It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Sad, this thread has devolved into a silly "show me the evidence" crap talk.

No wonder ATS is the way it is these days.

I am not asking for evidence but why do I have to believe every story? Why is the attitude "believe me or else". Why if I believe there is something else at play that is ....psycological in nature....I am met with hostility?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
In this thread I have to say I haven't seen a single point which would even begin to start a compelling argument against the material I've cited. No shame in that I couldn't do it either! Maybe some kind of conspiracy but no one has offered anything on that which is even plausible let alone credible. Only a few posts seem capable of comprehending the concept of observed craft performing maneuvers beyond our technological limit and what that infers.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
To add to my above post, a further implication of the idea that humans are controlling these craft in some black project would be that, since they are sighted in nearly every country on earth, it would seem that every country on earth's military would be in possession of such technology, which is very difficult to accept.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Brighter

Also that we simply do not have this technology. You can say black op whatever the physics simply isn't there. And it wasn't there 40 or 50 years ago either. Currently the most advanced jet fighter in the world is the Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor. It's an awesome machine but still an air breathing jet.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I believe a lot of these UFO's are our government's spacecraft/Advanced Aircraft, it would Probably be own by the National Reconnaissance Office.

link   
There is the unconfirmed USAF SR-91 Aurora which is large and triangular shaped and could be mistaken for a UFO but it can't hover and flies like a conventional aircraft, also extremely noisy.

link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Sure you're skeptical. I was too, probably much more than you, but when 6 grown, mostly highly educated, folks see pretty much the same thing, I am sure you can rule out hallucination. I am sure you would agree.

Absolutely I agree. No doubt something was there that wasn't familiar. Maybe alien. I have no idea. I really don't. But I have to be careful because if I say something that might sound like there was any bit of brain trickery going on....self induced or otherwise...and Im not even implying that. To me, you have to examine every bit of it to get to what the possibilities are....and not be so quick to spin a story....which Im not saying your doing either. I have eggshells all over my floor right now...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by F6Zman

No doubt a lot of sightings would be military aircraft. Especially UAVs (drones).

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock

No offense at all. They were just my thoughts on that particular subject.
Well they wern't very well thought out. Which parts did you disagree with?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Seriously I thought the mass delusion theory was pretty hilarious. I swear all the time didn't mean any offense.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Orkojoker

Surely you don't think all UFO reports involve nothing more than lights in the sky. Your knowledge of the subject must be more extensive than that, isn't it?

Somewhat more. But it seemed to me that the post I was replying to was about sightings such as the DC flap. However, it was later explained that he was referring to hypothetical sightings.

I can't recall lot of credible reports of extreme maneuvering by anything but lights. But that might just be my faulty memory.

I see where the misunderstanding happened there, but maybe you should take another look at some of the literature. There are lots of credible reports of obviously disk-shaped or elliptical objects of relatively large angular size maneuvering outside of aircraft in impressive ways and speeding off.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

So there're tens of billions of super-earths orbiting red dwarf stars in the habitable zone. That's what I got from the link. Maybe it meant in the habitable zone at some point in their life. But in any case, another link I have in my favorites shows that there're a couple billion earth analogs:
www.space.com...

Scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., focused on roughly Earth-size planets within the habitable zones of their stars — that is, orbits where liquid water can exist on the surfaces of those worlds. [The Strangest Alien Planets]

After the researchers analyzed the four months of data in this initial batch of readings from Kepler, they determined that 1.4 to 2.7 percent of all sunlike stars are expected to have Earthlike planets — ones that are between 0.8 and two times Earth's diameter and within the habitable zones of their stars.

"This means there are a lot of Earth analogs out there — two billion in the Milky Way galaxy," researcher Joseph Catanzarite, an astronomer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, told SPACE.com. "With that large a number, there's a good chance life and maybe even intelligent life might exist on some of those planets. And that's just our galaxy alone — there are 50 billion other galaxies."

Additionally, it has been estimated there're many billions of rogue planets. These exist between systems. Most or all of them were ejected from systems. In fact, I read an article in I think the Discovery magazine - or maybe it was Astronomy.- about a simulation performed that implied a rogue planet between saturn and uranus (is that the one?) was ejected several billion years ago and is now somewhere out there. You can read about that in this link:
www.foxnews.com ...

See here for a link about the rogue planets in our galaxy:
www.nytimes.com ...

Astronomers said Wednesday that space was littered with hundreds of billions of planets that had been ejected from the planetary systems that gave them birth and either were going their own lonely ways or were only distantly bound to stars at least 10 times as far away as the Sun is from the Earth.

There are two Jupiter-mass planets floating around for each of the 200 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, according to measurements and calculations by an international group of astronomers led by Takahiro Sumi, of Osaka University in Japan, and reported in the journal Nature.

It's possible that some of those planets have extinct or even active life. If their clouds are thick enough and there's enough heat produced internally, maybe there's a deep ocean...

This is suggested here but life somehow travels from a system to the rogue planet:
www.spacedaily.com ...

The scientists calculate that such a planetary body would cross the inner solar system every 25 million years on the average and during each transit, zodiacal dust, including a component of the solar system's living cells, becomes implanted at its surface.

The free-floating planets would then have the added property of mixing the products of local biological evolution on a galaxy-wide scale.Since 1995, when the first extrasolar planet was reported, interest in searching for planets has reached a feverish pitch. The 750 or so detections of exoplanets are all of planets orbiting stars, and very few, if any, have been deemed potential candidates for life.

edit on 22-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Seriously I thought the mass delusion theory was pretty hilarious. I swear all the time didn't mean any offense.
still not a very well thought out response. Anyway, lets put it this way. all you have are stories and a very few suggestive cases. The rest is more stories based on misleading and false information. The whole ET theory reads like a comic book. Based on your responses it would seem you are not interested on any discussion that doesn't include ET as being well...not real. ...and that seems to be the reality you want to live with. So if I take one of your cases, the best that I could do with it is MAYBE it's ET. ...and then still, the rest is just your imagination. ...And it is really interesting how all the false information gets passed around from one person to the next....and to see one story or another get totally debunked only to pop up a few weeks latter and get recycled and passed around and people reasuring one another that ET is real. That is really all I see going on here. Very little if any actual evidence of any ET presence. A delusion is "a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact" so that seems to fit your responses. No offense.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Interesting post. I was just wondering the other day about the likelihood of an arbitrarily advanced civilization ever being able to live beneath the surface of it's own planet, if the need should arise. If an intelligent species could forecast the fate of the planet it grew up on and knew it couldn't survive above ground indefinitely, is there anything preventing that species from setting up shop "inside" and tailoring it's environment to meet it's needs, assuming a certain level of technological prowess?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
edited for irrelevancy. Sorry.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Maroboduus because: irrelevant

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
There are lots of credible reports of obviously disk-shaped or elliptical objects of relatively large angular size maneuvering outside of aircraft in impressive ways and speeding off.
Still a lot of them are just "reports" and then how many have radar hits to confirm the sightings? I am actually curious to hear because I have seen your posts and you seem to have a good knowledge base.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

Yeah, there's a lot they don't tell us about, so much for a Government ran by the people for the people.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

An interesting point is that just say you have 2 or more people who have never met or communicated with each other in any way who describe the same incident exactly. Then it must be true. What other conclusion can there be? Mass hallucination? How is that even possible.
For one thing I don't think you know what a hallucination actually is. Then there is a lot of psycho-social processes occuring between the actual "incident" and the "description" and then a lot of interpretation of the description perhaps even a rephrasing here and there. Maybe intentional maybe not. Confabulation is an interesting word. Maybe this is a mass confabulation....hmmmmn. Don't swear now...OK?
edit on 23-8-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

In a court of law the case would be proven beyond reasonable doubt 10 times over. People are sent to the death penalty on less evidence.

I disagree with this point. Here is why. Humans are really good at face recognition. Like dogs are good at smelling things. en.wikipedia.org...
There is no part of the brain responsible for identifying something as an alien craft. someone being sent to death because someone recognized them does not equate to someone saying "that was an alien craft". In order to ID something as an alien space ship, you have to have other alien space ships to compare that to. Lets look at it this way. If I never had seen a car before and one zips by me that was a getaway car, I think I would have a hard time convincing any court that i could positively ID that car. I don't think most people have a good working knowledge of what is actually up there.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I don't mean to nit pick - and if there's is an alternate accepted spelling that I'm not aware of, my apologies - but if you're going to keep using that term I just want to point out that it's "psycho-social".

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join