It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Curiosity Has Not Landed - But Is Good Entertainment For The TV Brain Washed Masses

page: 10
36
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There are no facts... either way. Everything about this project could be faked. The real launch was another military space platform. The telemetry can be spewed from a satellite. All the earthbound props like the rover and testing cost way less than an actual mission. The pics could be holdouts from other missions. Never A Straight Answer could have decided to take the money and divide it amongst themselves for once. Thats why they all jumping up and down. 10 million each would make me go hooray too.

And all that crap I just said is as provable as the "entertainment" put forth by the OP.




posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I'd like to see the OP debunked properly. Too bad that there isn't any evidence there to debunk.


All you need to debunk him is some evidence as good as his......

He is wrong.

there you go - now you can quote evidence just as good as his!


That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
-Christopher Hitchens



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DjangoPhat
 


Ever thought that the camera is behind a screen? It looks like a foam ball that hits the screen. Are you RobinMFisher that posts on that YT Channel? The foam ball was always in the other persons hand before she passed it. And this over-analysis leads you to what conclusion? I know, I know all the footage is faked. There is no ISS and all the footage is filmed on earth!



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
The telemetry can be spewed from a satellite.


No, it cannot. Unless you have a satellite in Mars orbit... Oh wait, they do! The one that is controlling the mission. Doh!

You see, the thing about radio is you can ascertain distance and direction from it if you have multiple receiving points. It's called triangulation and, to be honest, is basic level maths. Add on to this the earth's orbit around the Sun, then Mars orbit, which would lead to noticeable changes in the signal and no, it cannot be faked.

Only morons with a less than basic level understanding of science think it can be faked.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
First thing that comes to mind on these kinds of hoo rah's is how broke the US is and upcoming budget cuts.


Early Monday morning will be a critical time for NASA. After facing budget cuts, NASA’s future arguably hinges on successfully landing a $2.5 billion rover named, “Curiosity” safely on the surface of Mars.


Read more: www.digitaltrends.com...



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
... The telemetry can be spewed from a satellite. ... The pics could be holdouts from other missions.


Telemetry could be faked for only a very brief time and would never stand up to the scrutiny it will indeed receive. Physics just can't be denied. As for the pics ... what, holdouts from the other faked missions?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I like to go along with the tv brainwashed masses for personal entertainment purposes sometimes. Must be from all the bullying and exclusionary stuff from childhood and adolescence...
Now i am almost 100% awake and feel like a new creation.


Do you do this as well? I use to have a lot of anger and self pitty for myself not fitting in but now it feels good.

No one has anything i want anymore. I'm actually grateful i do not fit anywhere now. Don't care how happy they seem, how rich or successful they are, how many good close friends they have, how good a heart they have, how much sex they get or if they can perform at grade A status at large Universities and jobs.

The more ridicule and rejection from the tribal group think the more free i become. Very strange but i actually like it.
I don't hate or envy anyone for it like i once did. I think to myself... I'm not envious and jealous for not fitting in with ants...same thing basically.
I enjoy observing the ants play with their electronics and primitive technologies.
Thank you for your post.




posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There was Life on Mars, just been reading how, "Curiousity Killed The Cat"..............



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I'd like to see the OP debunked properly. Too bad that there isn't any evidence there to debunk.


All you need to debunk him is some evidence as good as his......

He is wrong.

there you go - now you can quote evidence just as good as his!


That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
-Christopher Hitchens

Exactly right, we have zero evidence of a landing, the PUBLIC has NONE...so we can dismiss it entirely.

Why anyone would get excited over a Lander, anyways...you will see nothing in return for the Billions spent...

And it surely is funny that my Galaxy SIII has far more processing power than the computer in a 2.5 billion PLUS robot according to Nasa themselves ?? Or maybe that is a lie as well.

I just find it hilarious that the people even care about this as being something great or even cool for humanity...nothing could be farther from reality.




posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by intrptr
The telemetry can be spewed from a satellite.


No, it cannot. Unless you have a satellite in Mars orbit... Oh wait, they do! The one that is controlling the mission. Doh!

You see, the thing about radio is you can ascertain distance and direction from it if you have multiple receiving points. It's called triangulation and, to be honest, is basic level maths. Add on to this the earth's orbit around the Sun, then Mars orbit, which would lead to noticeable changes in the signal and no, it cannot be faked.

Only morons with a less than basic level understanding of science think it can be faked.


LOL you need some time in a float tank too see just how ridiculous all of this really is.

"It cannot be faked" You sir are clearly on the edge of stupidity...ANYTHING can be faked !



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Samuelis
 


Most planes fly way higher than that. Cruise altitude is somewhere around 36,000 ft. I've been up high enough to see the curve of the earth.
But of course you're kidding right ? You have to be. All the other heavenly bodies are round but we are flat ? Do you see any other flat lands floating out in space anywhere?


Not really kidding, i'm not sure it would be very funny if i were.
What if all plane windows were made with a fishbowl effect?
What if this is one big truman show?
What if everything we have been shown & taught about space was fabricated?
What if there is some weird optical illusion that gives us the impression of a round planet?
What if we are in an alien insect jar?
What if we are dead, and this is hell?

What if the mars landing was hoaxed?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9
 


I understand that it is disappointing that Mars and the Moon have nothing but dirt on them and are nothing special to look at , but don't you think this is taking it a bit too far ?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by Samuelis

Haha, well that explain's your face then.


That's Bobby Fischer, sir!

I could have sworn that was Richard Speck in your avatar.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore


"It cannot be faked" You sir are clearly on the edge of stupidity...ANYTHING can be faked !


Perhaps nearly anything can be faked briefly, but few illusions can be maintained indefinitely. This mission simply could not be faked for long, if at all. There are basic physical principals that CANNOT be violated; with the quantity and quality of scrutiny, a fake would be spotted quickly, easily and conclusively.

I'm sure you're not stupid, you're just uneducated about physical reality -- and from the tone of your posts, still a Grinch
... so ... gimmee back my last can of Who Hash!!!



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
After reading the OP and the so-called "supporting" posts, links, photos, etc., I find myself very afraid for the future of our planet. Personally, I plan to be on one of the first outgoing ships to colonize Mars, or Titan, or wherever we finally wind up.

What has the Space Program provided for all of the (extremely sparse and less every year) funding they receive? How about CAT scans, MRIs, fMRIs, PET scans, every type of cardiac monitoring device you can think of, every major advancement in medical diagnostic equipment was created initially to monitor astronauts in space. Microwave ovens were another "must-have" item developed for off-Earth use.

I realize that nothing I say will do any good in opening the eyes of someone determined to superglue them shut, but I have to say something, if only to appease my conscience.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Samuelis
 


Most planes fly way higher than that. Cruise altitude is somewhere around 36,000 ft. I've been up high enough to see the curve of the earth.
But of course you're kidding right ? You have to be. All the other heavenly bodies are round but we are flat ? Do you see any other flat lands floating out in space anywhere?


Not really kidding, i'm not sure it would be very funny if i were.
What if all plane windows were made with a fishbowl effect?
What if this is one big truman show?
What if everything we have been shown & taught about space was fabricated?
What if there is some weird optical illusion that gives us the impression of a round planet?
What if we are in an alien insect jar?
What if we are dead, and this is hell?

What if the mars landing was hoaxed?


What if all plane windows were made with a fishbowl effect? They are not
What if this is one big truman show? it is not
What if everything we have been shown & taught about space was fabricated? only a fool would believe that
What if there is some weird optical illusion that gives us the impression of a round planet? ingnorance would say that
What if we are in an alien insect jar? we are not
What if we are dead, and this is hell? we are not

What if the mars landing was hoaxed? it wasn't

So there are the answers to your silly what if questions.

I am saying they are silly because that is what I think

What if this thread was never started?

oh the possibilities....



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by magma
 


oh the possibilities....

I know! I know!
What if my uncle was really a woman?



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
After reading this thread I am not sure what to believe.

Curiosity could have landed on Mars or not. With threads like this and the picture that one user posted of a shuttle over a desert in Arizona, it does seem plausible that they are not on Mars.

This is so very confusing, it reminds me of the book 1984 when Obrian asks Winston what 2+2 equaled and he said 4, but Obrian kept telling him it was 5.

You really cannot tell if 2+2=4 or 5 in this day in age with so much lying and deception going around without much effort. Sooner or later you truly won't be able to tell fact from fiction, and it's already hard to tell now judging from comments on this thread.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by magma
 


oh the possibilities....

I know! I know!
What if my uncle was really a woman?


I could not answer that with confidence.

But if he was a she I am sure you would love your uncle no matter what




top topics



 
36
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join