It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
That's why most of my posts are about love, compassion, and peace.

Maybe if the government reads enough of my posts, they will get the hint.

I doubt it though...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

I knew and I do not care, because they are actually training me and its free.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Im new to ATS, can someone tell me where I pick up my cheese?

They keep moving it anyway, so probably best you start making your own, hee-hee

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Remember in the early days of the internet when you'd go to chat rooms and they'd be overrun with hundreds of people in minutes?

Ever wonder why you don't see such masses on the internet anymore? It's now "regional". What makes anyone think what you see here is what someone else sees in a different sector of the planet?

Over 7 Billion on the planet doesn't it seem odd there's so few who you see here? Everything is not as it seems.

It is indeed an experiment.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just don't think the Gov is that worried about the things said on ATS. Because some of it is simply useless info. If they think monitoring the site will bring about some type of change or new way of doing business, Their wrong. But if we did know it was a Gov site, I'm sure we would all post some really big lies, not just lies, but DAMN LIES.

How much info can they gain in forums about pics of you pets?
edit on 2-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
lies, not just lies, but DAMN LIES.

How much info can they gain in forums about pics of you pets?

You mean like this ?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

i know that the American gov definitely has eyes in here at the least,

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Seeing as the several hundred thousand Members in good standing, are not worried about or upset about ATS enough to post here; leaving the handful of you here to complain

Also taking into account this is nothing more than a complaining chit chat thread now

I will be closing it

A quick recommendation though

We have several million people that come to this site each month. We have several hundred thousand Members in good standing. Our reputation on the Internet is in fact stellar.

So if you don't like it here, or are afraid to post.. Please just log out and don't return.

We would hate for ATS to be the cause of your personal downfall

So with that being said, I am now closing this thread.

Thank you all

Semper

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thread re-opened

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Interesting thread.. shows just how self important some are. I highly doubt the scary NSA is hanging on your every word regardless of how profound your think your posts are.

If I think something is bad or dangerous.. I tend not to keep returning to it, myself. The whole hot stove thing most of us learn pretty early on. This is one of the most curious behaviors of the random ATSer : hates ats and claim some moderator conspiracy, yet posts every day constantly. Says ats is cia or nsa or whatever.. yet keeps logging on! If you arent trolling for folks to help you shoot up something or releasing classified docs... you really arent a blip on anyones screen. Sorry.

I must invoke the immortal words of The Gut.. Dance Chicken Dance.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I found this thread interesting and my reaction would depend upon whether (as I suspected) a moderator would close it....and surprise surprise a moderator closed it.

It has now been re-opened. But why when this topic is raised is it always shut down? There is no reason whatsoever to close this thread. No members have been uncivil and no rules have been broken so we should be free to discuss this openly, whether the OP's premise is true or nonsense.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by racer451

I am a bit confused - but blame myself for posting long after bedtime. What I tried to state was that if one goes to certain other sites they will be told, there, that ATS resolves to Langley. I did not mean to infer that I believed it or thought so myself.

I know the truth. And even if I didn't, I have enough software on my computer to know what packets are coming and going. And from where.

The suggestion I was trying to make is that if one reads such things, then one should find out for themselves, rather than taking it as gospel. That includes everything they read HERE as well. Always fact check!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I personally think ATS *could* be used as a very useful tool in data mining.

But the way I see it, if your not mining my data, you'll be mining some other averge joes.

Meh.
Meh.
Mehhh.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The whole idea of ATS being a Lab and we posters rats tends to elevate ATS, does it not? If we aren't at all noticed, then that means ATS is just a lame conspiracy site haunted by people who largely have no idea what they are talking about posting things no one in their right mind would read to a completely lost cause. The only recent outside description of ATS I read called ATS a "cranky conspiracy site." In other words, despite all our collective brilliance, the outside world doesn't think much of the mindset here. It's like someone thinking their blog is going to influence the national election results. To claim ATS is a "Lab" is just an attempt to make it special.

In other words, the real truth may be that ATS is in the academy of the overrated. We frequently hear that ATS is the "busiest site" with hundreds of thousands of members, but look at the actual statistics and you'll see a mere 55% of these "members" have actually posted at all and 75% of THEM have fewer than 20 posts. The traffic on this site is produced by a few thusand members. Observe:

Total member accounts: 270,275
Members who have posted: 149,062
Percentage of members who have posted: 55 %
Number of members with 20 or fewer posts: 113,665
Number of members with 20 to 100 posts: 18,944
Number of members with 100 to 500 posts: 10,509
Number of members with 500 to 1,000 posts: 2,505
Number of members with 1,000 to 5,000 posts: 2,433
Number of members with 5,000 to 10,000 posts: 220
Number of members with more than 10,000 posts: 109

I'm not going to bother further analyzing the stats here, but basically the large majority of posts here are done by 1% of the membership. ATS is kind of like a puffer fish. It looks big until you take out all the air, err, water.
edit on 10/2/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Personally, I have OCD and ADHD so my agendas are cunning and evil, but I lose interest in them after about eight minutes because I get distracted by shiny stuff. (from Heficide)

I think that damn shiny stuff is a government conspiracy to throw us off of our................................there it goes again.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bintim
Personally, I have OCD and ADHD so my agendas are cunning and evil, but I lose interest in them after about eight minutes because I get distracted by shiny stuff. (from Heficide)

I think that damn shiny stuff is a government conspiracy to throw us off of our................................there it goes again.

HEHE!!! This just may be the best post of the whole thread.
I DONT have ocd or adhd and I lose all interest in minutes. Even my own threads.

I never understood the "agendas" thing.. as long as I have been online which has been YEARS someone always has an agenda and someone is always whining about being a victim of said agenda ( some even run off and make sites concerning the nefarious agendas ) . I run a pretty heavily trafficked site and mod it when Im not feeling predatory.. and somehow we have an agenda as well. Its a site attached to a business for professionals involved in what is sold and "maintained" on the site. Agendas.. pfft. I think those who have agendas themselves see agendas everywhere.. and since we are all on a conspiracy site discussing agendas...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

If you want the truth its above your post.

I heard ATS now linked to satellite, with geolocation they can pinpoint you, send strong laser down and cut you to half in 3 minutes after your post. Thats why we all need to wear tinfoil hat when browsing ATS, to deflect the laser.

At least thats the theory.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid

If you want the truth its above your post.

I heard ATS now linked to satellite, with geolocation they can pinpoint you, send strong laser down and cut you to half in 3 minutes after your post. Thats why we all need to wear tinfoil hat when browsing ATS, to deflect the laser.

At least thats the theory.

Nope.. ya gotta keep up on the latest in tinfoilery. Im now working on a full faraday cage with a little harness attachment so my dog can pull me around the house.
www.theatlantic.com...#

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Shh... You know how much money those stats are worth? You have to use a glass half full approach when you sell it to advertisers...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
you've got it backwards buddy.......

ATS Is the R-ATS and we're the
LAB (rador retrievers).....?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join