It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

If love is an illusion, then so is your god, for he is love. The Bible states so.

...oh, and I'd like you to do a favor for me. I want you to turn on a video camera, and record for us a clip of you picking up your daughter, or sitting down with her, whatever...and telling her that your love for her is just an illusion. That you don't REALLY love her. Do that, post the video, and keep us updated on how she treats you for the rest of the week.

Generally, if you don't love your children, you don't deserve them. So tell me, is your love an illusion, or is it real?

edit on 9-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by randyvs

I believe that there is verifyable evidence that God, through the person of Jesus Christ as the son, performed a Great Work in our midst and in the midst of human history, in the form of a passover (see my signature for more on this).

But if people want tangible proof, I would like to propose a little experiment, which will work best if the participant suffers from some sort of sleep disorder, or sleeps fitfully, awakening each day run down and tired with little if no energy to face the day.

While attempting to go to sleep at night, in synchronicity with the breath, imagine the words on the intake "Jesus Christ son of God" and on the outbreath "have mercy on me, a sinner". Do that for a number of breaths, while at the same time asking for God's help in one form or another, say to give you strength, courage, increased patience and loving kindness, and to help you through whatever obstacle you may be facing, and also ask for a peaceful and deep sleep in order to better face the next day - and see what happens. This could then become a type of prayerful ritual whereby we give thanks in the evening for God's aid and assistance during the day, and in the morning, ask for God's help to overcome obstacles, grant us increased energy to perform the tasks of the day ahead, etc

Some may say this is just a trick of the unconscious mind at work, yet if they try this experiment with sincerety, you'll be forced to admit that what you have surely tried on your own, without God's help, wasn't working, but that when you brought God and his son Jesus Christ into the equation, lo and behold something profound has taken place, however subtle the alteration.

And because it works, at least in my experience it sure does, you are then faced with the very real probability, if not utter certainty, that you have made contact with God and have begun the process of developing God-consciousness which is awareness that God is with you, and sympathizes with your plight 100% and wants to help you, the only requirement being that you are willing to humble yourself and simply ask for his help.

Whoever tries this experiment with sincerity, will be amazed at the results, both in terms of a dramatic shift in the content of their dreamlife, dream recall, but also the degree to which they awaken in the morning refreshed and rejeuvenated, and then you'll know, you'll know by the dreams that you'll be given to remember for a reason and a purpose, and you'll know by the magnitude of the difference in sleep quality. It's quite extraordinary what a little praying at bedtime can do for a person. Anf if God is unreal, this would not work as well as it does. Try it tonight.

edit on 9-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't know. All I know is, Jesus isn't coming back to save us. If he was, he would have done it a long time ago. And no sane man would ever visit Earth, witness the destruction, and return after escaping. He ESCAPED Earth. Why would he ever come back?

I suggest that he won't be coming back for anyone who is negative. Some just won't be helped.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I don't know. All I know is, Jesus isn't coming back to save us. If he was, he would have done it a long time ago. And no sane man would ever visit Earth, witness the destruction, and return after escaping. He ESCAPED Earth. Why would he ever come back?

I suggest that he won't be coming back for anyone who is negative. Some just won't be helped.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

So the only thing humans can be credited for are those things which are bad? We can't do any good because we didn't do it, god did? Why can't humans be credited for the good as well? Why must it be one way or the other?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So the only thing humans can be credited for are those things which are bad? We can't do any good because we didn't do it, god did? Why can't humans be credited for the good as well? Why must it be one way or the other?

Exactly, give glory to God in ALL things. For your works are as dirty rags before him.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Exactly, give glory to God in ALL things. For your works are as dirty rags before him.

Right! There's that "God is love" guy. Makes me feel all warm and gooey all over!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say it. It's getting tiring these stupid sarcastic comments from ignorant people.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You think that quoting the Beatitudes and calling the OP out on his hypocrisy is tired sarcasm? You just don't like to be shown the inner hate filled doctrine, that is Christianity, while hiding behind God's skirt and the Bible. You can dish it but you can't take it, right?

edit on 9-8-2012 by windword because: B

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

When has your god done anything for us without asking for something in return? Hell, he hasn't given anything to us lately and he's STILL asking to be worshipped, according to you guys!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And what gives you that idea? I thought everyone was worthy of being saved?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Anf if God is unreal, this would not work as well as it does.

One, I never said "god" isn't real. I just said you don't know the true god.

Second, the power of suggestion does amazing things, so you really haven't a clue what you're talking about. The same things you are describing can be affected by the contents of the following videos, and not one of them as anything to do with your god.

I suggest watching the "drunk without drinking" video first. It's a prime example of how telling someone how they should feel about something (especially with children) can invoke that response with absolutely no actual influence other than the mind.

That's how Christianity works. Repetition is the easiest form of hypnosis. And what do we do in church? We sing songs and repeat after the preacher, and are taught rhymes, hymns, and proverbs that we are encouraged to memorize and say to ourselves in order to stabilize our lives.

Hypnosis. Very real, very powerful, and highly effective. But here's the catch: if you don't want to "snap out" of it, you won't. So you're pretty good and stuck. Fear of lack of control does that kind of thing to you. Between blue pill and red pill, you'll take the sleeper and live with your eyes wide shut.

That is the darker half of mankind's legacy. The ability to choose your reality, and to hell with the rest. I hope these videos have made their point. It's not fake, it's very real. And religion uses it as surely as any magician. If you know anything about your faith at all, then you will see that this is the truth.

If you choose to continue lying to yourself, that's your choice. Good luck...you'll need it.
edit on 9-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

And what gives you that idea? I thought everyone was worthy of being saved?

I'm sorry if it's so simple you can't grasp it.

What is it you and win think you're defeating here ? What ever it is I'm laughing at your silly attempts.
edit on 9-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

'Give all the glory that man has worked hard for to god! Oh, and all that bad stuff? Yeah, we'll keep it, because we don't deserve to be credited with the good things, only the bad.'

That is not a sound argument, sorry. Your words are like dirty rags before logic and reason.
edit on 9-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Give all the glory that man has worked hard for to god! Oh, and all that bad stuff? Yeah, we'll keep it, because we don't deserve to be credited with the good things

Now you're getting it. Nothing happens with out God. What is so complex? Accept truth and move on instead of hang'in out here and making a total ignoramus of yourself.

Patt'n each other on the back.

edit on 9-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

All that, but you never tried the experiment I outlined first. Don't assume.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

'Nothing happens without god! Oh... except the bad stuff, that has nothing to do with him, but nothing happens without god at the same time!'

Yeah, that's definitely not a contradiction. Who's the ignoramus now?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

"have mercy on me, a sinner".

This right here ^^^ is debasing. Unhealthy on the whole.

I'm supposed to degrade myself in the eyes of my father in order to receive strength and a peaceful night's sleep? Sounds more like your subconscious convincing itself "Okay, I need to do this, and then I'll sleep well."

And because you've just connected the two concepts in your subconscious, it works. Proven science, my friend. Google it. Trust me, I have friends who have worked in NLP and suggestion before. One of them has written a seduction course that works like magic, and the other is an actual magician. They've been around the block. They know what they're talking about.

What you just suggested is programming using religious concepts. My challenge to you and anyone trying your experiment is this: instead of using God, use Light. Just a glow of brilliant white light. You don't need to identify it...just use the light, and refer to yourself as "peaceful, serene, and beautiful". EXPRESS confidence that you will have a great day tomorrow. KNOW and BELIEVE that you are going to be the best at everything.

Ever heard of the "best you can be" mantra? Should try that in front of the mirror. Many accounts of astonishing success. And you know what? Not a single god was called upon. Try that on for size.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I don't think he is saying it doesn't work, he's just applying the logic you use to someone thinking they're drunk just because someone said they were drinking alcohol. Is that coincidence a work of god as well?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

All that, but you never tried the experiment I outlined first. Don't assume.

While attempting to go to sleep at night, in synchronicity with the breath, imagine the words on the intake "Jesus Christ son of God" and on the outbreath "have mercy on me, a sinner".

Why would anyone want to self hypnotize themselves with such a self depreciating phrase?

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join