It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

In the same manner, **every** site could potentially be an experiment. Most sites, if not all, probably are monitored, ---whether the site creators/maintainers are aware of it or not. There are "groups" that have the opportunity, capability and motivation to monitor ALL internet and telephone traffic --I would imagine.

Oh definitely! And plus who cares. If a site like GoDaddy, or a major host, was working with the government (remember how some sites were pro-SOPA/PIPA and pro internet censorship/monitoring?) everyone hosted on them would be screwed.

I mean heck, I'm sure it goes farther than that - the govt. probably doesn't even need approval to monitor everything and anything. I'm sure they can monitor private areas (through access to databases and stuff) without site owners / hosts even knowing.
Or they just get an agent to improve their rank on sites like ATS, get into private sections (Above Top Secret for example), and just download everything and anything.

And plus, they are relaxed most likely as yes, there's an increase in awareness - but most people that "know" about things or are suspicious don't do more than post theories, opinions and links.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If there was an experiment I'd guess that it would involve law enforcement. There are a lot of police brutality themes going around. A lot of people here are political. Maybe the message is expect violence if you step out of line. If there was anything on this site I don't question it's actually those type of posts with the video along with it. Like the Puerto Rican lady being clocked from behind. That kind of thing comes through loud and clear. If you watch that video or others people don't even seem to care. They just go right about their own business. Subconsciously everyone knows they better just mind their own business and that anything goes. Perhaps it always was this way here in this country and others but now it's crystal clear. Watch your ass or whack whack you're going to the pokey sucker. Aint nobody gonna give a crap or say nothing even if you get shot for no reason. If they do you already know they're inching towards the same.
edit on 3-10-2012 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Keep 'em on their toes.

Gotta stay alert folks. We're here on earth and it's a long stay. Keep on studying lab coats!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Just one question OP.

If ATS is the only forum you visit, you may or may not find this thread in bad taste.

What the front door is this supposed to mean ? I just don't get it for the life of me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Pros are far more than the cons. Yes, I will still visit ATS.

Let them track all the posts they want, I am getting the truth and that what matters, no?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

...this is crazy. Not only are we FORBIDDEN from talking about other conspiracy sites.

It is unnecessary to go beyond the confines of ATS to begin to address the OP's line of inquiry,

That is what I meant by ATS being trapped in a Strange Loop.

No one is to blame. It does not mean anyone is right or wrong.

But just like Ouroboros, ATS is presently eating its own tail.

Maybe no one saw it coming. But considering the subject matters that our forums are concerned with, it should come as a surprise to no one.

The problem right now, with this thread, is that we have a circle we have been going in that is producing new ways of thinking about this situation and new ways of formulating questions about the stuff we are most interested in. But you folks keep spinning off in to the same old little circles this thread has been going in for three days.

It's not the CIA.

You don't have to go outside of ATS to begin to put together for yourselves, 'What's with it'

And you don't have to run around blaming and shaming people.

ATS is a book. We are reading and writing it.

That's all.

X.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Xoanon

What I love about threads like this is that people are openly paranoid about who might be reading their stuff and complain about the forum, on the forum they are being openly paranoid about.

I wouldn't touch that semantical howler with a ten foot pole.

Harsh fact No.1 - anything you do online can be monitored. not just on ATS.

Yeah, but like I suggested to Hef, that takes us far afield of the subject matter of this thread. I will quote myself...

Me:

The question is whether or not ATS is specifically engaging in this type of stuff, not those other guys.

By stretching it out to absolutely everyone that may be doing this to us, it drags the subject far from the source, and waters down any progress we might make in understanding the subject at hand, which is ATS and whether or not it is an intentional petri dish.

We have to stay focused on the subject at hand or it gets washed out very quickly, those that have not been keeping up get confused, and then we don't get anywhere in terms of understanding.

Harsh fact No.2 - competitors to the site don't like ATS because they are competitors, and try to discredit it.

I am not interested in those 'other guys'. At all. I don't go to their websites and I don't care what they are talking about. They aren't even on my radar. I had to remind myself of what GLP means.

That said, ATS is like Everest to a guy like me.

I'm gonna climb it

With no intentions of 'discrediting' it. Only a foolish climber, hungry for death, would develop that sort of relationship with his mountain.

Harsh fact No.3 - some people just love to stir crap, for the sake of it. such is life.

Uhh, nefermore? maybe I am mistaken, but was this site not built to stir crap? I brought my stick for nothing?

Why am I talking about it? Well I love to point out hypocrisy. Its a flaw of mine. Am I riled up about it? No. I'm enjoying the conversation

I hope that you have not lumped me with the hypocrites.

My posts should reflect otherwise.

I would start a linking frenzy, but I am restraining myself.

X.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xoanon because: the tyranny of HTML

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff,

If you would not mind?

I was wondering if you have ever seen the kind of disruptive trolling that we experienced on TheGUTs thread anywhere else in the time you have been at ATS?

For those that don't what I'm talking about, we were all on a thread together that experienced a truly phenomenal amount of, I guess you would call it trolling.

Here, see for yourselves, I think it went on for 2 pages at one point.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks, in advance, I have been meaning to ask you.

X.

P.S. This is for you, Hef. This thread needs a stiff brisk wind of Lemmy...

edit on 3-10-2012 by Xoanon because: Lemmy rules

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth
reply to post by MaMaa

Some of us here, cherish other's view points and ideas, never feel like your's don't matter or are less important

Peace through Harmony, Harmony through Unity

Namaste
~~~~J

Thank you for the kind reply, but I hope I didn't come across like I was looking for sympathy or a woe is me, no one cares kind of a thing. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sure there are some who do care, perhaps I have not looked deep enough.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

why not just say "the internet is a lab"?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

Heff,

If you would not mind?

I was wondering if you have ever seen the kind of disruptive trolling that we experienced on TheGUTs thread anywhere else in the time you have been at ATS?

For those that don't what I'm talking about, we were all on a thread together that experienced a truly phenomenal amount of, I guess you would call it trolling.

Here, see for yourselves, I think it went on for 2 pages at one point.

Thanks, in advance, I have been meaning to ask you.

X.

P.S. This is for you, Hef. This thread needs a stiff brisk wind of Lemmy...

edit on 3-10-2012 by Xoanon because: Lemmy rules

when ATS censors something, whether it be trolling, off topic, rude, etc they should allow you to click on the label and see the actual comment so, for those of us who aren't afraid of things they read, we can make up own own minds.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

why not just say "the internet is a lab"?

One rung at a time, is my suggestion. And because that is not what this thread is about...

From the OP:

It is commonly believed in these communities that ATS is in fact an experimental website

Honestly not trying to be a weenie. We have just had a lot of focus problems over the last couple of days. And the OP seems to have given up.

P.S. Also, in the case of the links I provided with all of those T&C banners? You didn't miss anything. All of that persons posts looked like this: "ksjdhshodhkjh"
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
In general, we are a lab rats in life anyway. For every action there are reactions and man has been studying this phenomenon since the beginning. If ATS is just getting your attention to that fact you've been asleep for a long, long time. In all forms of daily activities we're observed, analyzed, judged and categorized. ATS is no different and in fact a very good platform to do just that, if you are into that and don't mind sifting thru all the BS. The mere subject matter and content on ATS makes it a no brainer for being targeted by certain entities IMO. Was ATS started as a lab experiment? I don't think so, but i'm also not easily surprised by the unexpected anymore. Data mining and such happens with every click of your mouse, definitely not a ATS exclusive.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

OK X, now I'm going to have to go read that other thread...

I can't peel my eyes away, it doesn't matter to me who's watching. Oh, the hours and hours I've frittered away. ATS is entertaining, if you like the stories behind the stories. I don't fear reprisals from the bits that I post. The censoring of topics and feuds with other sites always gave me pause, so my opinion of the collaboration of the staff and owners with "whomever" is, while not etched in stone, does lean in a certain direction. So what? I'm not important and neither is my opinion. If only I could tell it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Most ATS posters look more like Charlie the TUNA looking for stars than a LAB RAT to me. There are lots of different special interest groups on the board and enough diversity amongst the Mods to keep censorship in the form of bullying to a minimum. We get unique interactive perspectives that just can't be found from reading a choreographed main stream media source.

I've noticed most of the "post censures" on ATS have been done because their content reads like a blatant troll without the pre qualifying esoteric understanding. I'm sure we all have seen ATS threads that have been sent back to the kitchen whilst thinking to ourselves hey I was going to eat that! Maybe the staff just knows that Buffalo wings with habañero sauce will come back to haunt us later....

ATS truly is a microcosm of public opinion so there lies some motivation for MSM interests to test here.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What if there were a secret society so secret that even's it's own members didn't know it existed?

If this site is a lab and we are the rats, I am ok with that. For one, who is to say that the lab coats with their clip-boards are not themselves unaware of a greater intelligence, which is studying the experimenters studying their experiment?

For another thing, words have power. In fact, some words can almost own a person, if a person so lets them. The bible is a good case in point. So is that time as a child when a parent called you worthless, and that impression has stuck and may have to a certain extent unfortunately defined you in some way. But maybe it is as much the energy as it is the words associated with it. So having said all of that, this place offers us the opportunity to use our words, for whatever purpose we may desire, if we have any in mind, consciously or otherwise. Even if just to express ourselves and free of ulterior motives or hidden agenda, words will have their influence. Who is to say these alleged anonymous and mysterious shadowy hidden figures are not themselves affected in some way by exposing themselves to our words. Maybe the power and control game is more symbiotic than it may initially seem.

I guess it comes down to the fact that, in a certain sense, at least is my belief, control is an illusion. Their may be spirits or intelligences or energy of one sort or another that, unbeknownst to us, help determine what it is we decide to write at ATS in the first place.

So really i see this as ultimately concerned with the question of free will vs. destiny. How much control do we have? And how much is of the whatever will be will be variety? I'm not really claiming to know one way or another, just wondering philosophically out loud here.

Anyways, interesting thread. I might actually be less inclined to come here if i thought it wasn't enshrouded in murky conspiracy. I'm sure as paranoid as i might be that people are watching, studying and trying to manipulate me in some way and unsettling as it may be to entertain that possibility; at least in that case i can tell myself that i'm important enough to be the focus of so much attention right?

Peace. ~
edit on 3-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: standard editing

edit on 3-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
of course we are being watched...it would be a naive assumption that what is being talked about here isnt watched...doesnt change the fact that im STILL here

and those 'other' websites are just jealous

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I honestly agree with you in the sense that you might be 100% correct. I also agree with other members when they say it is no secret govt. agents log on and track the posts. Ever since I heard of and saw a couple of A. Jones videos I started thinking that what we call information or the truth may not at all be the truth, if it is or was ment to be a secret why isnt it anymore, we are being told what we want to hear with a bit of truth, but not enough. EVERYTHING happens because THEY want it to, the good the bad what we are told and what we are kept in the dark of, is all controlled by THEM. all of our lives are planned and controlled by them, the fact I am being allowed to type this, is controlled by them. Sometimes in life it seems like every turn you take you are being stopped or sometimes it seems like every door simply opens for you, it is not luck or coincedence, it is them...making it happen for you or likewise, stopping you.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Well I for one would like to thank you for your contribution Heff. The thought of someone posting PM's willy nilly across the internet is a little disconcerting. Posts are one thing, there's nothing private about them (
) but PM's............it's ironic that he was trying to advocate free speech yet he didn't know when to leave well enough alone.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I get upset when someone calls me a rat. I'm a mouse.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join