It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yes, I would still come to this site & post my thoughts, & I figure we are being monitored almost at all times now a days....& think we have been monitored for a long time, it's just now they have super-monitoring technology, advancements unlike the world has ever seen before. With such a rapid pace in technology we can hardly keep up with it, let alone take the time to think about it responsibly on a global level.

. We are bombarded nearly every moment of everyday with whatever those in power would like us to believe, whatever they want our ideas, thoughts, and behaviors to conform to. Their propaganda has been in the works for many years, it seems almost down to a science now.
Targeting different people or groups for specific results, zoning in on those that will most likely fit into their “target audience” or range. They sell us hook, line, and sinker before we even have the chance to form an idea of our own or that the idea may possibly be false. From the Food and Drug Administration to the Pharmaceutical companies, spanning across the grid, right down to your specific likes, wants, and which item(s) you may be more inclined to purchase over another. They set the trends they want us to follow, feed us a whole bunch of bull to appease us while they steal, lie, and destroy America as we know it.

Well, they are monitoring us, recording us, & learning all they can about us, every moment of everyday, & now with technology, it is literally 24/7/365 & processed more quickly, categorized, filed, & stored more efficiently than ever before in our history. The fact that they do monitor us is disturbing, & no, I don't agree with it, I do not accept that it alright, & I do speak out against privacy infringements whenever I can. If anything though, the monitoring of my posts, phone conversations, texts, & life in general just gives me more reason & confidence to speak out more about my opinions. I am proud to be an American, & I feel I have freedom, I feel I have the right to say what is on my mind & not to have to worry about who is reading it....the whole purpose of posting my thoughts is so people can read them....that includes everyone, even the lying big shots manipulating our gov't. & the damn scheme of things. If I don't post what I think or believe in on sites like this or any other site/e-mail because I think they may be monitoring them, then what the heck is the "Bill of Rights", the Constitution, Freedom & independence really mean or stand for?" If I can't express myself or my opinions because the gov't might be watching over my shoulder, than what the hell else are they doing so wrong that they can infringe upon my privacy rights, all the while breaking other laws in the name of "national security"? How far can they go? How far will we let them go? How much will we let them take away from us? Just because they can read my posts, doesn't scare me, what scares me is that we let them get away with breaking so many laws in the name of National security, for secrecy of the agencies & investigations....which I can understand up to a point, but it is just so ridiculous now, it's unfathomable, & unconstitutional in so many ways. We are literally getting our rights & liberties torn away, so much has hardly been mentioned by the news, it's like we are getting eaten slowly from the inside out, little by little until there will be nothing left of us, of our Constitution, our rights, our country....because they are slowly, methodically, & quietly taking away our freedoms, & majority of the nation doesn't know it or doesn't want to hear it....So people please wake up, talk about it, even if you disagree or have reservations about this kind of talk, please just start taking more of interest, listen more & ask more questions....to anyone & everyone you can!!! At least find out what your opinion is & where you stand, knowledge is power, ignorance is definitely one path to failure, embrace differences & find ways to improve the world around us, don't ignore the problem, let's solve it, the more we share with each other the more we can find better solutions. So I say post, share, & type your thoughts for the world to see, who knows, maybe those watching can learn something new from you, maybe you will change someone's life, maybe you will change the world, maybe you will not know the impact you have had, but just know that YOU do make a difference & it does matter, your actions or non-actions make an impact on those around you & the world too!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
i would still be here.
Even if "they" are watching, the information is OURS. We learn, we discover, we grow. no matter what kind of data is being collected that cannot be changed. We would still have the upper hand simply for refusing to remain ignorant

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Over the past couple of days I have been waiting and hoping that somebody would catch/discuss this:

It appears at the bottom of every thread you open and read.

What it means? We are all the rats. And we are all also the ones in the lab coats. We're the entire deal.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sounds plausible to me.

Can I have my cheese now?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock
If you are a member of other fringe forums, you may be familiar with the rumors.
If ATS is the only forum you visit, you may or may not find this thread in bad taste.

It is commonly believed in these communities that ATS is in fact an experimental website where members are given data and their reaction and/or knowledge is observed and recorded.

Now before all the mockery begins, i'd like for you to take a minute, take a deep breath and tell me how this would affect you if it turned out to be true.

Would you still come here?
Would you think twice before you post?

(Ironically most people here dont really care it seems, as long as they think this place is for their own good, they dont really care about being used or watched.)
edit on 2-10-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

Yes I will still come here..............as I have from 2004 even before.

You read and believe what you want, if your foolish enough to believe all, then so be it, you are a lab rat!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

I think it would be great to know that our opinions count. That our ideas are being run through the mills of government and science. Just imagine coming up with a question that would ultimately lead to an idea that would stop a war, cure a disease, expand mankind's scientific knowledge. So maybe we won't ever get the credit for a small idea that some genius transforms into a Nobel prize, but wouldn't that still be cool?!

Are we being watched? I certainly hope so.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I think it would be great to know that our opinions count. That our ideas are being run through the mills of government and science. Just imagine coming up with a question that would ultimately lead to an idea that would stop a war, cure a disease, expand mankind's scientific knowledge. So maybe we won't ever get the credit for a small idea that some genius transforms into a Nobel prize, but wouldn't that still be cool?!

You have a faith in TPTB that is sweet and refreshing. Deluded...but sweet.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

You have a faith in TPTB that is sweet and refreshing. Deluded...but sweet.

Your powers of deduction are failing you, Mr. Chan. First, look at the cynical (and yet still very adorable) face of my avatar
, and then reread my opening line. I said it would be great; didn't say it was true.

Unless, of course, you're a government agent assigned to ATS and you read my opinions daily. If so, my Spirit Guide has given me the instructions on how to build a perpetual motion machine that will end war, famine, and disease in our lifetime.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

First, look at the cynical (and yet still very adorable) face of my avatar
, and then reread my opening line. I said it would be great; didn't say it was true.

Unless, of course, you're a government agent assigned to ATS and you read my opinions daily. If so, my Spirit Guide has given me the instructions on how to build a perpetual motion machine that will end war, famine, and disease in our lifetime.

Whew...I was starting to think some Spook took over your account. Didn't sound like you, Jig.

And, yes, that ava-face does manage to be cynical and adorable at the same time. If that's not how you look, I would be highly disappointed.

In the spirit of your "spirit guide" I would also like to state that I believe a New World Order is in, well, order. TPTB have our best interest at heart. Everything I write is a lie. This could be BIG.

What if we only fed it Junk?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Glut the glutton.... flood the spillway... use the machine against itself.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by The GUT

Glut the glutton.... flood the spillway... use the machine against itself.

~Heff

Just a little thought, but consider this example: What if all of those who are on the fence about the Extraterrestrial subject began to write as if we are totally on board, true believers, and see E.T. as the answer to all societal ills?

I wonder how that might compute and if it would tip the scales for whatever the next phase is?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It is true that the hypothetical "Lab Rat" thesis wouldn't have to be, necessarily--in the words of early internet ARPA computer-engineering pioneer Dr. Jacques Vallee a, "closed control system."

We're probably the Linux open-source equivalent of multiple-party sociological research for academe and Intel alike. They are so often the same, historically, anyway.

Some ATS oldies, but goodies:

These days, with Facebook and Twitter and social media galore, it can be increasingly hard to tell who your “friends” are.

But after this, Internet users would be well advised to ask another question entirely: Are my “friends” even real people?

In the continuing saga of data security firm HBGary, a new caveat has come to light: not only did they plot to help destroy secrets outlet WikiLeaks and discredit progressive bloggers, they also crafted detailed proposals for software that manages online “personas,” allowing a single human to assume the identities of as many fake people as they’d like.

The revelation was among those contained in the company’s emails, which were dumped onto bittorrent networks after hackers with cyber protest group “Anonymous” broke into their systems.

In another document unearthed by “Anonymous,” one of HBGary’s employees also mentioned gaming geolocation services to make it appear as though selected fake persons were at actual events.

“There are a variety of social media tricks we can use to add a level of realness to all fictitious personas,” it said.

Government involvement

Eerie as that may be, more perplexing, however, is a federal contract (PDF) from the 6th Contracting Squadron at MacDill Air Force Base, located south of Tampa, Florida, that solicits providers of “persona management software.”

www.rawstory.com...

From the ever brilliant, gutsy, and righteous mama of truth burntheships: Army of Fake Social Media Friends to Promote Propaganda

And from the balls-out Big Guy himself:

Revealed: Air Force ordered software to manage army of fake virtual people

edit on 7-10-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

ATS an experimental website?

It's funny because I was just in a thread which was an 'experiment thread' and I felt like a fool.

So, I would definitely feel violated if I found out that ATS was an experiment site, not because it's less valuable or I actually think I'm more vulnerable, but simply that my first happy free thoughts of freedom and people who take initiative for the truth would crumble at my feet and turn into men in white coats.

However, having said that, nothing online is hidden. There is always someone watching, analyzing, scoping.

Even though my personal space is invaded, I think anyone who posts online should accept that to a certain extent. Basically, ATS is the same being experimental or not; those who watch will always know anyway wherever it is online.

My personal perception in ATS would be slightly tainted though, as if I'm a voluntary mouse sucking up fresh water and food only so I can be killed later for a larger plan.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Shypeir

I think I have posted this here already, but am too tired to check. If this is an experiment? Then it's a very organic one - as 100% of the content is member generated. All ATS staff - including site owners, are all participants who post, create threads, etc.

I personally don't think it's realistic to imagine one or two dozens guys in either the NSA or Cyber command who get paid to sit and watch ATS for 8 hours a day - or 24 hours per day in shifts. The truth is there are a LOT of conspiracy sites. Do the math and just staffing a 24/7/365 operation would end up solving our unemployment problem in about a week because the Gov would need to hire every able body to sit and watch each post.

I'm a moderator and I probably don't see more than 2-5% of the posts on this board... and I am here ALL THE TIME.

Could some nefarious folks spot check, and possibly disrupt a bit? Personally I think that both are probable.

But, in reality, that no more or less than even FB would probably get.

Just my thoughts.

~Heff
edit on 10/9/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Shypeir

I think I have posted this here already, but am too tired to check. If this is an experiment? Then it's a very organic one - as 100% of the content is member generated. All ATS staff - including site owners, are all participants who post, create threads, etc.

I personally don't think it's realistic to imagine one or two dozens guys in either the NSA or Cyber command who get paid to sit and watch ATS for 8 hours a day - or 24 hours per day in shifts. The truth is there are a LOT of conspiracy sites. Do the math and just staffing a 24/7/365 operation would end up solving our unemployment problem in about a week because the Gov would need to hire every able body to sit and watch each post.

I'm a moderator and I probably don't see more than 2-5% of the posts on this board... and I am here ALL THE TIME.

Could some nefarious folks spot check, and possibly disrupt a bit? Personally I think that both are probable.

But, in reality, that no more or less than even FB would probably get.

Just my thoughts.

~Heff
edit on 10/9/12 by Hefficide because: typo

Yeah you're very right. It would be a very organic one, which is why ATS would be valuable all the time, regardless.

Although if this was an experiment? I hardly can see NASA etc actually reading our material to a tee. It wouldn't be the content we post, but our reactions as a collective ATS mass to happenings and ideas all over the world. Which, really, is nothing more than anything else online. That's how I see it anyway.

Good points. Paranoia is never really a good state of mind, and this idea stems that way. In reality, there's just too many of us...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Actually if ATS is the ultimate cyber parlay.............., and the original Valkyrie race that created it eons ago all died off because................

Vger

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well, Heff, we don't know who all those members are do we? Information channels are always gonna be manipulated for spin in one way or another.

Hey, I don't think they have all those guys you mention working either, but how about a team that studies information flow? I can not only imagine it, but it's a fairly well-documented interest of our science-intelligence apparatus.

Not seeing more than 2-5% of the posts that go through here, imo, only exacerbates how narratives or political spin or socio-conditioning exercises could be slipped in.

But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

It is commonly believed in these communities that ATS is in fact an experimental website where members are given data and their reaction and/or knowledge is observed and recorded.

edit on 2-10-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

I think it's just the opposite.

I think the media gets it's conjecture and headlines from these sites.

Many times I see someone float an idea here on ATS and 3 days later it's suddenly breaking news from some "analyst" on the stain stream muddia.
edit on 9-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I sir/ma'am, take umbrage to being called a lab rat. In my circle, we are called lab mice.

This is a good site to study peoples reactions to subject matter on a psychological level. In that regard, I agree. As far as ATS being nefarious in it's intent by it's owners and fellow ATS members, I do not agree.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's the "sub-sections" that interest me, the "meme-masters" that I find fascinating.

But the truth is, and to be fair, as many have pointed out here, it's bigger than any forum, it's a technological complexity that was predestined to at least collect all known intelligence extrapolated across all kinds of filters and data-banked with the "psychological" imprint of every human-being who is plugged-in and turned on.

Let's assume for a minute that the guys who figured out all this…

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) was the world's first operational packet switching network and the progenitor of what was to become the global Internet. The network was initially funded by the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA, later DARPA) within the U.S. Department of Defense for use by its projects at universities and research laboratories in the US.

en.wikipedia.org...

HISTORY

DARPA’s history of fundamental breakthroughs has altered defense and the world as we know it. Our nation’s global technological leadership is a result of the enormous contribution Defense innovation has made. 

DARPA was created in 1958 as the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA).

The political and defense communities recognized the need for a high-level defense organization to formulate and execute R&D projects that would expand the frontiers of technology beyond the immediate and specific requirements of the Military Services and their laboratories...  

Internet 

DARPA’s (or ARPA’s) involvement in the creation of the Internet began with an idea to link time-sharing computers into a national system.

DARPA and the Internet Revolution (pdf)
More about the ARPANET
DARPA Network Challenge

www.darpa.mil...

…didn't fail to take NWO savant Z-Big's socio-architectural vision of the "technotronic era" into account:

Zbigniew Brzezinski

“The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities. ”

― Zbigniew Brzezinski, Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era

www.goodreads.com...

The following DARPA study suggests they don't miss much and, like I said, "It's the 'sub-sections'--the sociological manipulations--that, for some reason, interest me the most:

DARPA is soliciting innovative research proposals in the areas of

(1) quantitative analysis of narratives,

(2) understanding the effects narratives have on human psychology and its affiliated neurobiology, and

(3) modeling, simulating, and sensing-especially in stand-off modalities-these narrative influences. Proposers to this effort will be expected to revolutionize the study of narratives and narrative influence by advancing narrative analysis and neuroscience so as to create new narrative influence sensors, doubling status quo capacity to forecast narrative influence.

www.fbo.gov...

Still and all, don't get me wrong, the WEB-MATRIX is still a wild and wooly place. Not totally predictable, for anyone, I concur. It's the techno-new age wild-west version of Dodge City. Gotta be quick on the meme-draw thas' all.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join