I Was One of America's Top Psychics -- And Like All of Them, a Complete Fraud

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Chris Robinson. He has prophetic dreams and seems pretty genuine.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Most depressing reading ever lol. That was good. I facepalm when one of my friends talk about getting tarot card readings. The things people believe.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

Houdini was a fraud himself, so what does that tell ya?

He was a magician. There a difference. Bite your tongue.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

take a look at the OP's posts.Its clear that he's putting out propaganda and defending the corrupt Western institutions.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

normally people with such abilities are not found in the open.You have to search for them .

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

take a look at the OP's posts.Its clear that he's putting out propaganda and defending the corrupt Western institutions.

Yeah - pointing out a psychic who confesses to be a fake is SOOOO doing all that...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

Yeah - pointing out a psychic who confesses to be a fake is SOOOO doing all that...

Uhhh... he's 'confessing' so he can sell his book. Most likely, many people who came to him found out how much of a fraud he is, so now he's looking at a new angle to make money.

LOL.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by caladonea

Not all psychic people are frauds...there really are some very real psychic's in the world...

no - I'm quite sure you are completely wrong about both of those statements, but feel free to offer some verifiable evidence to support them - my belief is based upong the available verifiable evidence - if you've got some that shows me I'm wrong then I'll change my mind.

Upong what verifiable evidence? Have you conducted any scientific studies into ‘psychic’ phenomena’? Could you post the results please? Failing that, please post the studies which show is no such thing as a psychic person, and then explain how this applies to every single person in the entire world.

Your evidence is no more ‘verifiable’ than the evidence which exists for psychic phenomena.

You think posting a snippet of a story about some carnival psychic who made it big for a short time in Orange County with some a headline clearly designed purely to sell books in any way, shape or form proves that your opinion is anything more than an opinion?

So let’s Define the term ‘Psychic’
www.thefreedictionary.com...
psy•chic (s k k)
n.
1. A person apparently responsive to psychic forces.
adj. also psy•chi•cal (-k -k l)
1. Of, relating to, affecting, or influenced by the human mind or psyche; mental

Now, seems to me that it refers the human mind affecting things or passing information beyond the confines of the brain

Double Slit Experiment

There you go, case closed. Psychic phenomenon does exist and it has been scientifically verified….

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Not all psychic people are frauds...there really are some very real psychic's in the world...what I find interesting is that most of them (the real ones) are not famous and don't make a living from it.

There are absolutely no real pyschic's in the world. Every one is a fake. And you cannot prove me wrong.

There's a guy, a professor in England I think it is. For some major university, that has offered the first psychic to go through his program to prove their pyscic $500,000. And not one has passed in like 25 years. In fact, many MANY MANY psychics won't even do it because inside THEY know their quacks.

Maybe they have no desire to become rich? Just because most humans are greedy doesn't mean they all are.

I have visited a psychic before who did not charge me. I was distraught at the loss of beloved family member. The psychic went into this trance thing, and his voice became totally different than how he was talking before. All of the sudden he started telling the same jokes that my family member used to tell me before he passed away. He only told me those jokes. There's no way this psychic could have possibly known these exact jokes (which only me and my family member would understand.) This psychic afterwords just told me "I hope you found what you were looking for." and didn't even seem to recall what he was saying during the trance with the different voice.

I myself tend to think I can be psychic at times. I am very good at guessing things, almost too good. Just this past hour my wife was laughing at something on her phone, I said what is *SNIP* up to now on facebook? She was stunned and said "how did you know that's who I was laughing at?" I said "I didn't, it was really just a guess. So I was seriously right?" She said "yes" and showed me her phone.

I have that stuff happen all the time. So good at guessing random things.

I though, unlike most others, think psychic abilities have less to do with the supernatural, and more with quantum physics.

edit on 7-8-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
For those who dont believe psychic abilities are real Nikola Tesla had visions of his dying mother both in critical condition and in death which prompted him to go see her

Over a long period of time, Tesla tried to solve the question of death and attentively looked for any manifestations of death in real life. Tesla wrote: “Only once in my present existing I experienced something that looked like supernatural. It happened during my mother’s death. I was ill and exhausted with fever, and was lying in the bed. Suddenly I thought that if my mother dies far from me, she possibly will give a sign. Two or three months later I was in London with my now the late friend, English scientist sir William Crookes, where there was a discussion about spiritism. I was impressed by his case and remembered his work on “radiant matter”, which I read when I was a student. Due to this work, I understood my vocation to be an electrician. I thought that prerequisites for looking “beyond” were favorable since my mother was a woman with extraordinary intuition. All night every fiber of my brain was strained in expectation, but nothing happened until morning, and only when I felt asleep or may be began to nod, I saw a cloud, which carried cherubic figures of divine beauty. One of them looked on me with love, and little by little I recognized in it my mother. The ghost was flying along the room slowly, and finally disappeared. I abruptly woke up with the sound of indescribable pleasant voices. In this moment a confidence, which cannot be described by any words, came over me: I knew that my mother died. And it was true”.

Though he didn't want these abilities and eventually denied any supernatural abilities he possessed as it would conflict with is personal and social interests.

It's not hard to believe that these events happen, atleast in my experience because i believe that truth originates from most lies and some people just saw the lucrative roads being extremely aware could take them. Thats not to say that this phenomenon doesnt exist at all. I think that would be arrogant to say with such assuredness.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Whatifitdidhappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Not all psychic people are frauds...there really are some very real psychic's in the world...what I find interesting is that most of them (the real ones) are not famous and don't make a living from it.

Name the best real one you know...I would like to know...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Name the best real one you know...I would like to know...

if the best one's she know aren't famous, then obviously it doesn't actually matter what name she gives you as you won't have heard of them.

So what's the point of asking...?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would love to meet one of these real psychics. I will litterally stick out my tongue and bite it if I ever met an actual psychic. I think psychics are in the same boat with supposed pyrokinetics and people who can "levitate above ground "

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ever hear of pseudoskepticism?

Pseudoskepticism, by contrast, involves "negative hypotheses" - theoretical assertions that some belief, theory, or claim is factually wrong - without satisfying the burden of proof that such negative theoretical assertions would require.

The true skeptic takes an agnostic position, one that says the claim is not proved rather than disproved. He asserts that the claimant has not borne the burden of proof and that science must continue to build its cognitive map of reality without incorporating the extraordinary claim as a new "fact." Since the true skeptic does not assert a claim, he has no burden to prove anything. He just goes on using the established theories of "conventional science" as usual. But if a critic asserts that there is evidence for disproof, that he has a negative hypothesis—saying, for instance, that a seeming psi result was actually due to an artifact—he is making a claim and therefore also has to bear a burden of proof.

What are the characteristics of said pseudoskeptics?

Truzzi attributed the following characteristics to pseudoskeptics:[1]

1. The tendency to deny, rather than doubt
2. Double standards in the application of criticism
3. Tendency to discredit, rather than investigate
4. Presenting insufficient evidence or proof
5. Assuming criticism requires no burden of proof
6. Making unsubstantiated counter-claims
7. Counter-claims based on plausibility rather than empirical evidence
8. Suggesting that unconvincing evidence is grounds for completely dismissing a claim

en.wikipedia.org...

The list seems to fit several people on this thread.

edit on 7-8-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This isn't news. We already knew all of them were frauds even without a confession.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Agreed.

To claim there is no proof (rather than lack of solid evidence) of something existing and equating it to absolute fact that it doesn't, is pure ignorance.

Facts may change over time. Truths never do.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sidekicks are like bad habits easy to get and hard to get rid of....Just say NO!!! Save your money for the rainy day thats coming...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
As someone who has met layman "psychics", they do and know a lot of weird things that I can't readily explain. Let me tell you something: the ones who I have come across that have made me question things are almost always desperate to keep whatever it is they have a secret.

These folks watch your reaction for any sign of disgust or scoffing, and they back peddle quick if you show it. They cast things off amazing things as just coincidences or luck, and they become nervous if you press them about it. I've yet to meet one that doesn't seem to worry about being crazy or a freak.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
When people look for proof of psychic phenomena they generally look in the wrong place - among the cranks, loons and con-artists - because they don't really understand what they are looking for. Human life is connected at all levels but we are basically physical beings. Because of this people make the assumption that if lottery numbers can't be predicted then there is nothing else but physical reality. However, the physical world is designed to be a physical reality, ie it isn't a psychically connected place. To understand you have to be focused away from the portion of your mind that emanates from the physical brain. This is potentially dangerous because much of the world of ideas cannot be held in a physical brain and when people try to do this they usually turn into sad loonies with no grasp on reality (confusing various states of consciousness and deluding themselves in the process). You wouldn't try to run a computer program on a bicycle would you? Well it's equally pointless trying to prove psychic phenomena by physical means because the real psychic world cannot generally be physically held. Physical stuff does happen - occasionally, sporadically and unreliably - but it's not for tv shows.
edit on 7-8-2012 by prsjm3qf because: amendment

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join