It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Not Landed - But Is Good Entertainment For The TV Brain Washed Masses

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

But...
Wouldn't that make him my aunt? In which case he wouldn't be my uncle.
The possibilities of the what ifs are difficult.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaspardUlliel

... and the picture that one user posted of a shuttle over a desert in Arizona, it does seem plausible that they are not on Mars.

I know that shuttle image was attributed to Arizona earlier, but was actually taken over the Sahara Desert -- it's called the "Eye of the Sahara"

... but I truly hope that comparing this image with Mars is not the basis for your indecision of belief here~

As a rare person in this post who isn't sure what to believe
, I'd be curious to know what points you feel are strongest from each side of the argument.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are right I assumed pre-op

What if your aunt was part of the team who fabricated the whole thing?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
just one recent picture of curiosity on mars with proof of life

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

why waste trillions of dollars to fake this?? what would be the purpose?

Not that I believe this guy... after all, he has no evidence. Just an opinion, a technical description of how the ARM camera works, and some video. Perhaps some delusions of grandiose as well, but that's not for me to say.

On the other hand, he may be right, we just don't know. And one thing he said was definitely right: nobody can prove it without going there. But that is the case with many things, so, where does that leave us?

But anyway... My purpose for posting was to, although I'm sure, or at least I hope, that someone has already mentioned it in the thread, but, in case they didn't, I wanted to point out that your reasoning has left out the obvious possibility that they didn't spend "trillions" of dollars, but kept it all and gave us a cheap (by comparison) imitation in return to keep us feeding them money.

It might not be very likely, though, with all of the people involved in it... But how hard would it be to fool most of them, too?

I just don't know, but for the moment I tend to lean slightly toward believing in this particular mission, with an additional belief that there could very well be top secret aspects to the mission, should it be that the mission is "real", which I tend to believe it probably is. In fact, yes, I like the idea better of it being real, but with top secret stuff going on, too...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

In fact, yes, I like the idea better of it being real, but with top secret stuff going on, too...

In other words, "I reject your reality and substitute my own because it's cooler!"
Cool.

edit on 8/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

I guess we'll just have to wait for Jarrah White to study this current mission and give us his appraisal. Here's his attempt at exposing the last Mars mission as a fake.

Personally, I wouldn't trust NASA or the US government. Dosen't mean though that this is automatically a hoax. They are probably trying to find some kind of special rare mineral that can be used in free energy devices. (Avatar)

Peace Out

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
just one recent picture of curiosity on mars with proof of life

That there says it all. Proof that we have been there before.

They were waiting this time.

Surprised noone is holding a can of coke or a bud.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Why does it say F you Spirit? How could anyone not like Spirit?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

I tend to agree with the OP that if they wanted to NASA could easily generate landscapes "from mars" using computer programs designed to utilize fractal geometry to generate complete images that look so real as to be indistinguishable from what a "real" image from mars would look. I'm not saying i believe it's happening right now for sure, but ever since i saw an image made using fractals i view all NASA images with caution, because there is no way to tell if what you're looking at is the real deal. Just my opinion though

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

for future

reference

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Can anybody who is participating within this thread tell me why NASA have an 'art department' and employ artists??????

Anyone who is familiar with airbrushing techniques will know what can be achieved with one of those. Last time I looked photography was a part of any high school art program. I cannot believe that NASA have sent anything anywhere - too many secrets with too many government departments. Too many people coming clean as they face their mortality and want to clean their conscience before they die.

Too many psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists in positions of authority - they are pathological liars, have no empathy and do not care what they tell the public nor the repercussions when the truth does come out.

If flying to another planet is so important - what about all the problems we still need to address on our beautiful but stressed out planet. The cabal/illuminati/whatever just want us to think they are advancing our space exploration - why - so they can destroy another planet. It beggars belief that people cannot even explore the evidence placed before them - even if they choose not to believe.

Much Peace...to all our Intergalactic relatives - take cover because NASA is now looking to destroy a planet near yoooooouuuuuuu!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
is there any way to flag sth down which i didnt flag?

this thread is a shame and the flags also.

just a claim without backing...

uuu jeah you are so clever for seeing conspiracies everywhere..pffff

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
So basically you're saying that they didn't land on mars because no one can go there and see for themselves if they landed on mars?
That has to be the weakest argument I have ever seen.
I watched the whole 3 hours of all those nasa scientists in that control room having an emotional roller coaster ride of their lives, but hey I cant walk over to mars and check that it landed therefore it never happened.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
is there any way to flag sth down which i didnt flag?

this thread is a shame and the flags also.

just a claim without backing...

uuu jeah you are so clever for seeing conspiracies everywhere..pffff

I think thats a gaping flaw with this site, you can't flag down or star down.
I've seen the most idiotic threads and comments get countless stars and flags while well thought out posts hardly get any.
The Olympics Aren't Real! They Are All Holograms Derp!- one million flags.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Can anybody who is participating within this thread tell me why NASA have an 'art department' and employ artists??????

What have you got against artists? Be grateful that NASA is giving work to hard working artists, even if it's only to lay out brochures.

Anyone who is familiar with airbrushing techniques will know what can be achieved with one of those. Last time I looked photography was a part of any high school art program. I cannot believe that NASA have sent anything anywhere - too many secrets with too many government departments. Too many people coming clean as they face their mortality and want to clean their conscience before they die.

Just because something can be airbrushed doesn't mean that it must be airbrushed. Can you provide one single example of someone from NASA coming clean?

Too many psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists in positions of authority - they are pathological liars, have no empathy and do not care what they tell the public nor the repercussions when the truth does come out.

How many NASA employees do you actually know? Does their behavior strike you as pathological?

If flying to another planet is so important - what about all the problems we still need to address on our beautiful but stressed out planet. The cabal/illuminati/whatever just want us to think they are advancing our space exploration - why - so they can destroy another planet. It beggars belief that people cannot even explore the evidence placed before them - even if they choose not to believe.

I think you need to do some actual research before jumping to conclusions:

science.howstuffworks.com...

Much Peace...to all our Intergalactic relatives - take cover because NASA is now looking to destroy a planet near yoooooouuuuuuu!!!!

Just how much damage do you think a robot the size of a Volkswagen can do to a planet?

PS: Love your avatar!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

OP, i completely agree with you that it is totally possible that the mars landing and any other space missons were faked and are only entertainment for society to distract them from how much everything has gone to pure ****.

peace.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I was not aware that there is space race and that we had to land a craft on mars as soon as possible. (just like in 69)

What even more confuses me is that they faked crashing another craft....

They are really good at deceiving people, aren't they.... (they being NASA)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

edit on 8-8-2012 by llBll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

So, what about the other rover running around up there? That happened ages ago, surely that one was faked as well!

TWO GRAND FAUX LANDINGS?!

DAAAAAAARNS YOU NASA DAAAAAAAAAAAARNS YOOOOOOOU! +shakes fist+
edit on 8-8-2012 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join