It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manic/Psycotic episode on ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I'm sorry, but you haven't been where I've been, so you've not seen the things I've seen.

Vague? Yes. Uninformed? No.

To each in his time. It is not yet your time.
edit on 8/9/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Erm, this goes both ways pal. I've had psychotic breaks before.

You're vague BECAUSE you have no real truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm vague because no matter what I tell you, you won't believe me.

Been there. Done that. Learned from it.

Wait. Your time is coming.

Will you be as scared as I was? Will you move from fear to fearlessness as I did?

Ask yourself what scares you? That is what is used against you. Be prepared.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii

I'm vague because no matter what I tell you, you won't believe me.

This is an incorrect assumption. You're saying you have no proof, or evidence.

I won't take your word without either.

If it makes no sense to me, and I have no way of verifying it, why would I believe you

This is ATS. We're here to deny ignorance.

If you have any evidence to back up your claims, I'll entertain them and do my best to withhold judgment or bias until I reason through it.

BTW, if you didn't fear, you wouldn't live long...just think about it. You're just lying to yourself.
edit on 9-8-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Glad to hear you made it back in one piece

This is a very good read for the many members of this site who are slightly psychotic & delusional who believe in reptilians, or the new age mumbo-jumbo.

That's a little biased and unfair. People have psychotic episodes about all sorts of things, often any ideas of any sort that they are exposed to will become part of the fabric of their psychosis. They could have a psychosis involving actors or musicians "speaking to them" i.e. Charles Manson thinking the Beatles were communicating to him in their songs - doesn't mean the Beatles didn't exist.

Believing in reptilians is hardly evidence of psychosis, in fact with the plethora of experiences people have had for decades, I'd find it pretty hard to completely deny something weird is going on there. And new age "mumbo jumbo" constitutes the belief system of many people. Would you have said "Christianity mumbo jumbo?"

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The only thing we'll ever agree on is that we do not know each other.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by unityemissions
Glad to hear you made it back in one piece

This is a very good read for the many members of this site who are slightly psychotic & delusional who believe in reptilians, or the new age mumbo-jumbo.

That's a little biased and unfair. People have psychotic episodes about all sorts of things, often any ideas of any sort that they are exposed to will become part of the fabric of their psychosis. They could have a psychosis involving actors or musicians "speaking to them" i.e. Charles Manson thinking the Beatles were communicating to him in their songs - doesn't mean the Beatles didn't exist.

This is true. I'm not sure what it has to do with what I wrote, though.

Believing in reptilians is hardly evidence of psychosis, in fact with the plethora of experiences people have had for decades, I'd find it pretty hard to completely deny something weird is going on there.

Decades! Not centuries, or millenia, but a few decades...

And new age "mumbo jumbo" constitutes the belief system of many people. Would you have said "Christianity mumbo jumbo?"

Why not? Are not Christians a bit psychotic as well?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamTyD
reply to post by Samuelis

I really hate to do this to you, but look at the kudallini. Also take a look at bipolar or waking up.

bipolarorwakingup.com...

Something similar happened to me as well. I wasn't even looking for answers, and I have no history of mental illness. I don't want to induce another episode in you, but I'm curious as to how many people have experienced this, because I have been looking for the answer since 09.

Without a doubt in my mind, I think many mental illness symptoms go hand in hand with things like kundalini, etc. This does not mean I am in any way diagnosing anyone with mental illness. It is certainly up to them to decide what is or is not happening to them.

I do however think that our present society has no belief system other than the hard scientific, and therefore is sometimes thoroughly unequipped to deal with certain mental manifestations. If it doesn't fit into the box we've designated as 'reality' then it's mental illness.In other cultures, and in other times, it was not always thought this way. Many people who meditate for years suddenly get the same or similar symptoms, but luckily know what they're going through.

The psychologist Erickson looked upon schizophrenia as a higher state that people in this society were not prepared for because this society will not allow it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You mentioned listening to binaural beats during this period. Can you remember which ones you were listening to each night? I have listened to and tried numerous ones over the years. Some are great and some aren't so great so I am just curious.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I would like to think that my own "dark night of the soul" might have helped to make is easier for other people, that they would not have to go through something similar, which is why I spent a LOT of time and energy "working it out" in terms of the meaning and significance of the psychic material I was dealing with, so that in the end I might be able to share with others something of great value. In other words I made it part of the hero's journey, who's goal is to bring back a boon for humanity (see the writings of Joseph Campbell), even if it means he might have gotten a little burned while stealing the fire from the "keepers of the flame" who've obviously dropped the ball. So, switching analogies now, on bended knee I hereby present to you, Joe sixpack (lol), the great double edged sword that comes from the mouth of Christ - just be careful with it, because it sllces both ways!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You have an excellent memory and detailed account of what happened to you! I cannot even remember exactly what I did yesterday! I guess being bipolar heightens your memory. You made some interesting memories and will have many stories to tell due to your experiences! I hope you continue to feel better!
edit on 9-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

You sound a lot like me with the inner movies and music etc...

Have you ever been tested for aspergers???

That is my diagnosis, I also memorized every phone number under the sun and have more of a photographic memory than a recall memory, if that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

From one Tasmanian to another, Well done, I spose Tassie's are not the type of people who generally speak about this kind of stuff or have the proper support and services available when needed so I can understand how hard it must have been.
I grew up in Westbury.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Congratulations on feeling well again, no need to be embarrassed. Psychosis, I think everyone has it to differing extents. It's always there in the back of everyone's minds, it comes and goes and sometimes it has the potential to overwhelm. Calling it "psychosis" is even wrong I think, I don't think that accurately describes that mental state.

If you can imagine the mental state of say, a dog; or to a larger extent maybe a wild animal. I would expect that animals life is much like a vivid, psychotic dream in that it has no idea about anything really, it has no clue about simple things we "know", it doesn't live in or have any concern for the structure we do. I think psychosis is the mental state we used to experience until our intelligence started evolving, sort of a coping mechanism for survival of the fittest that still exists in us.

Ever run so much you start to get a little delusional and can no longer feel pain (a runner's high)? Sort of the same thing as with anything else, once your brain sets itself into a certain "mode" it believes its doing it to keep you alive at all costs. That's a bit different, but along the same lines I think. If your mind feels threatened or is overwhelmed with fear, it will react accordingly and seem to give you advantages such as heightened senses, inability to feel pain, etc. Some day to day common knowledge might be forgotten in favor of concentrating fully on the apparent situation at hand, I suppose that's what causes the delusion aspect of it.

We're all animals, I just don't think we realize it. I don't think you have any reason to be embarrassed though, after all you went to the edge of your mind and came back without harming anyone. To me that would seem to say that you are truly a good, empathic person who cares about the well being of others all the way down to the most primal, instinctive level.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother.
edit on 9-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Im sorry to hear what happened to you, and I am happy that you have recovered if that is the case.

However I have to say that my warning lights blinked big time when reading this article. It sounds like you were almost under influence of drugs and I find the whole story a little hard to believe, almost if it was fabricated.
I find it also strange that you were afraid of taking a shower because the fluoride water would kill you slowly.
The conspiracies I have ever heard about fluoride regards only when drinking it!

You want us to share our stories regarding mental illness, if its about our self or close family.
Personally unless I knew you in RL, I would never share any information like this because I know it can be used against me or my friends/family.
I will also warn other people about posting such information.
For them who post such information, I will only ask this: "Are you allowed by your family member or friend to share information about his/her mental health?"

Nothing personal against you sir, if this story really are valid.

Just because your mentally ill doesn't make you dangerous. Just because your dangerous doesn't make you mentally ill.

Doesn't matter. If the government decide that you should be locked up, you will be locked up, no matter how harmless you are.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The second part is a bit off. The world is exactly what we collectively imagine it to be

Double speak. I would argue something to the opposite, and many watching over don't agree with you on that. Programming does not equal free will nor do cheaters (world's mismanagement team) prosper, not long term.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nothing quite that extreme, but I had such severe anxiety and depression that I wanted to kill myself, sometimes. Also was drinking 12-20 beers a day. I was too scared to open my mail, or even check it. I couldn't mow my lawn for fear of my neighbors seeing me. Spent a couple weeks in the hospital, then rehab, then Oxford house...

Now I too have a full time job, and I quit drinking. I have to take medicine though...

Moral of the story I guess is it does get better. You need to get help from other people if you're going through this stuff though.

Thanks to OP for posting this.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

The second part is a bit off. The world is exactly what we collectively imagine it to be

Double speak. I would argue something to the opposite, and many watching over don't agree with you on that. Programming does not equal free will nor do cheaters (world's mismanagement team) prosper, not long term.

Oh my, "many watching over"...who the hell are you speaking for now?

Please, you've been thoroughly discredited too many times on this site.

If anyone wants to know what I'm talking about, just look through her posts...

You never did answer me when you bizarrely jumped into the thread spouting junk that had no relation to the OP the other week. Just ran in, claimed all sorts of nonsense, and left when people asked you wth you were talking about.

You're not even close to sane, sorry!

Damned I wish the ignore function still worked

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That comment you made made me realize you know perfectly well. That is mystery school knowledge and they know perfectly well.

Enough said, pretend all you want that you don't know.

Oh my, you added me as respected foe. What a mature thing to do. Much Peace. Love and Light to you.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I think people are free to see she's far off her rocker here...

Yes, you're my one and only rival on this site.

I don't see a single other member who makes fantastically nonsensical claims nonstop and demonizes those who disagree with her...then spouts out this "love and light" nonsense. Talk about hypocrisy!
edit on 9-8-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join