It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
reply to post by rigel4

What happened to make you think it's all untrue?

You need to open your mind to the truth and dig and dig, you will see that for every report that has the wow
factor, there is just as good a Alternative Earthly reason for the UFO.

The CIA, the American military and other Governments have made it their business to sow and nurture this
phenomenon to cover their Black OPs.

The rest is usually Misidentification, hoaxes and lies that grow into urban myth, and a few other unresolved case,but just because they are unresolved, doesn't make them Alien.

There is also the distance thing, unlikely that hosts of different aliens have made this possible through their advanced tech! Then there is the sheer number of sightings, again this is unlikely.

The size of the alleged craft is, again for me all wrong. Alien craft would be very very large, small craft with one or two aliens aboard just seems wrong to me. Why travel hundreds of light years to Earth with just a couple on board, and small craft couldn't fuel them selves i have thought.

Once I connected all the dots it just doesn't seem feasible, but each to their own.

edit on 22-8-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

reply to post by something wicked

I'm firmly convinced intelligent alien craft are visiting Earth. To me it's all pretty basic no doubts at all. You don't really think anything in this thread could influence me do you?
I have equally strong conviction that this is 99.99% psyco-social phenomenon. ATS has completely convinced me of this where as a year ago I was leaning towards aliens.

Exactly right bro.... I came to ATS thinking that Alien craft were visiting and somewhere on the internet the
evidence was there, the people who had seen them were there too.

Wrong.The same stuff is posted over and over, by people just like I was a couple of years ago.

Be careful not to confuse the UFO hypothesis with the ETH. There is in my opinion, after doing the research, absolutely enough evidence to support the existence of a class of craft exhibiting incredible flight characteristics, and furthermore that they are intelligently controlled. It is, however, a further inference to say that these craft are controlled by non-humans. But to say that humans are controlling these craft seems to imply things that are really difficult to accept:

Now assume that these craft are black projects run by our government.

This would mean that our government is flying, on a more or less regular basis, its most top secret anti-gravity (!) craft over residential areas, pacing and following airliners, and often doing this in broad daylight. It would imply that our government has had fully functional prototypes, for at least over 70 years, of anti-gravity craft. Judging from the observed behavior of these craft, they appear to be able to move in and out of Earth's atmosphere, and it's not such a great leap to assume that they can travel vast distances through space with ease. In other words, a trip to Mars would be a joke. Now, given that all of this seems highly unlikely - what would be another viable explanation? These things are clearly under intelligent control, and all of the evidence very strongly indicates that they are not 'ours'. But if they're not ours, and they're under intelligent control, then whose are they? And remember, these craft are seen moving freely in and out of water, as though they are enmeshed in their own artificial environment. Does this sound like human technology to you?

Now assume that these craft are controlled by non-human intelligences.

They are often seen over and in public residential areas. A non-human intelligence would not only not care about their technology being seen by the public, but they seem to be in residential areas for the very purpose of studying humans. These craft are also seen to be pacing or hovering around airliners, helicopters or military aircraft. Their behavior strongly suggests that they are actually studying how our technology works. Their apparent disinterest in doing so out in the open also suggests that they simply don't care about their technology being seen out in the open. These craft are also seen hovering over highly protected military bases. This also suggests that they are studying our capabilities, and such overt behavior is also in line with a superior intelligence that knows that it is superior. It is certainly not in any way the behavior of a black project.

Now which explanation seems more plausible? At the very least, the human explanation has got to sound absurd. I mean, why would humans be flying anti-gravity UFOs next to an airliner, or next to a military helicopter? To study these bizarre airplanes and helicopters? It makes far more sense that UFOs are seen pacing our aircraft in order to study them and their capabilities. And why would humans be flying UFOs in residential areas? To get a better look at some new real estate?

When you look at this from a purely objective standpoint, all of these behavioral patterns suggest that humans are not controlling these UFOs, and at the same time, all of these behavioral patterns are consistent with the idea that they are being controlled by a non-human intelligence.

Original Post

Also, be careful not to focus on the obvious cases of misidentification that you see people reporting on this site on a regular basis, and to erroneously take that as the best set of data for the existence of UFOs. You really have to dig a little deeper and do some reading to find the best cases.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

If you close your eyes, and really pay attention, you see the same things. And as you know, at night, while we sleep, we can see and experience all sorts of things.

Let's cut the crap, ok. I have witnessed a UFO flying down to a ball field in the very, very remote rural area in a Central American country. I was there with a group of 1/2 dozen folks and we were all equally stunned to witness a brightly lit spherical object (size of a car or bus, not quite sure) zigzag down to ground level and apparently it was "looking for something". It stayed very close to the ground, emitting no sound, for several minutes before zooming off into the sky.

To this day, I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

edit on 22-8-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

and I have hallucinated my b### off. But I'm not allowed to talk about that.

link   
reply to post by rigel4

I've heard all that before and I'm sure I know much more about military hardware than you. That is not at all a compelling argument.

link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, we were off to the side of the ball field, approximately 100 yards from where the object was. Because of the luminosity, I am unable to tell you the precise size of it. I am estimating given the distance and brightness given off by the object. If I was hard pressed to give a better guesstimate, I would say it would have been the size of a large car or van.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Can't help you with your condition, my friend. I can only account for mine.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

I've heard all that before and I'm sure I know much more about military hardware than you. That is not at all a compelling argument.

Like i said in my post" Each to their own".

But can you offer me evidence to 100% make an irrefutable case that Aliens are visiting our
Earth? No offense but i don't think you can.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So it's a mass delusion? Wow I'm glad you told me. That is the stupidest f*cking thing I've ever heard.
yes...let the anger flow through you...feel its power.

really? you said what you believed and I said what I believed. I don't think what you believe is stupid. It's just not for me. But why so angry? Did I offend you?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Can't help you with your condition, my friend. I can only account for mine.

do you have a photo or something? I couldn't photograph my hallucinations either.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well iv'e seen one and i don't believe they exist,untill the little bastards decide to land there ship on my front yard, invite me in for tea cookies and tell me about the secrets of the universe.. it neither paints my fence nor pays my bills
edit on 22-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Yeah, just close your eyes and you will see it in all its splendor.

Sad, this thread has devolved into a silly "show me the evidence" crap talk.

No wonder ATS is the way it is these days.

edit on 22-8-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Brighter

Good post Brighter. You have to do some thinking for yourself. It's not all going to be handed to you on a plate. Knowledge on some other subjects mentioned in your post will help greatly. Such as military aviation and physics.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

No offense at all. They were just my thoughts on that particular subject.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by smurfy

So your usual personal attack, (in this case remarkably en masse) is hard to swallow don't you think.

Personal attack? Where? Where have I disparaged any of the COMETA members?

Did you read what Jacques Vallee said about it? The report was hyped as a government report. It wasn't.

VSD magazine. Great. They also took the "alien autopsy" video seriously. Maybe COMETA could have made a better choice.

edit on 8/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

So now you want to make another dent in COMETA by stealth, this time it is the choice of magazine . So they are silly boys now, and perhaps what they say should not be taken seriously, eventually it will be NOTHING they say should be taken seriously. Remember, even the crazy, compromised, Condon report ultimately said that,

"Government agencies and private foundations ought to be willing to consider UFO research proposals on an open-minded, unprejudiced basis" and, only a sentence or so after saying, close up the shop, which did happen.

All the Condon stuff was reported in the prestigious journals, with a rah, rah from the scientific community. The reason, because they didn't feckin' know how to deal with it, and Condon wasn't confined to the 5% it included rubbish, even to my uncultured eyes. So what COMETA is saying, let's deal with the 5% for as far as we can possibly go, there are items we don't have answers for. That's quite refreshing really, against the uncontroverted aspect of our present science. But you want to rabbit on about the choice of glossy magazine, what a snob!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Well I think the previously mentioned incidents and links etc are very compelling evidence if you actually bother to read them and maybe do some more reading.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I have no idea why people get so jumpy at the mere mention of anything related to brain function where it might mean that they see something thats not there. I have no idea what you experienced or saw. What I do know is that there is an element of the brain interpreting what you saw. since it was an unknown, I believe that there may have been a lot of that going on. That doesn't mean anything about you or what you percieved. Am I skeptical? sure. Is that OK?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Where have I said that the COMETA report should not be taken seriously? I said it was not a "government report", it wasn't. I said that it may have not been a great idea to publish it in VSD. Ok, maybe it was a great idea to do so. Better?

I really have no idea of what you are on about. You act as if the COMETA report was the be all and end all and that I have proclaimed it nonsense. All I have said is that it is the was the opinion of COMETA that 5% of the reports they reviewed might be considered to be of extraterrestrial origin. I have said that everyone is entitled to an opinion.

edit on 8/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Sure you're skeptical. I was too, probably much more than you, but when 6 grown, mostly highly educated, folks see pretty much the same thing, I am sure you can rule out hallucination. I am sure you would agree.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

I have no idea why people get so jumpy at the mere mention of anything related to brain function where it might mean that they see something thats not there. I have no idea what you experienced or saw. What I do know is that there is an element of the brain interpreting what you saw. since it was an unknown, I believe that there may have been a lot of that going on. That doesn't mean anything about you or what you percieved. Am I skeptical? sure. Is that OK?

They are there, when three people point it out, I think it would be there, a sold, stable, moving Object that is still there after you blink your eyes is Probably real.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join