It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Has ZERO Percent Support From African Americans In New NBC/WSJ Poll

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

And killing early-in person voting. And purging large numbers of eligible voters. Pennsylvania alone purged 750,000 voters - all because these voters lacked a state-issued ID card. Denying it is taking place is truly propaganda...

No ID = NO VOTE!

Who the hell doesn’t have a state ID?? You can’t cash a check, open a bank account, drive, buy a beer or smokes, GET A JOB, etc without ID!

edit on 23-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You think every 80-year old living in an assisted living care center has a driver's license, or drives down to the store to buy beer? Yet these are the precise demographics Voter ID laws hurt. How about when you are poor and your SSN card and work ID are your only IDs, because you don't drive and don't have a bank account (because you can't even afford the minimum balance to keep one open). When the Pennsylvania voter ID law was being debated the Pennsylvania Voter ID Coalition determined that 12.6% of registered voters in PA don't have a state-issued ID, they get by, like many do, with other forms of ID. These weren't 'illegals', they were normal people. Just like that, their own country led by fascists in the GOP stabbed them in the back and told them they could no longer vote. For old-timers living a care facility, who usually get help getting to a poll, being told that now to participate in a process they've been a part of for decades, they'll have to somehow get down to a DMV to get another ID, it's all about disenfranchising them from the voting process.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

The only thing they are trying to stop is the government forcing religious institutions from performing same sex marriages if against their doctrines.

The republicans want government out of our lives while the democrats want governments controlling every part of it right down to telling people what they have to accept as their beliefs.

Same sex couples get health insurance coverage and everything else already...nobody is being discriminated against. They are just forcing this acceptance crap and in America no one has to be forced to accept anything.

And it is a states issue not the federal government so it shouldn't even be part of a presidential campaign.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

What I don't understand about the voter ID issue is how these people do not have an ID. I mean I can see an elderly person maybe having an expired drivers license or ID but young people? I got my first photo ID when I was 15 years old, I needed it in order to start working. Every job I have ever had asked for my ID and social security card. And even if you don't drive, I cant see a person over 21 not having an ID, you need it to drink which most people do at least occasionally. Also, in order to cash a check, you need a valid ID.
edit on 23-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Excuse me? Lol. This is not about "religious" marriage, gay couples have been getting married in churches for awhile now, and their marriages are not recognized by the state. Gay people want their relationships, if they decide to get married, to be defined as marriage under the law. They do not have access to all the benefits that straight couples do if married everywhere. Some states have gay marriage some have civil unions, but all states do not yet legally recognize same sex marriage.

Democrats are not pushing you or anyone else to accept anything. Your personal beliefs are your own. You don't have to agree with it but you also don't have to attempt to limit others chances for happiness and freedom.
edit on 23-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Obama is black and that is all that matters to the African Americans.

Look at that...more racial stereotyping.

Nice of you to reduce a whole segment of Americans down to idiots who just vote based on skin color.

Nothing like some facts to bring out the racists on ATS.

Not like you didn't just stereotype all Texas Republicans as country bumpkins over in your other thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I didn't get my first ID until AFTER I enlisted in the military. I grew up in the country. Too remote for me to bother going into town for something that at that time was superfluous.

After leaving the military I went to college. While there, I didn't have a car (couldn't afford it) and let my DL expire. I got by on my student ID. For 3 years I had no government photo-ID. Banks didn't have a problem with it, I opened one at the campus center with my student ID.

What does all that prove? Nothing, that was just my personal experience.

For the GOP to foist last-minute Voter ID laws on the eve of an election, without allowing for the inevitable bureaucratic cluster**** that it will surely cause, shows their only real interest is to minimize voter turnout among a demographic that traditionally doesn't vote Republican.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

What's to stop them from mailing in their ballots like the military? I bet it's easier for them than having their adult children come pick them up and transport them with their walkers and wheelchairs and hang around in long lines for an hour or two.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

A non us citizen can't vote. So no African Americans can vote unless they become a American, but then they would not be African Americans.

And this here, boys and girls, is a prime example of a poster child for legal abortions well into the 4th trimester.
Do they still graduate you from the 3rd grade in Georgia?

And if you got a divorce, would she still be your sister?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

SO NOT ALL AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE BLACK, to think that is racist .

How about if I say all blacks are Afican American, racist?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN

SO NOT ALL AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE BLACK, to think that is racist .

How about if I say all blacks are Afican American, racist?

O_o Not sure if racist or just incorrect. Not all Black people are African American. Black people come from other places around the globe besides Africa. African American is usually used to describe Black Americans descended from slaves.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Look the reason for it is to stop illegals with ID's from the Mexican consulate from voting in a Presidential election. If you don't understand why, then I don't know what else to say,

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
A poster above said:
"Politics shouldn't be about pandering. Democrats pander to a coalition of different groups, who sometimes have clashing interests...all to ensure their votes."

Maybe you should pass that along to your boy Mitt. The story of this entire election is about Mitt pandering to the hard right. There is not a single position he claims to hold for which there is not an exactly opposite statement on video from him when he ran for MA governor. Here are a few gems:

"It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam."
"I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there."

"I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time that my mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a US Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years, that we should sustain and support it, and I sustain and support that law, and the right of a woman to make that choice."

“I am pro-life. I believe that abortion is wrong except in cases of incest, rape, and to save the life of the mother.”

"I'm not trying to return to Reagan-Bush."
"Ronald Reagan is... my hero."

"I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation."
"There's no question raising the minimum wage excessively causes a loss of jobs."

"I saw my father march with Martin Luther King."
"I did not see it with my own eyes."

Not a word the man says can be believed and only the most gullible would. His entire history is one of pandering.
edit on 23-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
HaHaHaHaHa

Romney = fail

I guess he really did pay people to cheer for him at the NAACP event

NAACP Official: Romney Flew In Black Supporters To Back Him During Speech To Civil Rights Group

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I can't understand why blacks would vote for Obama.

the Unemployment rate for blacks is well over 14%.

The commieprog agenda must be doing a good job of hoodwinking.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Romney personally outsourced jobs & destroyed companies and you're really talking about unemployment rates?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Its hard to believe anyone out there would vote for the party that believes in government assistance for the rich, while using all their remaining energy to fight against healthcare for the poor.

If Republicans hadnt decided to make their base the racist, religion pandering, pro war, anti-woman, anti-environment, worship the (job) creator platform, they might have a shot. They are lost, out of touch, and betting on the dark side of humanity. It's actually better for the world for Republicans to lose..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Bush had the rate under 5% before the Democrats took over Congress.

That was long after Romney was involved at Bain too.

I don't understand why blacks are happy with Obama.

Romney could easily get the rate back down to 5% very soon after taking office.

Think about it.

Where did all that Obama stimulus cash go?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Give Romney credit for speaking at the NAACP. He won't get their vote, but has their respect.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Why are African Americans so racist? A country can't develop into a harmonious society of prosperity and equality when one voting block is almost 100% racist. I predict troubling times ahead.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join