It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JimTSpock

Maybe if they saw it with their own eyes they still couldn't believe it.

Some people don't believe that their eyes can fool them. See the video above.
Sorry Phage, this time you are wrong. It's the brain, not the eyes. For some reason our brains need to make up stuff when faced with unknown or incomplete information. Some brains are better at it then others. Still some brains can just full on hallucinate. Thats extreme, but still the same process. For some reason your brain is really bad at making stuff up that isn't there....or maybe its good at it but you have another part of your brain thats stronger....maybe the reasoning part is just overly developed?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by JimTSpock

Lets say hypothetically speaking if we observe an aerial object displaying capabilities far in excess of our present technology such as extremely high G turns and accelerations which we know without a doubt our current aircraft are not capable of performing.

Why do lights = objects?
In order to determine accelerations one must know the speed an object is moving. It is not possible to judge the distance or speed of a light in the sky.
edit on 8/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Surely you don't think all UFO reports involve nothing more than lights in the sky. Your knowledge of the subject must be more extensive than that, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Brighter

The fact of the matter that no one can ignore is that there are numerous well-documented incidents of craft performing seemingly impossible maneuvers, by multiple witnesses (both air and ground), and simultaneously caught on radar.

There are some verified instances of visual sightings seeming to be directly related to radar sightings. Cases of both visual and radar displaying "impossible" maneuvers are harder to come by. There are also many more cases of visual sightings with no radar sightings and vice versa.

And I suppose all of the corroborating direct witness testimony in these very cases of visually confirming disc-shaped (and other unusually shaped) craft performing these maneuvers in mid-air are all cases of their eyes playing tricks on them? If that were the case, then you would have to commit to the fact that people are having simultaneous mass-hallucinations of the same things at the same times. The likelihood of that is so unimaginably low as to not even warrant the slightest consideration. In fact, when multiple people see the same thing at the same time, this is the very definition of an actual, veridical perception.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Then there are those things that make you wonder altogether that seem to make no sense. More than just a trick of the eyes, or possibly the mind...

I am still waiting for a solid factual explanation for this video. Much speculation, but the speculation and theories do not make sense.

www.google.com... PTGPMqA6QG5xIBI&usg=AFQjCNE1maRYD9b1KIUkPlSdfkfkNsZ9FA
edit on 22-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I'm firmly convinced intelligent alien craft are visiting Earth. To me it's all pretty basic no doubts at all. You don't really think anything in this thread could influence me do you?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Surely you don't think all UFO reports involve nothing more than lights in the sky. Your knowledge of the subject must be more extensive than that, isn't it?

Somewhat more. But it seemed to me that the post I was replying to was about sightings such as the DC flap. However, it was later explained that he was referring to hypothetical sightings.

I can't recall lot of credible reports of extreme maneuvering by anything but lights. But that might just be my faulty memory.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Brighter

In fact, when multiple people see the same thing at the same time, this is the very definition of an actual, veridical perception.
Good word. I had to look it up.
It happens. Let me present (again) a personal experience.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If I hadn't been there those people would be believing to this day that they saw something extraordinary. It is also highly likely that they would have (unintentionally) embellished their experience. People are not good eyewitnesses. Groups of people are no better. As pointed out, people "fill in the blanks" during and after observing something. Groups of people do the same thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brighter
And I suppose all of the corroborating direct witness testimony in these very cases of visually confirming disc-shaped (and other unusually shaped) craft performing these maneuvers in mid-air are all cases of their eyes playing tricks on them? If that were the case, then you would have to commit to the fact that people are having simultaneous mass-hallucinations of the same things at the same times. The likelihood of that is so unimaginably low as to not even warrant the slightest consideration. In fact, when multiple people see the same thing at the same time, this is the very definition of an actual, veridical perception.

Not eyes, brains. To say "mass-hallucination" I think is inaccurate. I have no idea what it means when people use this term to explain some sightings. To me it would be a very complex thing and completely impossible to prove. Afterall it would be psychology which is very problamatic as a science. But I do believe there is a "mass" component that can explain some sitings. I think there is a lot of misconceptions on exactly what a "hallucination" is.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
hmmm the next false flag perhaps? We get attacked by UFO's owned and operated by some mil organization. Then the world must unit to fend off this threat. Kinda like in the movie Independence Day? A great way to get rid of boarders, depopulate the planet, and impliment the NWO on a scale never before seen, and onto a public that is willing to accept anything to save them from the UFO threat?

hmmm lets see what past presidents have said...So many lies, so little time.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It wasn't later explained. You didn't understand the post or the point about so-called impossible maneuvers.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock

I'm firmly convinced intelligent alien craft are visiting Earth. To me it's all pretty basic no doubts at all. You don't really think anything in this thread could influence me do you?

How so........... You believe...therefore it is faith. You have faith that alien craft are visiting
Earth.
You have no evidence to backup your faith, so it is actually just your opinion, that Aliens are visiting Earth.

If you have evidence that i have not seen , then please present it for us to review.
edit on 22-8-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have an equally strong conviction that this is a 99.99% psyco-social phenomenon. ATS has completely convinced me of this where as a year ago I was leaning towards aliens.
edit on 22-8-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If you look in the Night sky, and really pay Attention, you can sometime see small dots of light that don't flash. Those could be UFO's

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

I have equally strong conviction that this is 99.99% psyco-social phenomenon. ATS has completely convinced me of this where as a year ago I was leaning towards aliens.

Exactly right bro.... I came to ATS thinking that Alien craft were visiting and somewhere on the internet the
evidence was there, the people who had seen them were there too.

Wrong.The same stuff is posted over and over, by people just like I was a couple of years ago.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by F6Zman
If you look in the Night sky, and really pay Attention, you can sometime see small dots of light that don't flash. Those could be UFO's

If you close your eyes, and really pay attention, you see the same things. And as you know, at night, while we sleep, we can see and experience all sorts of things.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

What happened to make you think it's all untrue?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

If you close your eyes, and really pay attention, you see the same things. And as you know, at night, while we sleep, we can see and experience all sorts of things.

Let's cut the crap, ok. I have witnessed a UFO flying down to a ball field in the very, very remote rural area in a Central American country. I was there with a group of 1/2 dozen folks and we were all equally stunned to witness a brightly lit spherical object (size of a car or bus, not quite sure) zigzag down to ground level and apparently it was "looking for something". It stayed very close to the ground, emitting no sound, for several minutes before zooming off into the sky.

To this day, I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

edit on 22-8-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by F6Zman

No, it's Really there, some of them are Smaller, some of them are Larger, but they are there, Multiple people can see them.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Just a question, not implying that you didn't see something.

You say you saw the object fly "down to a ball field". You say it "stayed very close to the ground".

Wouldn't it seem that with a solid frame of reference like a ball field it would be possible to get a better estimate of the size than "a car or bus, not quite sure?"

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

What happened to make you think it's all untrue?
For me it's simple. Humans like to tell stories. That's how we are wired. Just like people in the old days that looked up in the sky and created whole stories and mythologies...it's not much different then that. Just look around here...there is a whole "story" a whole mythology that is based on stories. A huge story based on lots of little sories. nothing solid. a mass delusion.
edit on 22-8-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join