It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan: ‘Do you want Barack Obama to be re-elected? Then don’t vote for Ron Paul.’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan made a pitch to Ron Paul supporters during a rally in Lima, Ohio, on Monday when asked why libertarians should support the Romney-Ryan ticket.
"For those of us who would have voted in the primaries for, say, Ron Paul, why should we vote for you and not, say, libertarians or Vermin Supreme and the Pony Party or something like that?" a man from the audience asked during the question and answer session.
"Do you want Barack Obama to be re-elected?" Ryan asked. "Then don't vote for Ron Paul."

Link: news.yahoo.com...

You gotta love Paul Ryan begging for Ron Paul voters to come crawling back after he just helped subvert the democratic process in his own party a mere month ago in Tampa.

Talk about taking their votes for granted. I think they just thought they could completely screw Ron Paul out of a fair shake in competing for the nomination and everyone would just be too stupid to notice.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

As an Obama supporter, I am the opposite. Go ahead, vote Ron Paul-You have my full support.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It just blows my mind what people will believe. How does voting for someone else count towards the other guy? Why would it count for Obama and not Romney?
These politicians spill nonsense and people just lap it up not willing to even think that it doesn't make sense. If I was to vote for Ron Paul or even Gary Johnson then that is a vote for them. Not anyone else. There is no splitting the vote.

We need a third party, maybe we even need 5 or more party systems. Deciding between the lesser of two evils just isn't getting it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I just thought about this. With the way Romney is running his campaign, how easy would it be for the RNC to blame a Romney loss on Ron Paul and Gary Johnson supporters? Great way to prevent more people from waking up is to fuel hatred and contempt for the ones that are awake.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'd rather not vote at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Then don't vote, and if you are in fact not planning to vote, then stay out of political forums...........doesn't make any sense to have an opinion on politics if you aren't planning on doing anything with your opionion!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I am an Indy/Lean Dem voter.

Obama v Romney - I vote Obama.

Obama v Paul - I vote Paul.

The GOP has thrown away/doesn't want to win this election. (IMO)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I won't vote for Ron Paul.

I'll vote for Gary Johnson!

Take that Ryan and Mittens!

Johnson is polling at 3.5-6% in Ohio recently.. the highest a Libertarian has ever gotten is 1.5%

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Then don't vote, and if you are in fact not planning to vote, then stay out of political forums...........doesn't make any sense to have an opinion on politics if you aren't planning on doing anything with your opionion!

Actually not voting is a political statement and anyone expressing themselves that way, has as much right to express their opinion as you do.

edit on 24-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Dear Ryan: If you're the alternative, then yes, I want Obama to stay in and Romney to stay the hell out. Don't tell me how to vote.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I am voting. For Ron Paul, I would rather not vote at all if not for Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Don't presume to tell anybody that they aren't entitled to an opinion based on how they exorcise (or not) their right to have their say in the democratic process. SMH, the arrogance of some people never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I will write in RON PAUL in bold caps and black out the other ass clowns with a sharpie.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't particularly want Obama to get re-elected and am not going to vote for him. Worse, I really don't want to see Romney get elected. I am not planning on voting for him either.

The Republican Party screwed-up big time with the way they treated Ron Paul, showing their true colors. They and the media continually said Ron Paul was not a threat, so why make the effort to marginalize him? They marginalize themselves. I hope Romney gets his butt reamed with sandpaper this November.

Gary Johnson likely has my support this season.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
For those saying they will write in Paul ... you know write ins are not counted right?

Just vote for Johnson.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama rather obvious:

Every vote that takes away from Romney will keep Obama in office,.

Come people the Ross Perot and Ralph Nader effect,.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Me too!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Every vote that is taken from Romney is also taken from Obama. How does that keep Obama in office?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Gee, I would have guessed the GOP might have thought about that before convention time. Oooops!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I watched the RNC and I thought it was so great when delegates proudly announced their votes for Ron Paul, it was truly inspiring to see so many stand up to the two party system.

I do agree with others who posted previously though........the choice of two evils right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join