It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine Brandon Raub Sentenced To Up To 30 Days In Psych Ward Over Facebook Posts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"The thought police would get him just the same. He had committed--would have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper--the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you."

- George Orwell, 1984

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Not saying I disagree with you, but just to play devils advocate for a second, if I wrote on my wall lyrics to a song I was writing that no one ever heard that were disturbing, would it be alright??

What if my comments on my FB page were something like

"Every one in my city will pay, pay with blood for sure"

or

"Death to everyone very soon, you will never see this coming"

I could just say I didnt mean it, they were just lyrics to a song I thought up or maybe it was just a joke.... Should we allow something like that to be left alone? Or is it time to step in and start questioning the person??

I agree with the 1st ammendment to a certain degree, but when you cross that line, things need to be done....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tao Jones
I keep seeing people referencing this newer facebook page: New Facebook Page
When I first saw this story over the weekend, I found his original facebook page: Old Facebook Page from this link: Network World
The new page everyone seems to be looking at doesn't have that much crazy talk, but the original one was MUCH more incendiary. The curious thing is that I don't see the part about storming the castle on either one any more.
I'm all for freedom of speech and all, but when you put a bunch of anti government talk on your own Facebook page with your real name, and then post about sharpening your axe because you're coming to sever heads and storming the castle, what do you expect?
It would appear to me that either he was beginning to lose it, or purposefully setting himself up to be a martyr.
With all the craziness going on with shootings in the USA recently, I really can't blame the authorities for picking him up.

What do you think a soldier is trained to do? You don't just go to a place where persons who had nothing to do with your angst over the zionista 911 [HOAX] ], now your mortal enemies, and kill them without having taken in a certain mindset. The whole problem here is the guy matured, learned the truth, but didn't lose the mindset of an invading corporate mercenary. Also, the talk was song lyrics, and you can find anything there. 'Raise a Ruckus' is one of my faves, btw. I am hoping that, in time, every soldier, world wide, can start to use their mind, where the real weapons are. I am certain, however, that this is impossible for the control freaks and the politicians in their pocket, hence, the hollow points, the media manipulation, the wars. These people cannot change. Now, Che, is there something unsound in my reasoning?

Are you saying that everything's kosher in government land? Maybe that's the problem.

No one in their right mind wants war. But why did they declare it on us? Our very own leaders, jealous of our freedoms, and bent on killing them, worse than if they'd shot us, obviously.

I guess the billions of hollowpoints are for just in case we discover that we'd be better off dead, without Liberty.
Is this too fringe for you?
edit on 21-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Shall we have celebrity pi$$ing match ?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Just went to his brothers FB page, Brent M Raub, he has a picture of himself standing giving a strange hand gesture. Both thumbs are touching and both index fingers are touching forming a triangle pointing down... anyone know what that hand sign means? and the picture is subtitled with "I will always stand against your corruption..till my last breath."

That hand sign is a heart, it means 'I love you'.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by jhn7537

I'm pretty sure the violent posts he made were actually song lyrics.

Does it matter if they were song lyrics or not?

No one knows his intent behind what he wrote, no one knows if he was thinking of taking those lyrics literal...

Revolution talk, anti-Govt talk and violent lyrics is a stupid combination for a forum that contains your picture and name..

........stupid maybe, but reason for detainment? This would be thought police then right.....? Do you think it's ok to lock a person away [against their will?] because of writings or thoughts, instead of actions?

Think about that seriously and ask yourself what you have ever thought of or written

Nobody knows intent behind written words and a person has a right to write.....right?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
When you enlist in the military, you willingly forfeit your rights to the government including free speech. /thread

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I'm still trying to understand why this was turned into a conspiracy.

Do we know what this guy did while spending his time abroad as a soldier? And in what type of actions he was involved in?

Are we sure he isn't unstable and psychotic?

Do we know in what psychologic condition he went or returned from there?

Honestly I can't understand why some people automatically paint him as a victim just because he spoke crap about the government and we have a video of him with a "pure" face holding a bunny.

After all, he wanted to become a Marine, a soldier, to hold a weapon and shoot to kill people in the name of... well... "freedom". Everyone that holds a weapon wants to feel powerful, in control, unbeatable, etc and is to some degree, violent. And that when put together with other stuff can become a recipe for a tragedy. This myth that peace makers, love doers carry weapons is just that, a myth.

And since in America is pretty common to have people out of sudden bursting and going berserk, killing loads of innocent people in schools, malls, theaters, etc, in the name of nothing, this kind of preemptive measure shouldn't be taken with such disbelief in what the authorities are doing.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
30 days 'll be easy , as long as he behaves . If anyones thinks its not then try 3 months via a secret (from everyone) court hearing . National newspapers- with no names 12/09-02/10
Shall he receive daily rations...?
Yes sir.
Shall he copulate...?
No sir .

You bring up something very important here. During the early years of the time following 9/11, people DID up and vanish and some...as far as I know as certain fact...still ARE 'disappeared'.

This case is as wide open and publicly handled as a shoplifter at Walmart..including his OWN statements prior to arrest that all but dared and screamed for the Feds to notice he was mad and militant and looking for a target to take it out on.

I'm wide open to there being more to it or what they have for justification not being enough....but what we do see and do know (without assumptions ot wishful thinking outside those facts) seems to support the idea that he made a menace and public threat of himself in as public a way as a citizen can get these days....and surprise. Those whose job it is to watch for such things, saw it...and they responded. Let's see in the end, what else was going on here. I'll bet there is more we don't know than what we do.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by jhn7537

I'm pretty sure the violent posts he made were actually song lyrics.

Does it matter if they were song lyrics or not?

No one knows his intent behind what he wrote, no one knows if he was thinking of taking those lyrics literal...

Revolution talk, anti-Govt talk and violent lyrics is a stupid combination for a forum that contains your picture and name..

........stupid maybe, but reason for detainment? This would be thought police then right.....? Do you think it's ok to lock a person away [against their will?] because of writings or thoughts, instead of actions?

Think about that seriously and ask yourself what you have ever thought of or written

Nobody knows intent behind written words and a person has a right to write.....right?

Yes, people have the right to free speech.... But with that, they need to be careful with what they say and write... 1st ammendment protection only goes so far.... Why is it that I can't say bomb on a plane or fire in a movie theater or that i want to harm the POTUS?? Shouldnt the 1st ammendment protect me? Why are the lines drawn there, but I can write that I want to sever off heads??

Side Question, are you against the US Govt. locking up suspected terrorists, people who have never done anything against USA? But you figure if they had the chance they would..

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Now what is happening is that these mass shooting have everyone frazzled similar to 9/11. Instead of the fear being condensed into one day, the fear has been spread out over each one of these events. With the last two, it seems people are now willing to go further than worrying about followers of Islam and are now allowing their own fellow citizens to have their rights infringed upon in order to feel safe. ....................

I have always said the purpose of the false flag is to put the final nail in the Freedom of Speech coffin. Look at all the people apologizing for the authorities because what he said was "scary" and "we can't let another Aurora happen". .....................................
Where do you suggest we draw the line?

Very well put! And worth repeating entire comment [but would be removed for excess quoting]. However, I really do think that you put things into perspective, and in a very easy to understand manner

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

The Truth
by Brandon J Raub on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 10:00am ·

America has lost itself. We have lost who we truly are. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave. This is the land of Thomas Jefferson. This is the land of Benjamin Franklin. This is the land of Fredrick Douglas. This is the land of Smedley Butler. This is the land John F. Kennedy. This is the land of Martin Luther King. This is the land where the cowboy wins. This is the land where you can start from the bottom and get to the top. This is the land where regardless of you race and ethnicity you can suceed and build a better life for you and your family. This is the land where every race coexists peacefully. This is the land where justice wins. This is the land where liberty dwells. This is the land where freedom reigns. This is the land where we help the poor, and people help eachother. This is land where people beat racism.

The federal reserve is wrong. They have designed a system based off of gread and fear. They designed a system to crush the middle class between taxes and inflation. This is wrong, and it is unjust. It is wrong.

We have allowed ourselves to be devieced and seduced by the powers of the printing press. It is not a good system. It discourages saving: the foundation for all stable economic activity. The federal reserve is artificially manipulating interests rates and creating phony economic data. This thing has decieved our entire nation.

They created it 1913. They also created the income tax in 1913. They encouraged the growth of debt so they can tax you on it. There is interest on the debt. Your government is in bed with these people. They want to enslave you to the government so that they can control every aspect of your lives. It is an empire based on lies. They operate of greed and fear.

There is a better way. It's called freedom. Freedom is called a lot of things. But there is a true meaning. It means very simply that you have the right to do whatever you want as long as you are not infringing on the feedoms of other people.

There is evil going on all around the world. The United States was meant to lead the charge against injustice, but through our example not our force. People do not respond to having liberty and freedom forced on them.

privatepaste.com

A sample of his writings, while I don't agree with somethings he said... I've certainly seen "crazier" on ATS. Surreal.

edit on 20-8-2012 by Kali74 because: fixed vid

I firmly believe that God set America apart from the other nations of the world. He saved a place where people could come to to escape bad systems of goverment. This system we have created works. It really works.

If they undo this delusion he has for him it'll do him good . There's trash and there's proper trash , even so the crazier the better . Faceplant 'd be a better name for it .

My days you have to write a false document to get any credit - some things never change .

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Washington Post article

A former Marine involuntarily detained for psychiatric evaluation for posting strident anti-government messages on Facebook has received an outpouring of support from people who say authorities are trampling on his First Amendment rights.......A Virginia-based civil liberties group, The Rutherford Institute, dispatched one of its attorneys to the hospital to represent Raub at a hearing Monday

So at least someone is providing him legal defense. I'm extremely interested in the outcome of this story. I dunno if the comment's I've seen are disturbing enough to warrant an arrest like this (anyone calling it anything different IMO is deluded). If they are than many of us here should probably be waiting on the knock on the door (or the flashbang through the window), myself included. There may be other intelligence that agencies are keeping to themselves right now that could make me feel different, but I really don't see that a crime has been committed, and it seems the police/judiciary used the mental evaluation to avoid having to actually charge Raub with a crime, and then initiate legal proceedings.

Watching this one closely. Even if Raub is a D-Bag of the first order speech, especially unpopular speech must be protected.
edit on 21-8-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by howthefuq
When you enlist in the military, you willingly forfeit your rights to the government including free speech. /thread

Notice the title of the thread:

Former Marine Brandon Raub Sentenced To Up To 30 Days In Psych Ward Over Facebook Posts

Pay close attention to the word in bold.

And no, you don't.
edit on 21-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
"The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it.
I'm at **** ******* Road Richmond, Virginia 23237."

I'm not aware of those being the lyrics to any song that I've heard.

They sound like a cry for help from a deranged person. Or something else, we'll see in a few weeks.

I'm still stumped as to how this is a freedom of speech issue. He wasn't detained for being a 9/11 truther. He was detained for making threats and asking them to come get him.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tao Jones
"The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it.
I'm at **** ******* Road Richmond, Virginia 23237."

Wow for saying something as horrible as that maybe they should just execute him?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You bring up something very important here. During the early years of the time following 9/11, people DID up and vanish and some...as far as I know as certain fact...still ARE 'disappeared'.

This case is as wide open and publicly handled as a shoplifter at Walmart..including his OWN statements prior to arrest that all but dared and screamed for the Feds to notice he was mad and militant and looking for a target to take it out on.

I'm wide open to there being more to it or what they have for justification not being enough....but what we do see and do know (without assumptions ot wishful thinking outside those facts) seems to support the idea that he made a menace and public threat of himself in as public a way as a citizen can get these days....and surprise. Those whose job it is to watch for such things, saw it...and they responded. Let's see in the end, what else was going on here. I'll bet there is more we don't know than what we do.

Wrabbit your system works the same as ours roughly , only drugs are dished out on trays like sweets over there .
Some people like it . If he is a vet, then thats a problem for him, if he doesnt want to go in, thats a problem too. If he is spouting nonsense they can easily get , as he is , in public (faceplant) , or to anyone in public domain , if he is armed, trained, swearing vengeance , throwing around serious allegations , shouting, all these are not going in his favour and they've every right to take him and assess him under the law as it stands.
Psychs are not dumb and they will only want to keep him if they _can keep him .
Its up to him , how he behaves (faceplant) . If he argues when he is in there - there is no nonsense , they will put him out .Some things in the world you cant change wrabbit , like having written a thread on forensic psychiatry and most people not know what it is, or flag it etc. When things like this come up , its a real questioner on the state. If he thinks he knows something (9/11, or more rarara , or even something he really does know - they 'll want to examine it, him , and the whys and wherefores , at their leisure . Copious notes is backup . Observation etc . A 'truther's very worst nightmare . But you cant have the truth without the real truth you know - even army vets cant . Hope this helps , and i hate to think how many people that system has swallowed up though - ouch , and while no one really understands it all that well.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
He is goverment property Corperate militant Pawn aka Soldier Slave

His Freedom & rights are way differnt then Civilian Life ..

So therfore anything they see is Wrong , They Will Pull Detain and Confined ...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I think that directly threatening the public or a person with specific acts of violence should be taken seriously. but there has to be a line and I don't think obscurity crosses that line.

Posting song lyrics that say "sharpening my axe; I'm here to sever heads" is obscure
Using your own words to say "I'm loading my gun right now and tomorrow there will be blood in the streets" is explicit.

I know it seems like I am splitting hairs, but I think it is warranted when it comes to our inherent freedoms.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
His hand sign was V for vendetta. Just look at the shirt he has on doing it.

Im not sure if that is a We are Anonymous shirt or a We are the 99%. But that does bring up what could he have been doing on TOR. I know they have different political groups on there. I think the Hidden Wiki list a few of them. ANd TOR relays were just funded with a big check from the BBG the broadcast board of governors. Or there real name broadcast board of propaganda. They run all the radio free channels and is ran by Hillary Clinton even Fox News Dana Perino. So you know TOR is spied on.

www.bbg.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join