It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Has ZERO Percent Support From African Americans In New NBC/WSJ Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Romney Has ZERO Percent Support From African Americans In New NBC/WSJ Poll
(mediaite.com)

A new NBC/WSJ poll out Tuesday shows President Barack Obama with a four-point lead over presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney. But as is often the case with polls, some of the more interesting numbers were in the details. For example? Romney snagged zero percent of African-American voters.

Among key demographics, the poll noted that Obama had a lead over Romney. The most stark being when it came to African Americans: 94 percent to 0 percent. Via NBC:

Looking inside the numbers, Obama continues to lead Romney among key parts of his political base, including African Americans (94 percent to 0 percent), Latinos (by a 2-to-1 margin), voters under 35-years-old (52 percent to 41 percent) and women (51 percent to 41 percent).

His lead among those groups isn’t surprising, but hard for the number zero not to catch a person’s attention.

How badly has the GOP alienated the African-American population? Obama leads Romney among African-Americans: 94 percent to ZERO freaking percent .

No wonder the GOP is doing what it can to suppress voter turnout in urban areas in swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This sure worries me deeply....and it's far beyond the issue of which loser between the two no one much likes actually wins this thing.

The division here is suggesting a much deeper and serious divide that transcends any election. The election is simply what is showing it so clearly. Obama got over 90% of the Black vote in 2008..but the open hard feelings and ongoing issues to keep those fires burning weren't around then. Yikes.... We're in bad shape for anything approaching unity as a nation.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

People who vote republican shouldn't worry about the number because the democrats keep on thumping on african americans to kill their babies, which I believe is unholy, to say the least.

Democrat elite are trying to stage a race war, if you can't see that, you're blind.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
(Self-Snip) ...avoiding a contribution to the very problem it was written to observe...

Great thread Black! I appreciate the timely info and take on this.

edit on 22-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Its almost like the GOP figured they weren't getting that demographic to vote their way so they might as well completely alienate them entirely.

Much of the voting laws, and attempts at taking away voting hours in certain areas seem to suggest they are attempting to pre-empt the lower income vote.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

How badly has the GOP alienated the African-American population?

Politics shouldn't be about pandering. Democrats pander to a coalition of different groups, who sometimes have clashing interests...all to ensure their votes.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Obama is black and that is all that matters to the African Americans. Now, if they actually cared about anything he did, they would just agree with it anyway since most blacks are liberal. (no not all, I said most)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
[snip]

Romney is promising a lot of free stuff. But unlike Obama Romney's free stuff is for the wealthy only.
edit on 23/8/12 by masqua because: Racist remark in quote removed

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
[snip]

And you think black people only vote for people who give them free stuff???

So now, if I call you a racist...are people going to call me a racist for doing so???
edit on 23/8/12 by masqua because: Racist remark removed from quote

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What a bold face lie.
So out of the few.......hold on African Americans can't vote, unless a non-us citizen can vote that is.
If you mean black people then it is still a bold face lie.
You mean to tell me that not 1 black person (if you mean black and who can vote) does not Support Romney?

edit on 8/22/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Obama is black and that is all that matters to the African Americans. Now, if they actually cared about anything he did, they would just agree with it anyway since most blacks are liberal. (no not all, I said most)

So all black people are racist that only wants to vote for black people.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Obama is black and that is all that matters to the African Americans.

Look at that...more racial stereotyping.

Nice of you to reduce a whole segment of Americans down to idiots who just vote based on skin color.

Nothing like some facts to bring out the racists on ATS.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

is white people voting for white people racist?

Your question makes no sense. as does mine above. Stop playing racial politics.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You said black not him, the post is about African Americans, so unless the op means black people then............
you said it not him, however it was a dumba** thing to say.

edit on 8/22/2012 by GunzCoty because: Why do i always forget the T

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

please explain how my comment is racist????

95% Blacks Voted for Obama in 2008

How's that fact for you guys. I'm also guessing your both black?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty

You said black not him, the post is about African Americans, so unless the op means black people then............
you said it not him, however it was a dumba** thing to say.

edit on 8/22/2012 by GunzCoty because: Why do i always forget the T

Yeah...you completely missed the point.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Did I?
Or did you?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It should be noted that Bush 43 garnered 11% of the black vote, so that means Romney is thus far grossly under performing Bush. The gap has also widened substantially compared to Bush among Latinos and women as well. Obama has also narrowed his gap among whites, a group where Romney out polls him 53 to 40.

And in a funny bit of unintended consequences, it looks like the new voter ID law in FL will hurt Romney. Florida has the oldest population and many do not have the required ID. I live in FL. We just had our primary. Turnout was down massively -- only 11%. A post I read on another site said that in the posters district, 30 voters were turned away from the polls due to lack of proper ID per the new law. ...all of them were seniors...and they were all registered Republicans.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

please explain how my comment is racist????

95% Blacks Voted for Obama in 2008

How's that fact for you guys. I'm also guessing your both black?

African Americans always vote overwhelmingly democratic.

In 2008, Obama had increased percentage across all demographics...not just African Americans.

But you reduce them down to just voting for Obama because he is black...yes...that is a racist statement.

And no, I'm not black...which just shows how wrong you are....all of the time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join