It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was One of America's Top Psychics -- And Like All of Them, a Complete Fraud

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I Was One of America's Top Psychics -- And Like All of Them, a Complete Fraud

www.alternet.org

I'm quite confident that I would know by now if I had a spirit guide or my Aunt Ethel's watchful ghost alongside me. I have looked and searched, then looked again. I've traveled all over the planet and humbled myself in front of everything from Celtic priestesses to UFO abductees and their recruiters. This process has been repeated over and over, only to circle back endlessly into the cul-de-sac of my own personal nightmare alley. There's nothing there in the dark, though I have frequently found myself wanting to believe there are supernatural elements to converse with and take refuge in.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
AFAIK every investigation of psychics has always turned up either outright fraud or, at best, clever cold reading, but it is refreshing that one of them is willing to own up to it.

although one wonders why his conscience took 25 years to work well enough to tell the truth!

To be a good psychic you have to prefer the company of strangers. It's much easier to convince absolute strangers than it is those who know you. Then, you only have to be able to fake the truth, or your particular version of the truth, with a mystical spin.

the extracts are from Mark Edward's new book, "Psychic Blues: Confessions of a Conflicted Medium."

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

S+F, that was an interesting read.

although one wonders why his conscience took 25 years to work well enough to tell the truth!

25 years really isn't that long, especially when your making easy money. At least he has a conscience, even if it's a bit tardy... (although some might say his book is another way to exploit his 'gift')
edit on 6-8-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I dont know. I believe they have demonic influences, however , there are several cold cases aided by psychics that have been solved.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Of course cases can be googled and there is even a TV show on it , psychic investigators if i am not mistaken that actually get to use police resources (investigators) to pursue their leads.
edit on 6-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Not all psychic people are frauds...there really are some very real psychic's in the world...what I find interesting is that most of them (the real ones) are not famous and don't make a living from it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So because he was a fraud at his job he labels ALL psychics as being fraudulent...

He is obviously on an ego trip and looking for as much attention as he can get.

That said, my psychic is absolutely genuine and only charges 300 dollars for advanced cleansing sessions.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Not all psychic people are frauds...there really are some very real psychic's in the world...

no - I'm quite sure you are completely wrong about both of those statements, but feel free to offer some verifiable evidence to support them - my belief is based upong the available verifiable evidence - if you've got some that shows me I'm wrong then I'll change my mind.

what I find interesting is that most of them (the real ones) are not famous and don't make a living from it.

One has to wonder why not.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What they are doing is trying to clamp down on disclosure, ufology, and all psi, seek within, experiences, despite, releases from scientists working with major university that telepathy is real and he worked with Ingo Swann, and all the thousands of studies done that more than prove it. At 34%, or 7-8% above the average for the left hemisphered college student subject, ie the science student subject they had most at hand for their studies. But when they shifted those studies to the right hemisphere group, ie. artists, creative people, those who have had psi moments, knowing for example who was on the phone, then their tests went up to over 60%, basically it was a stat about 40% above the expected neutral.

That this man is saying, like them all I was a fraud, NO SIR, WHAT YOU MEAN IS, "I AM WORKING FOR THE ELITE TO MAKE YOU SLAVES AND SHUT DOWN YOUR AWAKENING." BRAVO, SIR. GOOD JOB. YOU'VE MADE A TRAIN WRECK OF YOUR LIFE. MAKE A U-TURN AND WORK FOR THE PEOPLE.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Then why cant we just have a real psychic lead us to a real ufo. Problem solved!
edit on 8/6/2012 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I tend to think if you were Psychic you'd probably be driven to insanity. I for one would not like seeing the future or hearing other people's crazy thoughts.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
now thats entertainment
psychics, a good scam for the dodos
some even make tv (mitch coombs)...but it makes them the dollars

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Not all psychic people are frauds...there really are some very real psychic's in the world...what I find interesting is that most of them (the real ones) are not famous and don't make a living from it.

There are absolutely no real pyschic's in the world. Every one is a fake. And you cannot prove me wrong.

There's a guy, a professor in England I think it is. For some major university, that has offered the first psychic to go through his program to prove their pyscic $500,000. And not one has passed in like 25 years. In fact, many MANY MANY psychics won't even do it because inside THEY know their quacks.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sean David Morton, the biggest fraud ever, and you here on ATS and Discovery Channel love to give him more air time, just like I am doing now! Look him up for the fraud that he is!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

I posted a thread on him years ago being investigated by the SEC for fraud.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

no - I'm quite sure you are completely wrong about both of those statements, but feel free to offer some verifiable evidence to support them - my belief is based upong the available verifiable evidence - if you've got some that shows me I'm wrong then I'll change my mind.

You seem to think that proving or disproving psychic ability is within the scope of science. It isn't.

Foreword

by Freeman Dyson,
Institute for Advanced Study,
Princeton, New Jersey

This book begins with an extraordinary story about a harp - one that is typical of thousands of others in which somebody knows something without having any normal way of knowing. This kind of extraordinary knowing is typically called extrasensory perception, or ESP. Since I am a scientist, the story puts me in a difficult position. As a scientist I don't believe the story, but as a human being I want to believe it. As a scientist, I don't believe anything that is not based on solid evidence. As a scientist, I have to consider it possible that Elizabeth Meyer and Harold McCoy might have concocted the story or deluded themselves into believing it. Scientists call such stories "anecdotal," meaning that they are scientifically worthless.

edit on Tue Aug 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I don't believe all psychics are fake. The true ones are as open about it and sure as heck won't be opening up a shop on the corner and charging per session.

My friend and her family sees a psychic once a month. This woman is amazing with the things she "sees." She has been quite accurate for the many years my friend and her family have been going to her. She doesn't advertise and she doesn't charge. She imo is a true psychic. I would like to meet her someday and possibly will.

Good thing this guy came out but he shouldn't say all are fake just because he was. It just makes him feel better for lying all these years by saying all psychics are fake.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Reminds me of this documentary. Worth a watch.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

There are real psychics out there

There are also a lot of frauds, for sure, who give those of us who are the real deal a bad name. Kind of like Miss Cleo.

But I know from my own experiences that there are real psychics and ESP is a real ability. As far as proof, well, I can point you to one I did here for somebody that involved a lot more than just a simple cold reading.

Okay, so maybe now I need a medium

I don't know how much more proof people need.
I relived a murder and painted it, only didn't know that is what was happening to me until I met NorEaster on here, and then everything I went through for almost two weeks came pouring out...read the thread and the follow ups on the painting.

Painting
There's your proof.

(I don't give readings so please don't ask me)

Spirit came to me, I didn't go to spirit and ask. The spirit world seems to know ahead of time when the need arises for something like that.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Darkblade71 because: Added link to painting

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Real psychics probably wouldn't bother trying to explain to anyone they are legit or not. It would be a waste of time for them. More likely, they just do what they do, not jibber jabbing trying to convince others that they are the real deal.

I have met quite a few psychics, although. none from the USA. Many are frauds, that I can agree with, but not all of them. There are a select few that seem very genuine and real from what I've personally witnessed.

p.s. the one's I've met that were real, never had a set price tag. Any money they received would be an amount determined by the person getting a reading, given purely as a donation and good faith, or nothing at all.
edit on 6-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

There are absolutely no real pyschic's in the world. Every one is a fake. And you cannot prove me wrong.

There's a guy, a professor in England I think it is. For some major university, that has offered the first psychic to go through his program to prove their pyscic $500,000. And not one has passed in like 25 years. In fact, many MANY MANY psychics won't even do it because inside THEY know their quacks.

If I was Psychic or had any superpower, the last thing I would want is to be in the worlds spotlight. Forget that money, do you know how annoying your life would become with the whole world/goverment's eyes on you. (especially from crazy fanatics who fear/hate you etc)

Just offering another perspective.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join