It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Has ZERO Percent Support From African Americans In New NBC/WSJ Poll

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by acmpnsfal

As I mentioned above Black people came out I think because Obama is black. This time they see what he has done with the gay marriage thing. The black conservative pastors are not happy, so they will stay home.

Will it hurt him in the end. It's a possibility. Just like the possibility that not getting the black vote will hurt Romney.

Eh, Black people usually vote democrat historically. You are ignoring a couple of key issues surrounding that election though. Pretty much everyone with a brain was fed up with Bush and the Republican party. Outside of his race, Obama offered change, that was extremely attractive after the turmoil we experienced in America during the Bush years. More Black people did come out to vote, but so did more young voters, 18-25ish. Thats what really won Obama the election. But to be fair the Democrats actually do try to reach out to the Black community and other religious/racial/cultural groups, I have never seen a Republican campaign effort targeted towards any minority group.
edit on 22-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Having racial classes is obsolete and now serves to be a device to exclude rather than include.

Following the same paradigm in religion, all religions serve to bring a searcher of truth to a point then we must let go of the pretense and learn to eat meat instead of milk. Finding then there is only one G_d. It doesn't matter how we got there, it matters if we arrive or not.

As for humanity, we have to see racism and races as half of the struggle which brings us to this point to realize we are all HUMAN BEINGS, of one race, The Human Race.

If we cannot get past these differences, which are conceived through false ideologies designed to divide, and embrace each other as equals, we are doomed as a race and if we cannot adapt to survive, one day the beings who discover what remains of our long-dead civilization will lament at just how close we were to truly making it to the stars.

That last step is often the hardest and it will take those brave enough, strong enough, and willing enough to put aside past-pretense and view each other as equals no matter what color of skin or hair we are.

To cling to the old childish-ways is is like drinking poison and expecting another person to die. Because the divisive propaganda and ideology is more dangerous than poison in that it takes time to work its evil and when we realize we've been poisoned, there is only a few moments in which we have to save ourselves.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

The poll is not fixed just because it did not poll an equal number of liberals and conservatives. In fact, the poll would be fixed if it intentionally sought a sample containing an equal number of Black conservatives and Black liberals because a very large majority of Black people vote Democrat.

In fact, any poll would be fixed if it sough equal numbers of liberals and conservatives because the numbers of liberals and conservatives is hardly ever equal. During certain periods in time, more people are conservative. In other periods, more people are liberal. Some geograhicall regions are more conservative, others more liberal. Some demographic groups are more liberal, others are more conservative.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Then the poll was fixed...

They could not have asked an equal amount of conservatives to liberals....

A random sample isn't fixed...it's random.

This should be basic knowledge for anyone who wants to discuss politics.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

1, People want to believe that race isnt involved in the black communities vote but it is.Lets look at this logically there is alot of pride in the black community that they have a black president,You realize they have been led to believe they are constantly being repressed by society.In the black community there was an elation at having the first black president.They felt this was something they would never see in there lifetime and honestly 10 years ago we would all have agreed with them.

2. In the black community you dont vote republican they use terms like cross overs or uncle toms to anyone who would vote republican.Now Obama will lose black support but it wont show up in polls do to public pressure.However inside the voting booth will be a different matter then the only one who knows is them.

3.i know im a racist.

1. I agree with this 100%
2. Allen West talks a lot about the heat he took for, "leaving the democratic plantation," in his community. Now, he is a very successful individual. He has created communities, he doesn't need to be helped by one like some stray dog.
3. Are there actually any black people partaking in this debate? If not, then we are all racists!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The MSM will have us believe that all blacks are onboard with Obama. The truth is there are MANY black conservatives and even more black republicans.

Only the dems (the people who are supposedly the champions of the black community) bring up race and call people on the right racists. The fact is it’s a complete fallacy!! Only Kool Aid drinkers believe that crap!

Herman Cain – Right Wing Tea Party favorite!

Allen West – Tea Party Favorite!

Many blacks have realized that the party holding them back is the democrat party; the party that for decades has been promising the world and delivering nothing!

Democrats should be ashamed for the lies of the past decades but that will never happen…nope….you’ll just keep perpetuating the lies and false promises. I’m sure the Chicago/Democrat race machine will keep stoking the hatred and provoking the vulnerable after Obama’s defeat in November. Some things will never change.

link   

They are trying with Hispanics actually, except it isn't really working. Hispanics gravitate towards being socially conservative anyway...
edit on 22-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

My point exactly....polls are usually fixed or should I say skewed to get the result the pollsters are looking for....I threw it out there and you answered it for me...

Polls are crap and they are used to control and manipulate the weak minded.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

African-Americans = black people who are American citizens. That make you feel better? You like playing semantics with names.

Doesn't change the fact that Romney has polled the lowest among 'black' Americans, he's accomplished what no candidate has done before - 0% from an entire demographic. (he did abysmally bad among Hispanics as well)

For the record, 12% of the respondents to the poll were black. 74% were white (from Poll Results - PDF File) That's very close to the general population demographic for the country (72.4% vs 12.6%) (from Demographics of the United States)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Boy if only the republicans could have seen what chaos would ensue if we nominated a Cain/West ticket. (This scenario was in the rumor mill for a long time and many conservatives are still on board with it as they are unhappy with Romney)

What would the democrats do then?
edit on 22-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Easy way to kill the black people only vote for black people argument. If Condoleezza Rice was running for president against Joe Biden, who do you think would get most of the black community's support?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

As a Republican, I couldn't have said it better myself....this is the truth everyone tries to deny:

Democrats actually do try to reach out to the Black community and other religious/racial/cultural groups, I have never seen a Republican campaign effort targeted towards any minority group.

The Dems always pander to minorities, use devisive techniques and are the kings of racism and discrimination.

The Republicans work for everyone....they don't have blinders on that see only color or sex etc...and just because some are more extreme in their religious beliefs does not speak for all of us...people are people....not rich, poor, black, white, gay etc........just people....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Boy if only the republicans could have seen what chaos would ensue if we nominated a Cain/West ticket.

What would the democrats do then?

It would be nice but we KNOW what the dems would do…..they’d call those men “uncle Tom” and all kinds of choice expletives.

Because REAL BLACKS are dems…anything else is a travesty and should be scorned!!

edit on 22-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Not necessarily, when one applies the principals of statistical analysis to the poll.

The poll is only looking at a sample of the entire population, and not the entire population as a whole. Pollsters, applying statistical methods, may "filter" the raw data to exclude anomolous results.

Let us say I took a truly random sample of 100 people. It just so happens that one of these people thinks Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are really space aliens from Jupiter who are out to colonize Earth so they can send Jack in the Box hamburgers to the planet pluto. It would be inaccurate for me to say, based on my sampling, that 1% of the population or 3 million people, hold this view. I would need to "filter" that guy out.

If 5 of the 100 people felt this way, we might be getting somewhere. It might be safer to say that ***approximately*** 5% of the population holds this view. I still would not feel entirely comfortable saying ***exactly" 5 % of the population holds this view. It could be that my sample was not truly representative of the entire population and there could be more (or less) people that hold this view. After all, I could have been "lucky" enough to find 4-5 people who had this unique view that I would not find if the sample was truly reflective of the total population. (I could have also been "unlucky" enough not to catch more people with this view).

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Easy way to kill the black people only vote for black people argument. If Condoleezza Rice was running for president against Joe Biden, who do you think would get most of the black community's support?

Dont know but i do guarantee Biden wouldn't be mentioning anything about her wanting to put people in chains!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You are right in that many polls can be subjected to inaccuracies, particularly if the pollsters have an agenda. The way the questions are worded, for examle, can affect the results.

That is not to say all polls are complete rubbish. Polls often predict the results of elections with accuracy, which is why politicians care about them and pay attention to them.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The OP says:

No wonder the GOP is doing what it can to suppress voter turnout in urban areas in swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania.

The only voter turnout the GOP is suppressing is ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS by checking ID!

Nobody would want to win with a bump from illegal votes, right???

Some people are here to purposely tow the party line…what a load of propaganda this thread is!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

As a Republican, I couldn't have said it better myself....this is the truth everyone tries to deny:

Democrats actually do try to reach out to the Black community and other religious/racial/cultural groups, I have never seen a Republican campaign effort targeted towards any minority group.

The Dems always pander to minorities, use devisive techniques and are the kings of racism and discrimination.

The Republicans work for everyone....they don't have blinders on that see only color or sex etc...and just because some are more extreme in their religious beliefs does not speak for all of us...people are people....not rich, poor, black, white, gay etc........just people....

Ummmm, could you give me an example of the Republican party working for everyone? Lol. What you are missing here is that Democrats try to identify with their voters not pander. They try to make them feel like they understand their struggles and are working to improve society. The Republican party usually only tries to appeal to working class white voters. With characters like that Joe the plumber clown. Their voter base is mostly older white people, shouldn't that tell you something? They like to pretend that there is no discrimination or classism still alive in this society unless its against someone who is a white christian. Currently the conservatives are trying to stop gay couples from having access to equal rights. They are always trying to instill their idea of family values onto the majority of America. And yet they work for everyone? They don't see gay? Lol, funny.
edit on 23-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And killing early-in person voting. And purging large numbers of eligible voters. Pennsylvania alone purged 750,000 voters - all because these voters lacked a state-issued ID card. Denying it is taking place is truly propaganda...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It would be more interesting to see a poll of only black voters and see what issues are most important to make them go to the polls.

America's debt?
Jobs?
The "war on women by the republicans"?
Taxes?
Home foreclosures?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join