It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine Brandon Raub Sentenced To Up To 30 Days In Psych Ward Over Facebook Posts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is outrageous (not shocking) behavior from the "state" and I'm glad that Rutherford Institute has come to his aide. Being sentenced to a Psycho ward is not a joking matter. They will force him to take numerous medications that at this point do nothing more than Brain Damage. If he declines, they will keep him indefinitely until he agrees to their treatment plans. Even if he declines, they will psychologically manipulate him into agreeing with fear tactics.

Fun Facts: There is no such thing as a Chemical Imbalance (there is no test for it). Psychiatry is nothing more then a joke science these days. Under the current DSM IV everyone is "sick." There are no cures in Psychiatry, and just 100 years ago they were cutting off body parts and blood letting to "cure" illnesses...

Currently, it's nothing more then a bastardized science, with a hand in the till with the pharmaceutical companies. It's not shocking that it would be used against the Liberty Minded, but when you consider the Eugenic ties of Psychiatry and the Eugenic ties with our current government, it's not surprising that this would be used in our modern post NDAA world....

I've dealt with it first hand. It's nothing more then a undocumented prison system under the guise of medicine. They ignore your rights there. They take blood even if you decline (they strapped me down in the middle of the night and took it because I wouldn't agree to a blood test, which eventually tested negative for drugs). You have to "work" with them and and agree to their treatments if you want to get free again. It's sickening...

The scary part is it sidesteps the courts, allowing for indefinite detention without even being charged. Left unchecked Psychiatry developed into a rather monstrous machine. Now it's just part of their control grid.

edit on 20-8-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
This is one of the lasts posts on his "Official" FB page:

Something to note is that he is also a Ron Paul supporter and listed his work as the Ron Paul Revolution. The above post could be taken many ways by many different people.

I'd expect the guy to be abandoned to his devices; (protocol for Veterans Admin.?). But not by RP campaigners.
Catalyst comes to mind...

Will the wheels of justice begin to turn to the right?
30 days of shock-therapy and observation?
edit on (8/20/1212 by loveguy because: slow day

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Excuse me? How was I rude?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

Excuse me? How was I rude?

You insinuated that "I didn't bother" to look. Either way, the sharing of information is what's important. No reason to carry on arguing about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This has already been posted and received a lot of attention, obviously
, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Either way, you got updates and lets keep bringing attention to this story. This part from the NBC article really puts it in perspective,

In a hearing held at the hospital, government officials disregarded Raub's explanation that the Facebook posts were being interpreted out of context, sentencing him up to 30 days' further confinement in a VA psych ward. In coming to Raub's defense, Rutherford Institute attorneys are challenging Raub's arrest and forcible detention, as well as the government's overt Facebook surveillance and violation of Raub's First Amendment rights.

When you read the other thread there are some who believe this man was arrested and detained for other reasons and that the mother is lying. There are also those who feel he had it coming after posting such crazy things, most of which turned out to be song lyrics as these articles also point out. Then there's the rest of us who believe this man was completely violated and continues to be. The only excuse I'll give the Gov't is that they're afraid of another massacre so they're now willing to bring anyone in if they seem dangerous.

But then again, I also think the Gov't had they're eye on him because he is a former Marine but even more devastating he openly talks about his contempt with Washington DC and calls for his friends to wake up and begin a revolution. Now revolution is a scary word to some people for when they hear it they automatically associate it with violence but not every revolution needs to be a violent one. I dunno about you guys but I am not interested in a French Revolution part 2. Nope, no thank you. Violence is not the answer, clearly, because where has it gotten us so far?

Although the FBI and Chesterfield County police have not charged Brandon Raub, a resident of Chesterfield County, Va., with committing any crime, they arrested Raub on Thursday, August 16, 2012, and transported him to John Randolph Medical Center, where he was held against his will due to alleged concerns that his Facebook (FB) posts were controversial and "terrorist in nature."

So we have this former marine who is a Truther and calls for an end to the Fed. He believes our current Gov't is completely corrupt and needs to be removed. He discusses this openly on his FB page with his friends and family and calls for a revolution. For these posts the Gov't has labeled him a terrorist. Seabag's thread really puts thing into perspective. So let this be a warning to all of us, anything we say can and will be used against us as they see fit. Watch your backs.

Brandon Raub: "The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. "

Funny thing is, he was right. This should be a national story, so does anyone watch CNN, Fox, MSNBC, BBC, etc, anymore? If so, are they discussing this? Is Alex Jones screaming about this?

edit on 20-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
This has already been posted and received a lot of attention, obviously
, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmpf...thanks, Swills. I searched "Former Marine Brandon Raub Sentenced To Up To 30 Days In Psych Ward Over Facebook Posts" and didn't get any results of that thread.

Oddly enough ATS search fails again.

Won't be long before a mod comes along to close the thread and "use ats search"

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Im sure theirs a reason he is in 30 days...

I read this as:

"I sure hope there is a reason he is in 30 days..."

because if there isn't...you're next...but only after me

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So who of you live in the area where he is being held and are doing something about it?

Short of violence, the only way you can really help get him the hell out of there is to stand outside that "hospital" demanding his release at the top of your lungs.

That way you get the media (whether that is MSM or some kid with a cellphone uploading to youtube) involved and keep the pressure on this CRIME.

Yes. This was a CRIMINAL OFFENCE for them to take him into custody for a MONTH ?! and (very likely) drug him.

For what? Having a $# opinion?

Come on... anyone living in that area should be down there causing a massive fuss. Because you might be next and you'd wish somebody gave a crap about you enough to come down and stand up, instead of sittinbg in front of your laptop, posturing....

ps. the sad thing here, is that now we'll never really know what is going on... God knows what they're doing to him in there.

For all we know they could be washing his noggin right now and "installing a new program"
They cast public suspicion on him by simply arresting him, so if he wasn't a terrorist before, THEY CAN MAKE HIM ONE NOW, by drugging him and some crafty reprogramming.

He gets released after his 30 days and a few months later BOOM he goes "nuts" and shoots up a barn full of Mennonites... the Feds say "WE TOLD YOU SO!" and the public falls in line seeing their initial CRIMINAL arrest of an innocent person as a good thing now because they just fell for the play hook line and sinker.

edit on 20-8-2012 by HIWATT because: add

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Failed or not, and I don't think it failed, for a good search use key words and not the whole title, but either way, this story needs to receive attention so what you got here is updates, much needed updates and a fresh forum for discussion. I ask any Mod thinking about closing this thread to not do that. Keep it up and rolling.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

As a bullet stopper, IE solider, you are to not question the orders, it promotes dissent in the ranks. That hurts the cause as it destroys morale.

This is true to a point.

You are to follow lawful orders. You can let your chain of command know exactly what you think of those orders.

Probably not a healthy career choice - but one you can't really be punished for unless you go way overboard and leave professionalism too far behind.

Though it does largely depend upon the branch of service you're in. The Army is notoriously bad about treating its lower enlisted like dirt. The Marines are still strict - but they tend to have an elitist mentality that tends to encourage its enlisted to take on greater challenges of duty/responsibility. The Navy has such a different system of advancement from the other branches that rank is more of a pay scale (though this does differ between communities). It's much more common, in my experience, to see Navy personnel discussing the merits of command policy (sometimes with those who set the command's policy) than in other branches.

And the Air Force seems to be more in line with the Navy - but with a more meaningful rank structure. But I've less experience in dealing with the Air Force, honestly.

If you wanted to keep your 1st amendment rights you wouldn't have signed up to be a corporate mercenary.

You still have your 1st amendment rights in the military. The issue is that you are also bound by certain other laws that establish penalties for acting certain ways or revealing certain things (such as classified information and OPSEC material). You can tell your chain of command whatever you feel like. You may be subject, depending upon how you say it, to a violation of the UCMJ. Kind of depends upon who you piss off.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Now I could have understand them coming FIRST for someone like Alex Jones, given his numerous outrageous comments, and often tearful breakdowns (maybe needs a little 'help'), but it seems this Raub situation is totally unwarranted IMHO.

On a side note; damned FACEBOOK, followed by TWITTER, is turning out to be a NIGHTMARE for free speech lovers!

People need to get off those monitored networks or go anonymous to post. TOR at least, with their faces covered by masks. Looking at some YouTube comments on the arrest videos, it won't be long before some of those users get their doors busted down too.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Fair enough, sorry you saw it that way.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I find this interesting.

Heres the video.
He says.

(This is what im about to do)

Then he goes into the Bush castle and child rape in Colorado.

That would be Stew Web story about Leonard Y. Millman and Bush Family.

Stew Web has a conspiracy that everything goes back to the castle in Sedalia, Colorado and the family of Leonard Y. Millman who owns and lives in 4 castles all together. Leonard Y. Millman died but he says the children took over.

www.stewwebb.com...

Was he planning to storm the castle like in the video?

This is the castle.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just want to say to all and any government agents reading this, I think you are all swell and doing a fabulous job and I have no complaints to make about what you are doing. You are a credit to your profession and I want you to keep up the great work. ......

........ oh boy now I defo need some psychiatric treatment

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

REPROGRAMING .................... If you are not nuts,... they will make sure you come out that way.. because that is one sure way to NOT MAKE YOU TRUST THEM ANY BETTER THAN U DO NOW>>>

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So we have this former marine who is a Truther and calls for an end to the Fed. He believes our current Gov't is completely corrupt and needs to be removed. He discusses this openly on his FB page with his friends and family and calls for a revolution. For these posts the Gov't has labeled him a terrorist.

And the governments actions in response to his comments proves him absolutely correct. They are scared to death of the growing number of recent military veterans who feel pretty much the same way as he does...

Yet the american people do nothing largely oblivious to these things... Enamored over the dog and pony show fake elections fake candidates etc... Sigh!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Hmm...

I'm thinking there are two extremes at play in this one.

First - from those face book posts - I would have to say that he's got some delusions going on. Whether or not they require psychiatric help is debatable.

Second - there seems to be a pretty quick 'trigger' of sorts on the whole ordeal. Resorting to mandatory confinement in the VA seems a bit over the top.

Was he planning to storm the castle like in the video?

Honestly, that's a little hard to tell.

What he's saying can be taken multiple ways. I'd be interested to know what his house looked like. It can be a bit hard to tell with "these types" (who probably have tactical gear laying around, anyway) - but if he was planning something like that, he would have some decent intel compiled on the place and mapped out infiltration and exfiltration routes.

Honestly - the best treatment I could think of for this guy would be to take him to said 'castle' and let him confront reality. Not that I expect that to be administered - I can't exactly say that I'm aware of all the people who think I rape children in my basement and that I'd be too inclined to invite them in to see that my house is where I live and there's no child rapeage.

Though he could always dismiss it as part of the shadow government conspiracy.

Ironically, probably the best thing would have been for him to carry out such a mission (presuming that was what he was going to do) - the probability it would have endangered the former President is relatively low (though that presumes our Marine was planning an 'assault recon' mission - go in expecting trouble to find you but not particularly looking to start it). He would have gone in, found the lack of rape chambers... and either come to the conclusion that they had been moved because of his facebook posts or that he was mistaken - perhaps about a lot of things.

People you disagree with don't necessarily have to be evil or raping children. It's common, however, for people to fall victim to this instinct. It's the "my ex-girlfriend is a slut" reaction - only applied to other issues where disagreement exists.

But it may simply not be possible for him to realize this, for whatever reason. Which is unfortunate.

I'm not so sure he was actually planning a 'raid' on the 'castle.' Though what he meant could be taken to mean many things (his involvement with the Ron Paul campaign could have been seen as a sort of "storming the castle" of established political parties).

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Wow...where to start. He's a former marine, he served the country. He got out, unless he's in the IRR, Inactive Ready Reserve, he should be able to say whatever he wants to say about the President and Government as per the first amendment. That's why you see retired or separated members who voice their true opinions after getting out.

I don't really see anything that constitutes terroristic threatening on his FB pages. What he said is basically the same subjects I've read here on ATS as well as by other people in other sites. A friend told me that what he posted is basically from Ron Paul's "Revolution" playbook. I have yet to read the book so I need to check it out.

I watched the video where his mom was interviewed. She said he was taken to a hospital and not the jail. I thought, oh my goodness, they're going to try to reprogram him or something. Now hearing that he's going to be detained for a while in a psych ward, seems like some mind control programming or reprogramming is going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised in a few years, he'll be a shooter at some event that'll make the headlines just like James Holmes. Then they'll claim he's schizophrenic (if they don't say that he is in the next few days). Remember in "Batman Begins" when Dr. Crane/Scarecrow gave and sprayed a mind altering drug that caused the prisoners to go crazy so he can put them in the psych ward?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OmWarrior

She said he was taken to a hospital and not the jail. I thought, oh my goodness, they're going to try to reprogram him or something.

There are 360 million people in the U.S.

Why, of all of them, would this one individual be selected for "reprogramming?"

I've issue with the hair-trigger they seemed to ride in this instance of putting him in the VA - but the idea he's being reprogrammed there is a little too paranoid.

Now hearing that he's going to be detained for a while in a psych ward, seems like some mind control programming or reprogramming is going to happen.

It's more than likely an analysis period. What problems does he have? How severe are they? What treatment is required?

He's a little off the deep end. Honestly - I think that if he was a danger for violent activity - he would have expressed this already.

Remember in "Batman Begins" when Dr. Crane/Scarecrow gave and sprayed a mind altering drug that caused the prisoners to go crazy so he can put them in the psych ward?

Reality and movies don't always get along too well.

I've seen what they do to people at SERE school. They push people there to a psychological breaking point. You don't leave "the same" - but you don't leave as a different person, either. Numerous studies into various stresses and their effects on human psychology show that we are far more robust than we give ourselves credit for.

Fortunately, it's not so simple to rob a person of his/her individuality and sanity.

Or... rob them of their insanity.

It works both ways.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The ironic thing about all this too, is that the government basically just validated all his "terrorist" like accusations about it...that whole their taking your freedoms and need to be dismantled thing sounds a little less radical when the government proves you right by doing exactly what they are being accused of...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join