It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine Brandon Raub Sentenced To Up To 30 Days In Psych Ward Over Facebook Posts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Handcuffed !=! arrested

e.g.: abcnews.go.com...

Investigative detention:

www.cga.ct.gov...

Under the United States Constitution and Article First, §§ 7 and 9 of the Connecticut Constitution, a police officer may in appropriate circumstances and in an appropriate manner detain an individual for investigative purposes if the officer believes, based on a reasonable and articulable suspicion that the individual is engaged in criminal activity, even if there is no probable cause to make an arrest (State v. Lipscomb, 258 Conn. 68, 75, (2001); Terry v. Ohio, 88 S.Ct. 1868 (1968)).

Where an officer has a reasonable basis to think that the person stopped poses a present physical threat to the officer or others, the Fourth Amendment permits the officer to take necessary measures to neutralize the threat without converting a reasonable stop into a de facto arrest. This doctrine has supported a range of restraints incident to a stop, from the pat-down at issue in Terry, to the drawing of firearms, to the use of handcuffs (State v. Nash).

As far as involuntary sychiatric detention

As of 2008 Virginia was one of only five states requiring imminent danger in order to involuntarily commit someone. But after the Virginia Tech Massacre, there was significant political consensus to strengthen the protections for society and allow more leniency in determining that an individual needed to be committed against their will.

- the person has a mental illness and there is a substantial likelihood that, as a result of mental illness, the person will, in the near future, (1) cause serious physical harm to himself or others as evidenced by recent behavior causing, attempting, or threatening harm and other relevant information, if any
- the person has a mental illness and there is a substantial likelihood that, as a result of mental illness, the person will, in the near future, (2) suffer serious harm due to his lack of capacity to protect himself from harm or to provide for his basic human needs

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think TPTB are trying to start a civil war. The militia groups are surprisingly quiet about this so what does that tell you? I think this will be the trip wire to unleash hell upon the morons running the country.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
I think TPTB are trying to start a civil war. The militia groups are surprisingly quiet about this so what does that tell you? I think this will be the trip wire to unleash hell upon the morons running the country.

LOL.

Pretty sure that's not gonna happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Ron Paul propaganda gets someone into trouble yet again. This gentleman must have been really let down and disgruntled over the whole affair of being bamboozled so badly by the Paul campaign that he went on a tirade. Paul fanatics going off the deep end with his loss is not a hard concept to grasp, there were bound to be a few. Pouring hate out onto facebook is just about as dumb as it gets.

Jesus Christ man...you're about as naive as they come. There is nothing violent nor worrisome about the Paul campaign, unless you're a big-government official or advocate. The Paul campaign is about changing government from within and doing away with the nanny system and the corrupt leaders of this country.

It is clear from the other posts on his FB that he had other issues with the government and he believes some of the more out there conspiracies regarding 9/11 and the Bush family.

You continue to spin it however you want to serve your agenda though. Your posting history tells anyone all they need to know and it stinks.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

how much you wanna bet he "suicides out" whille he he is in there

This has definitely crossed my mind, doc. I just don't know how they will begin to explain it, if it does happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Headline from OP should read " Potential shooter brought in for Psych eval. Dozens potentially saved, and a mans life is put back in focus.."

This guy can look at it two ways. Either he can continue to blame others for his misfortune, dishonorable discharge and all that, or he can embrace this as an opportunioty to say "what the heck am i doing with my life?" what legacy do i want to leave? I am SOOO glad that gave him this eval. If someone had done that for Holmes, maybe we'd have 14 more lives glowing on this earth.. Is a 6 yr old innocent beautiful little girls life worth your "rights as a citizen?" The answer is "NO" But time after time when these tragedies continue to happen, the gun crazy nuts here come to the defense of these idiots rights before they come to the defense of the victims, and it makes me sick to my stomach.. And these same people talk about how "pro-life" and "anti abortion" they are... ( I am pro life and anti abortion BTW.. a Christian conservative) But those Christ - centered morals go out of the window when you talk about gun rights and militias and all that mess. The "traditions of our founding fathers.." Well to my Chrsitian brothers and sisters, I'd like to say that there is only one thing the Bible (yes.. the bible) said that makes the Word of God of non-effect.. "The traditions of men.." So if you are standing on your "Rights as a citizen... and not looking at what Jesus would do, you have made the Word of non-effect.. This is why politics and the Bible don't mesh.. It's wy Jesus didn't get involved in politics and this madness.. DOn't get me wong, there are many Christians called to help in the political arena, but the idea that Jesus wants to defend your right to own a gun is idolatry. (Making up a custom god to fit your needs of the moment)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
who else acted in such a manner as this guy oh let me see .
thomas jefferson , bengamin franklin,. john adams and just think if facebook had been around during their time where would we be now singing god save the queen . we have first amendaments rights for a reason and this overt act by the gov should be met with accordingly.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by g146541
There are several things about this story that scream, "hey look at me, look at me"!!
First is, the gentleman is active duty yes or no?
Is the gentleman being accused of crime, or being looked at for mental weakness?
Is the gentleman being reviewed by civillian court or Military?
And just exactly what did this man do to get so much attention?
Too many things in this scream SETUP!
Why are we being told to watch this, what is the other hand doing?

I think the initial start of all of this is legitimate, and now tptb are using Brandon as the example for what is going to happen to others. Too patriotic and talk about revolution? You're going to the psych ward.

That's the thing, speech is not illegal.
There is more to this than we are being told.
There are some things that can get you in trouble if you are active duty military however, in that case, bite your tongue until you get your discharge.
This story is being inflated for some reason, we're just not being given the full story.
Otherwise, everyone here on ATS and a hundred other websites would have been rounded up years ago.
edit on 21-8-2012 by g146541 because: spellar broked

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

how much you wanna bet he "suicides out" whille he he is in there

No chance. After they finish with him, he's going come out of that psych ward completely "cured", passive and peaceful. A model citizen. Medical science does wonders today. I'll bet he becomes supportive of the government too. He's just got some kind of "disease" right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

I bet you are right, big pharma "miracle drugs" for the criminal possible "terrorist" insane are wonderful this days.

link   
Heres a strange twist for ya. Brandon Raub being held at John Randolph Medical Center, HCA Virginia. And who owns this hospital? Would you have guessed Bain Capital? They bought it in 2006.

Heres a interesting thread I started that talks about Bain Capital and health care.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This guy got bained and didn't even know what happened.

Bain pays for the TV shows that support there business. People like Dr. Phil who promote boot camp mental health on his TV show. The boott camp mental health is owned by Bain. Dr. Phil is just the advertiser on TV for Bain. How about the TV shows like Intervention where people get confused about turning there loved ones in just means someone comes over and sits on a couch and talks to them. Like in the TV shows Intervention or Dr. Phil. But what your really doing is signing them up to be forced into mental hospital by the police.

Like I said forced into a mental health hospital.

The more you dig on this story the more I find people are misdirected at Obama when it is the otherside who is behind it all.

When you add the Commission started by Bush in 2002 on mental health policies. To the rewriting of the laws in Virginia after the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting using the recommendations of the Commission to make it easier to lock people up in mental hospitals. It all backs up to the Republicans. Yea the freedom guys?
edit on 21-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Ron Paul propaganda gets someone into trouble yet again. This gentleman must have been really let down and disgruntled over the whole affair of being bamboozled so badly by the Paul campaign that he went on a tirade. Paul fanatics going off the deep end with his loss is not a hard concept to grasp, there were bound to be a few. Pouring hate out onto facebook is just about as dumb as it gets.

Jesus Christ man...you're about as naive as they come. There is nothing violent nor worrisome about the Paul campaign, unless you're a big-government official or advocate. The Paul campaign is about changing government from within and doing away with the nanny system and the corrupt leaders of this country.

It is clear from the other posts on his FB that he had other issues with the government and he believes some of the more out there conspiracies regarding 9/11 and the Bush family.

You continue to spin it however you want to serve your agenda though. Your posting history tells anyone all they need to know and it stinks.

Ron Paul's supporters have long held his same fringe views even more so back in the 08 campaign. You were the one who pointed out the connection to Ron Paul, not me. Ron Paul himself never endorsed those fringe views but his rabid supporters don't care what the man really stands for, they impose their own twisted views onto his platform. This man looks like a prime example of that. His example shows that the 9/11 fringers are more likely to go whacko than even the white supremacist Ron Paul supporters. Wonder how he made it through the military without spouting off his views and getting dishonorable discharged.
edit on 21-8-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

There is no changing your mind in the military. I don't think you understand that either. Are they brainwashed? Yes, to a degree. It isn't normal to follow a man into the thick of death and destruction. If that enlisted came to his senses, any man would run the opposite way.

However, soldiers do not run the opposite way, they go to the destruction and chaos, and if you can't handle it, to bad. Go to the brig or psych ward for the remainder of your service.

The last thing we need is people abandoning their post on campaign and field.

You are methodically warned, instilled, and worked into knowing you do NOTHING without orders and you obey them even if it cost you your life.

If you can't handle it, you should spend the rest of your term in the military at Fort Worth or in a Psych ward and then be dishonorably discharged.
edit on 21-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The way this goes, I believe, is the gov agencies use a tad flawed profiling tools. Which then mark some individuals as "real" threat - and here we go.

Such as the guy who did not smile at London Olympics, and was arrested.

Its just technology in making, and it contains still some bugs. And is not error free.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This kid wrote some disturbing posts on his facebook page, not just simple "revolution" rhetoric, but he wrote something about severing off heads (or something to that affect), the earlier posts seemed to be taken down, but its obvious that this kid has a couple screws loose and maybe the US Military/Govt. wants to control this situation before he goes on a shooting rampage killing loads of people..

In todays times its better safe than sorry...

Just went to his brothers FB page, Brent M Raub, he has a picture of himself standing giving a strange hand gesture. Both thumbs are touching and both index fingers are touching forming a triangle pointing down... anyone know what that hand sign means? and the picture is subtitled with "I will always stand against your corruption..till my last breath."

If you have FB you can check it out
www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?fbid=10151048263753473&set=a.441329823472.213381.633803472&type=1&theater
edit on 21-8-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

I'm glad they got him.. It will do him basically no harm to be evaluated, and this may have saved lives in other cases.. I pray for our law enforcement. they are dealing with multi-billlion dollar gun companies and lobby groups that want hollowpoints and armor piercing rouinds to be sold by the truckloads... The GOP talks morals but are de-funding police, fire and teachers. They've been doing it for a while, which is why these types of workers are some of the few in which a union is absolutely neccesary. Which is why, of course the GOP wants to destroy the unions, so they can outsource our public works like they do our private works... Thats what Romney did in MA. But... I digress

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It is ok to LOVE Ron Paul just don't get a bumper sticker, or say so on facebook, or goto one of his rallies, don't question the primaries out come, basically don't ask questions.......
I am sorry I don't think pre-emptive incarcination is the answer.....They are locking him up before anything has happened. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Now it is just the opposite.
I will go on record ..I question the heck out of the OS 911, the death of osama bin laden, the death of seal team 6 shortly after, the builderberg group, council of foriegn relations, the fed, income tax, high gas prices in 2008 just long enough for people to get behind on their mortages. etc.......
To me so far from what I know this Marine is a patriot until someone proves differently! Ditto for his friend standing up for him and his family. Right now they need support and we need to give it to them.......It could be any of us or all of us......Would you want support if was you or your family.... No matter the circumstances TPTB are wrong on this one.......way wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

you my friend need to be evaluated...... DHS just ordered truck load of ammo along with other depts...for what??

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

So you are ok with some one coming into your house and sending you to a mental evaluation against your will for reciting song lyrics?
Also look at the connections over the past month.....Theater shooter - PHD in neuroscience (thesis in mind control) Aurora Co
Sikh shooter attached to the 384th psychological operations unit ...Aurora, CO
Marine sent for a psychological evaluation..

STRANGE TO SAY THE LEAST>

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

You'd rather protect a "right" than people... an ideal than the victims like the 6 yr old who was shot by a guy spouting this bullcrap just like him.. And then criticize the law enforcement authorities and say... "They should have known.." Well they did. So what if he's inconvenienced. At least he doesn't get a chance to knock off mommy's and daddys and babies.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join