It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was One of America's Top Psychics -- And Like All of Them, a Complete Fraud

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone has seen the TV show, "Dead Files" (or TBH, how many have not).

Most paranormal TV shows, I can write off pretty easy, not this one. in it, a "Psychic" by the name of Amy Allan does "walks" of a suspected haunted house or building, usually called in because the owners are seeking answers as to what is going on. She has a "partner, who is a retired NY Police Investigator. She is usually spot on with his background investigation of what occurred on the property, just based off her walk, and talking to the dead that are on site.

Now granted, there are a few other things that could be going on:

1) the entire show is a hoax... Unlikely, but possible I'd say.

2) She gets notice of the location ahead of shooting, and researches it on her own to seem like she is actually gathering information on her "walks" .

3) Her partner is in on it, and tells her what he finds in his investigation.

Bottom line, as I see it, regardless of all possible scenarios, is this possibly a genuine show? I know there has been some people calling it a fake. But my question remains, because I am not fully aware one way or the other. If it is a true, genuine show, you almost have to believe in some type of psychic ability.

I will duck for cover now, because most of this I am sure has been discussed on ATS before, and I am simply ignorant of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well,

I am not really trying to convince people of anything, just advocate what I know,.....but I know psychic encounters between people is normal...and I have them all the time....

I am not a psychic you can call to like draw on in an investigation, though I can imagine how they work..

and I swear on my mothers grave and my child's soul, that I can read people´s minds...

I don't have to look at them, or know them, or not know them....if You are near me....I Can pick up on what you are thinking or feeling....more Feeling...as Thought is emotion filtered into context that our minds provide.

I don't expect people to understand....and No I am not special......we All have this ability...some Just exercise it more than others...and Others refuse to flex it like couch potatoes...I Am not judging..

But to say off the bat that the limited and entirely incomplete knowledge we posses, just coming out of the dark ages can tell us if this exists or not is just short sighted and a little ignorant.

I assure you we are here and growing..The days of persecution are gone and we have grown as a community.

I don't have conversations with psychics in my head like around the globe....but I have had intricate interactions with close friends after getting use to them, and not even observing them, or looking for queues....they Felt it too, not even believers, but people who think it is completely retarded have come out and say that they hear me....or Respond in complicated voice assertions of things I have projected to them.

I have met complete strangers and seconds into just being around them, know they are and they acknowledge it as well....we Then find each other in the room and don't even talk about it, but Smile to each other and communicate our feelings. Some Have even went out on a limb and just asked me if I was looking for them. Like "I Could feel you were looking for me" and Other such instances that have left me with no doubt in my mind. I dont look like any particular "type"

Again I don't want to force this on anyone due to religious beliefs they may have but It is for you as well and does not cause a conflict in my life. I Can not even begin to describe the advantages I have enjoyed in life thanks to it.

So Much so that a part of me feels a little guilty at times and I have to curb my enthusiasm. I try to shut it off to function normally since I can have a strong influence on people....I Have made hard core bush supporters after 9/11 rethink their stance on everything dear to them after just a few moments of forced persuasion. nothing else. I Have since vowed not to do that again....It Was an emotional response from an immature phase in my life. I Am sorry to this day for being a jerk about it.

I only let the cat out of the bag now when I am at home and alone. It Is not like you can work that muscle without a strong ethical guideline. I am NOT a saint. FAR FROM IT. I do really want to be a better person and I think that has helped me preserve the necessary parts of my mind and soul to use this God given gift to help my self out of bad situations. Also to do good in this world in my little way.

There is a whole world EACH of us has at hand that we eventually realize we must attend to. It always compliments our lives so it is functional and unnoticeable

Most psychics that know they are at measurable levels don't reveal it, sometimes not even to close family...it Is like instinct to hide the fact. It Makes us able to forget it for long stretches and just be the way society needs. Other times we are just not sure if we are going nuts

Example- I Don't like getting fired, so calling my ex boss out on his very personal problems in his life by a series of "shots in the dark" that turn out to be too true and Scary for him since he thinks he slipped and told some one is a bad way to use this. I Had no idea that his wife cheated on him and that he had a bad drug problem...ect. he Made sure to never let it show.

I Got emotional and ripped him apart. All over a dumb job I didn't even like. I said things I am sure he never told anyone, I was a jerk and paid the price later,.....I am sure that to this day he is freaked out about it... It felt good at the time, but later I saw him and it was just wrong. I can't believe what he was ashamed of, or that I hit it dead on...he Admitted it to me later and asked who told me. I Looked like an insensitive liar when I said "no one" over and over. what Was I going to say "hey I am psychic"

I digress. We Exist and We are here to help you see that we are you as well. All people Are all gifted this way. THIS Is the future, was The past. At Some point we got really screwed up and were stripped of all that we were.

We are only just beginning to redeem ourselves.

I hope I didn't offend anyone and that someone finds this helpful

EDIT:
Just to add, I just saw the post before mine...yeah Talking to dead people is something I don't entirely know about...I Wouldn't trust people that do that for a living. They usually just play off emotions. Though to be fair, I just don't know anything about it. A real psychic MUST have ethics or they dont get off the ground. We shut down.

best way to tell is to just ask them to show you, and they will tot off what you are thinking....or not..

edit on 6-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yep. The material world is all there is, quantum physics/interconnectedness gives us no insight into why the psychic phenomenon even exists, and just because one person says they are a fraud means everyone claiming to be a psychic is a fraud. Right.....

I have known several personally, and at least the ones I know I can guarantee you are not frauds.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

I love that show personally.
It is my favorite "ghost hunt" show these days.

What I do know about the tv shows that are produced that involve ghost hunting, mediums, and the super natural is that they seriously embellish and dramatize things. That doesn't mean it isn't truthful, but does mean that every tv show out there needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
I personally have been to Hollywood and seen how one of these shows was done, and as long as the medium has a say in production, it has a chance to remain more fact than fiction, but it depends on who is producing.
Bottom line on the shows is ratings and money, so you can't really trust them to much, but they sure are interesting.
The lady on the dead files, to me anyways, seems legit.
But that is just my opinion, do not know that first hand.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I think this makes psychics out to be some sort of modern day witch hunt,

Who would step forward with this type of propaganda and say they had a gift? Also, I believe everyone is psychic at one time or another, and have events happen that they can't explain.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Psychics do seem to exist, but not in the way many people think. For instance, those attempting to read others are usually fake. A true psychic is just someone who picks up on energy and changes in that energy field. They cannot do it on cue, and do not necessarily know when it is going to occur. They can not talk to a dead person whenever they want for instance, although it may happen naturally on occasion for some psychic or sensitive people. Sensitive is a better word anyway imo.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Psychics do seem to exist, but not in the way many people think. For instance, those attempting to read others are usually fake. A true psychic is just someone who picks up on energy and changes in that energy field. They cannot do it on cue, and do not necessarily know when it is going to occur. They can not talk to a dead person whenever they want for instance, although it may happen naturally on occasion for some psychic or sensitive people. Sensitive is a better word anyway imo.

Ding, Ding, Ding! Give the man a medal. This is a great description. However, the more a person has worked with their gift and the more they have done their inner work, the more controllable it is, just like practice with anything else.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't discount psychs just because of countless fraudulent ones.

I am generally very skeptical of all things supernatural, but to totally discredit the notion of psychs just because most are frauds would be unreasonable.

I'm not convinced one way or another of the possibility of psych powers. I do know that just because some trickster admits to being a scam artist doesn't mean all are.

This man only speaks for himself and others like him. To accept what he says as concrete evidence would be to accept ignorance.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If there were psychics they would be winning the lottery. They charge for their services don't they? So don't tell me greed isn't a factor.. Heh...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

There are no psychics that, when put to the test, ever pass. For more information on this subject, try this. It's VERY intriguing.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
If there were psychics they would be winning the lottery. They charge for their services don't they? So don't tell me greed isn't a factor.. Heh...

Well I don't know about that. I have random moments of ability that have really nothing to do with myself. Random bits and pieces come to me about events, and other people.

I have been lucky at the lottery a few times, but that is due to the fact that I have played the same numbers over and over, without ever changing them. The odds have to be in my favor sometime by the way I play.

I have never had a "psychic moment,' telling me I must play a certain set of numbers. I don't think the universe works that way.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A expose of fraudulent psychics was done by Houdini. Being a magician he knew fraud when he saw it. He also repeatedly sought their help to try and contact his dead mother. So he met a lot of them.

And debunked them. Some of the stories are hilarious. Some speculate this even got him killed and all that conspiracy stuff.

Personally I have experienced things I can't explain (away) and also believe that those that assist Police departments in solving cold murder cases are genuine. You can't fool detectives working homocide. They are paid skeptics.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
A expose of fraudulent psychics was done by Houdini. Being a magician he knew fraud when he saw it. He also repeatedly sought their help to try and contact his dead mother. So he met a lot of them.

And debunked them. Some of the stories are hilarious. Some speculate this even got him killed and all that conspiracy stuff.

Personally I have experienced things I can't explain (away) and also believe that those that assist Police departments in solving cold murder cases are genuine. You can't fool detectives working homocide. They are paid skeptics.

Houdini was a fraud himself, so what does that tell ya?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Again, generalizing is very dangerous. The one's I know don't charge and use their gift as a service. They make their money through other means.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie

Well I don't know about that. I have random moments of ability that have really nothing to do with myself. Random bits and pieces come to me about events, and other people.

I have been lucky at the lottery a few times, but that is due to the fact that I have played the same numbers over and over, without ever changing them. The odds have to be in my favor sometime by the way I play.

I have never had a "psychic moment,' telling me I must play a certain set of numbers. I don't think the universe works that way.

Those Psychic "Moments" are called coincedences. If you cannot control it, then you cannot just immediatley assume that you guessed something correctly because you have an ethreal connection to the universe. That's a big jump. Coincedence is much more likely.

Being an avid poker player. I see these "miracles" all the time, where things just "feel" right and then the result is what I expected. But even if my gut feeling is right 50% it's still no better then an educated guess..

If a psychic cannot accuratly tell the lottery numbers, they cannot accuratly predict the future of a person with no information about them. The Universe doesn't work THAT way. There is no difference between the two examples I used. Not in a psychic sense anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

And Like All of Them, a Complete Fraud

Yeah only the ones you see on tv with the 1800 number or the people asking for money. Just because some guy admits he was a fake and apparently has lied for years on years, why in the hell should we believe him now? Some guy who makes money lying wants to make more money by lying some more...people come on. Not saying hes lying about being a fake he's lying about everyone being fake, he has no clue to even speak on it.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie

Those Psychic "Moments" are called coincedences. If you cannot control it, then you cannot just immediatley assume that you guessed something correctly because you have an ethreal connection to the universe. That's a big jump. Coincedence is much more likely.

Being an avid poker player. I see these "miracles" all the time, where things just "feel" right and then the result is what I expected. But even if my gut feeling is right 50% it's still no better then an educated guess..

If a psychic cannot accuratly tell the lottery numbers, they cannot accuratly predict the future of a person with no information about them. The Universe doesn't work THAT way. There is no difference between the two examples I used. Not in a psychic sense anyway.

I don't see how poker has anything to do with psychic ability. After a while when a person is trained in poker, they can count cards, and tell when a hand dealt is what is what just by the expression on other peoples faces. The odds can play out when a person gets good at this.

So, if you like I will agree with you that psychic moments could be coincidences. When they happen a lot there is more to it. I am also a sensative and can tell a person sitting on the bus next to me what they had for breakfast. The moments are fleeting, and I am not just guessing.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

So, if you like I will agree with you that psychic moments could be coincidences. When they happen a lot there is more to it. I am also a sensative and can tell a person sitting on the bus next to me what they had for breakfast. The moments are fleeting, and I am not just guessing.

I have had moments like this myself where I get a lot of information about a strangers life just by being in their proximity. The times I have followed up and asked the person about what I got they were surprised and a little weirded out. Being psychic isn't about telling a persons future or knowing the lottery numbers (even though this is often how it is presented.). Being psychic is about being able to pick up information from a person's energy field.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
One of my room-mates years ago was a top psychic on keen.com. He had me take calls for him one day while he was out getting his car repaired for a 40% cut. He was making 4.50-10.00 US per minute (some phone lines made more). If any of the callers asked about the voice change I claimed to have a cold. Basically I just gave vague advice about their life based on what little they told me. I had one caller that was rude and claimed my advice was off and I explained it away saying I was still getting readings from the last caller and credited her for two minutes while using what info she provided during her rant to complete her reading.

I do believe that people have intuition about events and people but, it is random and not something that can be called up for every session or completely understood. My brother and I woke at the same time once and knew that a friend had died. He had been sick in the hospital but, appeared to be much better the day before. Some reason we knew he died over the night.

edit on 6/8/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Not all psychic people are frauds...there really are some very real psychic's in the world...what I find interesting is that most of them (the real ones) are not famous and don't make a living from it.

This is true. There are cases from around the world and through history I'm sure that would suggest some kind of '6th' sense so to speak, which manifests in different forms (premonition, synchronicity, mind reading, emotion influence, thought projection, etc.)

Of course, all theoretical, but I'm not a chump when it comes to observation. No sir.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join