It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just got Out of the Blue DVD, it's an excellent doco on UFOs. The US military and government definitely have classified information on the subject of UFOs, and the French military did a report on UFOs which is available which pretty much says UFOs are real and they have detailed information on them. There is no doubt about it UFOs are real and have visited this planet. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea about what information the military has.
The French military report is called Cometa.

www.cufos.org...

That's just one link to a summary of the Cometa report but google it and you can read about it for days.
It is difficult to mount an objective logical argument against this. No other conclusion is possible says the report and I agree.
Please be fully familiar with the material before attempting any arguments against it!
Don't know about you but I'm convinced.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!

Of course there are things that people see in the sky that they can not identify from time to time. Anything in the sky thats too far away to identify is by definition a UFO.

Or do you mean visiting alien crafts? Because one does not automatically equal the other

edit on 21-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

Don't know about you but I'm convinced.

Welcome to the club

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock

Please be fully familiar with the material before attempting any arguments against it!

You should take your own advice.

COMETA was not a "French military report". COMETA was a UFO study group which produced a report in 1999. In it, the group concludes that about 5% of the cases they studied were inexplicable by any other means than extraterrestrial. Not everyone agrees, not even other UFO groups.

You are confusing UFOs with extraterrestrial visitors. There is no doubt that people have reported unidentified objects. There is plenty of doubt about what they are.

edit on 8/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Since joining ATS i've stopped believing in aliens.

I've not seen one single piece of evidence that couldn't be faked or just a light in the sky.

I want to believe, but I just don't!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Come on over to Aus for a holiday buddy. Go outback, sit, look up and have your confidence reaffirmed.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Government insiders and reports have been saying UFO's are real for years. Doesn't mean they know what they are, or where they come from.
edit on 21-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I've seen lots of satellites, we get them over here too.

It's still just a light in the sky, that could be anything!

If you're telling me you see aliens, I'm gonna have to refer you to my signature

link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry Phage but I disagree. Military report? Defense report? Your splitting hairs. The material is compelling and reaches a definite conclusion. Did you read the link? Because it's very hard to argue against or disagree with. This is a serious report by serious people.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

or that they aren't being told to say it as part of a different agenda.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I read the link, it was good.

I watched the first season of Falling Skies today too, that was pretty good also.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

COMETA was a ufology group. It was not military. It was not defense. Making false claims about it does not help the case.

Have you read the actual report?

This is a serious report by serious people.

That doesn't make their conclusions correct.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Hahaha no my friend.

I see lights in the sky very often. Incredibly bright ones, almost like welding torch bright.

Also my favorites are the ones that zip at 90 deg angles, way too fast for satellites, besides satellites don't do that as we know hey.

My wife thought I was crazy until we both went out, now she can't get her head around it.

It's true, they are there, but what are they is another question.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well according to you the link I posted is incorrect then. With all due respect I find the report and it's authors highly credible. I'm just highlighting material I find interesting and compelling. You're not really arguing with me rather the authors of Cometa.

Are you really trying to say you think the report is not credible and should not be taken seriously? I don't think that would be a very persuasive argument.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Since joining ATS i've stopped believing in aliens. I've not seen one single piece of evidence that couldn't be faked or just a light in the sky.

I would suggest you research the exotic cases such as the Varginha Flap or The Colares Incident. I find these two to be some of the most incredible cases ever.

There are tons of threads on ATS about those and other great cases.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
reply to post by Phage

Well according to you the link I posted is incorrect then. With all due respect I find the report and it's authors highly credible. I'm just highlighting material I find interesting and compelling. You're not really arguing with me rather the authors of Cometa.

Are you really trying to say you think the report is not credible and should not be taken seriously? I don't think that would be a very persuasive argument.

No. What we are saying is that those 5% of cases which can't be explained, while fascinating and unusual, cannot be concretely explained by the "extra terrestrial hypothesis". It's only one of many theories, and thus the report is really nothing new. Jacques Vallee and J.Allen Hynek concluded the same thing decades before this report, but at least they had the ability to admit that the extra terrestrial hypothesis couldn't adequately explain all of the phenomenon being reported, although both admitted it was a possibility.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
By the way a quote from the link I posted.
"by an independent group of former "auditors" at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense."
My understanding of Cometa is that it was a defense document for the French government and then was later made public. This is also stated in the Out of the Blue documentary.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Thankyou, I will

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Are you really trying to say you think the report is not credible and should not be taken seriously?

Take it as seriously as you wish but it is important to understand exactly what the report is. It is a compilation of various reports from GEPAN (similar to Project Bluebook) and the conclusions reached by the group. It is not an official study.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join