It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will not believe what you see [Netanyahu's case to bomb Iran...I mean Iraq]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TTAA2012
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I don't suppose that having been attacked by Iraqi SCUDS during the first Gulf War had anything to do with the way he felt about Saddam huh?

By the way, since you obviously don't remember, Israel didn't have anything to do with Desert Storm yet they were targeted anyway just because they could be.

Leave Bibi alone.

He's the only one with honesty and balls in the fight. At least he tells it like it is, unlike our Pussy in Chief who thinks he that if he kisses enough Muslim ass they'll be our friends. Muslims laugh at Obama, considering him weak; and they're right.

Mark my words, once SCUDS tipped with chemical/biological weapons land inside Israel, Damascus and Alleppo will burn. If any of them come from Iran, say goodbye to Tehran as well; probably the capitols of every Arab country that gets to feeling a bit froggy. This war is going to turn into a nuclear one, all because 1.2 Billion Muslims can't let 6 Million Jews have a postage stamp of a country that has been their only spiritual home for thousands of years.

If they try to wipe Israel off the map, they're going to learn the same lesson that Pharaoh learned when he himself pronounced the last plague in Egypt. What they visit on Israel will be returned a hundred fold, in nuclear fire. If I were the leader of a Muslim nation, Israel's 600 undeclared nuclear weapons would play a large part in my calculus.

This hits the nail on the head. I agree 100%

Don't know how other people can not see this.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TTAA2012

HAHAHA.

I think I'm in love. JK!

But still, you're arguing has been very very good. I don't even think I could be so witty.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forrest4Three

I don't suppose that having been attacked by Iraqi SCUDS during the first Gulf War had anything to do with the way he felt about Saddam huh?

Ooo History, Can I Play?

June 7 1981
Israel Bombs Iraq Nuclear Site
This could be the REASON Iraq tossed a few Scuds at Israel, I would have too!

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
June 7 1981

news.bbc.co.uk...

Iraq fired indiscriminately at Israels civilian populations some 10 years after the fact simply to provoke Israel into retaliation in an attempt to break up the Gulf War-I coalition.

It failed and so does your analogy IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I try and base my arguments on facts rather than emotion.

Yet you use a good deal of emotion in presenting your facts. Mustn't forget about that.

I'd like to ask why it is that they haven't expanded their borders beyond the original UN mandate.

Apparently winning land after fighting a DEFENSIVE war, should, like in the game of monopoly, go back to GO and get their land back.

I tried explaining that law and logic shouldn't function that way, that people should be penalized for causing damage, likewise, aggressors should be punished for starting wars. Since the Arab League - Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Syria etc, started the war - of course being abetted throughout by the indigenous Palestinian population, than the aggressors should lose that land that they lost. That's the punishment.

Do not cry and whimper and say 'but what did the Palestinians do': the Palestinians are no different than any other people, if they supported the people who waged war, then they likewise must suffer the consequences of their loss.

This is basic logic, but Israel haters seem to have thrown logic completely out the window. It is like a pathological social insanity that flares up every now and then, where the world becomes inflamed - or perhaps a group of propagandists help to inflame that insanity - and the world hunts down it's Jews.

In this case, I will not say so harshly that the world is hunting Jews. Today, it's become much more subtle; the Jew, in his religion, and the Jew in his ethnicity or "race" has been supplanted by the nation state of Israel; the nation state of Israel is the "Jew" of the world. And just as the Jews in ancient times had libels thrown against them, so too today does the world traduce the Jewish state, ranging from accusations of genocide, ethnic cleaning, to organ stealing.

It really is the exact thing. People who are honest can only either life with glee, enjoying the spectacle of the return of antisemitism (these would be the mentality of those who hate Jews, or Judaism, or the metaphysical disposition of the Jews) or amazed at how so many people can be so swept up in something so obviously disproportionate, unfair, exaggerated etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

They shot missiles at their nuclear sites. Iraq shot missiles at Tel Aviv neighborhoods.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It failed and so does your analogy IMO.
No Problem Slayer.
You know the Expression about Opinions.
Israel Bombing a Nuclear Site be be commonplace to some, But it is still an Act Of War, IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

They shot missiles at their nuclear sites. Iraq shot missiles at Tel Aviv neighborhoods.
And who Shot First...........

Kinda an important Piece of this Debate.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Iraq was building a very dangerous weapon, so Israel had every right and reason to attack their nuclear facilities.

Iraq, 10 years after the fact, shot missiles at Israeli neighborhoods just because they were within range to.

If you cannot see the difference, you have severe mental problems.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Iraq was building a very dangerous weapon, so Israel had every right and reason to attack their nuclear facilities.

Iraq, 10 years after the fact, shot missiles at Israeli neighborhoods just because they were within range to.

If you cannot see the difference, you have severe mental problems.
So, Using your "logic".
The neighbouring Countries around Israel have the Right to Bomb Israels Nuke Plant..
Its no secret about the intent of Dimona.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So lets apply the same to Israel striking Iranian nuclear sites. If Israel were to launch a strike on Iran which decimated their nuclear sites and Iran lobbed 1000 missiles into Israel as a retaliation, whos fault would it be if 20,000 Israelis were obliterated and of course the same in Iran?

This is how I see it.
- If Israel were to strike, that is a declaration of war and Iran have every right to strike back even at the expense of civilians in Israel.
- Israel should be held accountable because of their first strike and their paranioa.

The very same in the Iraq situation. It seems Israel are going to be like this as long as they are in the Middle East concerning sovereign nations and their ambitions.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Aww come on people Bibi is like Mahmoud he's just always misunderstood.

Second.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Forrest4Three

Ooo History, Can I Play?

June 7 1981

news.bbc.co.uk...

Like the Jarhead said, the analogy fails. If I were Saddam Hussein and my nuclear reactor had just been bombed - and if I had any balls - I would have retaliated against Israel with my SCUDS immediately.

But you think he would wait for ten years? That's like coming home from work to find your dog pooed on the carpet and you rub his face in it thinking that will deter him from pooing on your leopard-print shag carpeting in the future. Any vet will tell you that dogs don't think like people. Not only to they often eat their own poo of their own volition, but they also lack the capacity to connect the two events (the pooing and the rubbing of their nose into the poo many hours later.)

No, Saddam fired SCUDS at Israel during Desert Storm hoping to draw Israel into the war, which would make remaining part of the Coalition problematic for the Arab countries that were fighting against him.

ISRAELI RESTRAINT in the face of nearly two score successful SCUDS attacks on Israeli civilians prevented the Coalition from becoming unraveled. Had the Jews fired back - which they had EVERY RIGHT in the world to do - Desert Storm would have had to have been fought by Western countries alone. (To be honest, the Arab members of the Coalition did absolutely dick anyway, but that's beside the point.)

A lot of people forget the fact that the Israelis are doing their damnedest to be decent human beings, even to their enemies. Thousands of Arabs from Gaza and the West Bank are treated in Israeli hospitals every year FOR FREE. Arab Israelis make up 20% of the population is Israel proper, and they have the exact same rights as a Jewish citizen; Arabs even sit in the Knesset. So please don't tell me that Arabs and Jews can't live in peace because it's being done every day; in a democratic Israel.

But some Arabs like those in Hamas still want to destroy Israel, which endured 8,000 - EIGHT THOUSAND - rockets and mortars landing in civilian neighborhoods in the year leading up to Operation Cast Lead before they decided to defend themselves. That sounds like a state that is practicing a great deal of restraint, and hardly the genocidal, blood-thirsty, land stealing vermin that Jew bashers say they are.

I try and base my arguments on facts rather than emotion.

Yet you use a good deal of emotion in presenting your facts. Mustn't forget about that.

Once I make up my mind about something, I defend my beliefs passionately; but my position is based on the facts and not on emotion. The most basic fact is that if Israel is "committing genocide" it's the slowest damn genocide the world has ever seen; a few thousand in 65 years? Israel has 2-600 nuclear weapons. If they were really intent on wiping out Arabs and/or Muslims, that feat could be carried out in an afternoon.

I bet my bottom dollar that once Israeli restrain has run it's course, we're going to see the other side of the coin. If Israel feels that it's existence is threatened, if they are really faced with extinction once again, there is always the Sampson Option. And I believe they'll use it.

"Never Again" indeed.

I'd like to ask why it is that they haven't expanded their borders beyond the original UN mandate.

Apparently winning land after fighting a DEFENSIVE war, should, like in the game of monopoly, go back to GO and get their land back.

I tried explaining that law and logic shouldn't function that way, that people should be penalized for causing damage, likewise, aggressors should be punished for starting wars. Since the Arab League - Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Syria etc, started the war - of course being abetted throughout by the indigenous Palestinian population, than the aggressors should lose that land that they lost. That's the punishment.

I feel the same way. Just like marbles, if you lose the game your opponent takes your balls; and keeps them. Which is how it should be.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join