It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I know.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Present to me concrete evidence of your claims. Since your psychology is proving to be less than sound, perhaps your stash of verifiable facts will do the job. At that point, I will reconsider.

The proof, that the Great Work, as I've described it, is imbedded in human history as a superdeterministic event (from the first to the last cause in the creation), is contained here.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
The Real Star of Bethlehem (part 1 of 7)

www.bethlehemstar.net...

Testimonials

"well-researched and reasonable"

Former Chief of Planetary Astronomy, NASA, and Technical Editor, Sky & Telescope magazine

"an interesting look... at the star... genuinely thought-provoking"

Christianity Today magazine

"models the scientific method at its best"

Distinguished Professor of Old Testament Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary

"wide-ranging and insightful scholarship"

Former Publisher and Editor, Scientific American magazine, and President, American Association for the Advancement of Science

"a convincing case...a mystery solved"

Former Director, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center

"This explanation of the Star is compelling..."

NASA's Chief Engineer for the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station, Director of the Columbia Shuttle Accident Task Force

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

I know.

That, right there, described perfectly, the devil's envious hatred of mankind as the crowning glory of God's creation, which probably led in part or in full, to the rebellion and the fall.

Looks like he's got a grip on more than a few people here, and has somehow persuaded them to share in the hatred, which is rather ironic that we, as human beings, could be so duped!

Craziness..

Personally, and on behalf of us all, I thank God that He (the God of Love) got the last laugh by entering "the scene" in human form, and then, with full awareness, binding and robbing the devil blind by aid of and according to his own hatred. Perfect!

Bound and chained - into the abyss (which means oblivion).

God Bless, and with Love,

Your brother in Christ,

NAM aka Bob

edit on 8-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edited

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If someone loves one or more people, then that is beautiful and brave, because if any of the loved ones dies the person that loves them goes through great pain and grief.

But if someone wants to be loved, then they are selfish and don't care how those that are left behind feel when they die.

It's safe to love God, because you know he will never die.

Try loving other people and feel the pain when they die.

If God loves like you say he does he must be permanently heart broken.

Your reply will probably be,:- something about finding Jesus, but what you really mean is you have no feelings for others.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

I know.

That, right there, described perfectly, the devil's envious hatred of mankind as the crowning glory of God's creation, which probably led in part or in full, to the rebellion and the fall.

Looks like he's got a grip on more than a few people here, and has somehow persuaded them to share in the hatred, which is rather ironic that we, as human beings, could be so duped!

Craziness..

edit on 8-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

Yes. It's strange how intolerance and hatred can arise from such a self-proclaimed peaceful doctrine. It permeates through the finery and costumes of piety many believers wear. Meanwhile, wars, sacrifice, intolerance, fear, rape, disfigurement and murder still rage on in His name.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

This isn't a fact my friend. God isn't love. Love is love; and everyone is capable of it whether they believe in God, gods, or no gods.

Well of course they are. But are they capable of being loved and/or receiving love ? For a person is never measured by the amount of love they are capable of. But always by how much and by how many they themselves were loved.

Also you can't say that it is not a fact that God is love because you don't know that the assumption is wrong.
Don't be so neg.

Some deserve love but do not receive it, at least, some, not in adequate measure. As equal as we are, one to another, God is not fair; Nature is not fair. (Personally, as much as I implor such as a literary device/expression, I despise the personification of God... It is not a He, but a wonderous 'thing' --our comprehension of 'true' reality is but a sliver)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

You're a brave man, to admit these things to yourself, let alone all of ATS.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You must have just read the Bible, if you're gagging.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You could do stand-up with that kind of observational talent. I'm lovin' it!

To be fair, I feel the same way when our brilliant physicists tell us that the big bang just happened for the heck of it, and that there was nothing before it. I'm just so tickled pink that they could come up with such garbage. Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You know, I watched some of that. I'm wondering if the planetary balance was just right for people to begin using their "abilities" or gifts. You know, unlock their consciousness. Maybe that's why Jesus showed up.

I don't know. All I know is, Jesus isn't coming back to save us. If he was, he would have done it a long time ago. And no sane man would ever visit Earth, witness the destruction, and return after escaping. He ESCAPED Earth. Why would he ever come back?
edit on 8-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

People are stupid, that's the problem, but not the work of Jesus Christ which was infinitely intelligent. Part of the problem I guess is what it contends directly with, which is the pride of man, so there's been blowback in the form of ignorance, and rebellion, something that the anti-God, anti-Christians are certain to raise on behalf of the enemy of both God and man, so there's a lot of ridiculousness and absurdity, and tragic irony involved, which is fast coming to an end, as our understanding increases, and the ignorance dispelled. It's not fair however to heap it at Jesus' feet for resolving the paradox of human sin and evil, with the love of God made manifest.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

which is the pride of man, so there's been blowback in the form of ignorance, and rebellion, something that the anti-God, anti-Christians are certain to raise on behalf of the enemy of both God and man

Well, of course you're right. There's no possibility that you could even be SLIGHTLY mistaken, so OBVIOUSLY we're the ones with something wrong with us.

The only enemy is ourselves. And cowards, like Christians. Even if you do stand up for your beliefs, it's because those beliefs shield you from the rest of the world. And when it comes down to it, you'll stand up all day behind that shield and spout your beliefs, but never will you step down and provide evidence.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You must have just read the Bible, if you're gagging.

I was gagging at the notion that God's kingdom, built and founded on Love as the very reason of creation, is totalitarian, when the truth of the matter is that "our liberation is God's compulsion" (C.S. Lewis) whereby he frees the captive and those in bondage, freeing us for freedom's sake, to freely love, authentically, as we are loved. Our only problem is that his love is without compromise, so we think it leaves us divided, when in truth it's an evolutionary principal of growth into increasing wholeness and integrity, which breeds happiness and contentment and satisfaction.

I am talking about the rock of ages who reason was/is unparalleled.

I also provided what many have been requesting in terms of something verifyable.. I'm really at a loss here as to some folks' willful and persistent blindness even when presented within something that represents the height of reason however unreasonably reasonable it may be.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Might you humor me and explain your comment "cowards like Christians"?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

If I provided evidence and placed it right before your very eyes, you would ignore it and keep on the attack against me and what I'm presenting, for has no reason than the need to be right, yourself.

edit on 8-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

That depends on if it's actually "evidence". See, I'm not a big fan of delusions, so I would be sorely remiss if I were to turn around and delude myself into thinking, "They're lying."

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Certainly.

I call Christians cowards because all they're doing is sitting around and waiting for Jesus to return. Meanwhile, the entire world turns into a stinking pile of fecal matter, and they continue to have faith that centuries of destruction will be reversed within five minutes of Jesus falling out of the sky.

Even though he's been dead for over a thousand years.

Additionally, while they're waiting, Christians aren't content to keep their mouths shut. No, I was walking down the street earlier this month and spotted Christians waving a sign around. Covered in black marker. Do you know what it was? It was a list of people going to hell. That's their recruitment technique. And as though that isn't bad enough, we have a complete blow-out over the right to get married to someone of the same sex.

Love? Peace? No, they aren't doing ANYTHING to help this planet out. If anything, they're greasing the tracks of a runaway train.

That's what I mean by calling Christians cowards.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I am Christian and by my own admittance far from perfect. I do not agree with anyone casting judgement on another, nor do I agree with painting an entire group with the same broad brush. Hence, I don't support Christians who hold up signs condemning other, or your opinion that being a Christian makes me a coward. I can only speak for myself, but it is not cowardice that drives me to attempt (and often fail) to become a better man today than I was yesterday. I am not arrogant enough to claim that I have all the answers, but I have faith that the answers are found in God.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Whoever places the responsibility of the world in the hands of Jesus, is a coward to me.

And I'm under the impression that it's pretty important to believe in Jesus returning, to be a Christian.

Otherwise, I really don't think you can be a Christian. After all, you can't pick and choose from the Bible. If you believe some of it, you have to believe all of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Because Jesus Christ died not for my sin, but for me, a sinner.
And the thought of seeing him, disintegrates all fear of death. Yet there are many who fail to understand the simplicity of this positive concept. For in their own carnal reasoning, they declare that such a silly belief, ( belief in Jesus Christ ) surely must reside with men because they do indeed fear death. Seeing no objective evidence, where only objective evidence makes up this material ( perceivable to the five senses ) world.

On the flip side of this negative view ( disbelief in a here after ) these same people either fail to realize or simply ignore one certain fact. That being, that if one eliminates mans spirituality, when one eliminates God, from the equation of life ? A succession of positive structure eliminations must soon follow. God is love. Eliminate God from your life and you eliminate the very source of all love.

I have seen this time and again and I must without naming names say, that I have seen it in a self endeavored discussion with an atheist, right here on ATS. No not you Mr. XYZ., even you aren't that neg. But here is the exact quote.

" Then love doesn't exist either "

So anyway although I fall short of welcoming the end of this life. I do look forward with great anticipation at the end of my days because I believe death is a doorway. And through that doorway we are all, going to see God. And we all ( every human being who has ever lived ) together, will drop to our knees, at the very sight of his awesome beauty and gentile power.

For he is nothing like the human mind can even imagine, in it's present degenerative state. And we will confess of our own free will, that Jesus Christ is Lord. It won't be something anyone is forced to do. It will be a confession to self for all who spent their days on earth believing the lies of wicked men. Are there not wicked men ? And an affirmation of thankfulness, for those who managed to find and know and hold on to him. through the labyrinth of life. Just relax your mind and listen.

edit on 7-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Now lightning-struck by thee,
Thou mocking eye that me in darkness watcheth:
-Thus do I lie,
With all eternal torture,
And smitten
By thee, cruellest huntsman,
Thou unfamiliar- God...

Smite deeper!
Smite yet once more!
Pierce through and rend my heart!
What mean'th this torture
With dull, indented arrows?
Why look'st thou hither,
Of human pain not weary,
With mischief-loving, godly flash-glances?

Speak finally!
Thou lightning-veiled one! Thou unknown one! Speak!
What wilt thou, highway-ambusher, from- me?
What wilt thou, unfamiliar- God?
What?
Ransom-gold?
How much of ransom-gold?

Ha! Ha!
Me- wantst thou? me?
-Entire?...

Give, yield to me,
Cruellest foe,
-Thyself!- -

Away!
There fled he surely,