It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan: ‘Do you want Barack Obama to be re-elected? Then don’t vote for Ron Paul.’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
He's right (of course). It's the Ross Perot effect all over again from the 1992 election. Clinton only got 43% of the vote and won. Bush Sr and Perot made up the other 56%. 43% is staggeringly low (John Kerry got 48% and lost in 2004). Democrats aren't the ones voting Libertarian or Green or Independent. If Gary Johnson or Ron Paul get any significant votes Obama is guaranteed a victory.

Of course we all know from the 2000 election the total number of votes doesn't equal election victory.
edit on 25-9-2012 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama rather obvious:

Every vote that takes away from Romney will keep Obama in office,.

Come people the Ross Perot and Ralph Nader effect,.

This is only true in Romney world, where he assumes a Ron Paul would otherwise be a Republican voter. Show me a poll that bears this out. Some 5 years ago I was actively volunteering for Paul and I can tell you as many of the people volunteering were historically Dems as there were people historically Repubs.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by neo96
A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama rather obvious:

Every vote that takes away from Romney will keep Obama in office,.

Come people the Ross Perot and Ralph Nader effect,.

This is only true in Romney world, where he assumes a Ron Paul would otherwise be a Republican voter. Show me a poll that bears this out. Some 5 years ago I was actively volunteering for Paul and I can tell you as many of the people volunteering were historically Dems as there were people historically Repubs.

What are you talking about? Ryan was directly answering a question from the audience (of Ron Paul supporters) on why they shouldn't vote 3rd party.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

What are you talking about? Ryan was directly answering a question from the audience (of Ron Paul supporters) on why they shouldn't vote 3rd party.

And a bad answer it is.

He didnt even try to sell them on Romney. He just tried to focus their dislike of Obama.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Cowgirlstrait...up...

You dont have any right to sit on your own cowgirl tail and complain about anyone else. You don't have any right to tell someone what forum they can read based on their opinion that the dummies we are "allowed" to vote for aren't worth voting for!! You don't have any right to tell the people that are not happy with America to "GET OUT".. you're a hypocrite. Your posts let us know that you too are unhappy with America. So... YOU left yet? Huh? Stopping your fingers from typing those derogatory, hypocritical, uneducated words would be a good start. I should do that too; but your post just hit me in the right spot to get me flamed a little... not too bad. Yet. I'll not look at this again, so I won't get myself in trouble... but you are plain rude cow. By the way, all cows are girls... so I am trying straight up to not be redundant. Some people... guh... I can't even finish this topic. Your words truly disgust me.

I also thought about, what's the use in frigging voting this year!!!?? I mean really... Neither Obama or Romney is MY choice, so wth bother? Who do you think you are to run your mouth about what someone can read based on their personal decision. I've read only three posts from you, and you sound like one of those trouble makers that like to sit on their *$$ and tell others what you think they should do, while being condescending and snide. Shame on you for your cocky arrogance. I don't like people like you at all, that'd be the only reason I'm choosing to back out of this particular thread... I'm not happy with America now either; but that doesn't mean I need to get out! idiots...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

You gotta love Paul Ryan begging for Ron Paul voters to come crawling back after he just helped subvert the democratic process in his own party a mere month ago in Tampa.

Talk about taking their votes for granted. I think they just thought they could completely screw Ron Paul out of a fair shake in competing for the nomination and everyone would just be too stupid to notice.

Yes, they try anything and everything to keep the voice of Freedom quiet. Paul Ryan, this guy needs watching.

He is the Chairman of the House Budget Committee, where he works to bring fiscal discipline and accountability to the federal government. He is a senior member of the House Ways and Means Committee, which has jurisdiction over tax policy, Social Security, health care and trade laws.

Paul is a graduate of Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville and earned a degree in economics and political science from Miami University in Ohio.

paulryan.house.gov...

“Paul Ryan is a phony and a disaster,” says John Dohner, president of Local 95 of the United Auto Workers in Janesville, Ryan’s hometown. “The people I know aren’t fooled by his smile or surprised by his votes. They see him as a slickster, not a friend.”

www.progressive.org...

The Truth about Paul Ryan

Knowing this, I don't believe a word he says, just another shill with his hands in the pockets of the Rich Elite. Oh, by the way, Ryan, I WILL be voting for Ron Paul, no matter what you, and your little yes men say.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Obama is getting re-elected no matter what, The republican party screwed the pooch, theres no recovering for them this time.

Its a game, they are sacrificing Mitt for a Jeb Bush run next time, 4 more years of obama and people might overlook another Bush...

Either way Im not voting one of the Two parties, its not about beating obama, its about doing what right.

For once IM not voting for one of the two offered up choices, even if it accomplishes nothing, I will know that I did the right thing.

Im not giving my consent to any of the two Ass clowns running.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If you vote for the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for evil. Then there's the issue of karma. I believe that if you vote for the lesser of two evils there are karmic consequences involved that are very bad for your soul.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm not voting. The whole "lesser of two evils" things doesn't appeal to me. That's like asking someone to choose between being tortured via electrocution or tortured via waterboarding. They both suck. I've always been a registered Libertarian, but I can't even bring myself to vote for the party since I know that it won't matter anyways.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
To politicians everywhere, i hope an earthquake hits your mansions and your mansions alone, im sick of hearing you, im sick of seeing your ugly faces, and im sick of your laws and lies. Again, may an earthquake hit your houses.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If you want Obama out, then DON'T vote for Ron Paul. Ron Paul will NOT win. IT WILL BE A WASTED VOTE!!. Romney is the only chance of getting Obama out of office.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
reply to post by Monger

Touche...........but it's very similar to people saying they hate America.......well if that's the case then MOVE! You cannot affect change if you sit on the sidelines, but I see from the poster, he/she does intend to write in a vote. Okay, then, that works, but your assertion that not voting at all is somehow voicing an opinion is asinine. Take care.

How cute... another poster spouting off the things they have been told and they believe to be correct.

Perhaps you might even want to read this article to gain another perspective...

As with all statist memes, the reality is the opposite. You can't complain if you *did* vote!

Why? Because, *gasp* you voted for it!

By taking part in the state's voting ritual, you affirm the legitimacy of the system, you tell the government how you want the state's machinery to run, you say how you want to force people to live.

By not voting, you are voicing your displeasure with the system, you are showing it has no validity in your life, you're showing it's irrelevant and the system is an illegitimate fraud.

Source

I am actually in support of people NOT voting on a massive scale. Roughly 75% or more STAYING HOME on Election Day. Treat our Government like some third world country, declare this Government illegitimate and say in one voice that they no longer represent the interest of the People or this Country.

Fact is, our Government no longer serves the interest of the People. If they did, there would not be so many unhappy voters right now. If they did, we would not 6 trillion in debt. If they did, there would have been no banker bailouts. If they did, we would not be occupying foreign lands. If they did, we would not still be involved in wars for 11 years and counting now.

So what are we to do when the Government no longer serves the interest of the People? Well, the Declaration of Independence tells us...

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

Choosing not to vote is actually a single step in a long process, and it is a peaceful step. The alternative is to take up arms. Which would you prefer?

edit on 25-9-2012 by MrWendal because: fixed tags

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulSearching8
If you want Obama out, then DON'T vote for Ron Paul. Ron Paul will NOT win. IT WILL BE A WASTED VOTE!!. Romney is the only chance of getting Obama out of office.

And you will be putting into Office someone even worse than Obama.

This viewpoint to me is unbelievably idiotic at it's most fundamental levels. It is the same idiocy that brought Obama into power. How quickly we all forget.

After 8 long years of a failed Bush Presidency, voters in droves ran from the Republican Party. In 2008 the mantra was "Anyone but Republicans", now here we are 4 years later and the new mantra is "Anyone but Obama".

How well did this idea work out for you in 2004? What makes you think if this logic failed once, it will be any better this time around? Fact is, it is the same failed logic as it was in 2004.

You are also ignoring every 3rd Party Candidate.

I agree that a vote for Ron Paul is a wasted vote at this point since he is not running anymore. It would be akin to writing in a vote for Bugs Bunny. However there are several 3rd party choices that people SHOULD be looking at, but most voters forget about them. Why? It is easy to do since the media refuses to give these people the same air time as they do Candidates from the Big 2, but history has shown us (or should have by now if you are not blind to reality), that Candidates from the Big 2 are bought and paid for and no longer serve the interest of the people in which they Govern over.
edit on 25-9-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You have to be kidding... Paul Ryan really had the chutzpah to solicit Ron Paul supporters.

I live in Washington State - arguably one of the most liberal states in the union. Even if I were to vote for Romney it would not matter. So, Ron Paul as a write in.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with you...

Do what is right... and neither Obummer or Romnuts is it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If there are significant numbers in a independent, then more msm outlets may start paying attention to them.

For now, its a obvious wasted vote, however, when enough wasted votes are measured, the outcome down the road may make for viability.

Ryan, a new establishment GOP, is not wanting a viable alternative in the future (when he plans on running)....and why would he?

I would recommend people vote on their values, not their obligation. If Romney, Obama, or Paul represents their values best, vote for them...don't vote to stop other peoples values, that is disingenious.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Then don't vote, and if you are in fact not planning to vote, then stay out of political forums...........doesn't make any sense to have an opinion on politics if you aren't planning on doing anything with your opionion!

Because voting for corrupt politicians who screw everything up automatically entitles you to have an opinion vs people who decide to not contribute to the corruption?

edit on 9/25/2012 by eXia7 because: quoted the wrong person

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They did this same thing in 92, they said a vote for Ross Perot is a vote for clinton.

Here`s an idea, instead of using scare tactics and extortion to try to get votes why don`t they actual give people a reason to vote for them?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You are imposters.
Those who say they support Ron Paul but will vote Obama are imposters.
Ron Paul stood for less government. Obama stands for more government.

You are imposters from the Obama camp. You can try to deny it but nobody will believe you except other deceivers.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
double post - sorry

Gary Johnson and Judge Jim Gray for 2012 - Vote Libertarian

And who is Johnson's VP running mate, Judge James P. Gray? - an anti-Drug War warrior of note and merit

Here are a couple videos to give you a good glance at Gray

Judge Jim Gray on The Six Groups Who Benefit From Drug Prohibition

Best Marijuana Argument Ever: Given By Superior Court Judge James P. Gray

edit on 25-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join