It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That is just a perfect example of why we have to do our own digging.
It is unrealistic in today's day and age to think that they are not at least watching the boards, and all of them not just ATS. I would be more worried about actual personal information than what our thoughts and ideas are. Granted our very opinions may not be safe at some point in our future, but right now I have the right to free speech!! Whether it be to an individual or the government, I will still speak my mind. It is even more important that we stand up and speak out now than it ever has been in our lifetimes!! Yes, I would still come, if we don't speak out now then there will be nobody to speak out for our children.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
of we are rats in a lab but where do you think the gov gets there ideas from not to mention ATS has probably prevented false flags from occurring we are the New World Order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are correct. Once a false flag is exposed before it happens, it can not happen.

That is WHY "they" do troll ATS and probably all other chat rooms. To see what we know.

If someone in the public knows and posts it online in advance, then it is no longer usable as a false flag.

Great post!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Why do they think we post?

I post because I know what Im typing is going to be read.

Thats why I try not to post ignorantly about subjects I have no knowledge of or trying to convince others that I do.
I find the forum Im comfortable in, and I go off like a spider monkey.

If they are not reading it, maybe I am on the wrong website. but I dont think thats the case.

I know they read a lot of the stuff on here, it is the number one (most visited)conspiracy website.

Dont say stupid crap on the net and you should be fine.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

Absolutely! I have posted to get my idea, meme, to TPTB (whoever they are). Actually, in some ways it is a personal safety net. You know, everyone knows what you know now, and (paranoia of course) "they" are less likely to come "after me" for knowing it. I have to admit though because of my 50+ years living in the military I haven't told everything I know, that would be a stupid risk on my part, wouldn't it? I love ATS, check it regularly and remain AWARE that this and 99% of all chat sites are monitored.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes I would stop coming.
and I know ATS is part or all controlled by the government.

Its the part not controlled by them I hope for.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

and I know ATS is part or all controlled by the government.

Here, let me put your mind at rest.

If that was true ( and I dont think it is ) here is the latest
report on just how sucessful TPTB are at gathering info on people.

"A Bunch of Crap"

a bipartisan report by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations released Tuesday concludes that the centers “often produced irrelevant” and "useless” intelligence reports. “There were times when it was,

‘What a bunch of crap is coming through,’”

one senior Homeland Security official is quoted as saying .openchannel.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I don't think ATS is "controlled" by TPTB, or alphabet soup, or military. It is here to generate income with the ads and as enlightened entertainment, and informative entertainment.

But you'd have to have an IQ of less than a slug to think it isn't monitored, and sometimes posted on by "them". That is after all what "they" do.

I'm not afraid, obviously. The only reason one should be afraid is if you say you are planning TO DO something that will end up on the 10:00 news and repeated on all the news channels.

Otherwise, enjoy the humor on ATS, enjoy getting some real news before it hits the news channels, sometimes long before, enjoy the exchange of ideas. Just be aware, like you would walking down a public street. ATS is one giant public street of ideas.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There is one site that I do suspect as being created just for what the OP suspects. Why, I almost never see advertising on it. A site that has little to no advertising yet has exsisted for years always gets my suspicions up.

However, I don't let that stop me. He he

I'm talking about youpolls

From time to time around 40 people are checking it regularly, however, the majority of the time less than 10 people are. Yet it lives on, and on, and on.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I said it before, but here we go again:

If you come to ATS to post about your various alternate views and conspiracy theories, and you ultimately come to the conclusion that the site itself is part of a conspiracy, well then you might be conspiracy addicted. For example, if I come here and decide to read everything I can, pro or con, regarding the Apollo space program, and my ultimate conclusion is that this site is dedicated to studying me through my postings, I would have to determine I need to take a step back and reevaluate my thought process.

I highly doubt any government entity cares at all about ATS specifically, outside the basic monitoring of keywords that might trigger something. Half of this site is just the same political moaning and groaning you can find in the comments of any on-line publication or newspaper, and the rest is divided among UFO's, paranormal, chemtrails and 9/11. No big breakthroughs in any of those categories that would raise the government's alarms.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
of we are rats in a lab but where do you think the gov gets there ideas from not to mention ATS has probably prevented false flags from occurring we are the New World Order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are correct. Once a false flag is exposed before it happens, it can not happen.

That is WHY "they" do troll ATS and probably all other chat rooms. To see what we know.

If someone in the public knows and posts it online in advance, then it is no longer usable as a false flag.

Great post!

That is called the self fulfilling prophesy. I claim a coming false flag, and then, when it doesn't happen, I claim it was because I call "them" out on it. It's bs one hundred percent of the time. It's also the beliefs of a very huge ego for one to think that the government could never run a false flag operation without being sniffed out. I promise they could and nobody would ever know. Except that every single thing that happens is a false flag around here. If a Senator sneezes, it's a false flag to keep everyone from noticing that the governor vomited.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw

It all boils down to this. Do you care? If you do and are afraid, then don't post or reply.

If you are intelligent enough to know this happens and don't care because it is going to happen no matter what. If YOU know you aren't a danger to society or a weirdo who is going to do something that makes headlines in the MSM. Then have fun on ATS

Thats the thing IMO. The older I get the more cranky I get about being silenced or being made to feel I must stay silent when my opinion may not be mainstream, PC, part of the groupthink, condoned by all. What sort of civilization or culture demands that anyway?? Well, no good ones nor ones that actually last very long.

My double entendres and all aside... Ive been here a long time.. this is the second incarnation and account. Ive been around a long time in general. Do I think ATS is a cia front or a lab run by the owners(s)?? Heck no. Is it observed by others? Heck yes like all other boards ( except maybe the purse board on eBay). Do we have nefarious govt members? Maybe.. but its unneeded.. some members do their work for them and their input isnt needed for the desired result to be observed. I know there are a lot of govt workers on here and feds.. so what? Folks flipping out over that and ex mil and etc.. silliness.. then preaching freedom of speech and tolerance out the other side of their mouths. Scary govt agents are just not needed.. some of our members are doing their job for free.. and with glee. Some even go back to their little boards and report on the chaos they caused and for whatever reason get some sort of rush of coolness from it.

There will always be a core group here.. under diff accounts or names or whatever over the yrs.. that see the real gem we have. I hope newbies, og's and everyone in between there will be found that core that weathers the BS and keeps things true. If I can get arrested for speaking my mind to council and get threatened in my own town with local govt issues Im being mouthy about.. and putting my money where my mouth is concerning... for simply speaking about things passionately - we have a serious social disease in RL. It makes us older ones ill to see the squashing of passion about our country, lives, govt, and FUTURE. Here... we can network with like minds and flesh out ideas we may have had yet didnt have all the pieces. We can learn from those who know more.. and avoid the mistakes of those who have gone before. This is an incredible resource... and I do question those who take away from it and try to scare others with BS about the owners and all. Having been around the "truth" community a long long time.. there is a score, you know.
There are those out there who would do ATS harm for no other reason that money, power, or some mental issue that they really dont realize they have.. or revel in..and use their board members in their manipulations. Im NOT the only one who has seen this first hand and knows whats up.

Question the "disinfo" youre being fed by the ones who act so strange they cry FIRE in this theatre, yet sit there to watch the folks rush the door. The idea, or fact, of govt agencies FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD observing message boards is nothing new. The OP was not some profound bit of choice info. This crap started long ago... even on dial up BBS and compuserve.
Its not dejavu.. Ive seen the OPs not very well thought out assertations puked out on here regularly.The problem is the singling out a board and them posting something to cause fear of repercussion in membership. Seems pretty damn plain as day to me.

Just cause it was weird as hell...
As far as the questioning of mods participating in a thread.. are you freaking serious?? Why else would TIME and PASSION be volunteered for free if the horrible mods didnt love the place and have passion about the subjects? They are not allowed to participate without something nefarious being inferred?! Good lord... where are some of you from? Who are you?? What the hell is wrong with you?? These are PEOPLE who are members first, mods second. They give a good chunk of their lives running this and babysitting all of us for free and providing this platform for you for free... many times along side rel life jobs and family stuff. Im serious.. some folks have some issues they need to seriously consider. Dont you realize mods were members just like you BEFORE being spoken to about becoming a moderator? Did you realize some of the regular members here are ex mods?? Where some of the BS here is pulled from.. I dont want to even know. Just cause you thunked it dont make it true. Real super simple, dont like it here.. dont be here. If youre getting your freedom fighter fix here by bucking the system thats nice and all, cheaper than therapy and bail, but you just look like a moron to the rest of us.. and its pretty annoying after a while.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

This theory is a bit silly. The moderators/owners barely post any "data" (content). Most threads are from regular ole members, a very diverse group of people, you can post, I can post, anyone can post, there is no way to control the "data" for any meaningful "experiment" when so many people can post anything. If you honestly think the moderators here are all CIA or scientists or something and you're a lab rat, then you're either new here or very paranoid.

Sure an individual thread could technically be from some government guy who signed up just to post some false # and see how people react, but that would be a very isolated case, not the whole forum being an "experiment". Of course you have plenty of bored teenagers or attention whores who post hoaxes just to troll or get some attention or see what people say, that doesn't make this site an "experiment" either. Not to mention much of the "data" (content) is not even original to ATS, so it's not being made and fed by ATS, most threads are just reposts linking to other sites/videos (like youtube) etc. And most of the posters are very clearly just regular people with personalities and the like.

Anyways, it's hard to say how I would react but if I did go to some forum where most of the content came from a small group of people like moderators with shady intentions and not everyone was allowed to post threads, because I would probably never go to such a site but if I did it wouldn't really make difference to me becase... I don't believe anything I read here anyway so what difference would it make lol? I come here mostly for entertainment and fun stories and to occasionally try to talk some sense into or calm down some clearly paranoid and scared people.

I'm one of those "skeptics, debunkers, sheep" blahblah, I'm a little bit open to stuff but I demand actual proof so nothing really gets me on board because no one ever provides the goods. No doomsday prediction here has ever come true, no blurry dot in the sky youtube "ufo" video has ever lead to anything but claims and speculation, no "planet x" has ever swung by earth, etc. So for me personally, it makes zero difference if the "data" came from joe schmoe or joe cia because chances are I won't buy into it anyway.

edit on 3-10-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Whats with it?

Well... been here 6 years. Been board staff for 4. Seen the same thing said every couple of weeks. Sometimes on a daily basis.

You've been in here since August 2012. Stick around and count the threads up as they occur.

Heartily sick of the same old crap allegations resurfacing again and again.

People want to come in, piss on the carpet and then expect the board staff to be all nicey nicey about it. Some of them might be but I'm not going to be - anyone who doesn't like the site can click the big red X on the top corner of the screen and not come back. Thats not exactly difficult to do.

Thats whats "with it".

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I feel protected coming here, I post as I think and feel and the only thing that pulls me back at times are the T@Cs. Having been a regular for several years, I have read many threads about the evil's which are ATS, they have not ever affected my membership or desire to read or post. One thing that may have been helpful for me is that I avoid some of the threads even if they have a million posts or flags, I stick to my interests and authors of threads which can be any subject really, but I know and trust that certain members are worthy of my attention regardless of their direction. One more thing is that I have had the chance to speak with some of the owners and have found them to be the kind of people I want to know and even consider friends. I have always thought that ATS is a microcosm of society and that it is infiltrated at times by different factions who may like to monitor certain members for their threads and posts but that is on every site and forum and has been since the beginning. For me, this is a safe place to hang out and I trust that I am protected and will always be treated with dignity and respect unlike at other places on the net.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Though i didn't mean to get back on, for some reason the normal browser of google chrome kept me logged in, as apposed to incognito. You are a Mod, you are to set an example for others that come here, if you can't keep your cool with every loon and toon that swings by and says ATS this and ATS that, well you are going to have a bad time. You "work" at a conspiracy sight and you get worked up when someone starts to think that the site might be ran by goverment officials? Seem fishy to me, eh Governor?

Oh btw, I love how you " wave your degree" around when you get challenged.
edit on 3-10-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that's not me losing my cool. That's me being frank, open and honest. Its something that people don't like, because it kind of strips away the hooplah.

I do have a saying though...

Obvious troll is obvious

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wouldn't effect me and wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Whats with it?

Well... been here 6 years. Been board staff for 4. Seen the same thing said every couple of weeks. Sometimes on a daily basis.

You've been in here since August 2012. Stick around and count the threads up as they occur.

Heartily sick of the same old crap allegations resurfacing again and again.

People want to come in, piss on the carpet and then expect the board staff to be all nicey nicey about it. Some of them might be but I'm not going to be - anyone who doesn't like the site can click the big red X on the top corner of the screen and not come back. Thats not exactly difficult to do.

Thats whats "with it".

Hey Nef.. here is one for a chuckle. The last hoo hah there was last week... its weekly ya know.. I had made a comment and a person I wasnt even aiming my comment at ( guilty conscience, anyone?? ) was post banned, but decided to pm me anyway. He was real upset in his lather due to assuming I was speaking to him alone.. so I explained that it was rude to come in and poop on my floor. This person accused me of being SO under a diff name.. just because I said "MY" floor. This place is OURS.. Maybe thats the whole problem with these types. I thought the idea that I didnt want to wade through complete crap and verbal vomit BS indicative of me owning the place and assuming an identity to post on a thread was a hoot though.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is really getting off topic while calling out Nef, who noone has ever accused of being a spook.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

you know that's funny, cause Was thinking the samE thing.

that was saRcasm, i don't "troll" pEople, not reAlly good at it nor do i Like it. i can sneak up on peopLe raTher well and scare peOple though. i would say it saddens me to see Ignorance on a weBsite but that wouLd be like sAying i was surprised that fire is hot. personally i don't think coMments should be allowed on this site, people can't handle it, MODS and posters alikE.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
OP, I have good news.

The very second a rat learns he is a rat, he has also discovered how to set himself free!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join