It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Has ZERO Percent Support From African Americans In New NBC/WSJ Poll

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Sadly Romney's 4% black vote is probably them. There aren't that many. So the margin of error still applies. Although there are a lot of black social conservatives who are not happy about the gay marriage thing or Obama's war on Christianity.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So my wife is not Pakistani she is Scottish American? Oh hey I'm not white anymore I'm American.
Sorry, but to say all African Americans are black is racist.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is interesting, especially considering Obama has alienated some Black conservative religious leaders with his stance on gay marriage. These influential "spiritual" leaders are telling their congregations not to vote for Obama, they will probably listen. So if they aren't going to vote for Obama or Romney, who will they be voting for?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

African-Americans are American citizens from an African ancestry
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

No an American with an African ancestry is an American.
Not all Africans are black so stop being racist.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so

The descendents of the African slave trade, who fought for their civil rights to be able to vote, are generally referred to as "African Americans".

Show me one.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Probably not. He might still get 90% or so of the Black vote, but there would be much more Black people who would have a less favorable opinion of him. Turnout amongst Black voters voting against Obama would also be significantly lower.

I think your right we are talking about single digit percentages here. Maybe up to 10%. It really doesn't matter how much black vote Obama or Romney will get because they will lean towards their stereotype.

Weather or not that has something to do with skin color we could argue for ages, but it probably is true. African Americans have never had the chance to vote for a black man before! It's the first time in history so of course the African American base would be rallied up and enthused. This time around there is no enthusiasm. The regular percentage of black people still love Obama but the ones who normally don't vote and voted for him in 2008 probably won't vote for him again this time. They will likely stay home. They'll never vote for Romney.

As the poll shows.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

It was conducted by the Wall Street Journal, subscribers = 2,069,169, over 400,000 online subscribers, it's owned by Rupert Murdoch, it is considered to have a conservative slant. I don't know what the racial demographics of it's readers are.

But this is the first poll of this scale for any GOP pres. candidate to flatline on an entire racial segment of the population. He didn't pretty badly among Hispanics, too.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Anyway enough with the racist trolls.

As I posted before this is just a bold face lie, even 1 person is still a % and I think that more then 1 person is in support of him, no?

link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty

So my wife is not Pakistani she is Scottish American? Oh hey I'm not white anymore I'm American.
Sorry, but to say all African Americans are black is racist.

How does it feel to be the only person in the room that doesn't understand the difference between race and what country you are from???

link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

As I mentioned above Black people came out I think because Obama is black. This time they see what he has done with the gay marriage thing. The black conservative pastors are not happy, so they will stay home.

Will it hurt him in the end. It's a possibility. Just like the possibility that not getting the black vote will hurt Romney.

link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
Anyway enough with the racist trolls.

As I posted before this is just a bold face lie, even 1 person is still a % and I think that more then 1 person is in support of him, no?

Not in this poll.

Do you understand what polls are???

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

There in lies the problem with polls...I think it is impossible to know the ratio of conservative blacks to liberal blacks while accounting or social conservative blacks that may be registered dems but won't vote that way.

So you can't tell anything from a poll.

If you have 50 conservative blacks and 50 liberal blacks...then the poll would probably say 50 % to 50%, right?

But if you have 96 liberal blacks and 4 conservative blacks, then you have 4% to 96%.

And since the poll was done by NBC.......I wouldn't trust the results. Alot of blacks have changed since the 2008 election, alot are turning their backs on the dem. Party.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I don't know, please tell me

Or did you not get it yet?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Then the poll was fixed...

They could not have asked an equal amount of conservatives to liberals....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Well if that's the one sided way you want to play it then I'm sorry...........hold on.
Hey I just took a poll and %100 of Americans in this poll do not support Obama and will vote against him.

You know Qutkast you're right, the made up polls don't mean a thing.

edit on 8/22/2012 by GunzCoty because: lol i had pool lmao

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

We all know for a fact Black conservatives do exist. I sometimes go out for drinks with a staunchly conservative Black fellow. All polls, like this one, are prone to error because they only look at a sample of the entire population, rather than the entire population. Just because they are prone to some error, it does not mean however that their results are completely useless.

Let us take Black conservatives as an example. The poll probably sampled hundreds of black people from various geographic regions and income groups. There were probably a few conservatives in the group. It might be that these conservatives just happened to like Obama for some reason, even though they typically vote Republican. Even if these conservatives did choose Romney, their numbers may have been so small the pollsters, using the principals of statistical analysis, had to report the number as zero.

This is not to say that there are absolutely no Black people who are going to vote for Romney. We may be able to conclude, however, that the number of Black people who support Romney is very small. So small in fact, that if you took a random sample of a hundred or so Black people, it is highly probable not a single one would vote for Romney.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

please explain how my comment is racist????

95% Blacks Voted for Obama in 2008

How's that fact for you guys. I'm also guessing your both black?

African Americans always vote overwhelmingly democratic.

In 2008, Obama had increased percentage across all demographics...not just African Americans.

But you reduce them down to just voting for Obama because he is black...yes...that is a racist statement.

And no, I'm not black...which just shows how wrong you are....all of the time.

People want to believe that race isnt involved in the black communities vote but it is.Lets look at this logically there is alot of pride in the black community that they have a black president,You realize they have been led to believe they are constantly being repressed by society.In the black community there was an elation at having the first black president.They felt this was something they would never see in there lifetime and honestly 10 years ago we would all have agreed with them.

Now human nature we dont like to admit flaws in people we support.We do it for sports heros when they commit crimes we try to defend them.In politics its very hard to admit you backed the wrong horse. As an example i voted for Obama in 2008 however now i have changed my mind and can no longer support him.Now the consequences for me is eating crow with some friends and lets not forget all the i tried to tell you .In the black community you dont vote republican they use terms like cross overs or uncle toms to anyone who would vote republican.Now Obama will lose black support but it wont show up in polls do to public pressure.However inside the voting booth will be a different matter then the only one who knows is them.

finally last point to some people here calling someone a racist no longer has any meaning its been over used in society today. Its used for personal gain much to often and has lost its meaning when you have people like Al Sharpton who made a living off race baiting.Ill save you guys time though you know nothing about me i know im a racist.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Yup. You said it. To me its a non-issue because I'm not Black. I don't care who or what they vote for. I can try to understand it and to me its perfectly clear what is and has happened. The blacks are just becoming non-political I think. They like women do not like to be used as political leverages for any party and people assuming what they should or should not do and how they should vote.

I am friends with a full blown libertarian end the fed Ron Paul supporter and he is a black geek with a degree in computer science! He would never vote for Obama, but then again, he didn't grow up in Chicago or Hawaii. He grew up in a republican area in Florida full of whites and upper middle classers!
edit on 22-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I am friends with a full blown libertarian end the fed Ron Paul supporter and he is a black geek with a degree in computer science! He would never vote for Obama, but then again, he didn't grow up in Chicago or Hawaii. He grew up in a republican area in Florida full of whites and upper middle classers!
reply to post by jjf3rd77

And that's the key to this poll because these Ron Paul people don't support Romney.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join