It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Because Jesus Christ died not for my sin, but for me, a sinner.
And the thought of seeing him, disintegrates all fear of death. Yet there are many who fail to understand the simplicity of this positive concept. For in their own carnal reasoning, they declare that such a silly belief, ( belief in Jesus Christ ) surely must reside with men because they do indeed fear death. Seeing no objective evidence, where only objective evidence makes up this material ( perceivable to the five senses ) world.

On the flip side of this negative view ( disbelief in a here after ) these same people either fail to realize or simply ignore one certain fact. That being, that if one eliminates mans spirituality, when one eliminates God, from the equation of life ? A succession of positive structure eliminations must soon follow. God is love. Eliminate God from your life and you eliminate the very source of all love.

I have seen this time and again and I must without naming names say, that I have seen it in a self endeavored discussion with an atheist, right here on ATS. No not you Mr. XYZ., even you aren't that neg. But here is the exact quote.

" Then love doesn't exist either "

So anyway although I fall short of welcoming the end of this life. I do look forward with great anticipation at the end of my days because I believe death is a doorway. And through that doorway we are all, going to see God. And we all ( every human being who has ever lived ) together, will drop to our knees, at the very sight of his awesome beauty and gentile power.

For he is nothing like the human mind can even imagine, in it's present degenerative state. And we will confess of our own free will, that Jesus Christ is Lord. It won't be something anyone is forced to do. It will be a confession to self for all who spent their days on earth believing the lies of wicked men. Are there not wicked men ? And an affirmation of thankfulness, for those who managed to find and know and hold on to him. through the labyrinth of life. Just relax your mind and listen.

edit on 7-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nice Post...S&F

One thing though...

You already have seen God, you just don't remember...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It is more the labels that many have problems with, take out God, religion etc.... and just call it spirituality which leaves it open to interpretation rather than a specific label. this makes more sense seeing how it is all up to interpretation anyways in our own mind. Being spiritual does not require belief in a specific nor does it take away from specific beliefs one might have.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
On the flip side of this negative view ( disbelief in a here after ) these same people either fail to realize or simply ignore one certain fact. That being, that if one eliminates mans spirituality, when one eliminates God, from the equation of life ? A succession of positive structure eliminations must soon follow. God is love. Eliminate God from your life and you eliminate the very source of all love.

This isn't a fact my friend. God isn't love. Love is love; and everyone is capable of it whether they believe in God, gods, or no gods.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'll have to go along with that Ak.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by randyvs

Nice Post...S&F

One thing though...

If you can't remember seeing him how do you know you have seen Him?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Is there anything NEW under the sun?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How can there be something under the Sun?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'll expand that if I may - You already have seen God, because you are part of God, you just don't remember...

And, I don't think you have to die to remember....but that's just my belief.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

If you can't remember seeing him how do you know you have seen Him?

Theres nothing i can say that will make sense to you... so lets just call it a feeling i have

How can there be something under the Sun

lets not argue semantics alright...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

This isn't a fact my friend. God isn't love. Love is love; and everyone is capable of it whether they believe in God, gods, or no gods.

Well of course they are. But are they capable of being loved and/or receiving love ? For a person is never measured by the amount of love they are capable of. But always by how much and by how many they themselves were loved.

Also you can't say that it is not a fact that God is love because you don't know that the assumption is wrong.
Don't be so neg.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Here is an even more to the point version

In essence this is a long way of saying "Ignorance is Bliss"

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am one of those people you must be referring to in your post because I think spirituality and religion are inner instinctive reflections of death anxiety and despair pertaining to life's ordeals.

Evolution wants us to reproduce, not despair. My argument is that without religion and spirituality, humans despair more about everyday things. Back before evolution had anticipated this and driven it out of our brain, this despair resulted in more deaths and less reproduction. So those who had the instincts to be driven towards spirituality and religion to answer these anxieties were naturally selected and there genes became dominant. This is why most people believe in God. This is why most people aren't atheists. Most people listen to their instincts and drive away the despair. Also keep in mind that there're probably other ways to do this other than just religion or spirituality. Probably all manners of gene expression. Perhaps eliminating emotions themselves is a possible route to go down. Evolution has probably attempted a number of things with limited success and this continues.
edit on 7-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

So you rather our end come from overpopulation and irrational thought. If nature soley intended us for reproduction then why do you have curiosity (not the one on mars
)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by randyvs

Is there anything NEW under the sun?

This is one I fail to recognize for some odd reason.

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

But strikes a sore chord.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by randyvs

I am one of those people you must be referring to in your post because I think spirituality and religion are inner instinctive reflections of death anxiety and despair pertaining to life's ordeals.

Evolution wants us to reproduce, not despair. My argument is that without religion and spirituality, humans despair more about everyday things. Back before evolution had anticipated this and driven it into our brain, this despair resulted in more deaths and less reproduction. So those who had the instincts to be driven towards spirituality and religion to answer these anxieties were naturally selected and there genes became dominant. This is why most people believe in God. This is why most people aren't atheists. Most people listen to their instincts and drive away the despair. Also keep in mind that there're probably other ways to do this other than just religion or spirituality. Probably all manners of gene expression. Perhaps eliminating emotions themselves is a possible route to go down. Evolution has probably attempted a number of things with limited success. That continues.
edit on 7-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I like your post and will leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Also keep in mind that there're probably other ways to do this other than just religion or spirituality. Probably all manners of gene expression. Perhaps eliminating emotions themselves is a possible route to go down.

You forgot about philosophy which looks in to all aspects of the above mentioned topics, also without emotion we would not have drive to do anything at all.
edit on 7-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: rearranged

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Well of course they are. But are they capable of being loved and/or receiving love ? For a person is never measured by the amount of love they are capable of. But always by how much and by how many they themselves were loved.

Also you can't say that it is not a fact that God is love because you don't know that the assumption is wrong.
Don't be so neg.

That sounds very superficial and I don't know what you're basing this off of. More assumptions I suppose. Hitler was loved, but I would say he wasn't capable of loving. Kim Jung Il was loved as a god etc.

I can claim it is not a fact just more easily as you can claim it is. If someone disagrees with your assumptions, it doesn't automatically mean they're being 'neg.' I'm sure God wouldn't approve of this prejudice.
edit on 7-8-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

That sounds very superficial and I don't know what you're basing this off of. More assumptions I suppose. I can claim it is not a fact just more easily as you can claim it is. If someone disagrees with your assumptions, it doesn't automatically mean they're being 'neg.' I'm sure God wouldn't approve of this prejudice.

The Bible says God is love. I assume and therefore believe this is true. If your so sure of what God would approve I assume you believe in God. If you believe in God then you should want to know what he has to say to you, right ?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God." KJV

I for one, would rather take a chance on believing in this man called Jesus...I mean, really, what could it hurt? If I believe in him and he really doesn't exist, then no harm done. But, if I choose not to believe in him and he turns out to be real, well, then there would be a great deal to lose.

I eagerly anticipate the day when my maker and I meet face to face.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join