It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Has ZERO Percent Support From African Americans In New NBC/WSJ Poll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
And once again the members of ATS fall victim to another thread that makes them argue about race and stereotypes and not the issues. I thought people came here to escape that b.s.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

A non us citizen can't vote. So no African Americans can vote unless they become a American, but then they would not be African Americans.
So what are you talking about? Votes that are illegal?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

African Americans always vote overwhelmingly democratic.

In 2008, Obama had increased percentage across all demographics...not just African Americans.

But you reduce them down to just voting for Obama because he is black...yes...that is a racist statement.

Seems like you don't know the difference between a guess and a fact.

Yes. Blacks vote Democrat. Obama is a democrat. Obama is black. Put two and two together. Skin color can have a major difference in the race as Obama is the first African American elected President. His audiences are predominantly black people. I read somewhere that Clinton didn't have as many black people vote for him. In fact, no President in American History had as many black people vote for Obama as they did. They came out in numbers because he talked about the things they cared about because he is from that same social structure. The Black Community From Hawaii to Chicago. Very Liberal and predominantly African American.

It helps to learn a little about the community organizer before you go saying he doesn't pander to black people and that anybody thinking this is a racist. I don't understand that thinking at all.

Isn't it also racist to say that Haha Mitt Romney got no support from black people!!! Haha He is a boring white guy...

C'mon. The facts are the facts.

edit on 22-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

But you reduce them down to just voting for Obama because he is black...yes...that is a racist statement.

Then why have I seen countless interviews of black people that said themselves they voted for him because he was black?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty

A non us citizen can't vote. So no African Americans can vote unless they become a American, but then they would not be African Americans.
So what are you talking about? Votes that are illegal?

I seriously can't tell if you are a serious or not.

African Americnas aren't us citizens???

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
pretty sure Obama has the hispanic vote too. women are 51% for obama and 43% for romney, but as more news comes out of paul ryan's crusade against the reproductive freedom of women i expect that 43% to sharply fall into the mid 20's

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

No they are African citizens and if you are talking about black people then you're racist because not all African Americans are black.
An old high school girlfriend of mine was African American, yet she was as white as me, and for an update she now lives back in South Africa married with kids.

SO NOT ALL AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE BLACK, to think that is racist .

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Man that's some crazy tactics right there!!!! I never thought of it that way! I am a pure white nerd so everyone is black to me. I just call all people people darker than me black (not the ones I know who are Italians or Hispanic mind you very distinct differences)

But man you just blew my mind there. South African. Good one!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Yes. Blacks vote Democrat. Obama is a democrat. Obama is black. Put two and two together.

Be my guest...put two and two together for me. I want to see this horrible logic played out to the end. Let me help you out...this is what you have so far.

Premise 1: Blacks vote Democrat
Premise 2: Obama is a democrat
Premise 3: Obama is black

YOUR CONCLUSION: Blacks voted for Obama because he is black.

Do you even need me to show you your logical flaw...it is staring you right in the face.

His audiences are predominantly black people.

Please show me proof for this ridiculous claim...I'd love to see some statistics that shows that out of all of his audiences...they are all PREDOMINANTLY BLACK.

Your illogical thinking goes above and beyond....holy crap.

In fact, no President in American History had as many black people vote for Obama as they did.

Do you have any facts to back that up???

Do you not understand that Obama had record turnouts for most demographics across the board??? Why do you single out African American voters and claim they only voted for him because he is black???

They came out in numbers because he talked about the things they cared about because he is from that same social structure. The Black Community From Hawaii to Chicago. Very Liberal and predominantly African American.

Oh look...you are backtracking...how cute.

What happened to them voting for him only because he is black??? Remember...you said that's all they care about.

You just wrote that....how do you forget so soon???

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I agree with you that Democrats typically have very strong support among Black voters. It is not unheard of for 90% or more of the Black voters to side with the Democrats. I do however think it is just common sense to point out that Black voters typically strong support of Democratic candidates may even be stronger given that not only is Obama Black, but he is the first Black President.

We should also point out there is a margin of error in every poll, including this one. Assuming nothing in the poll's methodology is wrong, Romney could still have up to 4% of the Black vote just because the margin of error may be about 4%.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

How badly has the GOP alienated the African-American population? Obama leads Romney among African-Americans: 94 percent to ZERO freaking percent .

McCain only got 5% of the black vote in 08'!!

I’d say Romney is doing pretty damn well all things considered. After all, he’s running against the first REAL black POTUS (Clinton was the first) and the actual campaign hasn’t even started; the convention is next week!

Oh, and the race baiting is in full effect too…

edit on 22-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Then why have I seen countless interviews of black people that said themselves they voted for him because he was black?

So since you have seen SOME say that...then it is ok to say that ALL think that way???

Do you understand the definition of stereotyping???

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

No they are African citizens and if you are talking about black people then you're racist because not all African Americans are black.
An old high school girlfriend of mine was African American, yet she was as white as me, and for an update she now lives back in South Africa married with kids.

:bnghd:

The poll...and every sane person that says "African American" is speaking of the RACE...not the geographical origin of the person.

Are you intentionally trying to be this dense....I honestly hope so.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Do you?

African American is a race now? FFS when did this happen?
Truth is you're just as racist as the people you claim are.

BTW Only racist people say "African American" and mean only black people.
edit on 8/22/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I agree with you that Democrats typically have very strong support among Black voters. It is not unheard of for 90% or more of the Black voters to side with the Democrats. I do however think it is just common sense to point out that Black voters typically strong support of Democratic candidates may even be stronger given that not only is Obama Black, but he is the first Black President.

I'm not denying that.

I'm challenge the moronic statement that black people only care about him being black.

And I'm sure every demographic had SOME people in it that voted for him because he would be the first black President.

But that doesn't excuse idiots from claiming that all black people only vote for Obama because he is black and that is all they care about.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by jjf3rd77

1. Premise 1: Blacks vote Democrat
Premise 2: Obama is a democrat
Premise 3: Obama is black

2. Please show me proof for this ridiculous claim...I'd love to see some statistics that shows that out of all of his audiences...they are all PREDOMINANTLY BLACK.

3. Do you have any facts to back that up???

4. "They came out in numbers because he talked about the things they cared about because he is from that same social structure. The Black Community From Hawaii to Chicago. Very Liberal and predominantly African American."
What happened to them voting for him only because he is black???

1. That's what you told me. You said Blacks vote Democrat. That's racist!
2. I just gave you an article saying that 95% of blacks voted for Obama. What more proof do you need?
3. Look at the article.
4. Obama panders the black vote because that's all he knows. He was born in that community. He helped them in Chicago and he helped organize groups for things that they cared about. He does the same thing in Washington as President. He's a very consistent person as he's been doing the same political tactics for years and people like you drink up his kool-aid!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Do you?

African American is a race now? FFS when did this happen?
Truth is you're just as racist as the people you claim are.

BTW Only racist people say "African American" and mean only black people.
edit on 8/22/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

I know I'm being trolled...because you can't be this dense and still know how to use a computer.

www.census.gov...

The racial categories included in the census questionnaire generally reflect a social definition of race recognized in this country and not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically. In addition, it is recognized that the categories of the race item include racial and national origin or sociocultural groups. People may choose to report more than one race to indicate their racial mixture, such as “American Indian” and “White.” People who identify their origin as Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish may be of any race.

OMB requires five minimum categories: White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

What sort of cave have you crawled out of? African-Americans are American citizens from an African ancestry - aka "blacks". Just like Irish-Americans are American citizens from an Irish ancestry, etc.

The descendents of the African slave trade, who fought for their civil rights to be able to vote, are generally referred to as "African Americans".

Not sure why you would play so dense on this topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have a question.....

how many black conservatives were included in this poll?

Because if black conservatives weren't included in the poll then it was fixed and the results don't mean squat.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It is also foolish to suggest that significant numbers of Black people do not have favorable opinions or more favorable opinions of Obama just because he is Black.

All things being equal, would Obama's polling numbers with Black voters be the same if he were white?

Probably not. He might still get 90% or so of the Black vote, but there would be much more Black people who would have a less favorable opinion of him. Turnout amongst Black voters voting against Obama would also be significantly lower.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join