It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama "I Actually Believe In Redistribution"

page: 4
25
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation
 


Have any idea whatsoever why Alaska can give 1000 bucks?

Because the have an asset they can sell on the global market that pays for it unlike those social engineering programs that have nothing to back them but stealing from Peter to pay Paul.




posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation
 


Have any idea whatsoever why Alaska can give 1000 bucks?

Because the have an asset they can sell on the global market that pays for it unlike those social engineering programs that have nothing to back them but stealing from Peter to pay Paul.


This is hilarious. You believe in yourself so staunchly that your perspective blinds reality, a reality in which you are defending the position you think your arguing against.

Question: Who is Peter and who is Paul in the Alaska example?

I'll give you hint, all the people working on the North Slope to extract the oil, spending weeks away from their families at a time, risking their lives in some cases - those people are Peter. The population of Alaska as a whole, all those people taking $1000 a year from the government, well yeah, you guessed it, those people are Paul. The government is doing the robbing. You can slice it anyway that you want, but this is what is happening. The government is taking revenues from the oil companies and distributing it to the population. The Federal Government's entitlement programs are doing the exact same thing, except they are taking money from the employees of all industries and redistributing it from there.

On top of that the Federal Government is subsidizing big oil, which further muddies the waters on the whole Alaska thing: if there were no more federal subsidies for oil companies, would AK residents still be getting the 1K a year, and with that in mind, maybe Peter is a whole lot bigger than originally posited. Additionally, if we wanted to give every single person in the US (311.5 million per Google 30 seconds ago) $1000/year it would take only 23.2% of the 2011 revenues from Exxon, Shell and BP (1.342 Trillion USD) to get there! Easy as pie!

Cheers!



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


Just how is Obama robbing from the rich?

He's NOT! Nor is he stealing from the poor. They have nothing left to give! He is only stealing from younger and future generations, and giving it to his favored cronies NOW.

See ya,
Milt



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
What chance does anybody have when all those in power are, in reality, conspiring together? The game is rigged for all to fail.. eventually.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The problem is *who* is getting robbed and *who is getting redistributed.

It aint the rich... it's people who used to be middle class, the lower class, giving to the soon to be legal illegals and illegals.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
Nonsense!

Capitalism is based on the buying and selling of goods and services. Until "Obamacare" was passed, no one in this country was ever FORCED to buy one of those goods or services.

That's an economics fact!


See this is how people are confused. Capitalism is not the buying and selling of goods or services. It is the private ownership of the means of production. Buying and selling can happen outside of capitalism.

The problem we have is not buying and selling, it is the fact that the means to produce products for the market, or just simply for our needs, are in the hands of the few and they use that to exploit labour, making extreme wealth for themselves at the expense of the many.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I can't believe how jaded most of my generation is. I grew up in a somewhat democratic community with a majority lower class population. Once I grew up a little, started making a little money and a life for myself I changed my views completely. I am a firm believer that the voting age should be raised to a higher age than 18. Most of the "adults" this age are in no way prepared to make a decision on who should run this country. I'd bet the majority just rolls with whatever they were brought up to support. I, myself did not have many economic views at that time and my social views were more askewed to serving my own wants rather than what would be best for the country as a whole.

Redistribution of wealth is socialism and if anyone thinks that Obama does not support this, then they are blind. I worked for everything I have and there is no way I believe any of that should be taken to support anyone else. Wake up people!!



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by neo96
 


My friend, Both Parties believe in Redistribution.

The only Difference is in which Direction.

GOP = Money heads North, Rich get Richer
Dems = Money heads South, Poor receive aid


At times perhaps it used to be this way but now they're both supporting the rich and their efforts to rig the system. the biggest difference is that the Republicans no longer seem to believe they're trying to look out for the best interest of the poor while the democrats still make some effort, no matter how bad, to pretend they are; this is made easier by the fact that the Republicans are so extreme they can look good by comparison as long as people don't consider additional options.

If people stop buying the propaganda from the corporate press and rely on the right alternative media they'll be screwed.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by neo96
 


My friend, Both Parties believe in Redistribution.

The only Difference is in which Direction.

GOP = Money heads North, Rich get Richer
Dems = Money heads South, Poor receive aid


I have to agree with this. It's a sham. The GOP still wants to collect your taxes so the GOV can continue to buy weaponry from the military industrial complex...which most of them are either directly or indirectly stockholders and/or owners. They want the money siphoned to the top so they can return to the days of the Robber Barons, or even worse, the days of fiefdom.

I read an article years ago...lol...before the interwebz...that said the inevitable outcome of a society like ours is that all the wealth will eventually be collected at the top unless their is a concerted effort to prevent it. The study basically said that if you took all the money and equally divided it, it would eventually, perhaps generations down the road, still end up in the hands of the largest corporations.

I don't have a steadfast philosophy over these kinds of things, it is what it is.

The social safety net does have a function I suppose. It helps those that have stumbled or have been tripped up by no fault of their own...granted, it is supposed to be a temporary hand up, not a permanent hand out.

I guess I actually do have a philosophy about these things. I would prefer a very small Gov that gets out of the way and lets people earn their own living doing whatever they love. I personally do not care how they choose to do it...just get over your moral superiority complex and let people trade freely among themselves and the crap will work itself out.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
Be ok if they redistributed it to Americans.

There redistributing it to other countries.

Modern day robin hood thieves


The goal is to take the USA down a notch.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So the republicans trying to make an issue out of nothing, seriously taxes ARE redistribution in some ways. If the republicans think this will help them they are crazy, and either way most people don't know and/or don't care about "redistribution".

It's sad to see how desperate they are right now, Romney is even trying to win the latino vote, interesting to see he now seeks the vote of people he NEVER cared for, does he really thinks that the latino are stupid?



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I realize the knuckle-draggers will simply dismiss this because it's Rachel, and she's gay and stuff, but if you're the least bit interested in facts, here ya go. Another example of how Fox whores itself to the Republican party
.maddowblog.msnbc.com...



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101
So the republicans trying to make an issue out of nothing, seriously taxes ARE redistribution in some ways. If the republicans think this will help them they are crazy, and either way most people don't know and/or don't care about "redistribution".

It's sad to see how desperate they are right now, Romney is even trying to win the latino vote, interesting to see he now seeks the vote of people he NEVER cared for, does he really thinks that the latino are stupid?


Obama knows that admitted - socialists - do - NOT - get elected in America.

The solution is to masquerade as a moderate.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Double post.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Seeing how the statement was made 14 years ago....and he got elected...I would assume no one really cared about something that was said...and if you watch and listen or read to the entire message...it's not socialism...not sure what you call it, but it has things like "competition" in there...the socialists/communists don't like that word..."competition.

It's another sham....Robo-Romney got caught in a 5 month old video disrespecting nearly half of America and in a panic to strike back, the dredge up a 14 year old video that had no impact 4 years ago either...desperate actions.

I hope neither one win, but the hypocrisy of the Robo-Romney camp is quite striking and remarkable to watch. or did you miss the thread about Mitt's mother talking about the welfare George received? Mitt's position on the social safety net and people feeling entitled to "food" is called hypocrisy...and it doesn't get elected either.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Flow101
So the republicans trying to make an issue out of nothing, seriously taxes ARE redistribution in some ways. If the republicans think this will help them they are crazy, and either way most people don't know and/or don't care about "redistribution".

It's sad to see how desperate they are right now, Romney is even trying to win the latino vote, interesting to see he now seeks the vote of people he NEVER cared for, does he really thinks that the latino are stupid?


Obama knows that admitted - socialists - do - NOT - get elected in America.

The solution is to masquerade as a moderate.

Keep believing that nonsense, Romney likes redistribution to himself, what do you call buying a company, taking it to bankruptcy to transfer the assets to himself? Of course he won't call it redistribution, he'll call it business.

This is a complete non issue.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Flow101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by Flow101 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Flow101
So the republicans trying to make an issue out of nothing, seriously taxes ARE redistribution in some ways. If the republicans think this will help them they are crazy, and either way most people don't know and/or don't care about "redistribution".

It's sad to see how desperate they are right now, Romney is even trying to win the latino vote, interesting to see he now seeks the vote of people he NEVER cared for, does he really thinks that the latino are stupid?


Obama knows that admitted - socialists - do - NOT - get elected in America.

The solution is to masquerade as a moderate.

Keep believing that nonsense, Romney likes redistribution to himself, what do you call buying a company, taking it to bankruptcy to transfer the assets to himself? Of course he won't call it redistribution, he'll call it business.

This is a complete non issue.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Flow101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by Flow101 because: (no reason given)


Ask anyone in politics if self declared - socialists - ever get elected.

There is a very good reason why Maxine Waters keeps quiet 99% of the time.

Socialists lose.

-----------
Occasionally, they do come out to say hello.

Socialist actor Edward Asner came on the The Factor with Bill O' Reilly a few months ago.

" I am a socialist ."


They're here.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by clayb2004
I can't believe how jaded most of my generation is. I grew up in a somewhat democratic community with a majority lower class population. Once I grew up a little, started making a little money and a life for myself I changed my views completely. I am a firm believer that the voting age should be raised to a higher age than 18. Most of the "adults" this age are in no way prepared to make a decision on who should run this country. I'd bet the majority just rolls with whatever they were brought up to support. I, myself did not have many economic views at that time and my social views were more askewed to serving my own wants rather than what would be best for the country as a whole.

Redistribution of wealth is socialism and if anyone thinks that Obama does not support this, then they are blind. I worked for everything I have and there is no way I believe any of that should be taken to support anyone else. Wake up people!!



And anyone who doesnt think that both the GOP and Dems support redistribution is utterly blind.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by buster2010
 


Trickle down works man haven't been paying attention to those billions being pumped to China?

Where they should be pumping money here and the reason they aren't is well know because it is more expensive here than there.


Yeah, you missed the part where even the architects of trickle down admitted it doesnt work.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Seeing how the statement was made 14 years ago....and he got elected...I would assume no one really cared about something that was said...and if you watch and listen or read to the entire message...it's not socialism...not sure what you call it, but it has things like "competition" in there...the socialists/communists don't like that word..."competition.

It's another sham....Robo-Romney got caught in a 5 month old video disrespecting nearly half of America and in a panic to strike back, the dredge up a 14 year old video that had no impact 4 years ago either...desperate actions.

I hope neither one win, but the hypocrisy of the Robo-Romney camp is quite striking and remarkable to watch. or did you miss the thread about Mitt's mother talking about the welfare George received? Mitt's position on the social safety net and people feeling entitled to "food" is called hypocrisy...and it doesn't get elected either.


The MSM hides damaging info on Obama.

Just yesterday NBC was the only network that "refused" to air the "redistribution" clip of

Obama. - Reason: they were not sure it really was Obama.-


--------

Andrea Mitchell belongs on Saturday Night Live.



new topics

top topics



 
25
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join