It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Not Landed - But Is Good Entertainment For The TV Brain Washed Masses

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So hows the contacting of scientist about this majestic discovery of yours? I mean you would be a rock star if you'd manage expose NASA. Get only laughed at when you contact them?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticGuy

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by chrisb9

Why was this dumped in skunk works while none of the fake moon landing threads got dumped?

Read my last posts and you will understand that my subject matter is new.

Read one of them. If a few replies aren't up to snuff, then they should be deleted. More to the point, your premise of no Mars landing is just as invalid as no Moon landing. So, all of these type of threads belong here.

If I started a thread of "There is no U.S. government" it would end up in skunk works (and rightfully so). So, the 'No Moon Landing' threads should be here too.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The First Color Photo below is from the 1976 Mars Viking Lander

Too bad Nasa did not put the same camera's used in the 1976 Viking Lander into the Latest Curiosity Rover.

Amazing how much Better Quality the Color Photo's from Mars where way back in 1976 as Compared
to the Color Photo's from the Mars Curiosity Rover today in 2012

The Quality of Photo's from Mars today in 2012 are not as good as way back in 1976 Because of...???

A. Industrial Pollution on Mars today in 2012 is much worse now than it was way back in 1976.

B. The Camera's where Much Better way back in 1976 as compared to the digital camera's of 2012.

C. The whole Nasa Mars Probe Landing Gig is just One Great Big Ole Scam...

Ding, Ding, Ding Ding, Ding. - - The Correct Answer is " C "

C. The whole Nasa Mars Probe Landing Gig is just One Great Big Ole Scam...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

The Quality of Photo's from Mars today in 2012 are not as good as way back in 1976 Because of...???

D.Bad weather on Mars.

The least you could do is wait until all the systems are up and functioning properly.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Not all viking photos were that good -

(from here)

And what is actually wrong with the Curiosity one? It has a wide field of focus - from close to distant, wereas the viking one is strictly a close up.

I got perfectly good photos in the 1970's with my Canon AE-1 too - just as good as my digital cameras now - but the camera was heavier, the film had to be loaded and developed. TV images from the 70's aren't that bad either - as long as you do not try to view them on a HD screen!

But again the cameras were a lot bigger and heavier, had many more moving parts, requred a tape recorder on the lander to store the data until they could be uploaded (at 16k to the orbiter, and then only 250 baud to earth!! (from here - 2.6mb pdf) (=more weight, more reliability issues) and ultimately only managed 1000 or so pictures AFAIK.

But no - apparently none of this matters - the only thing that similar picture quality can possibly prove to you is that the landings never actually happened!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

And who is "your government" if not those who script and stage the grand illusion? When I look up in the sky and see it completely hidden by a chemtrail haze, am I to believe that our so called government to which you refer (and no doubt that of the people, by the people and for the people) is doing that to promote the general welfare? If they were would they not admit they are doing it? Would they not now admit they had faked the moon landing? Don't you think it was time for TPTB to cover over the the many images that appear to be faces and intelligently designed architecture on Mars just as they cover the blue sky here with a haze? _javascript:icon('
')

Possibly you cannot see the faces or the architecture on Mars, or the chemtrail haze or the jets that keeps it in place on earth, but these questions are really for those who are not afraid to open their eyes and honestly look, which may include you. They are not for those whose genuine perceptions are dulled by blatant conformity and allegiance to a corrupt system.

New members often do not know how they will be attacked by the debunking element but still believe they are free to express uniquely individual perceptions. The opposite of courage is conformity to a system that explains away the most obvious of evidence and through this conspiracy of conformity, ridicule and silence hides the most obvious contradictions in plain sight. ATS is a microcosm of all elements of society, and surely is studied as such._javascript:icon('
')

I'm not saying that this conformity applies to you, but just that it is a general trend. I'm sure that your comments are based on the best information you can obtain and are well reasoned and insightful; so, please don't take offense.

Unfortunately, scientists must conform to the script of the system or they will be ditch diggers next week, or worse, as the families of many deceased microbiologists could tell you had they not been told to remain silent. Silence, conformity, fear of criticism and mockery -- all of these work together so that the MSM presentation is the only one to carry any real momentum. Just remember that the scientists are the new high priests of our society and their word is taken as gospel, even if it is the product of coercion._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by shorttimewarrior

Interesting ramble, do you have any proof to back up any of it? You could start with proof that chemtrails exist? (hint: they don't) Why is it that people who tell you to "wake up" or "open your eyes" tend to be the most close minded, easily manipulated and gullible people you'll ever meet?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Because we all know that the best time to make everyone think we're on mars is during the olympics which was drawing everyones attention. Honestly, i never heard of this mission until good ol' cracked wrote an article about it. And you know what. I, among a group of other people have one thing to such debunkers such as you. "Nobody Cares!" *Spongbob rainbow*

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorttimewarrior
reply to post by zatara

>>
And who is "your government" if not those who script and stage the grand illusion?
>>

Sorry, you are wrong. While "the government" may indeed stage illusions for certain purposes (nobody denies that governments do this) - when it comes to conspiracy theories, there are FAR MORE scripts, disnfo and illusions coming from the other side, from THAT side where you actually assume "the truth" to come from.

The problem is, you people are unable to see this. You get scammed, disinformed and lied to on a constant basis, but NOT by NASA. I hope that one day you will "wake up" and be able to actually discern the real liars.

>>
Possibly you cannot see the faces or the architecture on Mars..
>>

I "used" to see faces on Mars until it was disproven there are none, there are also no artificial pyramids or other structures - UNLESS this new mission would find any, which i highly doubt tho.
Going through jpeg images like certain ATS forum members and seeing a face in literally every second stone is not something i can take serious. That particular person posted her images over and over and still thinks there are faces on Mars and Moon, obviously she has no idea what pareidolia is, since she is classic example for this. And classic "there are structures on Mars" proponents like Hoagland etc. are already proven wrong and being scammers over and over.

>>
New members often do not know how they will be attacked by the debunking element but still believe they are free to express uniquely individual perceptions.
>>

This is a public forum and the subjects here are controversial. I've seen people here deeming the opposite opinion as "negative" (or "attacking") and only considering an opinion which agrees with them as "positive". If this is the case, i recommend NOT to participate on a public forum where subjects WILL always be controversial and they WILL spawn opposite opinions. Can't live with this? Then unplug your computer, go outside or watch a movie.

>>
The opposite of courage is conformity to a system that explains away the most obvious of evidence and through this conspiracy of conformity, ridicule and silence hides the most obvious contradictions in plain sight.
>>

The evidence presented by you sorts of people is always extremely, extremely weak, if not entirely non existent altogether. Often, there is not even a challenge to argue or debunk since the arguments are so weak or simply, excuse me, moronic. If there would be a situation or scenario where there is really GOOD evidence, there is no reason even for a skeptic not to think over the pros/cons...or give the claim/theory some more thought. But this is hardly EVER the case. We are not "getting paid" to explain away evidence at all costs, in fact it would be entertaining, interesting and cool to have some theories or finding where there is worthy evidence, no matter how far out the claim might be.

>>
I'm not saying that this conformity applies to you, but just that it is a general trend. I'm sure that your comments are based on the best information you can obtain and are well reasoned and insightful; so, please don't take offense.

Unfortunately, scientists must conform to the script of the system or they will be ditch diggers next week.
>>

The same applies for you, even worse. I see you guys forcefully WANTING to conform to your own beliefs, even if the contrary evidence slaps you in the face. You are the ones believing. While this is true to some extent for science as well, you guys are much more extreme. Science is not obligated to stick to one established theory, even if sometimes slow, very slow (since new findings need to be validated etc.) - science is open to accept new things. IF they find life on Mars etc...so be it. Science will accept this. If they find out the universe is shaped like a banana, so be it. No one gets punished for a new theory or finding, ALTHOUGH a theory would always require evidence first. But then it can be tested, verified and become "new" knowledge/science. So..it has NOTHING to do with conformity.

You are the ones conform to a certain belief, for example, the belief there is a grand NASA conspiracy and the Mars landing/Moon landing etc. is a hoax. When you run out of evidence, you just make up another theory on top of another one to explain the faulty original theory. If someone shows you evidence that you might be wrong, you make it easy because you just claim lies and disinfo, making it easy for you to brush away any evidence which is contrary to your beliefs.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

You're happy that NASA put a vehicle on Mars in 1976....but you're saying that they haven't done so in 2012?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
First let me say I read through the majority of this thread but not every single post so please forgive me if what I say has been said.

Second, I hope I do not come off as "attacking" anyone. I believe we are all entitled to our own opinion and everyone else is just as entitled to get angry at our opinions.

Personally I think exploring other planets and space is one of the best things we can do. Several great invention come out of just simply trying to get to where we are going. Everything from smoke detectors to invisible braces for our teeth came from the space program. So just trying to get out in space has helped us here on our little rock. As for those saying our own planet is in a lot of trouble and we need to be focused on it instead of sending remote control cars to mars, I believe this could be our best bet to save our planet. Mars and Earth could be on the same paths, just with Mars millions if not billions of years ahead of us. Learning what changes Mars went through could shed some light on what our planet may go through. Everything our planet is came from space so if we want to better understand our planet we should look at it's origins. My last thought on the "why" we should go to Mars is simply, to go. It's there so why not got. It is part of what makes us human. I wonder if at the local ATS pub in Spain in the late 1400s if people were talking about why this Columbus guy wanted to sail in the opposite direction to get to Asia.

Person A: "Why did our government agree to spend all this money to see if the world is round. We know its flat"

Person B:"But there is some evidence that there is a curve to the horizon. And it sure would be nice to get to India and back without losing half the supplies and people we sent to the harsh trip"

A: "We should be investing in a better method to protect the travelers on our current path. Not spending money to send people into a sea of nothing to either be eaten by the kraken or fall of the edge of the map"

etc....

You never know what you will find until you go. We may go looking for India but instead find a whole new world of possibilities. If we just set back and let our spirit of exploration die then we are basically saying we are done, this is as far as we want to advance.

As for the hoax theory. I can no more prove or disprove that there is a robot on Mars any more than I can prove that everything, including all our memories, were not created just 5 seconds ago. But I do believe Curiosity is on Mars. I believe we landed on the moon. Do I believe everything NASA says? Of course not. If Curiosity was cruising around Mars recording video and Megatron ran up and kicked it, we would not be told. If there was some creature waving at the camera, I believe it would disappear before we saw the photos. Like others have if this one is a hoax there are a lot of people from a lot of countries in on it. While it wouldn't be impossible I believe the hoax theory is just very improbable and impracticable.

Using the same analogy as before, I bet there were people setting at the ATS pub talking about how they did not believe the government telling them that Columbus found some new land:

A: "Did you hear Columbus found this new land?"

B: "Don't be a brain washed sheep. That is just what the government wants you to believe."

A:"But what about the gold coins he brought back with the funny writings"

B: "That is just something the government threw together to justify spending all our money on their warships and fancy spices."

etc....

Just like that scenario we will not know for ourselves until we can go ourselves. Years from now we may be sending people on shuttles to start new colonies on Mars and those rovers will be found and put in the first museum on Mars.

Like I said this is all just my opinion. I know I tend to ramble some but I thing the general Idea I am trying to make is there. I believe we went because it was there and that is what we do.

As always I apologize for butchering the English language

-Q

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
On the way home from work on the train, I overheard some high school kids talking about Curiosity. They were really excited about it and were also talking about what it could mean for our future.

I got home thinking that maybe there is some hope still left for our kids.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Questionablesanity

I would agree Questionablesanity but their activities are other than claimed. It would be great to have a genuine(honest) space program, but we don't.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I like your aggressive view flexy123 that it is all baloney, but the space program has to have some legit stuff going on for it to be credible don't you think? I tend to view the unmanned projects as more likely genuine and the manned projects as the Disney ones.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by patrick1000

I would agree Questionablesanity but their activities are other than claimed. It would be great to have a genuine(honest) space program, but we don't.

Let me guess: you think that the entire Apollo program was an elaborate hoax to test celestial navigation equipment for submarine launched ballistic missiles. Another monumental fail.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by patrick1000

Well, decisively, I wondered when you would show up here. You've been busy making up aliases, I have counted about 50+ at present. Of course, that is just the number I have run across. I would think you would be tired of being band on ATS by now.

It is well documented that NASA is legitimate and very open with their discoveries. The Moon landings especially. There are the DAC films, photos, eye witnesses, volumes of hard copy material, plans, blue prints, microfiche archives of recorded data, sub contractors who built functional, working machines and equipment, scientists in all fields from nutrition to physics, and yes your favorite, the disposable fecal bags. ALL the evidence points to a manned space program which not only went to the Moon, but also landed and returned!

As of yet, you and your "group of chess playing doctors" have not come up with one proof of deceit or fraud. Face it, we went, we saw, and we came back. And it will happen again.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join