really care about being used or watched.)
edit on 2-10-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

I say what I want and can't control what another think, just as they can't control what I think. I really don't care what others do or think of me. Let them take notes...they might just learn something.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

ATS has painfully clearly fallen under the same curse as the rest of the world.

And no I dont meant the NWO

I mean egoity, ignorance, stubbornness of mind, materialism egoity egoity egoity egoity

just a bunch of counter culture data miners all trying to prove that their theory is correct over the thousands of other people who are saying the exact same thing but neither can hear it because of the steel conviction in their own correctness

Almost everyone here is crying 'the government this the government that gmo crops israel and iran ufos chemtrails police state war central banks false flags'

everyone is stating whats wrong with the world, fine, because if two people murder someone, one doesnt care, and the other knows he did wrong then the one who knows is slightly better off than the other, because at least there is the prospect of him possibly getting forgiveness.

But whats happened is that you have hundereds of threads with people debating the small details and numbers of all these issues, just to try and glorify yourselves as he who is right or correct or the person who found this or that fact out (you may not think this is why, but just think about it for a minute and you will understand) and then others denounce this and etc etc etc

What has been lost is that people no longer seem to understand WHY these issues are a problem in the first place, WHY we search all this information, data, pages and ages and spend hours and hours discussing these topics.

Its because of the selfish nature of mankind, that is ultimately what it boils down to, that is what is wrong with the world, if EVERYONE not one left out, was constantly thinking of other people first, the every problem in the world would unravel easily in about 10 years, just think about the implications of everyone constantly thinking of other people, thresh it right out in your mind, with no exception to the rule, think of the far reaching effects of it and you will see that as long as we do not abandon the selfish nature then we will never solve global poverty, but we will keep watching comic relief, we will never heal the planet, but we will keep putting our rubbish in color coded bins, all this stuff is just firefighting, because we all want to feel like we are doing our bit, but only so long as we can still sit on our big fat arse on a saturday night with a pack of nestle biscuits and watch the xfactor and then tell people about it on facebook, no one really cares about solving these problems, all we care about is looking like 'intellectuals' and this is just a different way of gettin an suv just to feel bigger than that guy who makes 10'000 more than you.

How hard is it just to be nice?

apparently pretty hard.

oh and P.S

I am not without sin either, im just the guy who murdered someone and knows he did wrong

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by simplyLOVE

Very well said and I 100% without a doubt agree. It seems most would rather just have their luxuries than have true freedoms and to keep our only planet at optimal health. Now don't get it twisted, I am far from the poster child for the New Age movement, I have skeletons, but we have to change or we will kill ourselves in the end.

And with saying that. I think I will take a permanent leave from ATS. DENY IGNORANCE might sound good as the sites slogan, but when the Pursuit of Truth is slung in the mud or hushed away, then I must pursue Knowledge elsewhere.

Peace through Harmony, Harmony through Unity

Namaste
~~~~J

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well, I would expect that anyone in a field of social studies might find ANY site a lab. As far as being rats? Well, we've technically been "rats" for a while now. . .as far as advertising and marketing go.

If something I've written becomes foundation for a thread. . .then more power to the person who thinks so!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's been said before on ATS:

Yes this site is watched by the government. ALL sites are, by an algorithm based on words used. Certain words will trigger someone reading a post and often replying to a post.

As to if the government(s) TPTB etc. manipulate on the sites. Of course they do. Don't be stupid. They do it on all sites where something is discussed that they want to find out how much people know.

As to if "they" post to "test" us, the answer is again, your an idiot if you think otherwise. Get your head out of the sand. No site is "safe" from this, and probably most sites have a paid poster who does just this.

I grew up in the military and married into the military; this stuff has been done since before there were computers, it is now just easier and safer for the "spy" or "manipulator" because they can sit anonymously in a building surrounded by computers, working the sites all day/or night if they have the night shift. They keep track of posters they think might be "dangerous", and find out who they are. They keep a list of posters who don't have the right "attitude" and find out who they are. That is what they do. This is going to happen if you like it or not.

Please note in another thread: Obama has increased this activity by 361% over his predecessor.

It all boils down to this. Do you care? If you do and are afraid, then don't post or reply.

If you are intelligent enough to know this happens and don't care because it is going to happen no matter what. If YOU know you aren't a danger to society or a weirdo who is going to do something that makes headlines in the MSM. Then have fun on ATS

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join