It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man stabs lover to death after she didn't tell him she had HIV before they had sex

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Extenuating circumstances, emotional distress, health and safety issues...

This guy isn't serving anywhere close to life, I can tell you that much.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
She really did the same thing to him, just in a different way. She basically killed him. He COULD have acted differently, though I can't say that we would know how we would react to that situation. It is like a guy holding up a place with a needle full of his blood. He would be considered armed and a real threat. She did a similar thing but instead of a needle she used her genitalia. I am sorry she had to die, but she went into the uncharted waters of the human minds insanity when faced with death that she imposed.

edit on 10-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Sleeping with someone if you knowingly have aids is not murder. It is risky, stupid and probably unforgivable. It is an ethical matter rather than a legal one because contrary to popular belief sleeping with someone who has aids once does not mean you will catch it.

Actually it is a legal matter. In California it is a criminal act to NOT tell someone you are infected. In the Case of Christian vs Hudson, Mark Christian was awarded $5.5 Million.

Cases brought in civil court seeking damages for transmission of HIV normally are brought under tort law including battery, fraud, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligence. One of the most famous of these cases was that brought by Mark Christian in California. Christian was the sexual partner of actor Rock Hudson and claimed that Hudson had continuously denied that he was infected with HIV. Although Christian was never infected, he won a jury award of $5.5 million for emotional stress caused by exposure to the virus. It is clear that lawsuits will continue to be filed by those who find themselves waking up to a sexually transmitted disease. Whether or not these suits will succeed remains to be determined within the framework of tort law - is there intent, negligence and/or fraud? As such diseases proliferate, the American courts may face a growing number of suits brought by angry victims.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Didn't think so.So quit talking out your ass.

Fact is anyone can get HIV. And anyone who has it can give it to someone. Man or woman.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
it's difficult for a woman to give a man hiv.

And this is how std's are spread. People thinking it's hard to catch or can't be transmitted when there are no symptoms and other general ignorance.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Oh really now? Care to back that up with some real stats?

not really

I can, it's True

The guys an Idiot

In general, the risk of a man getting HIV from a woman during vaginal intercourse in the United States is low--probably less than 1 of 1,000 exposures will result in actual infection.

As bugs bunny would say "What a Maroon"

he succeeded in ending his own life though so he gets some points for that right? lol

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

And this is how std's are spread. People thinking it's hard to catch or can't be transmitted when there are no symptoms and other general ignorance.

Yeah well that's great for a public service announcement, sure... I personally would prefer to never have sex with anyone who is hiv positive for just that reason

None the less the odds are around 1 in 1000 in the states for Hiv transmission from female to male from heterosexual sex... not exactly something to just start the killing over because it's doomsday anyway... he could have done it with a different hiv positive female every day for nearly 3 years and not contracted the virus, he's dumber than a rock...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
According to this en.wikipedia.org... she could have been charged with murder or attempted murder.

If someone tries to kill you, that's attempted murder. If you kill them instead in that instance, that's self defense. This guy can get off on this by using self defense by reason of temporary insanity. It's the same thing if someone walks up to you and plunges a syringe into you with a deadly poison.

I hope this guy gets off and someone gives him a medal. It might make other people with HIV think twice before doing what this stupid lady did.

Of course she waited until after they had sex to tell him - otherwise, no one would sleep with her - On her part, it's a premeditated crime. She got what she deserved IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
My view is that, in a way, this is a good thing. It highlights some of the stupidity around HIV / AIDS and also helps to remove two numpties from the gene pool. She is deceitful and manipulative (clearly) and he is clearly something of a degenerate scumbag. Personally, i won't be losing any sleep over either of these two.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

Not entirely.

While it's not exactly safe, or fair to him?

He's not 100% assured to get it. I believe the rates are lower of a woman trasmitting it to a man.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It's not really self defense.

It's like a guy pulling a gun on you, then walking a way. Then you shoot him in the back. That's not self defense, that's revenge.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I know that this is "going against the grain" but the guy only has himself to blame. Why wasn't he protecting himself with a condom? Why was he even having sex with someone he apparently didn't know very well?

There are reasons for all of those public service announcements about "safe sex" and "HIV". Not only did he intentionally put himself at risk for any variety of sexually transmitted diseases, he also put himself at risk for getting involved in a possible unplanned pregnancy.

It also makes me wonder how many other women this guy has been having unprotected sex with, and what has he possibly exposed them to? Where is his culpability in all of this?

It takes two to tango- when are people going to learn to be responsible for themselves? What that woman did wasn't right, but she didn't deserve to be murdered! It was just as much his own fault as it was hers!

edit on 10-9-2012 by littled16 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

It also makes me wonder how many other women this guy has been having unprotected sex with, and what has he possibly exposed them to? Where is his culpability in all of this?

Surely you meant 'how many other men, this woman has been having unprotected sex with' since she clearly is/was a criminal who has knowingly been spreading a fatal virus around her neighborhood.

She deserved a very long sentence for her actions, not death. C'est la vie.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Originally posted by littled16

Surely you meant 'how many other men, this woman has been having unprotected sex with' since she clearly is/was a criminal who has knowingly been spreading a fatal virus around her neighborhood.

She deserved a very long sentence for her actions, not death. C'est la vie.

While she has probably been having unprotected sex with other men I also think it's more than likely he has also been having unprotected sex with other women. I mean come on, do you really think either one of them thought that "Oh, I won't use a condom just this once"?

If neither of them insisted on using protection with each other I much doubt that they have with anyone else. While she may have possibly infected him with HIV there is no guarantee that previously he may have been spreading around any number of STDs or impregnating women because apparently he doesn't want to use condoms. And who knows how many men the woman may have infected- if she insisted on condoms she wouldn't have had HIV to start with and once infected if she had insisted on condoms she wouldn't have been spreading it around.

My problem is that a lot of the people posting on this thread are all irate and think the woman got what she deserved, but they aren't thinking about the man's culpability in the situation. It is as much his own fault as hers,

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Normally you would assume that someone that is in the relationship is trust worthy, She should have said it before proceeding, or you rather have guys ask everyone women on the first date whether she is HIV positive?

I will not use condom with someone i love, trust and and possibly marry in the future.

Imagine how it would feel for someone(im not saying this man in this OP is a saint), who avoided bad sexual encounters in life to end up getting screwed(pun int lol) by someone and life is over.

i was putting myself in this picture because i turned down "offers" which would turn into such situation but i refused just because the person felt "dirty" and then after someone who you trust comes and do this to you....Of course i would not kill them but my anger level would be passed uncontrollable rage.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
Hopefully her kids don't end up being such scumbags. "She took my life so I took hers" im typically not a fan of vengeance but she had it coming.

No, she did not. Less than a percentage ever gets HIV from a woman. Murder is murder and this guy should have worn A CONDOM!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 10-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The fact of the matter in this case was she knowingly engaged in sexual intercourse without telling her partner she was HIV positive. Regardless of what he should have or should not have done to protect himself she was in the wrong. If someone walks down the street in a bad neighborhood and gets robbed, they are still the victim. Can you imagine if she had done this before and if so how many men? Also I saw the comment about HIV infection and yes women are twice as likely to be infected than men.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Not to be murdered wrong, and its not much a risk wrong. People are wrong doing all sorts of thing. But if people intend to sleep around with others and don't want a less than1% risk, have long term relationships, get blood tests, and wear a condom, but this was MURDER ONE.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Less than a percentage ever gets HIV from a woman. Murder is murder and this guy should have worn A CONDOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets spread that news to the future generation of girls, so in their mind "Meh, its less than a percentage, its not gonna happen why bother telling and ruining a good relationship"...

If its possible, it will happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The problem here is she knew she was HIV positive and not only decided not to tell him but engaged in sexual intercourse. That at the very least is attempted murder.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join