It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Can you post something that makes a little more sense?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Taking responsibility for ourselves is key. Instead of blaming God for all the terrible things that happen in this world, we should take a closer look at ourselves. With free will comes consequences in our actions. I can't think of a single bad thing that God has done to me. Sometimes it was the fault of another, almost always the fault lay with me.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich
Away!
There fled he surely,
My final, only comrade,
My greatest foe,
Mine unfamiliar-
My hangman-God!...

-Nay!
Come thou back!
With all of thy great tortures!
To me the last of lonesome ones,
Oh, come thou back!
Mine unfamiliar God! my pain!
My final bliss!

That's HILARIOUS and beautiful, so long as the "torture" described isn't malicious in any way, but only intended to produce psychological and spiritual growth, making the heart to both break and to grow.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"God is love. Eliminate God from your life and you eliminate the very source of all love,,,,"

Well you have already made one assumption "God is love". Possible, but do I know?
Do you know? I'm sure you will say you do. But it really comes down to faith. Oh that mustard seed quandary. Well I'm glad for you if you got that,. more people should. Just remember this, as you enjoy your moment of peace and strength, God gave you the ability to believe, however didn't give you the ability to know. This lack of knowing makes you, necessarily wrong.You are wrong. and maybe the beliefs of some one else., different as they are, fill in nicely where you are wrong. Don't get me wrong. He's beliefs are wrong as well. I'm wrong. Your wrong. He's wrong. We're all wrong. Relax. Enjoy your life. Do the best you can. Let your brother do the same. God do love the cheerful giver. don't forget that part.God also loves the one who comes cheerfully to his belief: I suppose. Like I say, you can know one thing, I'm wrong..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Ilyich

Can you post something that makes a little more sense?

If memory serves, it sounds like 'The Magician' by Nietzsche.....

It may not be 'The Magician', but it is dry, flaccid and most non-inspirational, so it is most definitely Nietzsche.
I dated a guy sorta like that one time...but, I digress......

Personally, Nietzsche is not really one of the top 99 people I'd love to hang out and have a few beers with. But hey, that's just me.....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Taking responsibility for ourselves is key. Instead of blaming God for all the terrible things that happen in this world, we should take a closer look at ourselves. With free will comes consequences in our actions. I can't think of a single bad thing that God has done to me. Sometimes it was the fault of another, almost always the fault lay with me.

None of you even know what "God" is.

You are so blinded by the thought of Good Creator Versus Everything Else...that you all entirely miss the boat...oh well, another thousand lifetimes for you!

Lucky for you all, you have many more chances despite your pathetic excuse for a religion that is the MOST confusing dichotomy filled pack of lies that can be or ever WILL be thought up.

You mistakenly believe you have free will. or more correctly, you MISUNDERSTAND what it even means, and you all behave as if the betterment that you achieved through some of the parallels of the good parts is somehow ANYWHERE NEAR what YOUR JESUS CHRIST said to do or accomplish, it is beyond laughable indeed.

Unfortunately most of you have no chance at true ascension, upon death you will be quite amazed at just WHO is behind your complete and utter confusion as to what CREATION even is, and how all of this here has gone this way.

You WILL be given a chance too wake up, but likely your FEARFUL RELIGION, which by the way is even MORE fearful in nature than Islam...will be your undoing, and that is sad, for most of you mean well.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Well '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Don't keep us poor fools in suspense - spill your wisdom coated beans.
Or are you an empty vessel making lots of noise

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You WILL be given a chance too wake up, but likely your FEARFUL RELIGION, which by the way is even MORE fearful in nature than Islam...will be your undoing, and that is sad, for most of you mean well.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Forget reincarnation, you can come back as a cockroach, as for me? I'll be graciously accepting the new body i will get uploaded into at the Resurrection. BTW cool narcicism

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dontlaughthink

If God loves like you say he does he must be permanently heart broken

He doesn't lose anyone that is his. That's part of his resurrection gig. These bodies have to die before we can get our new ones. He doesn't want to lose anyone, but he knows not everyone is going to come to him.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
reply to post by stupid girl

No, I have the default position. Nobody was born believing in a god. That is a learned trait. There is no evidence that gives any credence for a god. Anything you assume or say is opinion and not fact. David Cross put it simply:

“The Bible was written, and then rewritten, and then edited, and then re-edited, and then translated from dead languages, then re-re-translated, then re-edited, then re-re-re-edited, and then re-translated, then given to kings for them to take their favorite parts out, then re-edited, then re-translated, and then re-edited, then given to the pope for him to approve, then re-re-translated, then then re-re-written, then re-written, re-edited, re-translated, re-edited again, all based on stories that were told orally thirty to ninety years after they happened to people who didn’t know how to write. So I guess what I’m saying is the bible is literally the world’s oldest game of telephone.” -David Cross

The Bible is a book written by man, nothing more. It has just as much historical accuracy as the Quran, The Bhagavad Gita, Homer's Odyssey and Harry Potter. Using any of those books to prove the existence of any of their characters is like proving Aliens exist using a photoshop picture.

And I love how theists like to claim humility, by claiming they have the one truth. That isn't humble, that is being full of yourself. There is mountains of evidence to support evolution, and not one shred of evidence to suggest any divine entity did anything to aide it.

And as a kicker, your signature is by an atheist, and you're using it wrong.

blah, blah, blah, blah.....I've had one too many beers at this point to read the rest.

But I'm pretty sure whatever you said, I can paraphrase as,
"I am smart. Becuz I wuz born this way. And there is no God, because my hair is a bird. And blah, blah, I know quantum physics and have solved all the world's problems and know exactly how many hairs are on every camel on the planet because I made them myself out of tampons and silly putty....blah"

Well, give or take a few words, but I'm bettin' that pretty much sums up your pompous, presumptuous, pontificating post.

And I don't care who claims authorship of my signature, I am full aware of the fact that the person most known for speaking it is an atheist.
And the real kicker is that you are the one using it wrong.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Job didn't know what was going on, but we are privy to it now and can judge this God for his actions. I say "To hell with him!"

Please show where, in the Old Testament, it says that God is love!
edit on 8-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

Ree-hee-heely??
Your balls are much brassier than mine, and I must say, I've got quite the pair.

And I am assuming your last comment is rhetorical, since I'm also assuming you are more than capable of searching that out for yourself.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
As John Lennon sangeth "God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
So watch out He don't kick you in the balls .... I said that

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Wow, all this time I could have just come to you for all of the answers! This last decade has been such a waste.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dontlaughthink

Your reply will probably be,:- something about finding Jesus, but what you really mean is you have no feelings for others.

Although I like your predicted reply guess what ? You're wrong. My reply would have gone exactly like this.

There was once a man. He managed to get away with leading a double life. He had a family, his wife whom he loved with all his heart two boys and one girl all his own whom he adored and would never hurt. Also 30 miles away where he worked lived another women and her own sweet child that he fell in love with both of them thru no fault of his own. And they all of each loved him as much back. Then one day the world began to end. As this man always knew it someday would.

That man was F--ked.

Sorry about the way the story uses language.

edit on 8-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yeah yeah yeah God is all love blah blah blah..

God doesn't exist. Love doesn't exist, it's simply an illusion.

People who are "spritual" people most likely think with their right brain more. This is just a theory of mine. I'm an agnostic and I do want believe in God but yet it's hard for me to do that. Why is it hard for me to do that? Because an all loving God would know allow his children to go through the things they do in this World. I'm deaf and hard of hearing, and it's made my life a living hell but not only that but I achknowledge the fact that there are people out in this world that are suffering more then me.

Anyways, the reason why I believe in the right brain/left brain theory is because of what each side do as it's functions. If you look at the list and compare left and right brain functions you will noticed a pattern.

Left Brain Functions;

Uses logic
Detail oriented
Facts rule
Words and language
Present and past
Math and science
Can comprehend
Knowing
Acknowledges
Order/Pattern perception
Knows object name
Reality based
Forms Strategies
Practical
Safe

Right Brain Functions;
Uses Feeling
Big picture oriented
Imagination rules
Symbols and images
Present and future
Philosophy & religion
Can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
Believes
Appreciates
Spatial Perception
Knows Object Function
Fanatsy based
Presents possibilities
Impetuous
Risk taking

As you can see the right brain functions has more "spiritual" aspects to it.

What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by windword

Job didn't know what was going on, but we are privy to it now and can judge this God for his actions. I say "To hell with him!"

Please show where, in the Old Testament, it says that God is love!
edit on 8-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

Ree-hee-heely??
Your balls are much brassier than mine, and I must say, I've got quite the pair.

And I am assuming your last comment is rhetorical, since I'm also assuming you are more than capable of searching that out for yourself.

Yeah, it's rhetorical because I've asked it before, and you still haven't answer it, because you know you can't. It's not true. God wasn't called "love" until the New Testament and the "new" god was presented to us.. Forget the message of Jesus, it's Paul who you listen to!

By the way, since you have edited out the very comment/question I asked and on which you have replied to, I will reiterate. If Job knew the truth and the circumstances of his trials, ie, the tortures he suffered because of God's wager with Satan, do you think that he would've praised and worshiped this God of yours?

The answer is "No!", Your god is not worthy of praise or worship. He shows his human side, and is therefore unworthy of any more worship than Justine Bieber!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Depending that the Bible was written by God. We all know it wasnt but it is supposed to be inspired by God. Problem is that the Bible was infact written by men who based there writtings on there belief system, eg anti woman etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Love is most certainly NOT an illusion. Do you have children? A partner? I have both, and let me tell you, the love I feel for them is the most real emotion I've ever experienced in my life. There's nothing illusionary about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Love is most certainly NOT an illusion. Do you have children? A partner? I have both, and let me tell you, the love I feel for them is the most real emotion I've ever experienced in my life. There's nothing illusionary about it.

Yes. I have a beautiful daughter. It's only biologically natural for us to love our children.

And trust me, it IS an illusion.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Being Religious or believing in god does not equate with being spiritual.I have been surrounded by religious people all my life from family to multitudes of congregation members.I can say they are a miserable bunch of people.They put up a front of being happy but deep down they are fearful of things that are going to happen.They give up living and pin their hopes on getting through Armageddon.All the ones I know which is about 20 are all on antidepressants.That includes family too(5 of them.That is a high percentage.They all believe they are gods chosen people.
No one as seen god(from the bible) or will ever see him.The fact that I say him for god proves the concept of god is antiquated.Our concept of god could be way off.What if the living force in all living things is actually god and therefore we are part of god. Good luck at seeing god at the pearly gates or the gates of hell.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join