It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Right, and we all know what God thinks of wisdom.

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I did change my last page answers because they were pathetic. I offer my apology.
edit on 9-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I agree that no-one 'knows', we all have different opinions, but in my mind, my theory makes the most sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

There's tons of goodies like that in the Bible.

Apparently, "God" has something against critical thinking skills.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Whoever tries this experiment with sincerity, will be amazed at the results, both in terms of a dramatic shift in the content of their dreamlife, dream recall, but also the degree to which they awaken in the morning refreshed and rejeuvenated, and then you'll know, you'll know by the dreams that you'll be given to remember for a reason and a purpose, and you'll know by the magnitude of the difference in sleep quality. It's quite extraordinary what a little praying at bedtime can do for a person. Anf if God is unreal, this would not work as well as it does. Try it tonight.

Actually it does work but it works with or without God or Jesus being invoked. You could replace the set of words with anything and it would have the same effect. Reminds me of this bit from Journey to Ixtlan when Don Juan instructs Carlos Castaneda to look at his hands in his dreams:

"Seriously, how can you expect me to do that?" I asked

"The way I've told you," he snapped. "You can, of course, look at whatever you goddamn please--your toes, or your belly, or your pecker, for that matter. I said your hands because that was the easiest thing for me to look at. Don't think it's a joke. Dreaming is as serious as seeing or dying or any other thing in this awesome, mysterious world.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by windword

There's tons of goodies like that in the Bible.

Apparently, "God" has something against critical thinking skills.

Maybe that's why he wants us to come before him as little children? You know ? If you don't like what he wants from us you have free will to do as you please. I
edit on 9-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No, it's because we don't really understand the Bible. We just pretend to, and we get it all wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I understand just fine. When it's English.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, so he can instill the fear of hell in us when we are at our most vulnerable, right?

That's how the indoctrination process starts, during childhood. I went through it so I know it to be true.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Right, and we all know what God thinks of wisdom.

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”

I think what you quoted could be interpreted a different way and be very radical in a good way.
IE Sort of like a challenge to the status quo of those days - Perhaps aimed at the pious and arrogant who think they know it all
I think no matter what we glean in this world we will all be in for a big surprise but in a good way
Dante spoke of when we are born we cross the River Lethe or River of Forgetfulness
We recross that when we go home/die - then we remember
It may seem cruel to forget our Heavenly Home and face the Horrors this World can bring But If we did not forget we would be miserable being torn away from such Bliss

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, so he can instill the fear of hell in us when we are at our most vulnerable, right?

That's how the indoctrination process starts, during childhood. I went through it so I know it to be true.

Is there anything you don't know ?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Lots and lots of things. The things I do know come from experience, research, and most of all logic.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Really? I know everything because of FM.

...f***in' magic.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Crossing the River Lethe can be interpreted as reincarnation. Every time we die, we forget our past life and are born anew, with a fresh start.

Sometimes we remember who we are and other times we don't. We are the universe experiencing itself and I have remembered who I am, you are the one who has forgotten.

edit on 9-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think I'd rather watch TV with my wife.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Crossing the River Lethe can be interpreted as reincarnation. Every time we die, we forget our past life and are born anew, with a fresh start.

Yes that is how I interprate it

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yep. Think of it like a vast bank of hard drives for computers. Every time a computer gets worn out, its parts are recycled, and that hard drive is wiped clean and stored with billions of other hard drives. When one is ready to be used, and its presence is necessary, it is pulled from the bank.

A fresh OS is installed, and it begins taking data again. This is reincarnation.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Oh, I assumed you didn't believe in reincarnation. I apologize.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Oh, I assumed you didn't believe in reincarnation. I apologize.

No need to apologize you raised a good point - Dante was a Christian and is a favorite poet of mine though I am not Christian.
I know Christians do not believe in Reincarnation or so I believe?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Yep. Think of it like a vast bank of hard drives for computers. Every time a computer gets worn out, its parts are recycled, and that hard drive is wiped clean and stored with billions of other hard drives. When one is ready to be used, and its presence is necessary, it is pulled from the bank.

A fresh OS is installed, and it begins taking data again. This is reincarnation.

That is a good way of describing it
Since the advent of Computers as a main stream tool it has supplied great Metaphors

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join